PDA

View Full Version : If the Portland Trailblazers win 60 games this year, will Brandon Roy win MVP?

JordansBulls
08-30-2009, 11:58 PM
If the Portland Trailblazers win 60 games this year, will Brandon Roy win MVP?

Thoughts!!!

I say this as the Blazers won 54 games last year and it is realistic that they can win 60 games.

Sox Appeal
08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Most. Random. Thread. Ever.

iggypop123
08-31-2009, 12:08 AM
no

Shady66
08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
If the suns win 60 games this year, will nash or stoudemire win MVP.

such a random thread lmao

LakersIn5
08-31-2009, 12:35 AM
depends on what roy will average. and depends on who will lead the blazers to 60 games

Afridi786
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Only bonafide superstars win MVPs....Roy will never be in the same league as Kobe, Lebron, CP3..etc.

willthethrill22
08-31-2009, 12:47 AM
it depends what Roy himself does first.

random

GCOOKIE7
08-31-2009, 12:51 AM
I get in trouble for post padding and this guy doesn't get in trouble for thread padding... this is soooooooooooooooooooooo interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe4Life
08-31-2009, 12:58 AM
No. Keep the questions coming

blazerman
08-31-2009, 01:14 AM
If the Blazers win 60 it's because their a deep solid team and Greg Oden and LaMarcus Aldridge have improved.

Roy will have a great season because he is damn good but 60 wins is a team effort regardless and doesnt make a guy automatic MVP.

If Roy was to go off and average 29/6/6 or better with the team getting 60 then its more than likely he would get it but Roy doesnt need to put in that kinda work for the Blazers because they're stacked and the Blazers goal is a championship not an MVP award (Roy's goal=title an MVP is secondary).

Lebron,Kobe,Wade,Howard or Paul will be preseason MVP candidates

The Blazers will get real close to 60 anyways (58 wins I predict no less)

Afridi786
08-31-2009, 01:16 AM
^I love how people assume a player wants what's best for their team instead of getting paid and getting fame....you don't know for sure...so don't pretend to.

Raph12
08-31-2009, 01:22 AM
This is another bad thread IMO, what ifs don't mean anything.

If the Grizzlies win 60 games will AI win MVP?

SeeMeSawYou
08-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Joel Przybilla will

Lakersho
08-31-2009, 01:25 AM
no, but he is a great player...

Afridi786
08-31-2009, 01:32 AM
This is another bad thread IMO, what ifs don't mean anything.

If the Grizzlies win 60 games will AI win MVP?

Probably cuz AI has the star power and can fill up a stat sheet more so than Roy....well at least has proven he can.

mrblisterdundee
08-31-2009, 01:37 AM
depends on what roy will average. and depends on who will lead the blazers to 60 games

Who the **** do you think would lead next year's Blazers to 60 wins; LaMarcus Aldrige or Andre Miller? You should be banned for even thinking anybody but Roy could do it next year.

Lakersfan2483
08-31-2009, 01:43 AM

Thoughts!!!

I say this as the Blazers won 54 games last year and it is realistic that they can win 60 games.

No, I don't see him winning the award, especially with guys like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, CP3 and Howard still at the top of their games. Most of them will also be just as impactful, if not more than Roy. Roy would have to put up some monster numbers and be extremely efficient on offense, carry the load on defense, etc... His team would also have to be the no.1 team out west. I don't see any of that happening next year.

*I can definitely see him being in the top 10 in terms of MVP candidates.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 01:44 AM
^I love how people assume a player wants what's best for their team instead of getting paid and getting fame....you don't know for sure...so don't pretend to.

I know 10x more about Roy than you, believe that!

He himself said on Blazer courtside after the Houston series that his #1 goal is to win a title and said an MVP would be nice but his game is more centered around involving teammates in the flow of the game an an MVP is more likely to go to guys like Lebron!
And you need to quit assuming I dont know what Im talking about!

After I read your stupid quote that Roy will never be a superstar like Kobe,Wade or LeBron tells me your clueless. Roy is on the verge of being a superstar right now and is the 3rd best SG's in the league right behind Kobe and Wade. Quit pretending you know anything about basketball because you dont!

Total homer!

ChiSox219
08-31-2009, 01:44 AM

Only bonafide superstars win MVPs....Roy will never be in the same league as Kobe, Lebron, CP3..etc.

PER from 08-09

1. LeBron James-CLE- 31.7
2. Dwyane Wade-MIA-30.4
3. Chris Paul-NOH-30.0
4. Dwight Howard-ORL-25.4
5. Tim Duncan-SAS-24.4
6. Kobe Bryant-LAL-24.4
7. Brandon Roy-POR-24.0

Roy is the most underrated player in the league, he has a max contract so he's not worried about getting paid. If his team finishes near the top of conference and he continues his progress he could be MVP, though it's probably going to be another year until he seriously challenges for the MVP.

Probably cuz AI has the star power and can fill up a stat sheet more so than Roy....well at least has proven he can.

Roy is as good right now as Iverson ever was

NYKnickFanatic
08-31-2009, 01:48 AM
Possibly, if he is having an MVP season...

Doesnt matter how many games you win, if you only average 15PPG 4AST 5RBDs.

Have to have some great numbers...

And I know Roy will average better than that, just putting it as an example.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 01:54 AM

Lay off the crack!

Afridi786
08-31-2009, 02:22 AM
Lay off the crack!

AI is one of the best of all time so yes AI has more star power, and AI has led the league in scoring and racks up more assists than Roy, so yes AI does fill up the stat sheet more, no 22/5 guy is ever going to win MVP, he'll have to average at least 26/5/5 in the regular season to ever have a chance to win MVP along with Blazers winning near 60 games. So no, I'm not on crack, just being a realist, not being biased.

I know 10x more about Roy than you, believe that!
He himself said on Blazer courtside after the Houston series that his #1 goal is to win a title and said an MVP would be nice but his game is more centered around involving teammates in the flow of the game an an MVP is more likely to go to guys like Lebron!
And you need to quit assuming I dont know what Im talking about!

After I read your stupid quote that Roy will never be a superstar like Kobe,Wade or LeBron tells me your clueless. Roy is on the verge of being a superstar right now and is the 3rd best SG's in the league right behind Kobe and Wade. Quit pretending you know anything about basketball because you dont!

