PDA

View Full Version : BC's "Surprise Tha Guys" players!!!

GameBreaker
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Just got this off the Raptors homepage....pretty interesting....ya'll thoughts?

Who Will Surprise?...
August 31, 2009 - 4:03 p.m.

Bryan Colangelo had plenty of surprises last season.

Now he is ready for some good ones.

From the hamstring injury that ruined Jose Calderon’s season to the firing of coach Sam Mitchell, bad news dominated the headlines. The year ended with the club winning just 33 of 82 games.

Colangelo, at the Raptors NBA TV studios on Lakeshore Avenue to give an insider’s view of the upcoming season, said this time around he expects the surprises to be the good kind. The Raptors return just three of the 15 players who started last season, Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani and Calderon, added coveted free agent Hedo Turkoglu and drafted USC swingman DeMar DeRozan ninth overall.

But when asked what player he most expected to surprise, Colangelo pointed to Marco Belinelli, acquired in the off-season from Golden State for Devean George and cash.

“He could be a guy who surprises people if you look at what he was capable of doing in a lot of important situations last year in Golden State,” Colangelo said.

The six-foot-five guard averaged 8.9 points a game last season. Only 23, Belinelli is a smooth shooter with athleticism and imagination around the basket.

“I’m surprised he didn’t get more opportunity to play because I have seen him produce in some pretty important situations around Europe,” Colangelo said. “The guy is a really, really good basketball player. From looking at his stats last year to what he is going to do for us, he could really be one of those people who is looked on as a most improved player."

Colangelo’s second pick to surprise is, well, a surprise.

“This is the forgotten piece, I never hear his name mentioned in any story. People say we need a wing player, but Antoine Wright is a guy that if he brings the right approach to the team, can really contribute.”

Read the rest of the article on Ulmer's Blog (http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/ulmer.html)

SA5195
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for posting. Lol BC really likes Marco, if he can help the team then good! And gotta admit DD is pretty lucky to be playing with a couple of veterans.

GameBreaker
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks, SA5195. Yeah, he really does seem to be high on him. I like the nod at Antoine Wright, as well. Judging by his highlights, he really looks like he'll be aight with us. Overall, I really really like what BC has done. That's why I call him Bryan "Big Moves" Dough-angelo...he made some of us feel good, again, with our team.

ink
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
We need a link. No link, no thread.

We have to crack down on this. Several news organizations are starting to pursue online copyright violators very aggressively.

FlakeyFool
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/ulmer.html

is the link

I agree with the derozan part

I hope belinelli has a breakout season.

GameBreaker
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
My bad, didn't know about that. I usually do, but this time I forgot. Thanks for the heads up.

smith&wesson
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
wouldnt it be nice if we had Wright's D with Belleneli's offence in one player ?

hmmm maybe derozen will turn out to be that player.
:shrug:

La11
08-31-2009, 11:16 PM
I said it before that belinelli will have a breakout season this season with the raptors and his a big sleeper. I love how BC thinks. W/O BC i dont think will have a franchise anymore. Imagine if we had BC as a GM when we had VC and had a chance of drafting iggy.

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 01:12 AM
yeah bc wouldnt let carter ever slide to the position where he was fed up of being to. it would. DAMMIT why couldnt we have BC while carter was here.. we could had been so much better.

swoop
09-01-2009, 06:27 AM
And watch Wince roll around the floor everytime he stubbed his toe ? Ugh.

td0tsfinest
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
favourite part of the article

“What better way to be mentored than by a professional like Chris Bosh or a professional like Jarrett Jack and a player who is unselfish like Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu who makes other players on the floor better.

Bob_at_york
09-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I said it before that belinelli will have a breakout season this season with the raptors and his a big sleeper. I love how BC thinks. W/O BC i dont think will have a franchise anymore. Imagine if we had BC as a GM when we had VC and had a chance of drafting iggy.

BC would have traded that pick. Actually now that I have said that, I think BC did trade the Iggy pick didn't he?

FlakeyFool
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM
BC would have traded that pick. Actually now that I have said that, I think BC did trade the Iggy pick didn't he?

iggy = igudala? :confused:

then no cause we drafted araujo over igudala

Bob_at_york
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
iggy = igudala? :confused:

then no cause we drafted araujo over igudala

I know we drafted Hoffa over Iggy but we are talking about what BC would have done if he was here. I am saying he would have traded the pick. He actually traded the pick just before ours (ended up being Luol Deng).