PDA

View Full Version : Bosh rumours are just that..RUMOURS!!

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Whut's up, Raptorland? Jus' got this article, the same time that I got the other article that I posted, a few minutes ago. This is why I really like Eric Smith. He's straight up and doesn't cut corners on topics. He's a "prove it" kinda' cat that I like. Here's what he had to say about Chris Bosh "leaving". makes you kinda' hate American sports writers in basketball. Read and let me know what ya'll think about it.

Here's the link: http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/eric_smith_blog.html

A Little Bias On The Bosh Front...
September 3, 4:03 p.m.

I guess I've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed a few too many times this week!

The other day I told you how tired I was of the Ricky Rubio saga. I'm glad it finally appears to be over. For now.

But now the ongoing chatter about Chris Bosh's future is grinding my gears and it's predominantly coming from our friends at ESPN and the major networks and websites in the U.S.

This week I've seen columns and/or articles that have quoted "experts" saying that Bosh is heading to Miami or New York - to play with Dwyane Wade or LeBron James - and I've seen stats claiming Toronto has a certain (low) percentage or chance of re-signing CB4.

If I'm not mistaken (and I KNOW I'm not - 'cause I've talked to the man myself), Bosh has said time and time again that he's not making a decision about 2010 until the time is right. He's not thinking about it right now. He's going to wait to see how things play out. He has even Twittered about his frustration RE: the constant "rumours" that seem to be coming from folks that have no affiliation or friendship with him. He's basically saying most of the speculation is bogus.

In fact, today Bosh Tweeted this: "Question... Why does everyone ask me what I'm doing in 2010 when I keep saying I don't know? I'm just curious."

But are we going to see ESPN reprint this Tweet or make a big deal about Bosh shooting down their recent forecasts for CB and/or the Raptors? I highly doubt it!

Further to that... in the SAME WEEK that ESPN was spewing some of their dreary bogusness for Bosh's future in Toronto, Michael Grange had a chat with the four-time All-Star in the Globe and Mail.

Here's a snippet … regarding the possibility of an extension … straight from the horse's mouth:

… Raptors president Bryan Colangelo has said that when the book is finished – that is, when his off-season moves are complete – he’ll approach Bosh about re-upping before free agency.

Bosh said earlier this summer that he’s not interested, but he allowed that he’d at least listen now.

“We haven’t read the book yet, but when he has it ready, I’ll gladly sit down and talk about it, discuss pros and cons, and come to a decision,” Bosh said. “But I like that we’re not sitting around, waiting around, putting all our eggs in the basket and saying we’re going to wait for 2010 because we want to have [salary] cap space to get players you might not be able to sign. The do-it-now approach is very motivating, for everyone.

“We’re a lot deeper and I think we have a fantastic team. If we work on the small things, we can make some noise.”

While Bosh didn't come out and say "I'm staying FOR SURE", he sure paints a rosier picture about his future in T.O.

But has ESPN picked up on that story - or those quotes - since the story published four days ago?

Of course not.

As my man Matt Devlin would say: That ain't right.

Eric Smith
Raptors Radio Analyst

What do you guys think about what he had to say?

LanceUpperCut
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Ya **** ESPN Canadian hating ****ers

SA5195
09-03-2009, 08:12 PM
LOL I'll bet you theres gonna be another article saying "Bosh's future unknown" after Bosh writing that tweet. Like I said other times, its up to Bosh, not people writing articles.

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 08:16 PM
^^ I agree 100% on that one.

RaptorizedKevin
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
can we just stop with all this. who cares about espn, we dont need to hear their input if its jsut negetive.

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
True, Kev', but it's good to hear the positive talk from a guy who is probably thinking the same thing you are. That enough is enough with the bullbombs that people are saying about the whole topic. And no matter what we think of this topic, it is on everyone's mind in some way or other.

yungballah15
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
at least the torontomanz know what it is,and have a good feel on what bosh is gonna do and not hearing about the espn crap.

Draco
09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
This week I've seen columns and/or articles that have quoted "experts" saying that Bosh is heading to Miami or New York - to play with Dwyane Wade or LeBron James - and I've seen stats claiming Toronto has a certain (low) percentage or chance of re-signing CB4.

A low percentage (5.8%) of ESPN's "panel of 52 NBA observers" thought that Bosh would stay in Toronto... that's not exactly the same thing as saying ESPN assigned " a certain (low) percentage or chance of re-signing CB4." Way to keep things in context Eric..

“We haven’t read the book yet, but when he has it ready, I’ll gladly sit down and talk about it, discuss pros and cons, and come to a decision,” Bosh said. “But I like that we’re not sitting around, waiting around, putting all our eggs in the basket and saying we’re going to wait for 2010 because we want to have [salary] cap space to get players you might not be able to sign. The do-it-now approach is very motivating, for everyone.

“We’re a lot deeper and I think we have a fantastic team. If we work on the small things, we can make some noise.”

While Bosh didn't come out and say "I'm staying FOR SURE", he sure paints a rosier picture about his future in T.O.

But has ESPN picked up on that story - or those quotes - since the story published four days ago?

Of course not.

Eric Smith
Raptors Radio Analyst

I agree that the ESPN article doesn't really amount to much and that Bosh hasn't decided on anything. However, I'll suggest a differen't slant to Eric's "rosier picture" comment. Maybe Bosh has a rosier opinion of the team than he had prior to the teams new acquisitions. But overall, Bosh's opinion of the team might be what ESPN analysts (particularly the one's privy to the "reports from behind the scenes") think it is.

“I think we’re looking like a good team, and the part I like is I’m not getting too far ahead of myself,” he said. “I learned that last year. I was like, ‘Yeah, we’re good and we’re going to be good’ and we weren’t. I’m taking a more humble approach this year, and it’s making me work harder.

