PDA

View Full Version : Newsday: S&Ts for Lee still under consideration

DenButsu
08-31-2009, 01:15 AM
S&Ts for Lee still under consideration

Saturday August 29, 2009 11:22 PM By Alan Hahn

The only holding out on David Lee's mind right now is mainly the hope that his contract status will be resolved fairly soon. In fact we're hearing through a source tonight that there are "are a couple of sign-and-trades still being considered before a one-year deal is negotiated."

We can't tell you what these deals are because it is sensitive information that, if it were to go public would be detrimental to either happening.

In other words, we don't really know the exact principles of either deal that has been discussed.

And why we don't know is because our sources won't tell us for the reasons stated above.

What we do know is that if neither deal is accepted by the Knicks -- and we're told that Donnie Walsh, despite wanting to keep Lee in the fold, is taking serious consideration into any reasonable S&T for Lee -- then Lee and his agent, Mark Bartelstein, are prepared to negotiate a one-year deal to remain in New York for the 2009-10 season. He will then become an unrestricted free agent in next summer.

Again, we can only speculate about the potential sign-and-trades at this point. You could guess that the...newsday (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/the-knicks-fix-1.812055)

Draco
08-31-2009, 01:27 AM
I wonder what Blazer fans think of this.

jjfan122
08-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Can this just be dealt with already? David lee is great player and he doesn't deserve this from the knicks.

NYKnickFanatic
08-31-2009, 01:43 AM
I just hope SOMETHING happens already.

And if he is traded to Portland, I hope Rudy is involved. :cool:

NYKnickFanatic
08-31-2009, 01:44 AM
Can this just be dealt with already? David lee is great player and he doesn't deserve this from the knicks.

Deserve what from the Knicks?

Knicks made him an offer, he declined, his asking price is too high.

29$JerZ
08-31-2009, 01:49 AM

What have the Knick's done wrong?

Lee is a FA in a time where its not good to be. He had a career year in a stat boosting system and no other team offered him a ridicolous 10-12 million annual contract because he isn't worth that money.

We offered him a QO because he didn't want to sign for what he is really worth.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Lee could be a Blazer now if the Knicks take the Blake and Outlaw deal but the Knicks are trying to get Rudy Fernandez and there is no way the the Blazers include Fernandez, you cant blame the Knicks for trying though.

The Knicks are hoping another team comes along so they can get a little something more. The Blazers have wanted Lee for awhile and Lee is said to like the idea of playing in Portland. If nothing better comes along then there's a good chance this deal goes down before training camp.

The Knicks dont want to pay Lee because they think his price is too high so a qualifier is the next option if they dont want to extend him or trade him. If that happens the Knicks will have botched the Lee situation bigtime because he will walk next summer for nothing.

I dont think NY or Lee expected things to turn out like this though and we can only speculate as to who is to blame Lee himself, his agent, the Knicks or even the media for blowing Lee's head up a bit, who knows

DetroitRipCity
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Please a S+T for Rip Hamilton PLEASE

skoobiesnax69
08-31-2009, 12:02 PM
blazerman, very insightful, but if my choice is having outlaw and blake next year and watch them expire and not resigned, or having lee for that same one year and playing with extra motivation for a 2010 contract, i'd rather keep lee and have him walk cuz it's almost the same thing as having the 2 expirings in blake and outlaw.....