PDA

View Full Version : Are T-Mac, Vince Carter and Grant Hill HOF's?

mavs_raps90
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Right now there's players who are some of the best of all time, 110% HOF for sure

Shaq, Kobe, AI, KG, Duncan, Kidd

Other guys that will get in are

Dirk, Nash, Pierce, Allen, Lebron(may be a bit 2 early for him)

And than there's guys on the bubble, Are these players worthy of being in the hall of fame in your eyes?

Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Grant Hill

Tracy and Hill have been hurt by injuries and neither has made it past the first round in the playoffs but in their primes were great players

Vince has made it past the first but never really won anything but has been a consistent go-to-guy his whole career, hes had a little bit of injury trouble early in toronto but has been healthy the past 5 years

Im on the fence and if i had to pick one i'd say Carter has the best chance just because i didn't really get to see much if any of hill in his prime besides youtube because im a little 2 young, the best season of him i really saw was 04-05

what do you guys think? who out of these guys are HOF's?

Mavrix
08-31-2009, 10:21 PM
None of them IMO.

clutchski
08-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I'd say VC has the best shot.

JordansBulls
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Grant Hill is for sure.

knickerbockerny
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Grant Hill has a fighting chance, because the HOF is a basketball HOF and not strictly for NBA players. You have to consider the fact that Grant Hill was a transcendant college basketball player and had a good 5 years of all world NBA play.

Ebbs
08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
I think people for get T-Macs legacy yeah he hasnt accomplished much but he was consdered among the best for awhile so I think T-Mac

tcav701
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
How do bubble players get in??? RINGS.

None of these guys have one so i dont think theyll be gettin in unless they have 3 or 4 more HUGE seasons or their team wins a championship.

IversonIsKrazy
08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
I nvr knew Hill nvr made it past the first round!! i cant believe that. Man, he honestly should've signed with another team this season instead of SUns. IMO, VC deserves to be in the HOF perhaps, he was a very good player, hes on the fence, but hes gotta be the best dunker of all-time, so i gotta put him in there. Plus, T-mac has nvr gotten past the first round, i mean thas just flat out sad, he doesnt deserve to be in the HOF.

dgreat5000
08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
LOL how does VC have so many votes?? HE's never led the league in any stat category nor has he won anything.. None of these players get in IMO, T-mac has the best shot because he has #'s

blastmasta26
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Vince has the best shot. T-Mac has better numbers, but Vince has a chance at a ring, which will get him in the HOF if he wins it all in Orlando. Then again, if T-Mac signs onto a contender next offseason, that will change things.

Shady66
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Grant hill would have been a HOF, but because of the ankle injurys, it may not happen. I still think he should, (see his detroit years) he was basically lebron before lebron. Vince Carter is hard as well, hes always been a great player, but the way he left Toronto could hurt his chance to get in the HOF. Tmac is not.

MajorFloridaFan
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
they are all magic players....grant would have been a lock if it wasnt for his injuries

MilwaukeeBAller
08-31-2009, 11:44 PM
wow, Im the only person that says T-Mac and Hill.

MajorFloridaFan
08-31-2009, 11:44 PM
t-mac hasnt gotten a team past the first round thats why

PrettyBoyJ
08-31-2009, 11:50 PM
VC will make it.. He's been consistent and 7 or 8 all star appearance.. Grant Hill would have been bus his injuries set him back.. Tmac if he can come back from his injury and dominate again he will be in for sure

MajorFloridaFan
08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
i say go vince...he is the only 1 witht he potential to wina championship

Shady66
09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Does nobody remember how good Grant Hill was when he was at Duke? Or his first 3 years in the NBA. Even now, at 36, still one of the quicker small forwards in the league.

MajorFloridaFan
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM
i do bet 1 of 3 will get in

MGB
09-01-2009, 12:20 AM
VC or none of them... I guess I wasn't thinking about Grant Hill's college time, but if that's in, I guess I'd include him too. VC was one of the best in his era for a long time and went deep into the playoffs a couple of times with the Nets, so I think he's got a pretty solid resume to get him in.

MGB
09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Grant hill would have been a HOF, but because of the ankle injurys, it may not happen. I still think he should, (see his detroit years) he was basically lebron before lebron. Vince Carter is hard as well, hes always been a great player, but the way he left Toronto could hurt his chance to get in the HOF. Tmac is not.

