PDA

View Full Version : Expansion or Relocation to Pittsburgh?

Pensx3
09-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I have nothing to back this up or anything like that, but what are the chances Pittsburgh gets an NBA team. The city has had several professional NBA teams that have not done great here. But with the new arena and the success of the Penguins and Steelers, do you think there is any chance a team would come here? I know Cleveland and Dallas play a pre season game here in October, but im sure teams play in a bunch of cities without professional teams.

Just a thought, I dont even know how teams are doing economically. But if a city like Memphis and Oklahoma City can support a team, I would think Pittsburgh would have a chance. But it might be tough to compete with the Penguins since NHL and NBA seasons are during the same months pretty much...

Just a thought since the team sold out all of its boxes for hockey in the new arena within days..

johnnychan
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Being from in and around the area I'd love to see a team in Pittsburgh. I would definitely support them.

SteveNash
09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
It would only succeed if they only played with Pisces.

Devin Harris/Rajon Rondo/Steve Blake
Jamal Crawford/Mike Miller/Wally Szczerbiak
Caron Butler/Tayshaun Prince/Hedo Turkoglu
Elton Brand/Jason Maxiell/Andrei Kirilenko
Joakim Noah/Kwame Brown/Kosta Koufos

=

Championship

Jays Claw
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
It would be nice to see the city of Pittsburgh have an NBA team.

ChiSox219
09-02-2009, 05:38 PM
St Louis should probably get a team first

OA SLAY
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
A seattle? Get the F'N Clippers out of L.A.

bal_ravens
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
There are several teams that were supposedly getting new teams too. A few years ago Baltimore was going to get one if they could build a stadium that could hold the minimum amount of fans allowed. I dont see Pitt getting a team.

floridian321
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
A seattle? Get the F'N Clippers out of L.A.

Thats what im saying... dont have an expansion team. Just have the clippers relocate.

makesinger
09-02-2009, 08:32 PM
.Even this tool that made this thread. I know you are sad that rondo is better then rose. ..

Hustla23
09-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats what im saying... dont have an expansion team. Just have the clippers relocate.
Ingenious.

The Clippers need to go to Pittsburgh !

ManRam
09-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I live in Pittsburgh now. It's a great sports city, and it's really actually a great city in generally (hopefully someday I can drop the 'actually')...but it isn't an NBA city I feel like. They'd probably do fine, but I don't think it should be the first choice. Basketball in Pittsburgh just seems odd...unless you are talking about the Panthers.

IDB Josh M
09-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I think the Grizzles should go to Pittsburgh. Memphis isn't much of a basketball city anyways. At least the Clippers can sell their seats.

_KB24_
09-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Vancouver should be heavily considered. Global City, renovated arena, MLS is coming here, Olympics, and one of the most best cities to live in the world.

Shady66
09-03-2009, 01:10 AM
^ Agreed

Raph12
09-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Bobcats and Warriors are said to be selling, the Clippers also are a horrible team. There are alot of cities that would do well with an NBA team. But IMO Pittsburgh is a hockey city, then a football city, with the success of the Penguins and Steelers, I think basketball may be overlooked by the fans of Pittsburgh.

todu82
09-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I would think St.Louis and Seattle would get a NBA team before Pittsburgh.

mzgrizz
09-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I think the Grizzles should go to Pittsburgh. Memphis isn't much of a basketball city anyways. At least the Clippers can sell their seats.

Won't happen......they are legally locked here for another 7 or 8 years at least, so get over it.
And yes, Memphis is a basketball city....they are just supportive of winners.....so the front office is really killing the remaining fans with their odd ideas of how to build a team.