PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: If Lebron were to be traded what's a good deal for him?

JordansBulls
09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Hypothetical: If Lebron were to be traded what's a good deal for him?

Let's say the Celtics and Cavs have the following discussions

If Lebron told Cleveland he is 100% sure he will not resign and Lebron told the Cavs that he wanted to play for the Celtics and that he would sign a 5 year extension deal with them, would both parties agree on the following trade:

Cavs send Lebron and Shaq to the Celtics for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett

Cavaliers
PG Mo/Gibson
SG West/Wally
SF Pierce/Kinsey
PF Garnett/Varajeo
C Big Z/Filler

Celtics
PG Rondo/Filler
SG Ray/House
SF Lebron/Tony Allen
PF Glen Davis/Scalabrine
C Shaq/Perkins

Would that be a realistic deal on both ends?

If not that deal what deal would be realistic for Lebron where you know wherever he goes he will be "The MAN"?

ManRam
09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't think Cleveland would go that direction. They'd want youth.

A young star, and a first rounder. Like a Durant, a Roy, a Rose, etc... Of course, that all depends on whether the new team could agree to an extension.

D-Will4Prez
09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I think they would, yes.

lakerboy
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I think they could use Kevin Durant + 1st round draft pick for LBJ.

Brandon Roy, Rudy Fernandez for LBJ

Kobe2324
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Well he's the 2nd best player in the league, Kobe in my opinion is still the better player but because of age they could never be traded for eachother, i think dwayne wade packaged with another player and a draft pick would be the only good deal for cleveland, or up and comming player like Durrant or Roy packaged with other players and draft picks. Its hard to say what would be a good deal for players like Kobe and Lebron and you can even put the Dwayne Wade on that list. Those 3 players are a notch above everyone else.

atl_braves_fan
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't imagine that they would do that deal. KG and Pierce are well into their decline and Lebron is coming into his prime. On top of that, you would have the PR nightmare of trading one of the best players in the league that just happens to be a local guy . I am not sure the Cavs would ever recover from that (on the other hand, if you offer him a max deal and he walks, you did all you could and he shares some of the bad press).

D1JM
09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
There is alot if's. There is no point for this thread.

Storch
09-02-2009, 01:46 PM
lebron for roy alridge and oden

or

lebron for johnson smith and that pf they have i forgot his name

IBleedPurple
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
If for instance it was Boston, I'd say Rondo & 2 1st rounders.

For other teams, it's be about the same, a young star and one or two first round picks.

thephoenixson28
09-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Amare and jason richardson for Lebron

roshan3ai
09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Joe Johnson, AL Horford, Josh Smith for Z and Lebron

roshan3ai
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
There is alot if's. There is no point for this thread.

then don't read it

JordansBulls
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
The point is that if Lebron says he will 100% not resign, then Cleveland either has to:

1) Hope they win it all this year and lose Lebron without getting anything in return

or

2) Trade him and get some good/great players/prospects in return.

Raph12
09-02-2009, 02:28 PM
1st off, shouldn't this be in the "Trade Ideas" section? And secondly I think the trade listed above by JB is not even close. Shaq is done IMO, KG may be done, so technically it's Lebron for Pierce... TALK ABOUT RIPPED OFF!! lol

Pierzynski4Prez
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
JB, 2 threads starting in 15 minutes about Lebron being on the C's instead of KG and Pierce. Couldn't this just have been one thread? Just try it out in 2K9 and see what happens.

GSRaider
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
imo...

lebron = allstar caliber player + solid role player + young and talented prospect + 1st round pic...

or (warrior fan)... lebron for monta ellis, stephen jackson, anthony randolph and a 1st round pic...

might seem like a lot, but we're talking about the king (*prince ) here... lebron is hall of fame material... he might end up being one of the greatest of all time...