I kinda doubt that has any bearing on him... Outside Toronto fans (esp people on this site) nobody seems to even really care much about that when discussing VC.

Bruno
09-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Vince might be because of his opportunity to win with Orlando; right now none of them are.

Gibby
09-01-2009, 12:28 AM
i say grant hill for his early years with Detroit and vince carter.

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
for sure vince carter, he one of the greatest dunkers of all time atm too. plus hes an amazing player with tons of leadershop and talent, leading teams. making game winining shots, hes done it all, and at a consistant basis, hes definatly in there

Tmac, a amazing scoring player and elite player perhaps he'll be tehre too, im very sure he will be soon.

and grant hill, yes for sure. He was the only rookie to be in the all star game in nba history, he had amazing game, only now.. i dont think so.

my best bet is two of the 3 will be in the hall of fame.

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Vince might be because of his opportunity to win with Orlando; right now none of them are.

Nah, vince doesnt need to win in orlando to make him a hall of famer. He was already at that fame before this trade. dont count on winning a championship to make you a hall of fame player.

KeithLBC
09-01-2009, 12:54 AM
none of the above

phoenix_bladen
09-01-2009, 12:55 AM
if vince carter wins a ring and performs very well in the finals

he will be a HOF

Tommyh1331
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Only VC, if he's lucky...he needs a title to assure it

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 01:30 AM
why are you guys so insecure about winning championships to assure being in the hall of fame. Charles barkly never won a championship, did everything he could to win a championship, but didnt... so does that mean he shouldnt had been in the hall of fame? absolutly not! barkly is one of the greatest of all time and a current hall of fame player. yu dont need to win a championship to assure being a HOF player.

JaysFan87
09-01-2009, 01:35 AM
no, hell no, and maybe

Bruno
09-01-2009, 01:36 AM
why are you guys so insecure about winning championships to assure being in the hall of fame. Charles barkly never won a championship, did everything he could to win a championship, but didnt... so does that mean he shouldnt had been in the hall of fame? absolutly not! barkly is one of the greatest of all time and a current hall of fame player. yu dont need to win a championship to assure being a HOF player.

You're right, but Charles also won league MVP and had one finals appearance. Winning a ring isn't mandatory, but other accomplishments such as MVP help your case. I'd say the difference between Vince and Charles is that Charles won an MVP and had a finals appearance. Vince has never came close to winning MVP, and has never gotten out of the second round.

King P
09-01-2009, 01:38 AM
VC has the best shot out of all 3. They all have a chance of getting in.

People seem to forget that back in the early 2000's there was a 4-way tie for the best guard in the NBA

1) AI
2) T-Mac
3) Kobe
4) VC

I know it seems laughable now, but it back then it really was like that.

VC still shows flashes of his former self at times. He's not washed up, but he's not the player he once was. But he still plays some-what consistent, and unlike T-Mac & Grant Hill, he actually showed up and played hard, despite all of the injuries he sustained. Besides there are people that are in the HOF with numbers lower than VC's. I think he should get in, the other 2 are a toss up.

Westbrook36
09-01-2009, 01:41 AM
LOL how does VC have so many votes?? HE's never led the league in any stat category nor has he won anything.. None of these players get in IMO, T-mac has the best shot because he has #'s

You don't have to lead the league in something to make the HOF. He's only averaged under 20 PPG two times in his whole playing career (Once when he was a rookie and another was when he played 20 games for the Raptors and then went to the Nets). He won the NBA rookie of the year award and he's been a 8 time all star. He's never won anything with his team because the Raptors never had anything around him.

Vince Carter will be a HOFer.

Westbrook36
09-01-2009, 01:46 AM
You're right, but Charles also won league MVP and had one finals appearance. Winning a ring isn't mandatory, but other accomplishments such as MVP help your case. I'd say the difference between Vince and Charles is that Charles won an MVP and had a finals appearance. Vince has never came close to winning MVP, and has never gotten out of the second round.

We'll the Raptors never brough some real talent around Vince. With the Nets he got his real chance to get his playoff ring but it never happened. Vince Carter has always been a really consistent player and thats something that has to be looked at.

bogdanrom
09-01-2009, 02:05 AM
The way the things are right now, I say only Grant Hill gets in. Of course titles will change everything. Grant Hill could have easily been one of the greatest players to play the game. Damn those injuries.

justin_6
09-01-2009, 02:17 AM
vince carter one of the best dunker in the nba of course
and isnt he on the greatest 50 players

Shady66
09-01-2009, 02:25 AM
^ dude just cuz ur flashy doesnt mean u make the HOF.

but he should, for OTHER reasons

rawz
09-01-2009, 02:40 AM

the dunk contest...

