PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says Bosh is most likely gone

smoochie36
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Most star players don't leave, so the fact that only 5.8 percent of our panelists expect Bosh to stay in Toronto is telling, in one of two ways: Either our collective wisdom is seriously off-kilter, or we are correctly reading Bosh's signals that he's outta there.

Raptors fans had to be heartened by the enthusiasm Bosh showed when Toronto honcho Bryan Colangelo made his big moves this summer, particularly the acquisition of Hedo Turkoglu, and hopes are high for the kind of Orlando-like success that could convince Bosh that his fortunes lie in Toronto. And speaking of fortunes, let's not forget that the Raptors can offer Bosh much more than other teams can.

That said, reports from behind the scenes have led many to believe that Bosh wants to leave and, in particular, that he wants to join up with James if possible. And Bosh's public stance hasn't inspired much confidence in his desire to wear Raptors red beyond this coming season, either, as he has expressed little passion about staying and has eschewed any attempts to get his autograph on a contract extension.

This much we know: A lot can happen between now and next summer to influence Bosh and the rest of the potential 2010 free agents. But our best guess right now is that Bosh is heading south. Sorry, Canada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-BoshFuture

katman
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah and it also says the Knicks are at the top of the list...ESPN lost credibility right there LOL

swoop
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I recall ESPN saying there was no chance VC would stay in T.O. a year before he re-signed. There is nothing substantive in the report, only conjecture. The exact same poll results could have been found last year. The same reasoning could apply to any of next year's FA's, but the ignorance of all things Toronto remain. I would be very interested in who the experts were that said he'll stay. The thing is, with this type of "reporting", we'll never see the ' ESPN Off-Kilter ' headline.

dtmagnet
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
They don't know any more than us, they can only write what they think will most likely happen and to me it's entirely opinion.

demarderozanfan
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
yo, what the hell are they furtain tellers, u dont know what hes gonna do, signs right now point to him staying in toronto, because hes in toronto, and happy. i lost respect for ESPN because this bosh leaving thing is still going on. bosh says hes happy, in toronto, and wants to be here. bosh is gonna be mad about this, he wants this oo im playing with leborn in 010 thing to stop, for all we know lebron could be coming here.

mjt20mik
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
It doesn't matter to me. If Bosh wants to leave, let him tell us now so we can trade him. Seriously, I don't want our team to have a player that eventually doesn't want to be here. I'd rather get players that want to be here and commit to the system we run here.

That is just what I feel.

djsunyc
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
any free agent that signs with ny will have nothing to do with their roster. it will have 100% to do with the city and potential $$$'s and fame associated with it. it's a challenge and not everyone will want to take it.

if bosh's chooses to do so, then good for him and thanks for the memories. the raptors franchise will not become defunct b/c another american free agent decides to leave canada.

we will continue to motor on. considering we have one of the best gm's in the biz (if not the best), i am not worried in the slightest...we will be fine with or without bosh...

B2B
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
yo, what the hell are they furtain tellers, u dont know what hes gonna do, signs right now point to him staying in toronto, because hes in toronto, and happy. i lost respect for ESPN because this bosh leaving thing is still going on. bosh says hes happy, in toronto, and wants to be here. bosh is gonna be mad about this, he wants this oo im playing with leborn in 010 thing to stop, for all we know lebron could be coming here.

Saying the right things is PR (public relations) & something he & BC disscused. If they arranged talks for a S&T, Bosh won't tamper with negativity in the public's eye's so he will get destination & max money.

That said it doesn't mean it's inevitable like ESPN suggest

On a personal note
If he stays, great

if he wants out (Cap space, a rookie contract & 2010 lottery pick) & i don't care. I will pack his bags personally.

with the cap space we can target a good player in the 2010 free agent pool which is rich with players

A good young player & a lottery pick in a deep draft for depth.

Amare ?
Bargnani
Hedo
DeRozan
Calderon

Raps 2010 pick back from Miami if we do poorly
2010 pick from trade

young rookie

= Raps increase depth & talent level. & depending on the free agent save flexibilty from a 20mil contract from whom can possibly be a 2nd teir player

B2B
08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
any free agent that signs with ny will have nothing to do with their roster. it will have 100% to do with the city and potential $$$'s and fame associated with it. it's a challenge and not everyone will want to take it.

if bosh's chooses to do so, then good for him and thanks for the memories. the raptors franchise will not become defunct b/c another american free agent decides to leave canada.

we will continue to motor on. considering we have one of the best gm's in the biz (if not the best), i am not worried in the slightest...we will be fine with or without bosh...

NY only has space for 1 max contract the Cap drop has significantly affected them.

I think it's NJ we have to worry about although Miami can afford 2 max contracts aswell.

Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
Lee
Harris

SA5195
08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Who cares lol, its just some old people voting, btw who would wanna go to the Knicks? plus they already have Jordan Hill, who plays alot like Bosh (kinda) and even has the same hair! lol.

kidfury
08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
two choices either bosh stays or he goes, 50/50 chance espn is right so unless they got some inside information/sources they're only guessing like we are (unless the source is BC or Bosh). I totatlly agree with B2B about the public relations thing, Bosh will always say the right thing where it concerns his free agency. He'll get his money and his destination whether it's with TO or not we'll see.

djsunyc
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
NY only has space for 1 max contract the Cap drop has significantly affected them.

I think it's NJ we have to worry about although Miami can afford 2 max contracts aswell.

Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
Lee
Harris

i think walsh is going to dump either jeffries or curry this season and will have space for 2 guys.

demarderozanfan
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
i feel that bosh ain't about the fame, as long as hes leading his team to the playoffs, and one day the championship, he will be happy here. he loves the city, and as long as they making good progress to getting better, and that hes the biggest piece to make this team succeed he will stay.

ink
08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
But our best guess right now is that Bosh is heading south. Sorry, Canada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-BoshFuture

... their best guess, published every few weeks for no real reason at all. :shrug:

B2B
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
i think walsh is going to dump either jeffries or curry this season and will have space for 2 guys.

That's what trading Lee is all about in my opinion to package him with either one

but

individuall who want's Jeffries/Curry & to inevitably help the Knicks situation?.

They no longer have a 2010 pick so they r low on sweatners. Gallo/Chandler/Hill. None worth taking on Curry's contract in my opinion.

The reason why I think Lee hasn't been moved is because Knicks haven't been able to package him with either of those contracts

(I mentioned this in another thread how desperate the knicks r to move Jeffies & curry when a poster told me I had to add a pick to get Lee in a S&T. When I think all u have to do to get lee is take on Jeffries.

OshGoshKaBosh
08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
I truly believe Bosh doesn't know if he will stay or go at this point.
Short of knowing where he best fits, $$$ speaks loudly and the Raps are in position to give him more dough and one extra year. I can see him going to the Mavs before the Bulls or even the Knicks...that is, if he leaves.

smith&wesson
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
if we make second round bosh aint going no where.

unless clevland flops with shaq, they really dont need bosh. what they need is a good shooting gaurd.

even if lebron and bosh go to the knicks. they still wont win a title. kobe still has artest, odem, gasol bynam. sorry lebron and bosh isnt better then that.

this is all espn, guessing. stay tuned. they have a guessing article every couple of weeks.. it really means nothing.

Rapthug
08-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Espn also reported Hedo signing with Portland.

Most of their reporters know little to nothing about the Raptors or Chris Bosh. This is clearly speculation....ignorant speculation at that.

BC has put the Raps in a position where they will be a good team with or without Bosh.

blah-blah
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
i dont mind if he leaves to be honest becuz we would be getting something like this in return

Toronto Trades
Chris Bosh
Patrick O'Bryant
Marcus Banks
Trade Exception

Golden State Trades
Andris Biedrins
Anthony Randolph
Monta Ellis

Raptors Lineup

Biedrins/Nesterovic
Bargnani/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/Randolph/Weems
Ellis/Derozan/Belinelli
Calderon/Jack/Douby

:drool: :jumpy:

(prob wont happen)

Gibby
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I recall ESPN saying there was no chance VC would stay in T.O. a year before he re-signed. There is nothing substantive in the report, only conjecture. The exact same poll results could have been found last year. The same reasoning could apply to any of next year's FA's, but the ignorance of all things Toronto remain. I would be very interested in who the experts were that said he'll stay. The thing is, with this type of "reporting", we'll never see the ' ESPN Off-Kilter ' headline.

i agree 100%.

GameBreaker
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Man, ya'll said it...**** ESPN!!!! It kills me how sooo many people count us out as a good city, PERIOD..how our team sucks so bad, when there's other teams that are worse. When Vince left, what happened there? McGrady bounced around, where is he now? I could go on. Everyone is worried about where CB will be...who cares??? Like I said awhile back, when more than a few younger players went up against Bosh, he was like a deer in headlights. When next off-season rolls in, there will be even MORE players that are fresher and quicker, but most importantly, HUNGRIER dudes that can be added to a roster that can compete with the elites. And the class of '09 BIGS (that are good)will have NBA experience and will take it to Bosh even harder. Bosh will have to worry about knee injuries and ****, where the younger cats won't have to, yet. Point being, ALL the A-fairy-cans can count us out all they want. When we made Atlantic Conference Champs in '07, I'm sure we were counted out that year, too. BC made huge strides, this year. It wasn't rocket science that he made this roster as a cushion if CB leaves. You could even tell by his answers, when asked, that he didn't really care if CB left because a smart GM would be a couple steps ahead of his star player. BC learned from his mistakes, he won't put us in a huge hole again. I'm jus' tired of people not staying the course. If CB leaves after signing a deal with Warner Canada for his personal glorifications (cd release and DVD release), leaves after playing NO defense while here then blaming the organization for their downfalls, leaves after having a big speech in '07 about how far we got in getting conference banner and getting the FANS' hopes high...then I'll personally boo that raptor-looking goof. We can/could/will get someone better if he does, trust that. He's a very good player, no doubt...but not worth the worry. IMO. Ya'll made some great, great points though.

td0tsfinest
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
what else is new?

almost everyone thinks bosh will leave..outside of Canada i think that percentage is almost 100%, even here in Toronto most people believe he will leave; there are only a few that are real optimistic about it.

