09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Lamar Odom
5. Andre Kirilenko

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Are you asking who are the top 5 power forwards or small forwards?

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Top 5 small forwards

1. Lebron
2. Carmelo
3. Pierce
4. Durant
5. Granger

heyman321
09-03-2009, 06:22 PM

:facepalm:

Do you not know what a point foward is?

ombada
09-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Top 5 small forwards

1. Lebron
2. Carmelo
3. Pierce
4. Durant
5. Granger

agree, personally i would switch Granger and Durant (Durant has inflated stats on a horrible team IMO, because he is the best player) but i wouldnt argue with that list the way it is.

The original list.... Stephen Jackson?? Lamar Odom??? Kirilenko????

are you seriously saying that they are better than Pierce, Carmelo, Durant, Granger... i dont even think they are better than Caron Butler, Richard Jefferson or Ron Artest.

Is Gay considered a SG/SF tweener? cause he would be better too.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM

A point forward is a forward that takes over a high proportion of the distribution needs of his team. They just happen to usually be small forwards, because of the need for size and speed.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
agree, personally i would switch Granger and Durant (Durant has inflated stats on a horrible team IMO, because he is the best player) but i wouldnt argue with that list the way it is.

are you seriously saying that they are better than Pierce, Carmelo, Durant, Granger... i dont even think they are better than Caron Butler, Richard Jefferson or Ron Artest.

You must not know what a point forward is either. Look at the definition I gave the other guy.

bigsams50
09-03-2009, 06:29 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Lamar Odom
5. Andre Kirilenko

in his prime, KG was one of the best

ombada
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
You must not know what a point forward is either. Look at the definition I gave the other guy.

I didnt see "point" in the title.

but i still dont see a point (no pun intended) in this thread. I dont know if anyone really cares enough about this unofficial position for it to warrant a thread.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM

but i still dont see a point (no pun intended) in this thread. I dont know if anyone really cares enough about this unofficial position for it to warrant a thread.

All of the threads are pointless. Stop trying to distract everybody from the fact that you couldn't read the title.

rhaas74
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Its the offseason and there have been plenty of other ranking threads. I would much rather see this thread rather than another top 5/10 at each position thread. They had one that I believe was done very well with a lot of input. But people didn't like the outcome and started making their own.

Back to the OP, the list you gave is about what I would go with, good rankings.

MrFastBreak
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm the LAPD. So dont no body move or i'll :guns:

Raph12
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM

You obviously have no idea what a point-forward is.

Point-Forward: A Forward who carries, handles and passes the ball like a Point-Guard.

Lebron, Hedo, Jackson and Odom all fall into that category, Kirilenko not so much.

My Top 10 Point-Forwards list would look like this:

1. Lebron James
2. Caron Butler
3. Hedo Turkoglu
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Paul Pierce
6. Tayshaun Prince
7. Danny Granger
8. Gerald Wallace
9. Lamar Odom
10. John Salmons

BTW: Durant is the best player on a horrible team, but so is Granger. Now I do agree that Granger is currently better than Durant due to his defensive skills, but that wasn't the arguement you were trying to make.

maxcaster989
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
lol @ Stephen Jackson. dudes a chucker.

Danilo Gallinari will be on this list by midseason.

Lakersfan2483
I didn't see "point" in the title.

clutchski

:speechless:

ombada
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
All of the threads are pointless. Stop trying to distract everybody from the fact that you couldn't read the title.

I obviously know they are pointless, and i wouldnt have posted had i read the title correctly. Im not trying to distract anyone, but since i accidently committed myself to this thread i gave my two cents.

Dont know why you got so defensive, i just dont think anyone really gives a crap.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I didn't see "point" in the title.

It's in the title. Get some ****ing glasses.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I obviously know they are pointless, and i wouldnt have posted had i read the title correctly. Im not trying to distract anyone, but since i accidently committed myself to this thread i gave my two cents.

Dont know why you got so defensive, i just dont think anyone really gives a crap.

You need some ****ing glasses too. The word "point" is right in the title. Are the other two Indiana fans with enough money for internet access as dumb as you?

ManRam
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Lamar Odom
5. Andre Kirilenko

That's a good list. Whoever is saying Durant and Granger should be on it are crazy. Whoever said Jackson is a chucker is even crazier. Dude averages 6.5 assists a game.

I don't think AK47 should be on the list. Maybe add Pierce.