_KB24_
09-01-2009, 03:06 AM
VC for sure. The Greatest Dunker of All Time....it would be a shame not to have him. T-mac and Hill don't deserve to be. They never could have a successful playoff haul. I would vote D-Fish in anyday before these second-round virgins.

heatbb
09-01-2009, 05:00 AM
imo none of the above. But Grant Hill is terrific when his healthy even at his current age.
I wouldn't put VC in the HOF though he is the best dunker in NBA history but he hasn't won a thing. T-Mac...well the way things have been going last few years I don't think he has a chance.

favre_4life
09-01-2009, 08:09 AM
What have any of those guys done? Nothing. So no.

ya_boi
09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Well since we all know that hall of fame careers are based on numbers. You have to look on their career stats and accomplishments.

G Hill 18.5 pts 4.7 ast 1.4 stl 6.6 rebs
TMac 22.1 pts 4.7 ast 1.3 stl 6.1 rebs
VC 23.5 pts 4.3 ast 1.2 stl 5.5 rebs

Now according to the numbers they are hall worthy but I think those injured years leave Grant on the bubble numbers are there but might not be enough.

Ace33Bone
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Grant Hill is a definite and i think VC almost may be able to make it as well

rabzouz 96
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
all three of em should be in there, vc and t-mac in every case.

Tmac,lt,berkman
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
tmac after yao comes back in the second half and they get they rings

MackSnackWrap
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Only Vince Carter and Maybe Grant Hill

ManRam
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I said Vince. Grant was better than the other two in his prime...too bad injuries compnletely destroyed his career. T-Mac's injuries, and lack of winning probably kill his chances too.

Sure, Vince hasn't won anything...but a ton of guys in the Hall haven't won anything. That's not a prerequisite. He was an icon. Arguably the best dunker ever. In his prime, he was probably the most talked about player in the league, maybe behind AI and Shaq...even while stuck in Toronto. His stats are good enough too IMO.

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM

yeah we would had made it to the confrance finals, if he didnt go to graduation, all 76ers fans know that, or should know/ remember that. and missing that game winning shot.. argh.. i miss vc. but vc doesnt miss t.o .

Vince Has been a consisntant Scorer through his time in the nba, and yes he has been close to top scorer, there was a time he was even better than kobe. how can yu say he was never close?

td0tsfinest
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
VC's DUnk over the french guy automatically puts him in the HOF

Kobe2324
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
None of these players will make it into the hall of fame.Vince has the best chance now that he is with a contender but my money is on these 3 not making it.

Giaps
09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I think Vince DEFINITELY is. He's been consistently good his entire career. The other 2 are debatable and unfortunately their injuries might keep them out of the HOF.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
T-Mac has the least chance but I think he might do it.

theuuord
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
All three of them deserve it for different reasons. It's likely that not all three will make it, though.

king4day
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I just compare these players to guys like MJ and Kobe.
They don't come remotely close. Hill would have if he stayed healthy in his career.
No to all three.
And some of the middle group you have are questionable as well. Nash, Allen, and Dirk aren't shoe'in by any means.

theuuord
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I just compare these players to guys like MJ and Kobe.
They don't come remotely close. Hill would have if he stayed healthy in his career.
No to all three.
And some of the middle group you have are questionable as well. Nash, Allen, and Dirk aren't shoe'in by any means.

If MJ was the standard for the Hall of Fame then there would only be one member of the Hall of Fame.

blystr2002
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
TMAC is definitely not making it. He only had a couple of yrs of being a top player. While hill was the savior of the league after Jordan retired ( so they built him up to be) he got hurt to soon in career and as only been able to come back as a solid role player. Carter has the best chance, but with all the other players that are locks from the past 15 years I don't know if there is room for him.

IBleedPurple
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
None of them. They haven't been close to the best at their position, nor put up the stats to justify a HOF career.