Total homer!
Know the definition of homer b4 calling someone that, all professional players say the right things, even the selfish ones say the right things, their coached to do so, I'm not saying Roy is one of those, just saying you can't assume that about everyone just because he's your guy, hell Rose could be like that, idk, don't pretend like you do know what's in Roy's head, do you know what he thinks, how he is in his personal life, do you? I said Roy will never be in the league of CP3, Lebron, Kobe, or Dwight, because you need game, personality, and put up monster numbers to be a bonafide superstar, Roy has game but he puts up 22/5/5 and has no personality as far as I can tell, that's not necessarily a bad thing cuz he is a true professional but most true superstars have it. He could become one in the future (I don't see it being the case) but he is not there now.

AI was the MVP in 2001 which this thread is about and is one of the best of all time and you put Roy in AI's league already and in his prime too? Plz.

Seal
08-31-2009, 02:40 AM
Too bad the Blazers passed on Durant, they would be insanely good right now if they didn't screw that whole thing up. Maybe Olden will impress this year, could happen I just don't see it.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 03:29 AM
AI is one of the best of all time so yes AI has more star power, and AI has led the league in scoring and racks up more assists than Roy, so yes AI does fill up the stat sheet more, no 22/5 guy is ever going to win MVP, he'll have to average at least 26/5/5 in the regular season to ever have a chance to win MVP along with Blazers winning near 60 games. So no, I'm not on crack, just being a realist, not being biased.

Know the definition of homer b4 calling someone that, all professional players say the right things, even the selfish ones say the right things, their coached to do so, I'm not saying Roy is one of those, just saying you can't assume that about everyone just because he's your guy, hell Rose could be like that, idk, don't pretend like you do know what's in Roy's head, do you know what he thinks, how he is in his personal life, do you? I said Roy will never be in the league of CP3, Lebron, Kobe, or Dwight, because you need game, personality, and put up monster numbers to be a bonafide superstar, Roy has game but he puts up 22/5/5 and has no personality as far as I can tell, that's not necessarily a bad thing cuz he is a true professional but most true superstars have it. He could become one in the future (I don't see it being the case) but he is not there now.

AI was the MVP in 2001 which this thread is about and is one of the best of all time and you put Roy in AI's league already and in his prime too? Plz.

The way you came at me got me on edge, after reading your explanation I can see your point.

You dont think much of Roy and have put liimts on him but thats your opinion not mine. Also I dont defend a guy just because he's a Blazer and Roy isnt even my favorite Blazer to be honest with you (he's my 2nd).

No I dont claim to know Roy personally nor pretend to know what he thinks but like I said I know alot more than you do about him and I have met him numerous times at the Blazers postgame over the last couple of yrs(Im a Blazer season ticket holder) and other places in town, he isnt a fame hound by any means, more of a family man if anything.

Of course players like to be noticed and want to become famous along with being known as a great player so their name is always remembered and I doubt Roy is any different but it doesnt appear to be the driving force in his life. If he craved attention and fame he very well could've waited out his contract for the glitz of a big city like NY but he didnt and even said he wants to be a Blazer for life. You dont appear to know much about Roy other than on the court. Any Blazer fan usually knows a great deal about the Blazers because it's the only pro team in Portland and Portland has multiple talkshows that players appear on regularly and my gym (clubsport) is across the parking lot from the Blazers practice facility and Blazers players go there all the time and are just like anybody else for the most part.

Ansy
08-31-2009, 04:36 AM
No, because the Cavs will win 65 games and LeBron's stats will look better. It's really LeBron's MVP to lose until his team stops being so dominant in the regular season.

_KB24_
08-31-2009, 06:58 AM
No, because most likely both the Lakers and Cavs will win 60 plus games so Kobe and Lebron will automatically be 1 and 2 in voting. Wade will once again put up sick numbers and he will be in the mix. Paul will hopefully lead the Hornets into the playoffs with 50 plus wins. Dwight will be good. So will KG. Roy will hardly crack the top 10 IMO, but that does not take away from his amazing skills.

blazerman
08-31-2009, 07:16 AM
No, because most likely both the Lakers and Cavs will win 60 plus games so Kobe and Lebron will automatically be 1 and 2 in voting. Wade will once again put up sick numbers and he will be in the mix. Paul will hopefully lead the Hornets into the playoffs with 50 plus wins. Dwight will be good. So will KG. Roy will hardly crack the top 10 IMO, but that does not take away from his amazing skills.

Thats about what I expect too. But Roy may get 6 or 7th in the voting

JordansBulls
08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
If the suns win 60 games this year, will nash or stoudemire win MVP.

such a random thread lmao

Amare could, but Nash wont, he doesn't have the numbers.

Stay on topic, this is about Roy and the Blazers.

Sportfan
08-31-2009, 08:09 AM

:pity:

Tom81
08-31-2009, 08:16 AM
hard to say,

JordansBulls
08-31-2009, 08:24 AM
No, I don't see him winning the award, especially with guys like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, CP3 and Howard still at the top of their games. Most of them will also be just as impactful, if not more than Roy. Roy would have to put up some monster numbers and be extremely efficient on offense, carry the load on defense, etc... His team would also have to be the no.1 team out west. I don't see any of that happening next year.

*I can definitely see him being in the top 10 in terms of MVP candidates.

6. Kobe Bryant-LAL-24.4
7. Brandon Roy-POR-24.0

Win Shares Kobe = 13.0, Roy = 12.7

This year Roy will continue to get better while on the Lakers I would assume Bynum and Artest's numbers would increase.

Roy's impact will clearly be in the upper echelon.

mitch91
08-31-2009, 08:28 AM
do they have the best record?

if not then no if so then possibly

Toenail Clipper
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
PER from 08-09

1. LeBron James-CLE- 31.7
2. Dwyane Wade-MIA-30.4
3. Chris Paul-NOH-30.0
4. Dwight Howard-ORL-25.4
5. Tim Duncan-SAS-24.4
6. Kobe Bryant-LAL-24.4
7. Brandon Roy-POR-24.0

Roy is the most underrated player in the league, he has a max contract so he's not worried about getting paid. If his team finishes near the top of conference and he continues his progress he could be MVP, though it's probably going to be another year until he seriously challenges for the MVP.