Nevertheless, this is all opinions, until we hear Bosh say whether he wants to stay or leave, we can add this thread to the many "Bosh will leave" thread that have already been made.

BTW, if your going to take ESPNs opinion to heart than how about their opinion of the raptors not being a top 5 team in the east?

Edit: ESPN thnks we're not even a playoff team

ESPN'S Easter Conference Prediction (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-EastStandings)

GameBreaker
08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I agree wit' ya, TdotsFinest. It's all flatulence until he drops the bomb, himself. Like it was already known, he structured his contract so he can have an option in his last year. We ALL really don't know what he'll do. And THAT is what CB is really loving, right now. He's a huge conversation piece, in every circle in the NBA. Lots of attention. "What's he gonna do?", "Where will he land?" Blah-blah-blah. We'll know, next summer. Keep it movin'.

B2B
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
"That said, reports from behind the scenes have led many to believe that Bosh wants to leave and, in particular, that he wants to join up with James if possible."

It's not all opinions, they claim to have reports that have not met the media.

SA5195
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Whatever, its up to him, theres been atleast a dozen of articles saying "Bosh will be leaving Toronto" But its just other people writing, they don't have the main evidence, which is Chris Bosh's opinion if he wants to stay or not.

FlakeyFool
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
i dont mind if he leaves to be honest becuz we would be getting something like this in return

Toronto Trades
Chris Bosh
Patrick O'Bryant
Marcus Banks
Trade Exception

Golden State Trades
Andris Biedrins
Anthony Randolph
Monta Ellis

Raptors Lineup

Biedrins/Nesterovic
Bargnani/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/Randolph/Weems
Ellis/Derozan/Belinelli
Calderon/Jack/Douby

:drool: :jumpy:

(prob wont happen)

:drool: is right. That lineup is vedddddy nicee

Glenfidish
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
It would be sad to see him go. If we have sucess, that will way heavy on his decision. Also lets not forget, that wade and lebron have not signed either.

secterm
08-31-2009, 09:16 PM
It would be sad to see him go. If we have sucess, that will way heavy on his decision. Also lets not forget, that wade and lebron have not signed either.

Bosh will not resign. I think he will go to New York.

Glenfidish
08-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Bosh will not resign. I think he will go to New York.

What makes you think he is a gonner for sure? From what the media has said? Bosh has remained quite. He is a stand up guy. I personally would not want to lose him. He is way to valuable to our team. I think he has a career year.

argo
08-31-2009, 11:03 PM
more speculation, we've heard all of this bs before

dhalvarez
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM
This is just another bias american article. "Sorry Canada"??

give me a break.

One thing about American media, especially television networks, they don't benefit from having a team outside of the U.S.

Their ratings are solely based on games in the U.S., and are unable to collect viewership ratings from Canada or Canadian viewers.

Ratings is what brings in money. This is the biggest factor when questioning the lack of Raptors coverage in the U.S. That said, U.S. networks are still contractually obligated to pay the Raptors close to 25 million dollars a year, as they do each other NBA team.

So having an all-star, who they could attract viewers, playing for a team outside of the U.S. is not profitable.

Who knows what Bosh will do after next year.

But as far as media in the U.S. they would love nothing more than to have the Blue Jays and Raptors move to the U.S. so that they can start making money from them.

Just a little rant (whether it makes sense or not....)

ESPN will never say anything to good about Canada's teams...and that is why they make the Raptors team as unattractive as possible.

Koodos to Hedo!!

And apparently Bosh got a little tired and stood up for Toronto when some of the media in his home town kept pushing him to admit that he wanted out of T.O.

"It probably took me two or three years, but I went there when I was 19," Bosh told the newspaper of his early years in Toronto. "I was fresh out of college. I was used to roommates and guys knocking on the door, saying where the frat party was."

"But I love Toronto. And Toronto loves me."

And then he went on and gave hints that he's not too interested in playing for Dallas.

My view is that it's just business, and Bosh, knowing that he'll get more money here, is holding off to get his max money deal.

Just like Lebron, who's staying in Cleveland

and Wade who's staying in Miami.

koreancabbage
08-31-2009, 11:41 PM
meh, its a win win situation for us anyways. For him, we made a better team for the future. Without him, we get to save our cash and sign someone less expensive but will impact the team in a positive manner.

we can sign guys like Outlaw (wing depth), Haywood (to fill our center role) and/or Pryzbilla (center) to probably the same amount it would take to sign Bosh. Haywood and Priz should come cheap and everyone would be looking at the main stars.

secterm
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
What makes you think he is a gonner for sure? From what the media has said? Bosh has remained quite. He is a stand up guy. I personally would not want to lose him. He is way to valuable to our team. I think he has a career year.

