PDA

View Full Version : Place Allen Iverson on the Raptors..... Eastern Conference Title Contender??

JOSKOMANG4
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
1) They Currently have Antonie Wright(formally of the mavericks/Nets) and rookie Demarcus Derozen at the starting shooting guard Position. Adding Iverson will add more depth to their lineup, and potential scorer 20ppg.

2) Interest Bosh in staying with Toronto; All these moves this offseason.

3) I honestly believe with Iverson, Toronto will take the 4th seed in the conference; possibly stun the top seed in the semi conference finals( Possibly Magic, Celtics, or Cavs).

Lineup:

C: Andrea Bargnani/Rasho Nesterovic/Patrick O'Bryant
PF: Chris Bosh/Reggie Evans/Amir Johnson
SF: Hedo Turkoglu/JAntoine Wright/oey Graham
SG: Allen Iverson/DeMar DeRozan/Marco Belinelli/Quincy Douby/Sonny Weems
PG: Jose Calderon/Jarrett Jack/Marcus Banks

This adds depth to their bench as well.

2nd team) Rasho, Reggie, A. Wright, Derozen, Jack

ChiSox219
09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Eastern conference playoff contender.

randomness
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
1) They Currently have Antonie Wright(formally of the mavericks/Nets) and rookie Demarcus Derozen at the starting shooting guard Position. Adding Iverson will add more depth to their lineup, and potential scorer 20ppg.

3) I honestly believe with Iverson, Toronto will take the 4th seed in the conference; possibly stun the top seed in the semi conference finals( Possibly Magic, Celtics, or Cavs).

Lineup:

We don't need Iverson.
We don't want Iverson.
We can't get Iverson.

And even if we did get him, our lineup would be this: (having to release 1 player)

Bargnani/Nesterovic/O'Bryant
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/DeRozan/Wright
Iverson/Belinelli/Douby or Weems
Calderon/Jack/Banks

bahama0811
09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
No, he wouldn't make them contenders. I take that back, he may make them contenders for the lottery.

ManRam
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
According to this site, they are already more than just contenders.

C_Mund
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I think I'm one of the only Raps fans on this site that's wanted Iverson from the beginning of this off-season. I just think he got such a bum rap after winning 50+ games in Denver then being put in a HORRIBLE situation in Detroit. I think his skill set would put T. over the top because we're not a team like Detroit, and we don't have anybody (except our starting sf, pf and C) who can penetrate. Drop Sonny Weems, bring in the Answer!

Nadhi1
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
noooooo we dont need iverson

GCOOKIE7
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
F that.

unk88
09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
well if Toronto put in an offer, AI would probably choose T.O. over bobcats or wolves im pretty sure

pebloemer
09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Few Questions:

How many balls do Iverson, Bosh, Bargnani, Turk and Jose and the bench get to play with?
Who is going to defend.... well... any of their positions?
How would addition of Iverson affect the development of young players (Bellinelli, DeRozan)?
How will attitudes mesh?

I have a negative opinion of all 4 of those questions, so no, I don't think Iverson makes them contenders and no I don't think it helps the franchise moving forward.

GCOOKIE7
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
well... 15 guys on the team. That makes 30ish balls.

But seriously i thought that we already labled this guy as a cancer.

La11
09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
OMG are you serious? Iverson is pass his prime and will never make his teammates better. In iverson's mind its me me me me and BC does not bring players of his character. Why the hell would we need Iverson when he was a cancer to the pistons( would not come off the bench). Im glad we have BC because he would not even offer him a contract and if we had Bobcock...we would have iverson right now

asandhu23
send him to warriors

LanceUpperCut

Quit your crying. All the raptor hate on here is just sad and pethedic now.

La11
09-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Lineup:

You have no clue about basketball except the fact that you only know the big names stars like iverson. NBA teams are only allowed to have 15 players and you have named 17. LOL :clap:

td0tsfinest
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM

ECF baby :p

La11
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
No, he wouldn't make them contenders. I take that back, he may make them contenders for the lottery.