How DARE you!
Roy hasn't prove shizzz yet.
Iverson is a HOF

ChiSox219
08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
How DARE you!
Roy hasn't prove shizzz yet.
Iverson is a HOF

Donk

GeneWaldron#5
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Roy is probably the most under-rated player in the league. Having said that, nothing other than the Blazers finishing with the best record in the NBA will see BRoy pick up the MVP award. As much as I would love that to happen I doubt it will.

In my opinion he is at the top of the second bracket of superstars, those who are legit franchise players but wont win the MVP award. The players above him are LBJ, Kobe, Dwyane,...., then Dwight, CP3, and (a fit) Duncan. The MVP will be one of those but Roy should at least be in the discussion and could be as high as fourth in the voting but I really don't see him getting any higher.

IversonIsKrazy
09-01-2009, 02:04 AM
JB, how bored do u get on average? and this thread has a pretty big IF, IMO only Lakers and Spurs will have 60 or more wins this year, West is waayy too competitive.

Shady66
09-01-2009, 02:39 AM
what about east? ^

xxxplicit69
09-01-2009, 03:05 AM

Thoughts!!!

blazers really should win 60games i was saying that while the playoffs were happening. roy is a great player but kobe, lebron, wade, even cp3 got the mvp throphies on lock cuz they are TH-EEEEEEEEE best in there positions. even dwight howard can be thrown up there.

xxxplicit69
09-01-2009, 03:13 AM
roy is in the class of granger, melo, durante, carter in his good days, etc. he's a guy that can give you close to 25 a game, but to be MVP you gotta drop the Trey 0 avg like kobe lebron and wade. if you not doing that you gotta grab boards and swats shots like howard or drop dimes and get steals like chris paul.

stawka
09-01-2009, 04:19 AM
roy is in the class of granger, melo, durante, carter in his good days, etc. he's a guy that can give you close to 25 a game, but to be MVP you gotta drop the Trey 0 avg like kobe lebron and wade. if you not doing that you gotta grab boards and swats shots like howard or drop dimes and get steals like chris paul.

Nicely said!

LakePackYank
09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
I get in trouble for post padding and this guy doesn't get in trouble for thread padding... this is soooooooooooooooooooooo interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a mod, of course he won't ever get any infractions. Even though this mod has been making the dumbest and most random threads the past few days. But oh well.

But to answer the question no.

JordansBulls
09-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Nash wasn't an elite player and then he won 2 MVP's in a row.

Mave1002
09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
No. statistically, i dont think he can do it alone. if they get to win 60, has to be a team effort. and thats a big IF.

MackSnackWrap
09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Ye if his numbers are really outstanding.

marques724
09-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Nash wasn't an elite player and then he won 2 MVP's in a row.

You get no argument from me that Steve Nash shouldn't have been MVP once let alone twice.

ManRam
09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I said no. I think he very well could, but if Cleveland wins 60+ LeBron would win it over him. If LA wins 65+ Kobe would win it over him. Etc...

Him winning the award, or anyone winning it, will be influenced just as much by the opposing candidates' play as it will be by Roy's play himself, which is why this is a dumb poll.

JordansBulls
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I said no. I think he very well could, but if Cleveland wins 60+ LeBron would win it over him. If LA wins 65+ Kobe would win it over him. Etc...

Him winning the award, or anyone winning it, will be influenced just as much by the opposing candidates' play as it will be by Roy's play himself, which is why this is a dumb poll.

Except Nash who wasn't even a superstar averaged 15 and 11 won it over Shaq.

_KB24_
09-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Nash's 2 MVPS were BS.

JordansBulls
09-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Nash's 2 MVPS were BS.

He only got the 1st one because the team went from 29-53 to 62-20 the next year.

jakesmail123
09-04-2009, 12:26 AM
no.
LeBron will win again

D1JM
09-04-2009, 12:46 AM
MVP is already between Lebron, Kobe, Wade and Howard. Stern dont care about anyone else

asandhu23
09-04-2009, 01:27 AM
no and keep on dreaming. its amazing how deluded minds work

JordansBulls
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
no and keep on dreaming. its amazing how deluded minds work

:confused:

MrFastBreak
09-05-2009, 12:16 AM

Thoughts!!!

Yeah, Portland could win 60 games this year.

But it doesn't mean Brandon Roy has to be the league's MVP because of it.

DreamShaker
09-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Roy is better than some of you are giving him credit for. He is a legit superstar.

Bausman
09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
If the TWolves win 60 will Rubio get MVP and ROY?

jimbobjarree
09-05-2009, 12:46 AM
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH RIGHHHHHHTTTTTT

they get homecourt, you can sig quote me here...they get homecourt first round and I will seriously streak though college during the finals, seriousley...they have absolutley no chance of ****ing 60 wins, you ****ing weed waster ahahaha

Vidball
09-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I doubt it...Kobe and LeBron will both be on 60+ win teams with each having the chance to chase 65-70 wins like they did last season. Also, POR won 54 games last season...I expect them to improve to around 60 with the addition on Miller, a healthy Webster, Oden entering his second season, and a young team having another year together. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really expect POR to grab the #2 seed out West. For Roy to win MVP he will have to do a bit more than 60 wins IMO. He would either need insane stats to go along with the 60 wins or he would need a #1 seed out West.

JayW_1023
09-06-2009, 06:00 AM
I love Brandon Roy...either way...that kid will be a winner.

JordansBulls
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Portland could win 60 games this year.

But it doesn't mean Brandon Roy has to be the league's MVP because of it.

But he would have a great case.

SA5195
09-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Depends if he puts good numbers up.

JordansBulls
09-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Depends if he puts good numbers up.

He will.

rockets2
10-27-2009, 12:05 PM
He might be the most underrated " superstar " in the entier league. obviously LBJ will get better numbers, but if portaland has a big year, roy might have a real shot.

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
If portland gets the number 2 seed in the west, and roys plays well i can see him winning it

b_rad23
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll tell you why he has 0 chance.

