PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: LeBron Stays

saverubio
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__36/ept_sports_rumors-398105299-1251982508_thumb.jpg?ymsCV1BDy1j6E91nYahoo Sports:The Free Agent Summer of 2010 is losing some of its energy already: LeBron James(notes) would apparently like to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers when he becomes a free agent next summer, according to the Associated Press.
It appears that James will test the market, which will be stuffed with top-of-the-line free agents like Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), and Amar'e Stoudemire(notes). But if the Cavs can give him a good deal, it seems clear that he'll stay. After all, he's comfortable there and the New York Knicks, long rumored to be the most likely team to lure LeBron away from Cleveland, hasn't done anything to entice him to New York other than clear a lot of salary space. Cleveland has a big supporting cast and the Cavaliers have done such things as build a practice facility near James' home.
Sounds like Knicks president Donnie Walsh should just start making other plans for next summer now

FlakeyFool
09-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow This Is So Interesting!

td0tsfinest
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
first off; you always post a link when referencing an article because of copyright issues

this isn't the yahoo link but I have the Sports illustrated one

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/09/02/lebron.ap/index.html?eref=si_nba

secondly, your not allow to post a picture and even if you can is it really necessary to post one?
it's not like no one knows who lebron is

Vinny642
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
LOL
This is annoying.

MackSnackWrap
09-03-2009, 11:02 AM
wow hes planning on staying in Cleveland now

PrettyBoyJ
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I dont see lebron goin to the Knicks unless they pull out a okay season where they get the 7th or 8th seed which is very unlikely... If The Knicks could sign and allstar player before the trade deadline and sign Bosh in the 2010 Lebron might come to NY

ManRam
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't really believe this article...but I've said from day one that I think there is no chance that LeBron leaves. It's the best move for his legacy. If he wins in Cleveland, that's far more impressive than if he wins anywhere else. One ring in Cleveland equals 2 or 3 in a big market IMO.

Hellcrooner
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
you know what would be real funny?

Lebron playing his conract to teh end in 2011!!!!!!! and then testing the market.

Hellcrooner
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
and IMO people is completely forgeting about the best scenario for him and is not the Knicks or nets or heat or bulls.

BAron davis, Eric Gordon, Lebron James, Griffin, Kaman with Throntorn and maybe camby (vets min) from teh bench.

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

they have the ULTIMATE CHALLENge make the king win with the worst posible franchise.

theuuord
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Rumors also have it that water is wet. We're waiting for confirmation but it appears to be likely at this stage.

b_russ
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
and IMO people is completely forgeting about the best scenario for him and is not the Knicks or nets or heat or bulls.

BAron davis, Eric Gordon, Lebron James, Griffin, Kaman with Throntorn and maybe camby (vets min) from teh bench.

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

they have the ULTIMATE CHALLENge make the king win with the worst posible franchise.

Or kill the king with the worst possible franchise. But the LA rivalry would be very intriguing.

clutchski
09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't really believe this article...but I've said from day one that I think there is no chance that LeBron leaves. It's the best move for his legacy. If he wins in Cleveland, that's far more impressive than if he wins anywhere else. One ring in Cleveland equals 2 or 3 in a big market IMO.

I can see that too.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-03-2009, 11:47 AM

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

That team would be bad ***. Hard to see him wanting to join the clips, but it could be his best option in terms of having the best players around him. I would just be concerned with how B. diddy would react to losing the ball a lot, but i would have to assume he would be thrilled.

Cavs_Fan24
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

If LeBron signs with the Clippers I will NEVER post on psd ever again.

Ace33Bone
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I dont understand why people aren't getting it... Yes LeBron will be in Cleveland when it is all said it done so other teams may as well not get their hopes too high

Strumpy
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Not more...:facepalm:
Look, until he signs his name on a contract, nobody has any idea where he's going.

colinskik
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll be waiting for the press release from Lebron's camp that "explains" this story whereby he claims his loyalty to Akron, says he loves the Cavs organization yet he can't wait to "test" the waters of free agency.

The Blue Baller
09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
first off; you always post a link when referencing an article because of copyright issues

this isn't the yahoo link but I have the Sports illustrated one

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/09/02/lebron.ap/index.html?eref=si_nba

secondly, your not allow to post a picture and even if you can is it really necessary to post one?
it's not like no one knows who lebron is

Le-who?

Look, until he signs his name on a contract, nobody has any idea where he's going.

Clearly you've never heard of Zandar the Great

Raph12
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I can never trust what Lebron says anymore, he always lies lol. Although I do believe he stays with Cleveland, but you never know.

ya_boi
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
LOL @ a rumor. But it would be wise on his part going to NYK would be career suicide

Hellcrooner
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
asi in garnett joins last place boston suicide

king4day
09-03-2009, 02:44 PM

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

I think the Nets are his second best choice.
If lopez improves, then that team has no holes when you add Lebron.
But the Clippers are in the same boat, but a bigger market.

loki34
09-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the Nets are his second best choice.
If lopez improves, then that team has no holes when you add Lebron.
But the Clippers are in the same boat, but a bigger market.
Come on king!
Option 1 he goes to phoenix and shaq follows him and signs for vet min
Shaq
Amare
Lebron
J-rich
Nash
Option 2 he retires

blastmasta26
09-03-2009, 04:56 PM
asi in garnett joins last place boston suicide

Garnett agreed to the trade once Allen got there. That would be like LeBron coming after the Knicks signed JJ, Bosh, or Amare.

I don't know about that. While I do agree that LeBron is not leaving, winning a title in NY would be huge. Sure, Cavs have sucked for longer than the Knicks, so it might mean more, but not by that much.

Rumors also have it that water is wet. We're waiting for confirmation but it appears to be likely at this stage.

lol exactly, this article is pointless. Although that tends to happen during the slow parts of the offseason.

Toenail Clipper
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM

They WILL have the money

THEY have the BIG MARKET

If he joins the Clippers, I would start loving my most hated player in the NBA today<3

effen5
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
If Lebron joined the Clippers.....

LA = Lebron and Kobe....wtf how is that fair for every other city!

blastmasta26
09-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Pretty much. Regardless of that, there will always be speculation and pointless articles.

ElMarroAfamado
09-04-2009, 12:41 AM
first off Lebron will never win a title while some guy that plays with the Lakers is still in the league...
2nd ...his chances of winning a title will be even less if he does decide to stay with cleveland it will be one of the biggest mistakes of his career...

aNYer
09-04-2009, 12:49 AM
Look, no one knows what he is going to do, and he is certainly playing that up but this article is just so stupid. He is going to get a max deal from every team. You really think Cleveland isn't going to offer him the max? What about NY? NJ? Any other team that has it to offer? So you can tell this writer is making **** up cause he isn't waiting to see if they will put together a good deal for him he is going to go where ever he wants and he is going to get the most money that team is allowed to throw at him.

I asked this before but didn't get an answer, how exactly do the clippers have max money for anyone, not just James. I thought they had something like $12 mil next season.

D-Will4Prez
09-04-2009, 12:49 AM
haha I like how yahoo is assuming Wade opts out ^.^ :pity:

_KB24_
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Is that SI article for real? There were many mistakes on it. " Cavs winning 76 games.....SHaq teaming up with Tracy...."

Either its a fake or SI has some really ****** editors.

LakePackYank
09-04-2009, 01:33 AM
In other news, theirs a report that big foot is actually real. Were waiting for conformation but it is likely true.