PDA

View Full Version : Would you want your team to trade for Rubio, if so what would you give up?

PHX2daDEATH
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Another big blow to the T-Wolves organization..Nobody's fault but themselves if you ask me. Rubio might be worth the wait if they didn't Draft Flynn right before him, they could of easily taken Flynn and DeRozan, and everybody would be talking about the T-Wolves being contenders in 3 or 4 years. Instead they take two point guards, BONEHEADED move if you ask me or was it?

What do you think Ricky Rubio's trade value is? If I were Kahn I'd be trying to trade Rubio's rights not now but maybe in a year after scouts are able to see more of him over in Barcelona..Rubio's best bet at improving his game was to play in the NBA.. He'll be 21 or 22 in 2011 and thats still young..

I honestly see Rubio playing elsewhere in a bigger market like L.A or NY tho none of those teams have the young assests the T-Wolves would want.. what do you people think!

LakePackYank
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Jordan farmar, Sasha or Luke Walton, 2 first round picks and a bunch of begging and tears.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-01-2009, 06:14 PM
honestly that was ******** the smarter move would have been take derozan and flynn but w.e im glad derozan dropped to us..He also was saying he would go back if the team he wanted didnt draft him and im sure the twolves new they werent that team

ChiSox219
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
The Bulls have Rose.

If my team didnt, i would give a lot to go get Rubio.

It wasnt a bad move, they've got Flynn to play PG now while Rubio grows and improves in Europe, isn't he 18 years old? Rubio comes over in 2-3 years and they can trade Flynn or run a 2 PG offense.

questkat
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Nets have Devin Harris, so we really dont need him. but if his rights get traded to a big market like NYK (which i believe they will), i think he'll come back from Barcelona asap. i don't think he's playing in Minny at all

krest213
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
heat and spurs fan here. why in the world would i trade for rubio. his yet to prove himself in the NBA u know guys, not every good overseas player are gonna be good in the nba,

AsiandudePH
09-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Genius move if he opted to play in the NBA and an okay decision if he opted to stay in Europe. Could be better for them having DeRozan, but it's all right given that it still is a young team. Hey, at least Kahn took the risk in a win-even situation unlike their previous GM...well, that's my thoughts anyway.

With that said, if I were a GM and being that I'm a Lakers Fan, I'ma trade Farmar, an obviously late 1st round pick on a later year and a filler for the unproven rookie.

randomness
09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
No, I wouldn't want Rubio but if we had to get him... I would give up a great player.

Marcus Banks.

WSU Tony
09-02-2009, 12:25 AM
The Wolves aren't winning anything the next 2 years anyways, we have time to wait. I don't know if you guys have instant gratification syndrome or simply can't look past a year or two. The Wolves can afford to wait and will. He'll get nothing but better in the next two years and when he decides he's ready for the NBA he'll be a stud 20 year old on a rookie contract. How valuable is that? Very.

Talk to the Spurs about picking the best available player and waiting a few years....

If you look past 2 years (which is how long this rebuilding process in Minnesota will take) picking a #2 talent at the #5 pick is a great move.

boeknows
09-02-2009, 12:39 AM
honestly that was ******** the smarter move would have been take derozan and flynn but w.e im glad derozan dropped to us..He also was saying he would go back if the team he wanted didnt draft him and im sure the twolves new they werent that team

After you sign an agent you can't go back to college and play.

Shady66
09-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Why would any team want somebody who just quits on their team?

Raps08-09 Champ
09-02-2009, 12:59 AM
No one that would make sense on the Raptors salary and talent wise.

todu82
09-02-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm a Pistons fan. I wouldn't trade for him, he seems like to much of a headache to me.

LakersIn5
09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
YES, people are just saying NO but deep inside they want rubio. if this thread was made like 5 months ago almost everyone would say YES and right now rubio is still the same and probably better. i would give farmar and sasha.

you could say that he hasnt proved anything in the nba yet but so does blake griffin,tyreke evans,james harden and everyone in the 2009 nba draft.

btw i have a question. if guys dont sign with the team that drafted them, can they rejoin the draft? or does the team that drafted him has his rights. cuz like 2 years ago YI was drafted by the bucks and people were saying that if he doesnt sign then he would just join the next years draft

koreancabbage
09-02-2009, 08:16 AM
YES, people are just saying NO but deep inside they want rubio. if this thread was made like 5 months ago almost everyone would say YES and right now rubio is still the same and probably better. i would give farmar and sasha.

you could say that he hasnt proved anything in the nba yet but so does blake griffin,tyreke evans,james harden and everyone in the 2009 nba draft.

btw i have a question. if guys dont sign with the team that drafted them, can they rejoin the draft? or does the team that drafted him has his rights. cuz like 2 years ago YI was drafted by the bucks and people were saying that if he doesnt sign then he would just join the next years draft

NO, this is not the MLB draft...thank God

anyone who gets drafted, the team that drafts them has their rights till they they trade that right. SO the player technically drafted could never play in the NBA but the team that drafted him still has his rights if he comes to the NBA. I believe that is the way it works unless there are a certain amount of years they can wait it out (i don't know)

Vinny642
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
well we got cp, so hell no i dont want that downgrade of a player

WSU Tony
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Flynn will be compared to CP3..... Hopefully...... Maybe? Probably not.

king4day
09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
The Wolves aren't winning anything the next 2 years anyways, we have time to wait. I don't know if you guys have instant gratification syndrome or simply can't look past a year or two. The Wolves can afford to wait and will. He'll get nothing but better in the next two years and when he decides he's ready for the NBA he'll be a stud 20 year old on a rookie contract. How valuable is that? Very.

Talk to the Spurs about picking the best available player and waiting a few years....

If you look past 2 years (which is how long this rebuilding process in Minnesota will take) picking a #2 talent at the #5 pick is a great move.

Very well said.