Portland will not be better than the Lakers, Cavs or Magic (if they're better than all three he has a chance). Roy is not the best player, and he doesn't put up top 5 stats.

IF (and this is a huge if) the Blazers are the best team in the league AND Roy increases his stats they have a shot. But keep in mind Roy is 10 points, 2 assists, 4 rebounds shy of Lebron. That's a ton

bal_ravens
10-27-2009, 12:31 PM
If the Blazers win 20 games, what will we call Roy?

KeithLBC
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Agent 0 :shrug:

TheKing23
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
No because chances are Cavs, Lakers, Magic and Celtics all win 60+ and a player from those teams is much more likely to win.

JordansBulls
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM

I would believe that he missed 60 games for the season.

DrDEADalready
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Probably. who knows.

theimortalone
10-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I would love to see it, but with CP3, James, and Kobe in the league, it will come down to them.

Gup
11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
They are not going to win 60 games
Also, there is someone playing for the Cavs named Lebron James who will put up alot better numbers than Roy

DerekRE_3
11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
If the Sacramento Kings win 60 games this year, will Tyreke Evans be MVP?

Gambeezy
11-21-2009, 06:12 PM
They are not going to win 60 games
Also, there is someone playing for the Cavs named Lebron James who will put up alot better numbers than Roy

god, why would you dig up this thread? It was well on its way to dying.

ko8e24
11-21-2009, 06:26 PM
If Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, LO, Artest and Fish go down, and the Lakers start Morrison, and he leads the team in scoring, and Lakers win 60+ games, will Adam Morrison win MVP?

sofargone
11-21-2009, 06:30 PM
depends on his numbers....its not like voters only care about team record.

VCaintdead17
11-21-2009, 06:30 PM
If the Sacramento Kings win 60 games this year, will Tyreke Evans be MVP?

No, he'll win the Tyreke Evans award. The award with the most merit in all of sports

JordansBulls
11-22-2009, 02:08 AM
If Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, LO, Artest and Fish go down, and the Lakers start Morrison, and he leads the team in scoring, and Lakers win 60+ games, will Adam Morrison win MVP?

If he leads the team in win shares and PER.

D-Will4Prez
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
That's a REALLY big IF.

shep33
12-26-2009, 06:18 PM
This guy has been ridiculous lately... last night he killed Denver, and before that lead his team to huge road wins. All of this without Oden, Fernandez, and half of their team who's been injured. So what do you guys think? If Portland gets a top 3 spot in the West would you give it to him?

KnicksorBust
12-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Not happening unless the Lakers and Cavs fall apart. It looks a two-horse race again and it's deserved for both. I think Brandon Roy will always be around the top 5 guys in the league but I never see him getting over the top and winning an MVP. His numbers aren't eye-popping enough. He's like the Chauncey Billups of elite SGs... makes sure you win the game, hits the big shots but doesn't end up with 50.

juggla53
12-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Its kind of hard to say at this point, just because a team does really well doesnt mean their best player should deffinatley win it. However if you take out Kobe and LeBron (they'll be frontrunners for MVP regardless) and compare him to the other top players in the leauge he is deffinatley having a season so far worthy of MVP consideration. Only think that hurts him is playing in Portland (not the greatest market) and hes not flashy. While both of those are ridiculous reasons not to give someone MVP, its still a few things that could stand in his way of getting the award.

runforrestrunx9
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
nah, cavs or lakers would have 2 have a complete melt down

nbafan244
12-26-2009, 07:29 PM
nah, cavs or lakers would have 2 have a complete melt down

so ur saying the lakers or cavs not lebron or kobe. giving a person and mvp award based on what team there on is dumb. its MVP not MVT..i think if they win 55 games and make top 3 seed he deserves it. yeah lebron and kobe are good but u cant just give it to them for what team there on. when the NBA puts all its top players on ESPN on christmas day and Brandon Roy kills all of them...thats saying something. the most valuable player is the guy who means the most value to there respective team and to the league. and unless lebron and kobe lead there to team to 70 wins...its an open race.

DaVille
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Media anointed the MVP for the next 3 years. Its Kobe Vs. Lebron league. So many great players get left out: Joe Johnson, Dirk Nowitzki, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Kevin Garnett....................

blazerman
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
First off the Blazers wont be winning 55 games this yr (I'd be estatic if they did but come on 55 wins is tough for a team that is riddled with injuries like the Blazers are this season)

But if for some reason they did win 55 games with a gimpy team, Nate McMillian would be guaranteed the coach of the yr, even if the Lakers won 70 games (that aint happening either, close though 65) Nate would get it because the Lakers are basically fully loaded with healthy players and serious talent so it's not out of the realm of possibilitie's thus lowering Jackson as the COY.

As far as Roy being the MVP if they won 55 games, we'll it would still depend on his stats but even with lower stats than some others he could win it because Kobe and LeBron have healthy stacked teams and Dwade takes a hit for the Heat being a .500 team, Melo has a chance as long as the Nuggets keep winning.

But if Roy averaged 26/6/6 and the Blazers hit 54 or 55 wins, he would almost certainly get it because an MVP if the kinda of guy who will lead his team through thick and thin and Roy is doing that when the team could have become a lottery team again. Plus his stats would be compareable to the others yet none of them have had to take the team on his shoulders like Roy has. Reminds me oif Nash when he came to Phoenix and turned the franchise around and was the difference between winning and losing and his leadership and passing got him the MVP twice with only about a 16 or 17 point scoring average but leading his team to 60 wins counted bigtime and the 11 assists didnt hurt. Without Nash the Suns drop to a 40 win team that yr.

So it is possible for Roy to win the MVP if the Blazers won 55 games, anybody that could lead a team to that many wins is definitely up there. But I think 55 is a stretch now but the underdog role or minus the expectations to surpass last season's win total and make it beyond the 1st rd isnt there anymore so every win is a surprise right now against top teams and playing the guys that would normally be the 9th to 15th players and beyond and still winning is just crazy, haha making it fun again because these wins are coming out of left field.

One more thing, if Roy is getting hype on PSD for consideration for MVP dont you think the people who vote will take notice as well and Roy's stats are steadily climbing so we'll see in a few months.

Kakaroach
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Depends on what seed that may be. If their the first seed in the west, then yeah he prolly deserves it. But then again that is highly unlikely.