There was an article this year by fox sports or cbs sports about how James and Hedo are bringing back the point-forward position. Those two are clearly the two best...regardless of what the stats say. The handle the ball so much.

johnnychan
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
1.Lebron James
2.Lamar Odom
3.Hedo Turkoglu
4.Rashard Lewis
5.Boris Diaw

lakers4sho
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
It's in the title. Get some ****ing glasses.

it's called editing man, they're not idiots

winday5
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
A.K. 47 does not belong here!

ManRam
09-03-2009, 07:19 PM
1.Lebron James
2.Lamar Odom
3.Hedo Turkoglu
4.Rashard Lewis
5.Boris Diaw

I rarely call people homers, but your list is terrible, especially Odom over Turk. Odom is a point forward, for sure...but how can you put him ahead of Turk? Turk handled the ball for the Magic at least 5-6 times more than Odom handled the ball for the Lakers. We went without any PG at times last year, and let him do it. He has to be #2...anywhere else isn't fair...and I don't think it's a matter of opinion. Hedo handled the ball, and ran the offense, more than any F besides LeBron.

And Rashard Lewis is far from being one of the best point-forwards...let alone top 5, or top 10, or top 15...I love the dude, but he is NOT a point-forward.

smith&wesson
09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
james
hedo
lamar

are probably the only real point forwards in the league.

james because soo much of the offence goes through him

lamar because of phil jacksons system lamar gets to push the ball up the court often.

and hedo is just naturally good at distrubiting the ball for a small forward.

ak47 is not a point fwd.

cap'n jack could be but he is too much of a chucker

to the other guys who posted. melo, pierce and durant are great forwards with out a doubt but they arents point forwards.

MiamiHeat
09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
lol @ Stephen Jackson. dudes a chucker.

Danilo Gallinari will be on this list by midseason.

lol @ Danilo Gallinari. dudes a bust.

greg_ory_2005
09-03-2009, 07:34 PM
lol @ Danilo Gallinari. dudes a bust.

How can you call him a bust after one year?

MiamiHeat
09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
How can you call him a bust after one year?

cause I can :cool:

b_rad23
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Boris Diaw is definitely somewhere on the list IMO. He gets overlooked.

dtmagnet
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM

I agree he is such a skilled player but doesn't get the chance to put up better numbers, I imagine that might change in Charlotte.

montazingmvp
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Lamar Odom
5. Andre Kirilenko

i think anthony randolph will crack this list soon...

GodsSon
09-03-2009, 08:15 PM

i was thinking the same thing

ombada
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
You need some ****ing glasses too. The word "point" is right in the title. Are the other two Indiana fans with enough money for internet access as dumb as you?

:laugh2:

Stop trying to validate a ******** thread by being an ignorant *******. I guess you have never skipped over a word when reading, thus making you better than everyone else. I also suppose you have never been to Indiana, because Oregons massive 1279 more dollars of income per capita definitely puts you in a position to talk trash about what we can or can not afford.

Dude your a loser

im done with this thread.

Run&Gun
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Boris Diaw should be one here

D-Will4Prez
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
AK47 played point guard for part of a WCF game :D

SchyGuy11
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2:

SirCarlton
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
i know it hasnt shown in the nba at all..but jeff green was a freakish point forward for georgetown

lorenz00
09-03-2009, 09:56 PM
1. lebron
2. hedo
3. Lamar

the real point forwards right there

Raps08-09 Champ
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Cool.

DenButsu
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Man, I hope this thread doesn't bring that point forward loon back around again. Some of you know who I'm talking about, I'm sure.

JLynn943
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
1. Lebron
2. Hedo
3. Salmons
4. Odom
5. Iguodala

First 4 were easy. Iggy is very debatable, but I couldn't really think of anyone else. It was going to be either him or Diaw

Ovratd1up
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Zach Randolph or Chuck Hayes.

magichatnumber9
09-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Paul Pierce is top 3 don't fool yourselves

JMKnick33
09-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Boris Diaw is very skilled, I agree. But I don't recall him ever bringing the ball up. When I think of point forward, I think of players that can and have brought the ball up court past the half court and called a play or at least made a play for himself. Point forwards are also forwards that also have exceptionally good ball handling skills, are quick, and can set up plays for the team. In that case, here is my list:

1. Lebron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Lamar Odom

That's about it. Others that can make a case for the point forward title are Paul Pierce, Mike Miller, Andre Iguodala, Stephen Jackson, and Tayshaun Prince. It's a rare thing for a forward to be able to handle the rock, and that's what makes these players special. Another reason why Lebron James is one of those unique one of a kind players.

jdricks
09-03-2009, 11:56 PM
You understand that we are talking Point Forward rights? You know a forward that playmakes a lot like a point guard and sets up the play. These are the best of best point forwards in the league.

