PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: "I'm very proud that the Timberwolves came to Spain to get me"

Hawkeye15
08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4433038

ok. So those that continue to be uneducated about this situation, and think that the reason Rubio hasn't come over is because he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, are you still confused???
This doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come over, but it clearly states, he has zero problems playing for the Wolves.
Sorry I had to start yet another Rubio thread, but the posts I have seen on this subject are annoying, and not correct, in any manner.

Iodine
08-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Now if only rubio was good this would be good news

but he wont be. Not trying to get on your nuts hawkeye your a cool poster

But my god people are on his nuts. Its not like hes freaking Chad "Buckwheat" Brooks

ink
08-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Hawkeye, I changed your title. I think it's a great idea to educate people about what Rubio is having to go through, but in general we don't want threads that start out by addressing "haters". Good article. I hope the Wolves work it out with Rubio's Spanish league club.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Hawkeye, I changed your title. I think it's a great idea to educate people about what Rubio is having to go through, but in general we don't want threads that start out by addressing "haters". Good article. I hope the Wolves work it out with Rubio's Spanish league club.

thanks dude, no worries.

johnnychan
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Ruuuuubbbbbbiiooooo

lakers4sho
08-30-2009, 10:52 PM
fxck the CBA for imposing the 500k limit that teams can spend on a buyout

WSU Tony
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
I thought he only wanted to play for the knicks? :shrug:

Don Starks
08-31-2009, 01:14 AM
I thought he only wanted to play for the knicks? :shrug:

why do you care so much about what knicks fans think about rubio? every thread that has to do with rubio you inevitably mention something about the knicks. are you really that sensitive about comments made by anonymous people on the internet?

If it is his priority to go to the NBA, why doesn’t he just do it? I mean, the buyout is not the hold up here, it’s Rubio’s willingness to sign a deal and commit to living and playing in Minnesota for the foreseeable future, is it not?

ChiSox219
08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
I would be angry as well, if I were a Knicks fan

robdizzle3
08-31-2009, 02:24 AM
I dont think that Rubio really wanted to play for the Wolves,but the fact that they were willing to go to Spain for him to see what could be done about his cotract,shows Rubio that they care and that probably changed his mind about them

LA_Raiders
08-31-2009, 02:27 AM
At 19yrs I dont think he really cares where to play, he just want to play...give the kid a damn break already....

SeeMeSawYou
08-31-2009, 02:34 AM
I would be angry as well, if I were a Knicks fan

haha as would I

blazerman
08-31-2009, 02:35 AM
It would be nice to see a resolution to this saga.

WSU Tony
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
why do you care so much about what knicks fans think about rubio? every thread that has to do with rubio you inevitably mention something about the knicks. are you really that sensitive about comments made by anonymous people on the internet?

If it is his priority to go to the NBA, why doesnít he just do it? I mean, the buyout is not the hold up here, itís Rubioís willingness to sign a deal and commit to living and playing in Minnesota for the foreseeable future, is it not?

Not really, considering you STILL don't understand the situation..... :laugh:

king4day
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
I really don't get what the Wolves could possibly do here. They can only offer him 500k. What else is there to talk about. Are they coming to visit him to tell him that Nike or Adidas want him to wear their shoes and headbands? That's really the only way he's coming to the US this year.

Tom2634
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM

If it is his priority to go to the NBA, why doesnít he just do it? I mean, the buyout is not the hold up here, itís Rubioís willingness to sign a deal and commit to living and playing in Minnesota for the foreseeable future, is it not?

...no, it is not. Why post if you haven't followed the situation at ALL? All we've heard and every news report about Rubio has said that the buyout is the only holdup.

I really don't get what the Wolves could possibly do here. They can only offer him 500k. What else is there to talk about. Are they coming to visit him to tell him that Nike or Adidas want him to wear their shoes and headbands? That's really the only way he's coming to the US this year.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/56260402.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiD3aPc: _Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

On the front page when you click NBA at the top. Kahn is offering exhibition games with the profit going to DKV, as well as money from endorsements. They also might offer to buy out Henk Norel (ideally for the max of 500,000), a DKV forward they drafted in the 2nd round just to throw some more money at them.

DetroitRipCity
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM
It would be nice to see a resolution to this saga.

that it would sir espcially because i dont think he is going to live up to all the hype

Oefarmy2005
08-31-2009, 12:20 PM
that it would sir espcially because i dont think he is going to live up to all the hype

Me neither, so that's why we have FLYNN!!!

BaustinSali08
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
This is good for the league. It would suck to have drafted a player in the first round and then leave for 3 years....If he does sign with the wolves I hope he becomes a great superstar.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2009, 12:26 PM

Rubio will have to pay a certain amount from his salary. The Wolves drafted a guy in rd 2 from the same team, and could pay his buyout as well, freeing him from Joventut (a wise move made by Kahn that nobody recognized). Endorsements are already lined up for Rubio in Mineapolis. The Wolves will play exhibition games with Joventut both in Spain, and stateside, with revenue going towards Joventut.
There are creative ways to get him, and luckily Kahn appears to be a very smart financial guy, and that is the only reason chances are still good Rubio comes over this season.

azkarraga
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Ive always said he's coming. And i keep it. Even more if he's said something about where he wanna play. So far everybody was speaking but him. So im pretty sure if he says he wants to come over, hell come over.

Missing56&33
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4433038

ok. So those that continue to be uneducated about this situation, and think that the reason Rubio hasn't come over is because he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, are you still confused???
This doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come over, but it clearly states, he has zero problems playing for the Wolves.
Sorry I had to start yet another Rubio thread, but the posts I have seen on this subject are annoying, and not correct, in any manner.

trust me he doesn't want to play for the Wolves....no marketability there.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2009, 12:58 PM

go away

azkarraga
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM

nonsense.

by the way, is true the knicks wanna swap lee for rudy now?

ink
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM

Could Knicks fans kindly respect the thread and leave their team out of the discussion? The article never mentions the Knicks so they're irrelevant to this topic. If you start fighting about the Knicks in this thread, your post will be deleted as off-topic.

blastmasta26
08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Why do some Knick fans come here and make the rest of us look bad? I want to see Rubio play in the NBA and see if he is the real deal. T-Wolves drafted Rubio, they don't deserve to get screwed over because of some stupid contract buyout. And the rule that only allows teams to pay $500k needs to go. Minny should be allowed to pay a couple mil to get a better chance at Rubio.

Sport
08-31-2009, 03:32 PM
I dont think that Rubio really wanted to play for the Wolves,but the fact that they were willing to go to Spain for him to see what could be done about his cotract,shows Rubio that they care and that probably changed his mind about them

I highly doubt that's it.

Did you watch the draft coverage. He was all smiles when it was announced that the Wolves selected him with the 5th overall pick.

Sport
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM

Trust you?

Are you Ricky Rubio... or his father? His sister? Mother? Grandma? Sorry, I don't trust what some random jealous Knick fan says.

Just seen INK's post. Delete it if you feel necessary, but I'm done on the Knick situation.

deuces
08-31-2009, 03:53 PM
i prefer role playing to first person shooters
i read a lot of blogs, all about computers

KnicksR4Real
08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
No one cares about rubio!

Look at my sig!

boeknows
09-01-2009, 01:40 AM
No one cares about rubio!

Look at my sig!

Yeah thats why u were coming into our forum all the time talking about him.