PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota close to Signing Sessions to Offer Sheet

BlondeBomber41
09-04-2009, 01:29 AM
http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/bucks_sessions_on_brink_of_offer_sheet.html

After a long wait, restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions is reportedly on the verge of signing an offer sheet. Surprisingly, the team closing in on Sessions appears to be the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Wolves have about $3.7 million of their mid-level exception available for this 2009-2010 season. Any offer sheet would need to be at least two seasons in length.

The Bucks would have seven days to match but it is believed that they are highly unlikely to do so since the team is only $1.6 million under the luxury tax threshold.

Wolves' GM David Kahn would add another point guard to his roster after Ricky Rubio's decision to spend two more years overseas.

The Knicks and Clippers were thought to be in pursuit of Sessions most of the off-season.

I really dont understand why its been so hard for this kid to find a team. If I was a team in need of a PG I would offer him a MLE type deal.

LakePackYank
09-04-2009, 01:47 AM
What's with wolves in PGs? I mean sessions is good but they have Flynn now as their future PG and they already wasted a draft pick by drafting another one, now ur looking to get ANOTHER PG? What do the wolves what a lineup of pgs only now?

This is what I mean, why are the wolves making good decisions when it comes to a coaching staff but at the same time, screw up by signing either trading good players for another u don't really need, (mayo for love) getting or signing crappy players or signing crappy players u don't need.

This why teams like wolves, Memphis, pacers, etc. Will never win anything when they keep making poor decsions that are pretty much common sense.

Ni55anpat
09-04-2009, 01:48 AM
if they let this guy go....wow bucks are stupid.

kEviN21
09-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Because MN traded away pretty much all their pg's/depth...session can score too so it wont be so bad.

ko8e24
09-04-2009, 01:50 AM
good move by t'wolves. Flynn still needs to be molded a bit, and im sure in 3-4 yrs, he will contribute significantly to the ball club. but until then, u need a point guard who is i guess in a way on the verge of breaking out, and that to me seems like a guy by the name of Ramon Sessions.

boeknows
09-04-2009, 02:07 AM
What's with wolves in PGs? I mean sessions is good but they have Flynn now as their future PG and they already wasted a draft pick by drafting another one, now ur looking to get ANOTHER PG? What do the wolves what a lineup of pgs only now?

This is what I mean, why are the wolves making good decisions when it comes to a coaching staff but at the same time, screw up by signing either trading good players for another u don't really need, (mayo for love) getting or signing crappy players or signing crappy players u don't need.

This why teams like wolves, Memphis, pacers, etc. Will never win anything when they keep making poor decsions that are pretty much common sense.

Because the Wolves dont really have any depth at pg or sg right now. I bet without looking it up you dont have a clue as to who their backup pg is right now.

zambo4president
09-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Great move if Minny can close the deal. Nothing wrong with multiple talented players on your roster.

LakePackYank
09-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Because the Wolves dont really have any depth at pg or sg right now. I bet without looking it up you dont have a clue as to who their backup pg is right now.
depth at 1 position is a good thing but you must take care of your starters first. It does not matter if wolves don't have a good backup or anybody backing up at the current moment.

It is always important to work on ur starters first, not the other way around.

boeknows
09-04-2009, 02:53 AM
You just totally avoided the question as to who the backup is.

IversonIsKrazy
09-04-2009, 03:08 AM
I dont like the pick-up, but then i remember how sad their rotation is on pg/sg. I mean i like Johnny Flynn a lot, but thas all they have from pg/sg spots, lol, i mean their pg/sg spots are just terribly sad. So i guess i like the pick-up.

NYKnickFanatic
09-04-2009, 03:13 AM
****in Walsh man...:facepalm:

DitchDat
09-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Wolves should never let Rubio come over if they pull this off. let his *** rot in Europe

Chronz
09-04-2009, 05:20 AM
depth at 1 position is a good thing but you must take care of your starters first. It does not matter if wolves don't have a good backup or anybody backing up at the current moment.

It is always important to work on ur starters first, not the other way around.

He could potentially be their starter, and you acquire assets when you can, not where you can. There is no SG in the open marker thats as good as Sessions would be for them at the 1, hell he'll probably play some 2 as well.

cameroncrazies2
09-04-2009, 05:47 AM
if they let this guy go....wow bucks are stupid.

The Bucks don't have a choice. They have like $1 million left. They'd have to make a trade in a hurry and acquire $2 million in cap space which is nearly impossible with the economic state of the NBA. Plus, Sessions wasn't Hammond or Skiles pick. Skiles barely started him last season and yanked around his minutes. I like Sessions a lot and if it wasn't for Brandon Jennings, I'd be pro-Sessions, but we have a new future PG. Plus, Sessions is already like 24 or 25. How much better is he really going to get? He can't shoot the 3, is a streaky jumpshooter and isn't a great defender at all. He has great court vision and can dish the ball, but the headaches it'd cause just isn't worth it right now. I wish him all the best and I hope he succeeds because the Wolves are getting a steal for him.

Wisdom Listens
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
People seem to forget when Rubio decides to come over in 2-3 years, he will have the same if not better value than he did in the draft, as we will still own his rights. If we sign Sessions, Rubio then becomes an attractive trade piece down the road. If we decide to keep Rubio, then the same goes for Sessions.

Win-Win. Kahn is the man.

WSU Tony
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I want instant gratification. I want to fill holes with mediocre players in the draft and wonder in 2-3 years why we're not competing because we have a player in his natural position on every spot on the floor.

I want instant gratification and can't stand to wait.