Toenail Clipper
12-26-2009, 07:47 PM
No.
He's not a Kobe or a LeBron.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
They won't be top 3 in the west with the pace Dallas and Denver are playing at. If they win 55 they might not even be the 4th seed, and in that case he wouldn't even be a top 5 candidate. There are many more deserving players.

blazerman
12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
so ur saying the lakers or cavs not lebron or kobe. giving a person and mvp award based on what team there on is dumb. its MVP not MVT..i think if they win 55 games and make top 3 seed he deserves it. yeah lebron and kobe are good but u cant just give it to them for what team there on. when the NBA puts all its top players on ESPN on christmas day and Brandon Roy kills all of them...thats saying something. the most valuable player is the guy who means the most value to there respective team and to the league. and unless lebron and kobe lead there to team to 70 wins...its an open race.

Good points but Kobe and LeBron are the biggest superstars on the planet and known worldwide and make the NBA alot of loot in Merchandise and are the biggest draws in the NBA, so they can stumble in a yr as long as the team is doing good and still pull the MVP down.

But if the Blazers win 55 games with a hobbled team and Roy's stats countinue ot rise then he could get it but we aint getting 55 wins (that would be shocking with all the injuries to 5 of the top 8 players)

FlakeyFool
12-26-2009, 07:59 PM
no, not happening

Statik1
12-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Just b/c a team would/could win 55 games means that someone should be a mvp???

BkOriginalOne
12-26-2009, 08:18 PM
no, he will of they win 65 though.

blazerman
12-26-2009, 08:28 PM
They won't be top 3 in the west with the pace Dallas and Denver are playing at. If they win 55 they might not even be the 4th seed, and in that case he wouldn't even be a top 5 candidate. There are many more deserving players.

You take out 5 of your top 7/8 players and for 80% of the season or more and win 55 games, tell me you wouldnt be crowning Dirk the MVP, regardless of what other players and teams do. That is a feat for the team and it's leader, a true MVP, especially when a guy can lead a team to that many wins under those circumstances.

But 55 games is a serious reach, yes the last few wins have been nice but it's a long season and injuries have taken there toll but the remaining players have bonded and that's great but 55 wins, I doubt it.

Also Denver and Dallas' are only on pace for about 55 wins right now anyways and that could go down if you keep losing to gimpy teams like my Blazers, just Kiddin Mavrix,

50 wins at this point would make me really happen and the season would be remembered for that as much as all the injuries because really how many teams win 55 games that are not at full strength or close to it all season, not many. 50 wins may not be enough to win our Sig bet Mavrix but I would be happy with it because the team didnt wilt like alot of people assumed plus I can handle a Mavs sig, for a while if it has to be, they're a pretty good team so no shame in that.

blazerman
12-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Depends on what seed that may be. If their the first seed in the west, then yeah he prolly deserves it. But then again that is highly unlikely.

If the Blazers got the 1st seed, Juwan Howard or Steve Blake might get somes votes for MVP.

I bet Im the first person who has ever used Steve Blake's name and the league MVP in the same sentence, that's so wrong.

jiggin
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
this is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER AWARD, not the best player in the league award. Some of you are voting based on the players just being awesome, not on the circumstances that surround them.

Derick713
12-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Brandon Roy won't win the MVP regardless. If Dwayne Wade couldn't win it a year ago then Brandon Roy wouldn't win it now. Brandon Roy won't have the stats and it looks like the MVP is Kobe's to lose.

Brandon Roy has more help than LeBron James. Give LeBron James players like LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerrdy Bayless, Steve Blake, Andre Miller, and a few returning player and see where they end up.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 09:40 PM
You take out 5 of your top 7/8 players and for 80% of the season or more and win 55 games, tell me you wouldnt be crowning Dirk the MVP, regardless of what other players and teams do. That is a feat for the team and it's leader, a true MVP, especially when a guy can lead a team to that many wins under those circumstances.

But 55 games is a serious reach, yes the last few wins have been nice but it's a long season and injuries have taken there toll but the remaining players have bonded and that's great but 55 wins, I doubt it.

Also Denver and Dallas' are only on pace for about 55 wins right now anyways and that could go down if you keep losing to gimpy teams like my Blazers, just Kiddin Mavrix,

50 wins at this point would make me really happen and the season would be remembered for that as much as all the injuries because really how many teams win 55 games that are not at full strength or close to it all season, not many. 50 wins may not be enough to win our Sig bet Mavrix but I would be happy with it because the team didnt wilt like alot of people assumed plus I can handle a Mavs sig, for a while if it has to be, they're a pretty good team so no shame in that.LOL. There are so many things wrong with your post.

1. The Blazers haven't lost 5 of their top 8 players. Batum isn't one your top 8 players even when healthy regardless of being a starter or not. Roy, Aldridge, Miller, Blake and Webster are 5 of your top 8 players. Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez and Pryzbilla are the only significant injuries the Blazers have had. Pryzbilla is probably the last ranked player from everyone I just named.

2. Dallas is on pace to win 58 games (57.4 to be exact) winning at a pace of 70%.

3. Injuries aren't an excuse. Josh Howard, arguably our second best player when fully healthy has only played in 10 games this season, but you don't see me *****ing. Btw, Howard >>>>>>> Oden. And he's still not fully healthy, only playing 26 mpg this season. Not only Howard but Marion (3 games), Dampier (8 games), Thomas (16 games), Gooden (4 games), Nowitzki (2 games), and Ross (15 games) (*all rotation players getting atleast 15mpg) have all missed time due to injury this season. Keep the excuses to yourself.

4. Can't wait to see you sportin a Mavs sig! :)

brandt
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM
This guy has been ridiculous lately... last night he killed Denver, and before that lead his team to huge road wins. All of this without Oden, Fernandez, and half of their team who's been injured. So what do you guys think? If Portland gets a top 3 spot in the West would you give it to him?

They won't win 55 games and no, he won't win MVP.

jiggin
12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
LOL. There are so many things wrong with your post.