Shady66
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
^ Dude if u looked at Grant hills stats his first 3 years, they were superb, 22 ppg 6 assists and 8 rpg.
Those are HOF stats, if it wasnt for injurys, he would have probably averaged that until a few years ago. He will make the HOF

Lakersfan2483
09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Hill will most likely get in due to his great college career. Vince definitely has the numbers to make it and will most likely get in. No, T-Mac is not a hall of famer, he has hall of fame talent, but doesn't have the accomplishments, stats, etc... to make it.

Lakers211221
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
I put none of the above, but I think Vince Carter is on the bubble and could possibly get in, but I don't believe that the other 2 should get in period!

Lakers211221
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
^ Dude if u looked at Grant hills stats his first 3 years, they were superb, 22 ppg 6 assists and 8 rpg.
Those are HOF stats, if it wasnt for injurys, he would have probably averaged that until a few years ago. He will make the HOF

"If"..."probably"...shoulda, woulda, coulda...but, isn't a HOF caliber player because his injuries limited his career and you can't but someone in the Hall based on what they may have done if injuries didn't set them back!

winday5
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Grant Hill is a hall-of-famer for sure. Vince Carter, yes but only because he was rookie of the year when he came in. He did some things for his franchise in Toronto, but he never led them to at least a conference title. In New Jersey, he's had Kidd and Richardson to help himm and with them, they didn't go as far as when they had K.Martin. So, he is iffy. Tracy McGrady? No. He just scored a lot of points on bad teams that never went anywhere when he was the lone star. He has a whole lot of highlights but thats it.

Icebox922
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
GRANT HILL .. At his prime can be arguably the best SMALL FORWARD that ever played the game.. his injuries killed this title but either way .. You can think of all the small forward that ever played this game and compare it to GRANT HILL at full strenght .. GRANT HILL WILL DEFINITELY SCHOOL ALL OF THEM..

Bruno
09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
yeah we would had made it to the confrance finals, if he didnt go to graduation, all 76ers fans know that, or should know/ remember that. and missing that game winning shot.. argh.. i miss vc. but vc doesnt miss t.o .

Vince Has been a consisntant Scorer through his time in the nba, and yes he has been close to top scorer, there was a time he was even better than kobe. how can yu say he was never close?

I said he was never closer to winning a MVP. I never said he wasn't close to being a top scorer.

PJAF
09-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Not even close.

tland22
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
TMAC is sure-fire according to basketball reference.com

AK23
09-01-2009, 11:55 PM
T-mac and vince

MrFastBreak
09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
VC is the only one who has a chance to make it.

effen5
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Right now there's players who are some of the best of all time, 110% HOF for sure

Shaq, Kobe, AI, KG, Duncan, Kidd

Other guys that will get in are

Dirk, Nash, Pierce, Allen, Lebron(may be a bit 2 early for him)

And than there's guys on the bubble, Are these players worthy of being in the hall of fame in your eyes?

Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Grant Hill

Could you imagine hill if he never got hurt?
Tracy and Hill have been hurt by injuries and neither has made it past the first round in the playoffs but in their primes were great players

Vince has made it past the first but never really won anything but has been a consistent go-to-guy his whole career, hes had a little bit of injury trouble early in toronto but has been healthy the past 5 years

Im on the fence and if i had to pick one i'd say Carter has the best chance just because i didn't really get to see much if any of hill in his prime besides youtube because im a little 2 young, the best season of him i really saw was 04-05

what do you guys think? who out of these guys are HOF's?

I agree with the first 5, no doubt hall of famers

As for Dirk, Nash, Pierce, Allen, Lebron, I think only Nash, Pierce and Allen will get in, Lebron's wayyyyy to early.

As for Tmac, Vince, and Hill, Hill is definetly the only guy on that list to get in.

zambo4president
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Grant Hill has the best shot out of any.

King P
09-04-2009, 06:27 PM
No disrespect, but if Joe Dumars and Adrian Dantley made the HOF, then VC & T-Mac (who are far more superior than those 2 IMO) should be able to make it.

And can we please stop all this championship talk. What does that have to do with what he did as an individual? Your team doesn't go into the HOF. Players don't go into the HOF because of what their teams did, they go in because of what they did. It's all about individual stats. Sure having champions chips helps but I am pretty sure not making it out of the first round is not that big of a deal. Either you win the chip or you don't, it doesn't matter if you lose in the first round or in the finals. When they put together a players resume it doesn't say how many times they went to the playoffs and what round they lost in.

lorenz00
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
vince carter and grant hill.. these two player at there prime were scary..