TragicallyHip
09-02-2009, 02:39 PM

If Lebron told Cleveland he is 100% sure he will not resign and Lebron told the Cavs that he wanted to play for the Celtics and that he would sign a 5 year extension deal with them, would both parties agree on the following trade:

Cavaliers
PG Mo/Gibson
SG West/Wally
SF Pierce/Kinsey
PF Garnett/Varajeo
C Big Z/Filler

Celtics
PG Rondo/Filler
SG Ray/House
SF Lebron/Tony Allen
PF Glen Davis/Scalabrine
C Shaq/Perkins

If not that deal what deal would be realistic for Lebron where you know wherever he goes he will be "The MAN"?

If I were Danny Ainge and this trade was offered to me, I would ask what the catch was and obviously say yes before the Cav's changed their minds.

GREATNESS ONE
09-02-2009, 02:39 PM
haha Lebron for a Happy meal

Shahrose
09-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Clevland Trade: LBJ
Get: Chris Paul, NO First Rd Pick 2010, Lakers First Round Pick, 2010 & 2011

New Orleans Trade: CP3 + First Round Pick
Get: Kobe

Lakers Trade: Kobe + 2010/2011 First Round Pick
Get: LBJ

? :)

atl_braves_fan
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
If for instance it was Boston, I'd say Rondo & 2 1st rounders.

:facepalm: You have got to be kidding me.

carruthers32
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
LeBron for the entire knick team.

Shahrose
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
:facepalm: You have got to be kidding me.

haha yea i got a laugh out of that one also

torontosports10
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381341

The pick ended up being like 5th and I took Tyreke Evans.

Giaps
09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
The only players that can be traded for Lebron I would think are Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, Durant, Roy, Howard, Bosh, Paul, D-Williams, D-Rose, Griffin...

Greats like Garnett, Pierce, Duncan, Nash etc. aren't young enough. Kobe isn't that young, be he is a top 2 player in the league.

FlakeyFool
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
The only players that can be traded for Lebron I would think are Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, Durant, Roy, Howard, Bosh, Paul, D-Williams, D-Rose, Griffin...

Greats like Garnett, Pierce, Duncan, Nash etc. aren't young enough. Kobe isn't that young, be he is a top 2 player in the league.

really? I'd trade bosh for lebron anytime

madiaz3
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
2 1st Rounders, Battier, T-Mac (flip a coin to determine health)

haha i dont know

RaiderLakersA's
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Cavaliers
PG Mo/Gibson
SG West/Wally
SF Pierce/Kinsey
PF Garnett/Varajeo
C Big Z/Filler

Celtics
PG Rondo/Filler
SG Ray/House
SF Lebron/Tony Allen
PF Glen Davis/Scalabrine
C Shaq/Perkins

No, that is not a realistic trade scenario. At all.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-02-2009, 04:14 PM
They would want youth and talent.

Harden and Durant for Lebron might make sense.

C-Shaq
PF-Varajao
SF-Durant
SG-Harden
PG-Williams

Raps08-09 Champ
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'll give you Bosh, Bargnani, and 10 first round picks(All unprotected) for Lebron and Shaq.

C-Shaq, Rasho, O'Bryant
PF-Lebron, Evans, Johnson
SF-Turkoglu, Wright, Weems
SG-Derozan, Belinelli, Douby
PG-Calderon, Jack, Banks

RaiderLakersA's
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
You guys are all mentioning players, but you're missing the biggest part of this. The NBA, like all professional sports, is a BUSINESS. Making money is 1A. Winning Championships is 1B and second priority from an ownership and GM standpoint. There are only 3 players in the league that can fill seats like LeBron. Kobe and D. Wade. That's it. If Cleveland is going to give up LBJ, and they can't meet the 1A requirement, than it has to be enough players to fulfill the 1B requirement. Pierce and Garnett alone won't cut it. Some of the other trades won't cut it either.

D Roses Bulls
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
i dont know. i mean i would think cleveland would want youth but then again maybe not. i think boston would do it and build around rondo and lebron, but i think cleveland would not trade him for anyone not name kobe or wade because of the team they have right now and they would want to win right now.

dtmagnet
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
If I had to trade him I'd try to do it for the best big man in the game, Dwight Howard.