1. Lebron James
2. Hedo Turkoglou
3. Lamar Odom
4. Boris Diaw
5. Stephen Jackson

mcyz
09-04-2009, 12:04 AM

Do you not know what a point foward is?

maybe he means point guard

JMKnick33
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM

No, he doesn't. POINT FORWARD PEOPLE!

If you guys watch basketball, especially Lebron and the Cavs, the term POINT FORWARD gets thrown around a lot. It's not an official term, it's a term to describe.. well, it's described in many of the other posts, such as my last one. Check it out.

JMKnick33
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_forward

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-04-2009, 12:36 AM
To the galinari hater... Please youtube him to get a glimpse of his potential. By normal standards Beasley is a bust.. Mayo and Rose had better seasons and he was supposedly a lock for the first pick. Now he's in rehab... The whole world is against me smh... Gallo had an injured back all season so please wait until he gets big minutes just like ill wait for beasley to get big min b4 i reserve judgement. Gallo has Hedo potential which says something more than bust..

DenButsu
09-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Nobody talks about power guards anymore.

secterm
09-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Lebron
Hedo
Granger
Jax
Pierce

the idea (IMO) is to construct a list of guys that are clearly Forwards in stature and ability, and yet they are able to handle the ball and distribute like a PG would. Guys like Caron Butler and VC are able to handle the ball, but they fall into more of a backcourt player category. Whereas a point forward the way I see it is a player that has a bit of a post game and plays alot in the front court. Durant might be one, but I haven't seen enough of him in the last year to say that I would be confortable putting the ball in his hands to run on offense (but he definitely has the size and tools to play in the frontcourt). What about Dirk? Some mention (maybe) too Mike Dunleavy; he's not a great player but he is definitely a decent player that is a point forward. Also, I am a big Lamar Odom fan, but I can't see him effectively running on offense REGULARILY. In that respect I would put Odom AT THE TOP of a category with guys like Marion and Prince, capable of handling the ball a little bit and running plays, but not all the time much.

DerekRE_3
09-04-2009, 02:45 AM
How in the hell are people putting John Salmons on their list and leaving out a guy like Boris Diaw...unbelievable.

MrFastBreak
09-05-2009, 01:33 AM

Since you dont know what a point forward is, it's a forward with guard skills. They can handle, make plays and shoot the ball well.

Point Forwards:
Lamar Odom
LeBron James
Hedo Turkoglu
Boris Diaw
Danilo Gallinari
Rashard Lewis
Stephen Jackson
Andrei Kirilenko
Gerald Wallace
Danny Granger
Caron Butler
Paul Pierce

Oefarmy2005
09-05-2009, 01:40 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Lamar Odom
5. Andre Kirilenko

I agree with everyone besides Kirilenko. I would subtract him and add KG.

Leftcoast_yg
09-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Pau Gasol :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrINFd_Mcg8 :D

ko8e24
09-05-2009, 04:09 AM
james
hedo
lamar

are probably the only real point forwards in the league.

james because soo much of the offence goes through him

lamar because of phil jacksons system lamar gets to push the ball up the court often.

and hedo is just naturally good at distrubiting the ball for a small forward.

ak47 is not a point fwd.

cap'n jack could be but he is too much of a chucker

to the other guys who posted. melo, pierce and durant are great forwards with out a doubt but they arents point forwards.

this

SeoulBeatz
09-05-2009, 04:32 AM
no love for Iguodala?

3rd among small forwards in assists behind Lebron and Stephen Jackson

only shot 20+ shots in a game 3 times last season. he is as unselfish as they get.

Averaged 6.7 apg in the playoffs.

too bad our team is so mediocre, no one knows how good Iggy's passing ability really is.

mitch91
09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
james
hedo
odom
diaw
jackson
and somebody who hasnt been mentioned so much but i think is a good point forward and handles the ball quite alot when nash isnt on the floor is grant hill

J-Relo
09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
It's definitely Lebron, also Hedo did a great job last year, Odom and Jackson, Diaw are known as good ball handlers, and i have to mention Grant Hill.

IndiansFan337
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Paul Pierce
3. Caron Butler
4. Hedo Turkoglu
5. Lamar Odom/Danny Granger

Shady66
09-05-2009, 05:28 PM
1Lebron
2Hedo
3jackson