PDA

View Full Version : Could MJ(III) have contended for a title as The Man?

Chronz
08-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Is there any team MJ could have joined in 2002 and not only be the best player on the squad but legitimately contend for the title, not even win it all, but contend and win 54+Games?

If so, which team, if not, why not?

blazerman
08-31-2009, 04:07 AM
The 2002 champs were awfully tough but if you put him on the Kings that yr then yes it could have been done.

The team he choose to go to "the Wizards" sucked and it seemed to be more motivated to boost attendance since he was buying into the team. He didnt really seem to be into the game wholeheartedly then either and Im sure it had something to do with the team he was playing for.

In 2002 their were a couple of very tough teams in LA and SA so he would have had to be on a top flight team and even then it would have been tough because he was out of shape but as a member of the Kings it very well could have happened.

Boston Faithful
08-31-2009, 07:16 AM
I think if you put him on any of the top East teams or any of the top West teams he could have won a title. The Wizards won 19 games before.

SteveNash
08-31-2009, 07:21 AM
No.

The 2002 champs were awfully tough but if you put him on the Kings that yr then yes it could have been done.

The team he choose to go to "the Wizards" sucked and it seemed to be more motivated to boost attendance since he was buying into the team. He didnt really seem to be into the game wholeheartedly then either and Im sure it had something to do with the team he was playing for.

In 2002 their were a couple of very tough teams in LA and SA so he would have had to be on a top flight team and even then it would have been tough because he was out of shape but as a member of the Kings it very well could have happened.

Well unless you think he would be the best player on the Kings, which he wouldn't be.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 07:36 AM
No.

Well unless you think he would be the best player on the Kings, which he wouldn't be.

He would have put the Kings over the top and he is still MJ. the Kings were using Doug Christie, I think an old MJ still gets it done with Bibby,Webber,Divac and Peja around him.

He was still pretty decent in 2002, not the super dominant MJ but still better than just about every other SG ( of course R Miller and guys like Kobe were better than him but only a few)

I dont know if he would have been the man but I do think he could have helped the Kings get past LA, an old MJ was still pretty effective on a crap team and on a good team he'd have gotten alot of easier looks especially with bigs like Webber and Divac that could find a cutter with ease and a PG like Bibby.

JordansBulls
08-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Well in 2002 he was probably as good as Pierce. So had he went to Boston I am sure they could have won. Especially considering they went to the ECF.

mitch91
08-31-2009, 08:02 AM
He would have put the Kings over the top and he is still MJ. the Kings were using Doug Christie, I think an old MJ still gets it done with Bibby,Webber,Divac and Peja around him.

He was still pretty decent in 2002, not the super dominant MJ but still better than just about every other SG ( of course R Miller and guys like Kobe were better than him but only a few)

I dont know if he would have been the man but I do think he could have helped the Kings get past LA, an old MJ was still pretty effective on a crap team and on a good team he'd have gotten alot of easier looks especially with bigs like Webber and Divac that could find a cutter with ease and a PG like Bibby.

the question is could he be the man on the team, i dont think mj would have been the man on that team at that time