His destiny should be the second fiddle on a good team. If he is going to be a 1st option on a non-contending team, than why not do to New York where he can make but loads more on endoresements and live in one of the most amazing cities in the world. Property in Manhattan isn't insanely expensive because it's a non-desirable place to live.

Draco
09-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Whatever, its up to him, theres been atleast a dozen of articles saying "Bosh will be leaving Toronto" But its just other people writing, they don't have the main evidence, which is Chris Bosh's opinion if he wants to stay or not.

Or maybe those "reports from behind the scenes" refer to Bosh's off the record opinion. :shrug:

Draco
09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
His destiny should be the second fiddle on a good team. If he is going to be a 1st option on a non-contending team, than why not do to New York where he can make but loads more on endoresements and live in one of the most amazing cities in the world. Property in Manhattan isn't insanely expensive because it's a non-desirable place to live.

Even the folks in the Knicks forum (at least the one's who bothered to research whether athletes on NY sports teams actually do get big money endorsement deals) think endorsements as an incentive is an overblown issue.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10670628&postcount=57

Unless Bosh has a hard on for NYC I think Miami or Chicago are better options.

B2B
09-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Why r people overlooking NJ?

They have the cap space to sign 2 max players
They have a great centre
They have probably the best PG in the East in Harris
They acquired a talented rookie SG in Lee

They will have a high 2010 pick

Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
Lee
Harris

High 2010 pick

Draco
09-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Why r people overlooking NJ?

They have the cap space to sign 2 max players
They have a great centre
They have probably the best PG in the East in Harris
They acquired a talented rookie SG in Lee

They will have a high 2010 pick

Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
Lee
Harris

High 2010 pick

I don't know about anyone else but I overlooked NJ because Miami and Chicago are walk-in situations. For NJ to be appealing in the way you laid out: Lebron has to sign on first. And the rest of their team (excepting Harris and Lopez..not sure about Lee) is pretty crappy...apparently, after a discussing the issue with Chronz in another thread.

B2B
09-01-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I overlooked NJ because Miami and Chicago are walk-in situations. For NJ to be appealing in the way you laid out: Lebron has to sign on first. And the rest of their team is pretty crappy...apparently, after a discussing the issue with Chronz in another thread.

The article suggest Bosh is on the move because he wants to play with Lebron

NY unless they move one or both Curry/Jeffries don't have room to sign 2 max free agents

Miami has Wade & would have only enough room for one more (no Lebron)

Chicago also = (no Lebron)

NJ have 3 positions they're young & strong at C/SG/PG

NJ has money for 2 max free agents

The spots that need to be filled r SF/PF (Lebron/Bosh)

Financially they make sense
Positionally they make sense
Plus they would be ready to compete as they r strong in the supporting positions

B2B
09-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I overlooked NJ because Miami and Chicago are walk-in situations. For NJ to be appealing in the way you laid out: Lebron has to sign on first. And the rest of their team (excepting Harris and Lopez..not sure about Lee) is pretty crappy...apparently, after a discussing the issue with Chronz in another thread.

Lebron signs on

Bosh S&T (NJ 2010 pick, a rookie, & expirings)

Draco
09-01-2009, 01:45 AM
The article suggest Bosh is on the move because he wants to play with Lebron

"Although most of our experts expect LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to stay right where they are, the book on Bosh reads a little differently"

Perhaps those "reports from behind the scenes" refer to Bosh's desire to leave Toronto and not necessarily to play with Lebron. Who knows.

B2B
09-01-2009, 01:48 AM
"Although most of our experts expect LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to stay right where they are, the book on Bosh reads a little differently"

Perhaps those "reports from behind the scenes" refer to Bosh's desire to leave Toronto and not necessarily to play with Lebron. Who knows.

Bosh

Draco
09-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Bosh

Sure..but according the information the article gives you, you can take the speculation in a number of directions and only so far. And it doesn't necessarily point to Bosh wanting to play with Lebron. It's a possibility, but not a certainty.

B2B
09-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Sure..but according the information the article gives you, you can take the speculation in a number of directions and only so far. And it doesn't necessarily point to Bosh wanting to play with Lebron. It's a possibility, but not a certainty.

I don't think I said it was a certainty.

I'm just suggesting because none mention NJ, I think that's the best scenario for Bosh if he were to decide to leave, especially if he wants to play with Lebron.