1. The Blazers haven't lost 5 of their top 8 players. Batum isn't one your top 8 players even when healthy regardless of being a starter or not. Roy, Aldridge, Miller, Blake and Webster are 5 of your top 8 players. Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez and Pryzbilla are the only significant injuries the Blazers have had. Pryzbilla is probably the last ranked player from everyone I just named.

2. Dallas is on pace to win 58 games (57.4 to be exact) winning at a pace of 70%.

3. Injuries aren't an excuse. Josh Howard, arguably our second best player when fully healthy has only played in 10 games this season, but you don't see me *****ing. Btw, Howard >>>>>>> Oden. And he's still not fully healthy, only playing 26 mpg this season. Not only Howard but Marion (3 games), Dampier (8 games), Thomas (16 games), Gooden (4 games), Nowitzki (2 games), and Ross (15 games) (*all rotation players getting atleast 15mpg) have all missed time due to injury this season. Keep the excuses to yourself.

you know so little about the blazers and it shows. best to not comment about a team you know very very little about, it just shows you are talking about something you don't know anything about. Blazerman may need to follow the same advice, but don't tell him that and then make a post about the blazers showing the same lack of knowledge.

you might also want to take the bias goggles off when discussing something that has nothing to do with the team you follow. it makes you look silly.

finally, ANYONE and everyone in the league would agree that injuries are part of the game but Portland has been hammered the worst in the league by them. How many players from your favorite team are out for the season due to injury? How many starters? No one says its an excuse...but then again, if they continue to win it should be acknowledged. AND THAT is what MVP is all about; not being the best players in the league with your entire team supporting you, but players battling against problems and STILL being amazing and still leading their team (the Most Valuable Player not Best Player in the League). Roy is playing hurt (brace on his knee after sitting out) and still scoring 40 points.

Right now, I think a LOT of writers would have Roy's name in the mix. If he is able to keep it up, he will get some serious votes. Im not saying he will win it, but anyone who thinks its all about Kobe and James doesn't know what the MVP vote is all about. Its not the Most Popular Player award.

ThuglifeJ
12-26-2009, 10:02 PM
not a chance.

overrated. youll see.

ThuglifeJ
12-26-2009, 10:03 PM
+no chance in hell he beats out Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Nash, etc

rockbottom2010
12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
not happening.........why...number one....u have to go past lebron, kobe, howard, nash, wade,.....and possibly Chauncey Billups....so therefore.......no

blazerman
12-26-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL. There are so many things wrong with your post.

Man dont try and tell me Blake or Webster are more valuable or better than Batum. Quit trying to argue because I said your team is on pace for 55 games, I dont follow your exact total daily pace, it was rough estimate, 55 wins is good anyway(and that's so petty of you to argue that) and way to rd up on 57.4, talk about flaws.

How pathetic, you have listed the exact amount of games each player on your team has missed but failed to figure the Blazers out and how many more games are gauranteed to be missed. Injuries are not an excuse, but ramble on about exactly how many games your players have missed, make up your mind or do you like to go both ways so you can argue both ways.

Oh yeah serious injuries will alter alot of things about a season, hard to trade, fill in with D leaguers with no Nba experience and Rookies straight off the IR, hum and we still beat you too, haha

And injuries are a valid excuse if it alters your entire season, I do believe your Mavs have everybody back (and please dont try and quote me on Thomas and Ross, those guys are bums that you'll just hype up into superhero's, Pendergragh and Mils have missed the entire season so we'll call that a push and if your thinking of arguing that they are experienced ballers unlike Mills and Pendergragh, I'd keep that on the hush because those two havent done much)

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
you know so little about the blazers and it shows. best to not comment about a team you know very very little about, it just shows you are talking about something you don't know anything about. Blazerman may need to follow the same advice, but don't tell him that and then make a post about the blazers showing the same lack of knowledge.

you might also want to take the bias goggles off when discussing something that has nothing to do with the team you follow. it makes you look silly.

finally, ANYONE and everyone in the league would agree that injuries are part of the game but Portland has been hammered the worst in the league by them. How many players from your favorite team are out for the season due to injury? How many starters? No one says its an excuse...but then again, if they continue to win it should be acknowledged. AND THAT is what MVP is all about; not being the best players in the league with your entire team supporting you, but players battling against problems and STILL being amazing and still leading their team (the Most Valuable Player not Best Player in the League). Roy is playing hurt (brace on his knee after sitting out) and still scoring 40 points.

Right now, I think a LOT of writers would have Roy's name in the mix. If he is able to keep it up, he will get some serious votes. Im not saying he will win it, but anyone who thinks its all about Kobe and James doesn't know what the MVP vote is all about. Its not the Most Popular Player award.You know so very little about what a MVP is. A MVP makes his team mates better, takes his game to the next level when needed, and most importantly is clutch enough to win games. It isn't just playing through injuries, because we all know all teams face them.

Also I wasn't being biased, I was giving an opinion with facts to back it up. You can't hand an MVP award to a player just for winning games with a depleated team. There are players working just as hard as Roy to get their repective teams wins even through injuries. (Ex: Kobe and Dirk won games without their second best player) If Aldridge were to go down instead of Oden and Roy was still winning games, then I would give him major props. But for now I'll just give him credit where it's due.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Man dont try and tell me Blake or Webster are more valuable or better than Batum, I go to every Blazer game and I saw all last yr what Batum could do and could only imagine what kind of player he will become. He's better than both of them put together on defense and is a better 3 pt shooter rhan either of them especially in the clutch.
Howard better than Oden, bahahahaha, the only argument to that is is Oden never plays because he's always injuried.

Way to rd up 57.4 to 58 wins, I believe you rd down on that one and I just figured it off the top of my head to be roughly around 55.
Pretty sad that you know exactly how many games each player has missed so you have ammo for an arguement, 2 for dirk 3, for Marion,4 for Gooden big deal that isnt nothing and that just sounds dumb to even try and put that up against half my team out for close to the season.
Dont cry around because your team lost to the Blazers at home, I didnt say anything after I read through the Mavs thread, but it was we shoulda coulda but you didnt.