I totally agree with this statement. If you watch last years pistons it was iverson dribbling dribbling cross and shoot anytime he has the ball while the rest of the players watch. Pistons were known for great team ball..great movement of the ball. I didnt see any of that last year when iverson was there. If you watch denver when iverson was there it was melo and iverson playing one on one against the opponents and they werent considered contenders. When they got a true point they played more of a team.( even when andre miller was there and earl boykins)

Mavrix
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
They would be a playoff contender for sure with a first round exit.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
We don't want, or need him here.

miller74
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Iverson is more trouble then hes worth he will never win anything, hes not a team player. Raps r better off without him

JLynn943
09-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I totally agree with this statement. If you watch last years pistons it was iverson dribbling dribbling cross and shoot anytime he has the ball while the rest of the players watch. Pistons were known for great team ball..great movement of the ball. I didnt see any of that last year when iverson was there. If you watch denver when iverson was there it was melo and iverson playing one on one against the opponents and they werent considered contenders. When they got a true point they played more of a team.( even when andre miller was there and earl boykins)

:rolleyes:

If you actually watched the Pistons last year, instead of just claiming you did, you would know how wrong you are. The only time the Detroit offense had any semblance of working was when Iverson was in at PG. He meshed very well with the big men on that team, often finding Sheed and McDyess for open looks and frequently getting the ball to Maxiell on his way to the hoop.

It's pathetic and a little funny that Toronto fans wouldn't want Iverson. All it shows is that the bias against him in the media continues to blind the average fan. Do I think Toronto would win a title if Iverson went there? Probably not, but they'd be a lot closer than they are now.

GAWDtv
09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I think I'm one of the only Raps fans on this site that's wanted Iverson from the beginning of this off-season. I just think he got such a bum rap after winning 50+ games in Denver then being put in a HORRIBLE situation in Detroit. I think his skill set would put T. over the top because we're not a team like Detroit, and we don't have anybody (except our starting sf, pf and C) who can penetrate. Drop Sonny Weems, bring in the Answer!

Hey Hey Hey, I am all over this, I been trying to get these sheep to realize we need alot of help at the Guard positions and AI would be the one to give us a chance AT THE POST SEASON muchless the 4th seed. As we stand we will not make the playoffs and our backcourt will take the brunt of the blame. Wright/Bellinelli/Whoever we got is weak on D and 10 ppg from either will be Award winning #'s. MIP 4 sure no? That is just not enough from the 2 spot. Turk/Derozen cannot be expected to do much at the 2 as they are the only viable 3's we have. The need we have for a starting 2 is so transparant however BC has stuck his head in the sand with the othe GM's and blacklisted a Legend. The sheep around here will only regergitate the mass media and we know where they stand.

2Black2Strong.

_KB24_
09-01-2009, 06:38 PM

If you actually watched the Pistons last year, instead of just claiming you did, you would know how wrong you are. The only time the Detroit offense had any semblance of working was when Iverson was in at PG. He meshed very well with the big men on that team, often finding Sheed and McDyess for open looks and frequently getting the ball to Maxiell on his way to the hoop.

It's pathetic and a little funny that Toronto fans wouldn't want Iverson. All it shows is that the bias against him in the media continues to blind the average fan. Do I think Toronto would win a title if Iverson went there? Probably not, but they'd be a lot closer than they are now.

Hellz yeah bro. I swear, I can't believe people who says that Iverson cannot help their team and that he is useless. Even as of today, Iverson is still one of the best little men in the game, I'd only put CP3 ahead of him.

AllTheWay
09-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow, would that be the worst defensive lineup ever?

SeoulBeatz
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM

thank you! i was about to put that dude in his place.

what a load of B.S.

all ive heard from actual Detroit fans was that A.I played well when he was in, but no one wants to hear that. everywhere i go i feel the need to defend A.I because he constantly gets a bad rep for NOTHING.

dude isnt michael vick.

The Real A.I!!!!---

on the court.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4569385/12234685

the AMAZING person he is off the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZykFbXQOYro

how philly really feels about A.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

No one wanted him to leave. when A.I left everyone stopped caring about basketball in philly, there's a reason for that. people just love to hate the guy but he keeps coming back.

Shahrose
09-01-2009, 07:06 PM

lmao

ManRam
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Quit your crying. All the raptor hate on here is just sad and pethedic now.

Pathedic??

Is it not true that the Raptors are already contenders in the eyes of most posters here?? It's the truth. They've been voted in the ECF on the polls here...which mean nothing in real life, but show that people have high expectations for them.

Iverson wouldn't help the Raptors. If they have one thing going for them, it's depth. They don't need another guard who loves to not play defense.