Even if Lebron didn't go to NJ

Lopez
Bosh
? (2010 pick)
Lee
Harris

Still a great team

IversonIsKrazy
09-01-2009, 02:08 AM
this is what i think honestly as a raps fan. Hes either going to stay iN Canada, or go to Miami. I mean, Heat can give him a large contract while keeping Wade, thats really impressive. NY on the other hand, cant offer 2 diff stars max contracts. I dont c him going to NY. Either TO or MIA for Bosh IMO.

secterm
09-01-2009, 02:09 AM
NJ would be a good fit considering they have built a great core of young, talented guys on cheap/rookie scale contracts. Could be a dynasty, but right now the franchise is in the dumps and needs to move to Brooklyn.

Draco
09-01-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't think I said it was a certainty.

I'm just suggesting because none mention NJ, I think that's the best scenario for Bosh if he were to decide to leave, especially if he wants to play with Lebron.

Even if Lebron didn't go to NJ

Lopez
Bosh
? (2010 pick)
Lee
Harris

Still a great team

Not as good as the Bulls with Bosh IMO.

blah-blah
09-01-2009, 02:15 AM
well espns wrong :bs:

swoop
09-01-2009, 06:47 AM
It's just speculation. Even if Bosh said something 'off the record', it wouldn't stay that way for more than 5 minutes. The 'real' Espn writers must hate this type of non-story. "Reports from behind the scenes", what does that mean ? If there are "reports", the very first place I would see them is as a topic in this forum ! If they are not "reports", why not call them what they are ? Rumours !

WaterBoy24
09-01-2009, 08:37 AM
ESPN is sooooooo overated....anyway if he is gone...no worries...raptors then have flexibility 2 get someone else...maybe even someone better.

MackSnackWrap
09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
ESPN is sooooooo overated....anyway if he is gone...no worries...raptors then have flexibility 2 get someone else...maybe even someone better.

Ye I Agree, but depending on how we do this year he could very well stay

Glenfidish
09-01-2009, 10:47 AM

His destiny should be second fiddle on anyteam! Doesnt mean he wants it to be like that. I personally strive to be the best i can be with everything i do in life. There are pro's and con's when leaving towards another city. Lets take a look more closer on some of those aspects.

Pro's
1. More media coverage
2. More media=more ratings=more revenue for the team=more money for Bosh
3. Its usa=home for bosh
4. New york=Meca of basketball=top of the world
5. change of scenery
6. new life=new start=more motivation
7. change=good

Con's
1. No max=less money=less finacial security
2. More media=more pressure=no privacy
3. New york= meca of basketball=the highest level of pressure
4. If you thought toronto was hard on him=can you imagine New York
5. More pressure=more stress=age faster
6. New york=turn quickly on players= If there not performing
7.No Toronto=Franchise=Bosh=Celebrity=the king of the acc=out the door
8.No Toronto=7 years = almost a decade= No place like home=out the door
9.No Toronto=unfinished business=goals to achieve=personal agenda for bosh=out the door
10.No Toronto=The best city in canada=multicultural=great people=great moral=out the door
11.Change=can ruin you=Allan Iverson
12.New=Not the greatest city in the world=myth=recession=declyinind dollar=on the verge of collapse
You could add more things to the list, but the point is that there are far better choices in him wanting to stay then leaving. I know he knows that.
He has it made here.

B2theRY
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
didnt read every page but bosh is tired of losing so he will leave toronto for the knicks and make less money?

yeah that makes sense

khanraymond
09-01-2009, 11:27 AM
If Bosh walks next summer...then he walks...but it will be via S&T...to NY.
Which wouldn't be so horrible...why?

NY is going to be garbage this year....so high draft pick.
Lee is only signing a 1 year deal...so next year he can sign a multi year deal.

If NY put together a Package like Lee (8M a year) + top 10 draft pick (maybe top 5) + Cash + taking Banks
That would be pretty decent..while Lee isn't as good as Bosh overall...he tougher, better rebounder...which would mesh well with Bargnani (primary offensive player) + a potential top 5 pick....

We would have 40 M tied up in Calderon-Hedo-Lee-Bargnani.
- compared to NY...which would have close to 40M tied up in just 2 players...Bosh and James
remember...with the cap going down....and NY under...they won't have a MLE....pretty much means...the rest of their players will be min....sorry....as amazing as Bosh-James would be...u cant win with 2 all-stars and garbage roll players....there are a ton of teams with 2 or 3 all-stars...
We would have 3 solid bench players - Jack-Belinelli-Evans
We would have 2 solid young players - DeRo and NY pick (potential top 5)
+ MLE to go after a FA

Not saying I want this....i would much rather have Bosh in a Raptor uniform...just saying...if he does walk to NY via S&T....it won't be so bad for Toronto...

RaptorsFanatic
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Its so ironic how ESPN (an American company) claims Bosh will be leaving, but the Globe and Mail (Toronto Based, which I am pretty sure has a more insider look in this situation because they are from the city) said that Bosh feels closer to Toronto.