The only reason the Mavs will probably have a better record is because I dont get any of my main guys back til the last three weeks of the season or not at all, so dont try to bring that stupid crap about Dirk and Marion missing 2/3 games as major, I havent seen breaking news threads about any of the guys you mentioned and Ive read 5 already on my team. And I roll with the punches and if the Mavs have the better record no biggie to me but if not for all the MAJOR injuries to my team wouldnt have happened my team didnt have so many major injuries and dont try and say every team has injuries because your just trying to make it sound like the Blazers havent lost much in injuries and it's an excuse, sorry but it's a FACT!

Oh yTim Thomas and Quinten Ross, Yeah those are lethal please, straight up burned out bum and a hack! if I wanted I wouldve added the fact that Pendergragh and Patty Mills have been out all season as well but they were kind of irrelevant just like those bums. But go ahead and pad your injury list for an arguments sake.There you go with the idiotic statements again. A fully healthy Dallas is better than a fully healthy Portland team. True you beat Dallas but that was Dirks first game back from an injury. I'm not gonna make excuses like you though because I know if we were to play again Dallas would win, just like last year when we swept 3-0.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:40 PM
By the way since when is Pryzbilla better then Tim Thomas?

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I can't believe this joke is even comparing Oden to Howard.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 10:44 PM
This kid is trying to say Batum is more important then their starting PG (Blake)

hahahaha gtfo

Tblaze
12-26-2009, 10:58 PM
This kid is trying to say Batum is more important then their starting PG (Blake)

hahahaha gtfo

He is :facepalm:

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
He is :facepalm:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Then why is Blake playing 30 mpg this year AND last year with Batum compared to Batums 18 mpg last year?

If he is/was more important, then why is/was he playing less?
:facepalm:
:facepalm: LMFAO :facepalm:
:facepalm:

blazerman
12-26-2009, 11:04 PM
You know so very little about what a MVP is. A MVP makes his team mates better, takes his game to the next level when needed, and most importantly is clutch enough to win games. It isn't just playing through injuries, because we all know all teams face them.

Also I wasn't being biased, I was giving an opinion with facts to back it up. You can't hand an MVP award to a player just for winning games with a depleated team. There are players working just as hard as Roy to get their repective teams wins even through injuries. (Ex: Kobe and Dirk won games without their second best player) If Aldridge were to go down instead of Oden and Roy was still winning games, then I would give him major props. But for now I'll just give him credit where it's due.

Oden was playing better than Adridge except in points, Oden's D was superior,Blk shots, FG% rebs altered shots and about 5 or 6 points less than Aldridge in 15 miutes a game less than LTrain

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Oden was playing better than Adridge except in points, Oden's D was superior,Blk shots, FG% rebs altered shots and about 5 or 6 points less than Aldridge in 15 miutes a game less than LTrain

More foul prone, less basketball IQ, and more TO's per game which is why he played less.

Tblaze
12-26-2009, 11:09 PM
More foul prone, less basketball IQ, and more TO's per game which is why he played less.

why do you even care so much? I can understand your frustation, cause Dallas is once again not going to do much in the playoffs this year... with the window closing that can be hard I guess... :)

jiggin
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM

hahahaha gtfo

this shows you know nothing about the blazers players and should not try and act like you do. Batum is an AMAZING defender. Wade, Lebron, Kobe all have said he is one tough cookie to go up against. When yahoo sports went looking for a defensive player to talk about guarding the best in the game, they talked to Batum who spoke openly about the differences in guarding the top guards in the league...but you probably already knew that, right?

Steve Blake should not even be the starting point guard on the Blazers, he had a career year last year and is getting time because of that...and FAILING miserably this year at a repeat performance...but you probably already knew that right?

I won't speak about the mavs because I am out of my element and would not want to sound like an idiot...I suggest you do the same. So far, you have just shown that you know very little about basketball outside the texas borders, something that as an NBA FAN I would not be proud of if I were you.

good day to you sir...........I SAID GOOD DAY.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
why do you even care so much? I can understand your frustation, cause Dallas is once again not going to do much in the playoffs this year... with the window closing that can be hard I guess... :)

Let's see we're currently 2nd in the west with room to improve. We have expiring contracts that can bring in a star player, and an owner willing to spend money and go over the cap and accept luxary tax to keep Dallas a contending team. Not worried. ;)

Have fun getting bounced out the first round again.

blazerman
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
There you go with the idiotic statements again. A fully healthy Dallas is better than a fully healthy Portland team. True you beat Dallas but that was Dirks first game back from an injury. I'm not gonna make excuses like you though because I know if we were to play again Dallas would win, just like last year when we swept 3-0.

Talk about idiotic statements, you say "true you beat Dallas but it was Dirks first game back from injury".

Then in the very next line say"IM NOT GONNA MAKE EXCUSES LIKE YOU". if that didnt sound just dumb.

You post every players exact missed games for the Mavs which isnt many and then say I dont make excuses, they why the hell you keeping track of every missed game for your team and posting in it like it's really a major blow, Yeah Dirk missed two games wow, thats the end all be all.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:14 PM
this shows you know nothing about the blazers players and should not try and act like you do. Batum is an AMAZING defender. Wade, Lebron, Kobe all have said he is one tough cookie to go up against. When yahoo sports went looking for a defensive player to talk about guarding the best in the game, they talked to Batum who spoke openly about the differences in guarding the top guards in the league...but you probably already knew that, right?

Steve Blake should not even be the starting point guard on the Blazers, he had a career year last year and is getting time because of that...and FAILING miserably this year at a repeat performance...but you probably already knew that right?

I won't speak about the mavs because I am out of my element and would not want to sound like an idiot...I suggest you do the same. So far, you have just shown that you know very little about basketball outside the texas boarders, something that as an NBA FAN I would not be proud of if I were you.

good day to you sir...........I SAID GOOD DAY.
Then why would there be a significant difference in the mpg between Blake and Batum if he is such a great defender? Career year or not, the argument is focused around importance of each player when Batum was healthy.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Talk about idiotic statements, you say "true you beat Dallas but it was Dirks first game back from injury".

Then in the very next line say"IM NOT GONNA MAKE EXCUSES LIKE YOU". if that didnt sound just dumb.

You post every players exact missed games for the Mavs which isnt many and then say I dont make excuses, they why the hell you keeping track of every missed game for your team and posting in it like it's really a major blow, Yeah Dirk missed two games wow, thats the end all be all.