SA5195
09-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Wont work cause BC wants Marco Beillineli to help and be a candidate for 6th man of the year, and I think DD wont learn much from Iverson. Plus BC was asked if he was interested in Iverson, and he said "No thank you". God I had to say that like 10 times in our forum lol.

DetroitRipCity
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM

He was the Horrible situation. Your right your not a team like Detroit your no where near as good

ModusOperandi
09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Pathedic??

Is it not true that the Raptors are already contenders in the eyes of most posters here?? It's the truth. They've been voted in the ECF on the polls here...which mean nothing in real life, but show that people have high expectations for them.

Iverson wouldn't help the Raptors. If they have one thing going for them, it's depth. They don't need another guard who loves to not play defense.

Its "pathetic".

And.. well, I'd consider A.I; short contract though.

fairandbalanced
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM

Lineup:

Place Bill Clinton on Monica lewinsky.......Dancing with the stars title contender??:facepalm:

JLynn943
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
He was the Horrible situation. Your right your not a team like Detroit your no where near as good

ha, you wish.

just watch, this season Detroit will continue to fall back. You don't see the team for what's wrong with it since you're a fan of the team. So it's easy to blame the problems on the newcomer. The problems are much deeper than one player though.

When players who are playing well and actually beating the other team are taken out just so players that Dumars wants to play are playing, and then the team loses games because of it, there is a problem. Hopefully the new coach will actually play to win, not play to appease Dumars.

Also, in the midst of everyone's obsessing over Iverson, two absolutely terrible seasons were missed. Tayshaun Prince was awful last year. No way around it. It was as if he quit on his team the moment Billups left to spite them. And then the player who actually was supposed to replace Billups, Rodney Stuckey, played horribly and showed almost no progress over the course of the year. If Dumars is truly that enamored with Stuckey, he should move him to SG and trade Rip/Prince while they still have high value.

Toronto, while I do feel is overrated, are certainly in a better position than Detroit. It's just that with Iverson in Toronto, the team would have the worst D in the league.

ink
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Few Questions:

How many balls do Iverson, Bosh, Bargnani, Turk and Jose and the bench get to play with?
Who is going to defend.... well... any of their positions?
How would addition of Iverson affect the development of young players (Bellinelli, DeRozan)?
How will attitudes mesh?

Quoted For Truth.

People just want to add in stat totals and proclaim a contender. It doesn't work that way.

DetroitRipCity
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
ha, you wish.

just watch, this season Detroit will continue to fall back. You don't see the team for what's wrong with it since you're a fan of the team. So it's easy to blame the problems on the newcomer. The problems are much deeper than one player though.

When players who are playing well and actually beating the other team are taken out just so players that Dumars wants to play are playing, and then the team loses games because of it, there is a problem. Hopefully the new coach will actually play to win, not play to appease Dumars.

Also, in the midst of everyone's obsessing over Iverson, two absolutely terrible seasons were missed. Tayshaun Prince was awful last year. No way around it. It was as if he quit on his team the moment Billups left to spite them. And then the player who actually was supposed to replace Billups, Rodney Stuckey, played horribly and showed almost no progress over the course of the year. If Dumars is truly that enamored with Stuckey, he should move him to SG and trade Rip/Prince while they still have high value.

Toronto, while I do feel is overrated, are certainly in a better position than Detroit. It's just that with Iverson in Toronto, the team would have the worst D in the league.

Tayshaun Prince sucked last year because he was tired hes only missed 2 games in his entire career ECF every year except last and hes played in teh olympics... Most Improved player is going to be Tayshaun Prince this year hese had a whole summer to rest

MrFastBreak
09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
They would be a playoff contender for sure with a first round exit.

Yes, exactly. :clap:

Mave1002
09-01-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah its possible. the eastern bracket is weak. not too much competition.

andybauer91
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM
You have no clue about basketball except the fact that you only know the big names stars like iverson. NBA teams are only allowed to have 15 players and you have named 17. LOL :clap:

thats not very niceee

jeez the guy made a mistake

im sure uve had ur share

floridian321
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Not a chance!

Anthony Flores
09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah this is pretty much PSD Toronto... They may as well have won the championship by now. Iverson makes them slightly better IMO. Eastern Confrence Playoff contenders...