PDA

View Full Version : won't be seeing new faces in september

Gibby
09-01-2009, 03:46 AM
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090830&content_id=6696162&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

The Blue Jays will be calling on players with Major League experience to help out down the stretch, rather than untested prospects such as catcher J.P. Arencibia.

this means no JPA and probably no Dopirak either. I atleast want to see buck coats again.

StealingSigns
09-01-2009, 05:31 AM
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090830&content_id=6696162&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

this means no JPA and probably no Dopirak either. I atleast want to see buck coats again.

Good, because we don't need those damned prospects in need of Major League experience getting in the way during our drive for the post season! :rolleyes:

Wtf are the Jays thinking?

nstojic
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM
well here's my take...next to none of our 'top' prospects, who aren't already up, have done much.. no point in bringing them(jpa, etc)... therefore, before you go into the offseason and prepare to either spend FA cash or cut payroll, you take one last look at the ruiz-type guys.. just to see close up what's 'really there'...... i think dopirak will be here... he's dominated every opportunity given to him over these last two seasons... but JPA has done NOTHING to force our hand, this season.. the way Snider did last season... so basically, what the jays are saying is that 'hey, anyone who's really caught our eye this season is already here or was forced up here due to injury'... i have no problem with this gameplan... :D

heusy_79
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm pretty sure we were told Snider wouldn't be up as a September call-up last year too, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this until we know for sure who is being called up.

bartron_44
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Who is down there to see? We have Ruiz up already who was their best hitter this year, and we have already called up about every pitching prospect in the organization anywhere near ready.... I say let Ruiz and Snider play to see if either one can handle major league pitching, they both have plenty of pop to add to our lineup...Barajas is making a case to get resigned too. If JPA is no where near ready, I see nothing wrong with staying with Barajas and Ruiz behind the plate, and I really hope we resign Scutaro to a reasonable contract. Then if We can get a #2 starter,a better 3B than EE and proven closer to anchor an already strong bullpen.

If the Jays can do those 5 things, I think we have a great shot next year...

Halladay
Free Agent/trade pickup
Romero
Marcum
Richmond

Free Agent/trade closer
Downs
League
Zipper
Tallet
Frasor
Roenicke
Wolfe

Our lineup is good, but imagine if we could bring in Figgins, and a proven slugger to protect Lind..... our lineup would just be that much better.....

3B-Figgins - He is second in steals in the AL only to Carl Crawford in the couple yrs
SS-Scutaro - likes to take alot of pitches so Figgy can run, and gets on base himself...
2B-Hill - Imagine how many RBI's he'd have hitting 3rd...
LF-Lind -Pure hitter, and has shown he can hit lefties and righties
1B-FA/trade pickup
CF-Wells
DH-Ruiz
C-Barajas
RF-Snider

If we trade Overbay and EE's contract's with some of our young pitchers like Cecil, Litsche, Carlson,Accardo, ray etc....... I think all 5 things can be done..

dman_39
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
J.P lies all the time so you never know. you might as well try Dopirak etc.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Who is down there to see? We have Ruiz up already who was their best hitter this year, and we have already called up about every pitching prospect in the organization anywhere near ready.... I say let Ruiz and Snider play to see if either one can handle major league pitching, they both have plenty of pop to add to our lineup...Barajas is making a case to get resigned too. If JPA is no where near ready, I see nothing wrong with staying with Barajas and Ruiz behind the plate, and I really hope we resign Scutaro to a reasonable contract. Then if We can get a #2 starter,a better 3B than EE and proven closer to anchor an already strong bullpen.

Halladay
Free Agent/trade pickup
Romero
Marcum
Richmond

Free Agent/trade closer
Downs
League
Zipper
Tallet
Frasor
Roenicke
Wolfe

Our lineup is good, but imagine if we could bring in Figgins, and a proven slugger to protect Lind..... our lineup would just be that much better.....

3B-Figgins - He is second in steals in the AL only to Carl Crawford in the couple yrs
SS-Scutaro - likes to take alot of pitches so Figgy can run, and gets on base himself...
1B-FA/trade pickup
CF-Wells
DH-Ruiz
C-Barajas
RF-Snider

If we trade Overbay and EE's contract's with some of our young pitchers like Cecil, Litsche, Carlson,Accardo, ray etc....... I think all 5 things can be done..

you couldnt have said it any better my friend someone like harden or lackey along with figgens and a big bat and were contenders right away....But our bullpen we have more options we have jannsen hayhurst i dont think were in desperate need of a closer because our bullpens going to be amazing next year..

dman_39
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Do you guys think they will make runs at Figgins? Scutaro? Barajas? Lackey? Harden? I can't see it, I really hope so but I can't see it. But stranger things have happened.

marcre
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you guys think they will make runs at Figgins? Scutaro? Barajas? Lackey? Harden? I can't see it, I really hope so but I can't see it. But stranger things have happened.

I have no hope that they will make runs at anyone that isn't already on the team. With the season Scutaro is having it will be tough to bring him back too.

FlakeyFool
09-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Halladay
Free Agent/trade pickup
Romero
Marcum
Richmond

Free Agent/trade closer
Downs
League
Zipper
Tallet
Frasor
Roenicke
Wolfe

1B-FA/trade pickup
CF-Wells
DH-Ruiz
C-Barajas
RF-Snider

ruiz as our DH? :puke:

Gibby
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
ok the three players called are inglett, wolfe, and hayhurst. i am suprised still no Accardo.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090901&content_id=6730302&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

jaysfan55
09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
they will call Purcey and another starter..They are shelving Zep and Cecil due to innings...so they need to starters to fill in... they may call up coats just because he has major leauge experience..not alot but some... I can see Inglett coming back again for like the 5th time this year... I can also see someone like Beam coming up to help the bull pen. The jays need what they can get in order to finish at .500..............

dman_39
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
What do they have against Accardo? is he a cancer?

Eagles4Lyfe
09-01-2009, 06:06 PM
its something about gaston not liking accardo or something..I remember watching one of the games and the commentators saying that..Accardo should be a shoe in next year tho hes good

marcre
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
What do they have against Accardo? is he a cancer?

I'm not sure, but the team acts like they hate the guy.

StealingSigns
09-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Aye, to say Cito dislikes Accardo is putting it mildly. How else do you explain it?

Halladay
09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Accardo will be traded. He made it clear this year that if the Jays won't give him a chance, he wants to be moved. The guy is a major league arm, there's no reason why he's been in the minors.

H-MYK
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I think the Jays should give new players a chance. It wouldn't hurt the team since the season turned into a bit of a disaster.