Because you brought up the game, smart one. I said I'm not going to make excuses regarding Howard, Dampier, and the rest of Mavericks players missing games because of injury. One game compared to your excuses as to why Portland will lose more games then Dallas.

jimbobjarree
12-26-2009, 11:26 PM
if they win 60 with no center sure, he was amazing last night

blazerman
12-26-2009, 11:42 PM
I can't believe this joke is even comparing Oden to Howard.

Who is the Joke you? I bet if Portland would trade Oden and a filler for Howard you'd be saying how Dallas is guaranteed to win the title now (if he was healthy anyway. Then you'd talk smack about Howard

Ya know I wasnt trying to insult you or your team and at all, and then you start ripping on me over little petty things,now name calling, and act as if your the most knowledgeable on the Blazers and the Mavs, sorry but your far from it.

By the way the Mavs didnt impress me at all, I hope they do improve if they plan on knocking off the Lakers in the playoffs and like I said I'd pull for them if they ended up in the west finals against LA.

Im not gonna get baited into arguing with you.

Mavrix
12-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Who is the Joke you? I bet if Portland would trade Oden and a filler for Howard you'd be saying how Dallas is guaranteed to win the title now (if he was healthy anyway. Then you'd talk smack about Howard

Ya know I wasnt trying to insult you or your team and at all, and then you start ripping on me over little petty things,now name calling, and act as if your the most knowledgeable on the Blazers and the Mavs, sorry but your far from it.

By the way the Mavs didnt impress me at all, I hope they do improve if they plan on knocking off the Lakers in the playoffs and like I said I'd pull for them if they ended up in the west finals against LA.

Im not gonna get baited into arguing with you.Baiting into an argument? You're already in one.

Why would Dallas need Oden when they have a better rebounder (10 rpg) in Dampier and a center averaging 2 bpg? Oden is more comparable to Dampier than Howard. Oden may be a better overall player than Howard one day, but as of now Howard is a much more polished player on the offensive and defensive end. In fact Howard is pretty much what your team is lacking right now, a slashing SF that can score/rebound and create his own shot.

I don't have anything against the Blazers, all I said was that there was more players deserving than Roy even if the team were to win 55 games. Think of it what you may but it's my opinion. And like I've also said before, if you or anyone else in the west for that matter were to face LA in the playoffs I'd be rooting for them.

blazerman
12-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Then why would there be a significant difference in the mpg between Blake and Batum if he is such a great defender? Career year or not, the argument is focused around importance of each player when Batum was healthy.

Alright Batum was initially put in the starting lineup because Webster broke his foot and Outlaw provided a nice spark off the bench. Immediately Batum fit in with the starting unit but McMillian subbed like clockwork and wanted Outlaw to get minutes with both the first and second unit.

Blake logged big minutes because Rodriguez was terrible on D and comminted alot of turnovers and he didnt think Bayless was ready, so Blake had to play more minutes, well at least the way MacMillian saw it.

Furthermore Batum tore his labrum (shoulder) if you saw a Blazer game he always had icepacks in wrapping immediately following his exit from the game.
This is also why he logged fewer minutes in the playoffs. And he is the best defender on the team and is 10 times better than Blake.

Batum will be the starting 3 next season without question unless the Blazers deal for a bigger name, Webster should remain the starter this season because Batum will be rusty and will only have about 15 games to play when he returns late this season.

blazerman
12-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Baiting into an argument? You're already in one.

Why would Dallas need Oden when they have a better rebounder (10 rpg) in Dampier and a center averaging 2 bpg? Oden is more comparable to Dampier than Howard. Oden may be a better overall player than Howard one day, but as of now Howard is a much more polished player on the offensive and defensive end. In fact Howard is pretty much what your team is lacking right now, a slashing SF that can score/rebound and create his own shot.

I don't have anything against the Blazers, all I said was that there was more players deserving than Roy even if the team were to win 55 games. Think of it what you may but it's my opinion. And like I've also said before, if you or anyone else in the west for that matter were to face LA in the playoffs I'd be rooting for them.

Im already in one, whatever!

What is your deal with this Oden and Howard debate, Howard should be better at his position, how long has he been in the league compared to Oden (actual games played) and Oden is a ctr and Howard is a sf. I wouldnt mind Howard on the Blazers but he is gimpy like Oden and the rest of them and be wobdering when the next ankle problem will occur.

Bryrob58
12-27-2009, 12:14 AM
I guess he could win MVP if they won 60, but they wont win 60 so... He will have a shot at MVP down the road, but I don't think he's there yet. Once he is consistantly dropping 25 points with 6 and 6, then he will be there with Melo, Wade, LeBron, Paul, D-Will, Howard(?), Bosh, etc. I really like Roy as a player, but he is just a step below the top tier players for now.

JordansBulls
12-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I guess he could win MVP if they won 60, but they wont win 60 so... He will have a shot at MVP down the road, but I don't think he's there yet. Once he is consistantly dropping 25 points with 6 and 6, then he will be there with Melo, Wade, LeBron, Paul, D-Will, Howard(?), Bosh, etc. I really like Roy as a player, but he is just a step below the top tier players for now.

Well I doubt he has a chance to win it now. He hasn't been playing that well this year.

_Supreme_
12-27-2009, 10:20 AM
The NBA MVP is a worthless political award.

Even if he would deserve it, Brandon Roy does not stand a chance at winning it as long as the media can give it to a more marketable player in a bigger market city (aka they get more readers and $$$ that way).

That is how Chris Paul got so disgracefully robbed two seasons ago, and Roy will not win it for the same reasons. Not in Portland.

ldc62
12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
If any mediocre team wins 60. Then their best player should be in the MVP discussion.

TEXASTITAN
12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Without oden and pryz they won't win 60 games.

JayW_1023
12-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Brandon Roy is doing an excellent job carrying the team with all the injuries they have. The kid is money.

JayW_1023
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
That is how Chris Paul got so disgracefully robbed two seasons ago, and Roy will not win it for the same reasons. Not in Portland.

My sentiments. I don't get why Chris Paul isn't more popular. Kid's got it all. Charisma. Pizzazz. Competitive spirit. Great understanding of the game. Okay, so he doesn't have any tattoo's...