I do not know who to believe, ESPN, the people who have more insight on the NBA than anyone else, or the Globe and Mail which has the inside stuff on Toronto, which should mean they know a tad bit about the Raptors?

katman
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think NY has a draft pick.

B2B
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
If Bosh walks next summer...then he walks...but it will be via S&T...to NY.
Which wouldn't be so horrible...why?

NY is going to be garbage this year....so high draft pick.

Utah has their pick.

Lee is only signing a 1 year deal...so next year he can sign a multi year deal.

If NY resign Lee they won't sign Bosh.

If NY put together a Package like Lee (8M a year) + top 10 draft pick (maybe top 5) + Cash + taking Banks
That would be pretty decent..while Lee isn't as good as Bosh overall...he tougher, better rebounder...which would mesh well with Bargnani (primary offensive player) + a potential top 5 pick....

Once again Knicks don't have a 2010 pick (Lee, Chandler, Gallo, Hill) r options & not the best of packages but if Bosh wants to goto NY we have no other option.

We would have 40 M tied up in Calderon-Hedo-Lee-Bargnani.
- compared to NY...which would have close to 40M tied up in just 2 players...Bosh and James

Who wouldn't want 40mil tied up in Lebron/Bosh over Calderon/Hedo/Lee/Bargnani?.

remember...with the cap going down....and NY under...they won't have a MLE....pretty much means...the rest of their players will be min....sorry....as amazing as Bosh-James would be...u cant win with 2 all-stars and garbage roll players....there are a ton of teams with 2 or 3 all-stars...
We would have 3 solid bench players - Jack-Belinelli-Evans
We would have 2 solid young players - DeRo and NY pick (potential top 5)
+ MLE to go after a FA

Curry
Bosh/Hill
Lebron/Chandler
Gallo
Duhon/Sessions

looks pretty good to me

Not saying I want this....i would much rather have Bosh in a Raptor uniform...just saying...if he does walk to NY via S&T....it won't be so bad for Toronto...

U can tell you're trying to make the best of a bad situation. If Bosh gets traded to NY our return package would be terrible.

MackSnackWrap
09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Its so ironic how ESPN (an American company) claims Bosh will be leaving, but the Globe and Mail (Toronto Based, which I am pretty sure has a more insider look in this situation because they are from the city) said that Bosh feels closer to Toronto.

I do not know who to believe, ESPN, the people who have more insight on the NBA than anyone else, or the Globe and Mail which has the inside stuff on Toronto, which should mean they know a tad bit about the Raptors?

You cant believe either one of them, nobody knows what Bosh is actually thinking, just gotta wait for 2010 summer to come around ans see hwta happens

B2B
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM

Don't u think it's a little funny the globe & mail would would have an article that Bosh loves Toronto a day after ESPN says he will leave?.

How would Raptor fans react if the Globe & mail confirmed the ESPN article?

PR

The same as Miami Papers claiming a Bosh for Beasley trade, it's what they want the public to think.

Globe & mail saying Bosh wants to stay has about as much meaning to me as ESPN saying he wants to leave.

swoop
09-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd want a whole lot more than Lee and a high pick in a S&T with Bosh, even if it were possible.

t_kobe24
09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I Love Toronto, And Toronto Loves Me! - Chris Bosh

DP06
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
BC has already said that no matter what Bosh's decision is, the raptors will get something in return, he's not letting Bosh walk away for free. LBJ and Wade will re-sign with their teams therefore leaving Miami and Cleveland without the option of signing another max player, Toronto can offer Bosh the most money and thats what his decision will ultimately come down to and it is something that he has stated he wants.

secterm
09-01-2009, 01:06 PM
His destiny should be second fiddle on anyteam! Doesnt mean he wants it to be like that. I personally strive to be the best i can be with everything i do in life. There are pro's and con's when leaving towards another city. Lets take a look more closer on some of those aspects.

Pro's
1. More media coverage
2. More media=more ratings=more revenue for the team=more money for Bosh
3. Its usa=home for bosh
4. New york=Meca of basketball=top of the world
5. change of scenery
6. new life=new start=more motivation
7. change=good

Con's
1. No max=less money=less finacial security
2. More media=more pressure=no privacy
3. New york= meca of basketball=the highest level of pressure
4. If you thought toronto was hard on him=can you imagine New York
5. More pressure=more stress=age faster
6. New york=turn quickly on players= If there not performing
7.No Toronto=Franchise=Bosh=Celebrity=the king of the acc=out the door
8.No Toronto=7 years = almost a decade= No place like home=out the door
9.No Toronto=unfinished business=goals to achieve=personal agenda for bosh=out the door
10.No Toronto=The best city in canada=multicultural=great people=great moral=out the door
11.Change=can ruin you=Allan Iverson
12.New=Not the greatest city in the world=myth=recession=declyinind dollar=on the verge of collapse
You could add more things to the list, but the point is that there are far better choices in him wanting to stay then leaving. I know he knows that.
He has it made here.

