PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Review of the Raptors for a change.

CB29
09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Raptor Fans,

I've read my share of negative articles about the raptors this offseason so i just wanted to pass one along that doesn't say that the Raptors will be slightly better than the worst the NBA has to offer.

http://mvn.com/nbaprimetime/2009/08/nba-eastern-conference-the-three-rising-teams-of-the-09-10-season.html

It is a week old so sorry if you've seen it but i didn't see it on the forums...
Sorry if i missed it....

td0tsfinest
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
it looks like it was written by some kid.

Nadhi1
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
good read

dtmagnet
09-03-2009, 05:40 PM
The author seems incompetent.

clutchski
09-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Lol when I read the title I figured it would be from the Bleacher Report :p

clutchski
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
The author seems incompetent.

"The Raptors have had once heckavu offseason thus far, acquiring..."

yeah no kidding eh.

RaptorsFanatic
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately this positive review proves nothing to the outsiders and shows no credibility as the only recognition received through the article is on a no name site with a no name author.

Yes, I would be happy if this article was written by a well known person, but until then I will ponder the fact that we are still considered weak by the rest of the basketball community.

SA5195
09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow...finally a postive article, but NY is on the same article lol.

Jays Claw
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
This article has no credibility.

nstojic
09-04-2009, 07:55 AM
it looks like it was written by some kid.

the author seems incompetent.

this article has no credibility.

good read

:laugh:

koreancabbage
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM
who cares~

there are going to be positive or negative things said about us but in reality, NOONE knows where the Raptors are going to place this year- they could miss the playoffs for all i know.

At least we would know for sure what Bosh would do, hopefully we sucked enough to get a decent percentage of getting the #1 pick (FREAKIN JOHN WALL) and we would sign a real center and let Bargs play PF

swoop
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Getting a high draft pick in 2010 after a terrible season would be zero consolation.

AFlagRules
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM
The kid is 18 at best, give him a damn break. I want to see one of you teens write a better article.

I thought he made some valid points. Especially his first little paragraph about Andrea. "Andrea is bound to break out into a potential All-Star candidate during the '09-'10 season". I completely agree with this and if a kid from Florida knows it, all you Raptor fans better recognize this. And that's just common sense.

He also mentions that if DeMar DeRozan can take a bigger type role (Like Courtney Lee in Orlando) Toronto can make some real big noise in the playoffs. Something that should be obvious and that I agree with.

nstojic
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
The kid is 18 at best, give him a damn break. I want to see one of you teens write a better article.

I thought he made some valid points. Especially his first little paragraph about Andrea. "Andrea is bound to break out into a potential All-Star candidate during the '09-'10 season". I completely agree with this and if a kid from Florida knows it, all you Raptor fans better recognize this. And that's just common sense.

He also mentions that if DeMar DeRozan can take a bigger type role (Like Courtney Lee in Orlando) Toronto can make some real big noise in the playoffs. Something that should be obvious and that I agree with.

secterm
09-04-2009, 03:28 PM

ink
09-05-2009, 10:15 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've said here at all. Bargnani DOES have a shot at becoming an All Star in the coming seasons. Nothing wrong with supporting one of the players central to the team's plans. The mindless Bargnani bashing is a bit over the top in here. If people want to bash players from this team, please do it on another website. We can read the criticisms once, twice, ten, twenty, fifty times, but eventually it just becomes knee-jerk. You know who you are. Please stop. It's getting really old.