PDA

View Full Version : when will floyd fight manny?

Cnd_DEnd
09-02-2009, 10:44 AM
sorry, i have no idea if this was a rumor or it will happen in the future? but is there a chance of this happening after mayweather and marquez, if mayweather wins, is he going to fight the pacman?

that fight could save boxing....

yboord028
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I think if Pacquiao wins his fight against Cotto and Mayweather wins his fight against Marquez. You could see it in the spring or maybe early summer like the Hatton/Pacquiao fight. Shane Mosely could possibly come in and ruin the fight though.

Ragan
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
If both Mayweather and Pacman win their upcoming fights, then they will almost definitely face off against each other. Shane Mosley has been trying to call out Mayweather, but if Floyd took that fight when a potential match with Pacquiao was out there, it would look like he was ducking Pacman, and Floyd has way too much pride to duck anyone. Plus he would make 5-10x as much fighting Pacquiao as he would Shane. Floyd v. Manny would come close to Floyd-DLH money wise, which was the highest grossing PPV of all time. Tough to pass that up for either fighter...

Cnd_DEnd
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
floyd vs pacman, would be insane

that would make a killing in money, but for some reason i see mayweather being afraid of manny.

Ragan
09-02-2009, 02:40 PM

that would make a killing in money, but for some reason i see mayweather being afraid of manny.

would probably be the first time in a LONG time Floyd would be the underdog in a fight. still though, i think floyd cares more about setting another PPV record than his own undefeated streak. you think he would turn down a potential $30mm+ payday because he was afraid the 0 in his record might change to a 1?

INeedMyJays
09-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Won't happen. Floyd's been dodging Paquiao for some time now. His excuse is he wants 70-30 of the money.

Cnd_DEnd
09-03-2009, 09:37 AM
yeah i kinda thought floyd would be afraid of manny, because he knows he would lose. and the money, wouldnt floyd get paid super big bucks to fight manny? i still dont think floyd would do it, hes to afraid to lose, and not be able to say hes the greatest because he has never lost.

jakesmail123
09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
yea floyd is definately scared.

that fight would be amazing tho.
i think manny would destroy him

Fadilles
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Floyd has way too much pride to duck anyone.

:rolleyes::facepalm::speechless: Seems to me Floyd has done a whole heck of a lot of dodging of the best welter weights of his time.

cartman
09-20-2009, 02:32 AM

What about Mosely wait scared off him to he doesn't want to face top true midelwieghts

2009mvp
09-20-2009, 03:18 AM
Well that might make sense considering neither of them are middleweights...

Mwizards23
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
people its not that he scared and plus they have talked bout fighting its the money both of them want a bigger piece.If you wanna talk bout scared what bout Manny dodging Mosley.Mosley been offering more than half the money he will take a smaller piece of the purse to fight.But Manny and Roach know that Mosley wont make the mistakes that hatton and del la hoya did so get the facts right

jetsforever
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Stop *****ing about him being scared. Hes going to fight either Mosely or Pac. When who knows but it will

Raps18-19 Champ
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
If Pacman loses against Mayweather, it is for 2 reasons.

1. Roach's disease is getting worse. Most of Pacman's success is thanks to Roach.

2. Floyd likes to run away whenever he gets hit. That will probably frustrate Pacman and cost him a mistake. Not saying that is a bad strategy but a ***** way of winning.

2009mvp
09-22-2009, 12:56 AM
^^Sounds like two excuses, the second of which reads to an unbiased viewer as "Floyd outboxed Pacquiao."

Ragan
09-22-2009, 09:09 AM
2. Floyd likes to run away whenever he gets hit. That will probably frustrate Pacman and cost him a mistake. Not saying that is a bad strategy but a ***** way of winning.

As opposed to... standing there and getting pummeled? Who has ever won a fight like that? Floyd's footwork and movement and generally ability to never get touched is what makes him so great. If you just wanna see two guys beat the crap out of each other, go watch a bar fight. If you wanna see great boxing, watch Floyd.

The analogy I use with my casual boxing fan friends is that just because a Steelers-Ravens game was 13-10 that doesn't make it a worse game (or a more ***** way to win) than a 49ers-Seahawks game that was 35-27. Defense: it's just as important as offense...

Raps18-19 Champ
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
As opposed to... standing there and getting pummeled? Who has ever won a fight like that? Floyd's footwork and movement and generally ability to never get touched is what makes him so great. If you just wanna see two guys beat the crap out of each other, go watch a bar fight. If you wanna see great boxing, watch Floyd.

The analogy I use with my casual boxing fan friends is that just because a Steelers-Ravens game was 13-10 that doesn't make it a worse game (or a more ***** way to win) than a 49ers-Seahawks game that was 35-27. Defense: it's just as important as offense...

No but running away after getting hit once proves your a *****.

2009mvp
09-22-2009, 08:48 PM
^^:sigh:

As for the original question, maybe never. If Cotto stops Pacman there's no reason for a Floyd/Manny fight because Floyd will have a laundry list of welterweights to take on (Cotto, Mosley, Williams, down the line maybe Berto). If Pacquiao beats Cotto though, he's in my eyes the top p4p fighter in the world until Floyd can unseat him. It all hinges on Cotto/Pacquiao. If Floyd's very next opponent isn't one of the winner of that one or Mosley, boxing's got a big problem on its hands though.