The first thing I read of the Cons was "less money=less finacial security".
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like players such as Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are concerned about being FINANCIALLY SECURE. So if they get 120 mill instead of 130 mill, they wont be able to afford as nice of a small country which they could seemingly afford to buy. Or maybe instead of having enough financial security for 250 families they only have enough financial security for 230 families. I don't see any of them losing sleep if they were to get a slightly less max money contract. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Glenfidish
09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
The first thing I read of the Cons was "less money=less finacial security".
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like players such as Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are concerned about being FINANCIALLY SECURE. So if they get 120 mill instead of 130 mill, they wont be able to afford as nice of a small country which they could seemingly afford to buy. Or maybe instead of having enough financial security for 250 families they only have enough financial security for 230 families. I don't see any of them losing sleep if they were to get a slightly less max money contract. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Whats so funny about that? Are you telling me that just cause one earns 20 to 50 million less does not mean its a concern for celebrities or people who live a higher lifestyle then the average person. I earn dollars and spend dollars. They earn millions and spend millions.

Have you never heard of celebrities losing all there fortune overnight? Are you serious? Mc Hammer! Latrell Sprewall! the list goes on. It may not seem like a lot for you, but it is for them who live a lavish lifestyle and want only the best. So it is based on finacial security. They are not at the same level as you.

And since once again i proved you wrong, i would request that you dont answer my quotes anymore cause quite franky i dont care about what you have to say. Let be adults about this and stay of my back. This is a warning and Ink will be notified of your behaviour. Get with it.

khanraymond
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Utah has their pick.

If NY resign Lee they won't sign Bosh.

Once again Knicks don't have a 2010 pick (Lee, Chandler, Gallo, Hill) r options & not the best of packages but if Bosh wants to goto NY we have no other option.

Who wouldn't want 40mil tied up in Lebron/Bosh over Calderon/Hedo/Lee/Bargnani?.

Curry
Bosh/Hill
Lebron/Chandler
Gallo
Duhon/Sessions

looks pretty good to me

U can tell you're trying to make the best of a bad situation. If Bosh gets traded to NY our return package would be terrible.

assuming Lee would S&T next summer.
didn't know they don't have any picks.....but a package of Lee + Gallo + Cash....

and ur right....there isn't a good situation when ur best player leaves.....u never get equal value back.......best thing to do is get needs....rebounding and toughness

khanraymond
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Whats so funny about that? Are you telling me that just cause one earns 20 to 50 million less does not mean its a concern for celebrities or people who live a higher lifestyle then the average person. I earn dollars and spend dollars. They earn millions and spend millions.

Have you never heard of celebrities losing all there fortune overnight? Are you serious? Mc Hammer! Latrell Sprewall! the list goes on. It may not seem like a lot for you, but it is for them who live a lavish lifestyle and want only the best. So it is based on finacial security. They are not at the same level as you.

And since once again i proved you wrong, i would request that you dont answer my quotes anymore cause quite franky i dont care about what you have to say. Let be adults about this and stay of my back. This is a warning and Ink will be notified of your behaviour. Get with it.

But say Bosh walked...and signed with NY without a S&T (or NJ/Brooklyn)....
I know he'll lose 30M over 6 years......but what will his endorsements look like....
I know with Lebron...he'll probably earn the 30M he'll lose on his contract in endorsements....but can Bosh say the same? and if so....then financially....both are equal.

secterm
09-01-2009, 10:37 PM

I said that I don't think that financial security is an issue. I didn't insult you or start anything. If you don't like my opinion, you surely don't have to respond but I'm not going to tell you not to respond to my posts cause it's your right to do so within the guidelines of this forum. If you don't agree with me, you don't have to respond, it's your choice. I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter.

Also, my understanding is the difference is around an extra 2% raises and a year longer, so the total dollar difference on a 5 yr deal is around a couple mill or something. It's the 6th yr that's the real difference, but if the player is confident in their abilities they might feel as though in 4 or 5 yrs they will be able to sign another max extension.

swoop
09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Obviously the nature of big league sports (and the involvement of unions therein) means that players take the bigger contracts. Whether it makes sense to any 'regular folk' or not is irrelevant. It is a very simple fact that the money is the biggest motivation in signing any contract for a professional athlete.

j-mart
09-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Pointless article by ESPN. They could have substituted Bosh's name for James or Wade in that article as they're all in the same boat. It's all well and good that they speculate that Bosh may want to play with James but few teams if any will be able to offer two max contracts if the salary cap decreases as forecasted.