FlakeyFool
09-03-2009, 09:12 PM
thank for clearing up that rumors are just rumors

clutchski
09-03-2009, 09:15 PM
thank for clearing up that rumors are just rumors

lol

Seriously though, solid find gamebreaker I was getting sick of hearing all that ishh from the US media.

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Lol...no prob' @ Clutchski. Yeah, me too. I like Eric's articles and opinions. He seems to be laid back in his views on certain subjects, but real at the same time. We, as Raps fans, already know our team's weaknesses. But we also know our strengths. We are up there with the sell-out stadiums, which speaks volumes on our faith in the country's only ball team...WE still have one of NBA's current, most coveted and successful (in terms of his businesses on the side like his Warner Canada contract for his cd, iTunes application and his DVD), we own one of NBA's top 3 GMs...****, even our mascot's the most popular in NBA...lol. We're gonna be alright, IMO. I'm even giving ourselves the 2nd half of the season and next season to really come together.

Raptor Analyst
09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Leave this topic alone already. If he stays he stays. If not BC will put something together in a trade and get us something in return. People don't need to focus on what we can't control. What we need to do more importantly is focus on winning basketball games.

lorenz00
09-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Ya **** ESPN Canadian hating ****ers

exactly **** yah

The_905
09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Whut's up, Raptorland? Jus' got this article, the same time that I got the other article that I posted, a few minutes ago. This is why I really like Eric Smith. He's straight up and doesn't cut corners on topics. He's a "prove it" kinda' cat that I like. Here's what he had to say about Chris Bosh "leaving". makes you kinda' hate American sports writers in basketball. Read and let me know what ya'll think about it.

Here's the link: http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/eric_smith_blog.html

A Little Bias On The Bosh Front...
September 3, 4:03 p.m.

I guess I've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed a few too many times this week!

The other day I told you how tired I was of the Ricky Rubio saga. I'm glad it finally appears to be over. For now.

But now the ongoing chatter about Chris Bosh's future is grinding my gears and it's predominantly coming from our friends at ESPN and the major networks and websites in the U.S.

If I'm not mistaken (and I KNOW I'm not - 'cause I've talked to the man myself), Bosh has said time and time again that he's not making a decision about 2010 until the time is right. He's not thinking about it right now. He's going to wait to see how things play out. He has even Twittered about his frustration RE: the constant "rumours" that seem to be coming from folks that have no affiliation or friendship with him. He's basically saying most of the speculation is bogus.

In fact, today Bosh Tweeted this: "Question... Why does everyone ask me what I'm doing in 2010 when I keep saying I don't know? I'm just curious."

But are we going to see ESPN reprint this Tweet or make a big deal about Bosh shooting down their recent forecasts for CB and/or the Raptors? I highly doubt it!

Further to that... in the SAME WEEK that ESPN was spewing some of their dreary bogusness for Bosh's future in Toronto, Michael Grange had a chat with the four-time All-Star in the Globe and Mail.

Here's a snippet … regarding the possibility of an extension … straight from the horse's mouth:

… Raptors president Bryan Colangelo has said that when the book is finished – that is, when his off-season moves are complete – he’ll approach Bosh about re-upping before free agency.

Bosh said earlier this summer that he’s not interested, but he allowed that he’d at least listen now.

Of course not.

Eric Smith
Raptors Radio Analyst

What do you guys think about what he had to say?

You clearly have a man crush on eric smith.. :love:

Why does everyone get upset over the rumours and speculation? I'm surprised Eric Smith has let it get to him so much. I think i speak for every knowledgeable raps fan in saying winning will dictate Bosh's future. If we make the playoffs this year above the 7 seed, there is no doubt that Bosh re-signs if not he will most likely walk with a 100% of him leaving if we don't make the playoffs (god forbid).

It's that f ing simple.. so stop speculating already, it's so annoying..

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 10:19 PM
First off, I don't have man crushes. But he who sees it, knows it, right?...lol. As for speculating, you're speculating like everyone else, whether you agree or not...because you and us are not CB, all our opinions are speculations. No need to exhault yaself, bro. This thread was to show others, who have the same views as Eric, that they're not alone on their views. Done. Do you think that you and the other "knowledgeable" Raps fans are the only one who knows winning will determine a players future? It ain't rocket science, Sherlock 1.2. Keep it movin'.

secterm
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
You clearly have a man crush on eric smith.. :love:

Why does everyone get upset over the rumours and speculation? I'm surprised Eric Smith has let it get to him so much. I think i speak for every knowledgeable raps fan in saying winning will dictate Bosh's future. If we make the playoffs this year above the 7 seed, there is no doubt that Bosh re-signs if not he will most likely walk with a 100% of him leaving if we don't make the playoffs (god forbid).

It's that f ing simple.. so stop speculating already, it's so annoying..

I agree, but I might say better than 6th cause I don't see getting 6th place and then facing one of the big three helping the cause. If we finish 5th or 4th, we should likel;y have a matchup where we have a decent shot of advancing and at least giving whoever we would play a real run. Either way if we stink it up with Bosh, than why would we want to pay him like 22.5 mill a year anyways?

swoop
09-03-2009, 10:31 PM
The same group at ESPN picked the LAC to be one of the most improved and biggest messes. The 'sorry Canada' thing at the end was total bs. As if they've proved something..anything. Just a bunch of folks repeating rumours which makes it what FFool said it was - more rumours. Third-hand information becomes 4th hand and so on until it's treated like some sort of fact.

GameBreaker
09-03-2009, 10:36 PM
^^ Word.