PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Team stats/places

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey raptor fans, i did some research and wanted to present this info with you all. its our entire team stats on where we rank in the nba and the numeric values for each stat.

Toronto Raptors:

Free Throws: 1st in NBA - 82.4%
Assists: 5th in NBA- 22.37
3PT Field Goal %: 10th in NBA- 37.2%
Field Goal%: 11th in NBA-45.8%
Blocks: 16th in NBA-4.75
Rebounds: 21st in NBA-40.42
Steals: 28th in NBA-6.37

After This busy and emotional offseason, hopefully the raptors can improve and maintain some of these stats. If we can move up places in more of the defensive categories, im sure we are a much better team in those areas from the 08-09 season. I know for a fact with turkoglu, we will be even higher in ranks for assists( higher rankings as in from 5th to 3rd). With Turkoglu, and our depth in our bench, we should inprove our points record. As well as adding Reggie evans,Amir Johnshon, Rasho nesterovich, and the improvements/bulk of bargnani and bosh, im sure we will indeed improve rebounding my many places.

My outlook for the new season stats would be .

Assists 2nd
Free throws 1st
Points 11th
Rebounds 14th
FG 9th
Blocks 12th
Steals 28th

Some areas, i think we still might be the same, ( steals) but if we can achieve this outloook for the new season( my outloock), that means we had a very successfull offseason and improve in pretty much all categories, and will be consistant for years to come. just wanted to share this info with you guys.:)

ChongInc.
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
i think we will move down in freethrow %
but our points for should increase nicely with the new additions and playing the faster paced game that triano is attempting to put in place.

secterm
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
IMO, Andrea Bargnani will average 16.5 and 5.5, and he will still be the worst rebounding starting Center in the league.

swoop
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
The horse has officially been beaten to death twice.

MackSnackWrap
09-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I still think our rebounding and steals will bee in the low 20s

C_Mund
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
The horse has officially been beaten to death twice.

Yup! But news has been slow, so like Supastition says: " We gonna beat the dead horse like we don't care for animal rights."

kenzo400
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
IMO, Andrea Bargnani will average 16.5 and 5.5, and he will still be the worst rebounding starting Center in the league.

You are persistent, I'll give you that.

Raptor Analyst
09-02-2009, 08:23 PM
The simple fact is this; If we can't rebound we are going to lose. We can score as much as we want but without rebounding and hard nose defense were going to lose. Im not talking about gritty play from a guy like Evans we know were going to get that from him. We need Bargnani, Bosh and Calderon to get gritty the leaders. They haven't been doing that and Bosh is the leader he needs to show buy example. Just because you average a double double dosen't mean that teams are scared to play you, and thats because he's not mean. Lebron kobe KG Artest Dwade there mean teams dont waant to play against those guys. Im not saying be an a**hole, im just saying this isn't girl scouts lead by example.

Nexus
09-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Hey raptor fans, i did some research and wanted to present this info with you all. its our entire team stats on where we rank in the nba and the numeric values for each stat.

Toronto Raptors:

Free Throws: 1st in NBA - 82.4%
Assists: 5th in NBA- 22.37
3PT Field Goal %: 10th in NBA- 37.2%
Field Goal%: 11th in NBA-45.8%
Blocks: 16th in NBA-4.75
Rebounds: 21st in NBA-40.42
Steals: 28th in NBA-6.37

After This busy and emotional offseason, hopefully the raptors can improve and maintain some of these stats. If we can move up places in more of the defensive categories, im sure we are a much better team in those areas from the 08-09 season. I know for a fact with turkoglu, we will be even higher in ranks for assists( higher rankings as in from 5th to 3rd). With Turkoglu, and our depth in our bench, we should inprove our points record. As well as adding Reggie evans,Amir Johnshon, Rasho nesterovich, and the improvements/bulk of bargnani and bosh, im sure we will indeed improve rebounding my many places.

My outlook for the new season stats would be .

Assists 2nd
Free throws 1st
Points 11th
Rebounds 14th
FG 9th
Blocks 12th
Steals 28th

Some areas, i think we still might be the same, ( steals) but if we can achieve this outloook for the new season( my outloock), that means we had a very successfull offseason and improve in pretty much all categories, and will be consistant for years to come. just wanted to share this info with you guys.:)

That "points" stat is misleading. We play a slower tempo game than many teams. It needs to be adjusted to be points per possession. We should be between 5th and 7th, which means we need to be at least decent defensively to compete.

Being first in free throws isn't all that great if you're 25th at getting to the line.

Rebounds I seriously doubt we'll be above average. Having Evans is all fine and dandy to slightly improve our rating while he's the floor for his ten minutes. Besides that Rasho is decent, Bargs is a liability, Bosh is great but he's often out of range, Turk sucks, Belli sucks, Calderon is meh.