Byronicle
09-02-2009, 10:21 AM
last time i checked it is 2009 and the season hasn't even started...i am really sick of hearing people trying to predict the future when we all know that is completely stupid when things change!! Seriously whatever happens, Happens...and lets not dwell in the past, what matters is whats going on right now. These articles are written up just to keep the fan base busy and its something to write about, just like in baseball and all those useless stats, they are created just to make the game seem more interesting and give the commentators something to talk about during games...same deal season hasn't started so your going to get a lot of bogus because right now this is the time that nothing is happening, there is no drama so therefore drama has to be created

lorenz00
09-03-2009, 04:01 PM
man cb4 is he man.. but if he really want to leave let him :d

dhalvarez
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
[Quote] If you have to be cruel to be kind, then our panel is killing Toronto with kindness. After Monday's prediction that Chris Bosh would depart in 2010, now our forecasters have the Raptors missing the playoffs by 0.1 wins (with an average prediction of 39.0 wins). We'll see if the addition of Hedo Turkoglu is the tonic in Toronto...[Quote]

After reading ESPN articles over the years, especially about the Toronto Raptors my ratings on their credibility is pretty low.

This is just another U.S.-ccentric article spitting on the only team outside of the U.S.

How can they predict Toronto in 9th with 39 wins and Atlanta in 4th with 45 wins?? It came down to a six game difference?? Huh?? Out of 82 games, 6 games separates 4th place and 9th place???

We haven't even started pre-season yet, how'd they figure this out?? Who comes out with these forcasters? A donkey with a pencil tied to it's tail??

The E in ESPN should change to I for Idiots!!

While the Raptors were doing well and Carter was the leading vote getter on the All-star ballots(for several years), there were no more than two raptors regular season games broadcasted in the U.S. each season.

The U.S. media, mainly ESPN, seem to be trying to kill any credibility that the Raptors or toronto's basketball market seem to have, any chance they have, let alone to their ignorance towards the Canadian media.

On the topic of Bosh.

Are they (ESPN) so ignorant, that they seem to take a blind eye whenever Bosh seems to have anything good to say about Toronto and the Raptors organization?

“It probably took me two or three years, but I went there when I was 19,” said Bosh.

“I was fresh out of college. I was used to roommates and guys knocking on the door, saying where the frat party was.

“But I love Toronto. And Toronto loves me.”

A day after ESPN "predicted" that Bosh was leaving Toronto, this article came out:

(and no coincedence that Bosh had something to say)

Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh has never felt better about being in Toronto, a city he’s worked in for six NBA seasons but in some ways is just getting to know.

“It’s kind of crazy, I’ve never spent this much time in the summer here, it’s great,” he said. “I definitely feel closer to Toronto, I know that for sure.”

“We haven’t read the book yet, but when he (Colangelo) has it ready, I’ll gladly sit down and talk about it, discuss pros and cons, and come to a decision,” Bosh said. “But I like that we’re not sitting around, waiting around, putting all our eggs in the basket and saying we’re going to wait for 2010 because we want to have [salary] cap space to get players you might not be able to sign. The do-it-now approach is very motivating, for everyone."

Michael Grange

From Tuesday's Globe and Mail

For a player who is spending a lot of time and training in the current city he's playing for, spending a lot of time with team mates (Calderon's Basketball camp in Spain) and Raptors management, why isn't any of this reported by ESPN.

It doesn't mean that he's signing an extension, but I do think that he's tired of the media in the U.S. and their persuasive questions.

please New York?? with what cap space?? and even if they sign Bosh, why would he go to a bad organization??

Miami??

Hey Wade likes Toronto and mentioned several times that he likes what the organization is doing.

Maybe he'll sign here with Bosh! maybe dreaming...but why not??

coolncasz20mm
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
two choices either bosh stays or he goes, 50/50 chance espn is right so unless they got some inside information/sources they're only guessing like we are (unless the source is BC or Bosh). I totatlly agree with B2B about the public relations thing, Bosh will always say the right thing where it concerns his free agency. He'll get his money and his destination whether it's with TO or not we'll see.

if wants 2 go let him i dont want another superstar mopping around the court liek vc he said he wants 2 go play witt teflon trad em up 4 big z and ?

HoopsMachine
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
This is media just being media. ESPN is just like any other news reporting company where the bottom line//agenda is getting whatever story out there whether credible or pure speculation to attract viewership. Bosh or any of the other big name free agents leaving makes a good story and so all the hype ensues.

rolo tomaci
09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
It doesn't matter to me. If Bosh wants to leave, let him tell us now so we can trade him. Seriously, I don't want our team to have a player that eventually doesn't want to be here. I'd rather get players that want to be here and commit to the system we run here.

That is just what I feel.

Could not agree more. If he wants to stay that is great if not...trade him. Just don't let him walk away for nothing because he is either a great player or a great asset...we need to take advantage of one or the other.

lorenz00
09-08-2009, 12:21 AM
lol.. hope not

LD V2.0
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
ESPN told the world that Bosh would never sign the contract extension he's currently on, so what? Colangelo silenced me this off-season. I no longer doubt that the Raptors are the favorite to claim Chris Bosh next summer. The Raptors need to win games this year and they have the team to do it. If Bosh can't lead them then its on himself and Jay and if that's the case then Bosh isn't a max money guy.