PDA

View Full Version : Trades

boilerguy2412
08-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Why are guys like Camp,Barjas, Inglett, Chavez, Bautista, possiable Overbay still on this team JP should have traded these guys so we could get not only some playing time for Arenciba but some other guys down in the minors. I for one want Buck Coates up here. He can play a bunch of diffrent positions and he has had a good year. Ruiz has hit well since be called up and i don't get why this guys are still around. WE could use some spec even if there low A it doesn't matter we need to build the farm up a bit with some hitters. I am sure there are teams out there that could use a decent cathcer and some utlity guy's. I always liked what team like the A's Twins, Marlines did they would trade guys like this in Augest and get something for nothing really

Gibby
08-29-2009, 01:49 PM
You expect JPA to do better than Barajas and Chavez. Lets not forget JPA is hitting below 230 in triple a. Lets say if JPA comes up and he stinks and we traded our catcher. What do we do now?

Your dont trade away everyday players to give minor leaguers a chance. You can give them a chance, without trading other players. If they shows they can play in the mlb, then trade other players.

boilerguy2412
08-29-2009, 02:13 PM
no i am not expecting him to do better but why not put him in there i think we all expect him to be on the big club next year at least by the middle of the season. Why not get him some playing time. I don't really see Chavez or Barajas around here next year

marcre
08-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Some of those guys you listed, no one wants them. Barajas and Chavez need to stay here. Our catchers in the minors haven't proven that they can do it at that level let alone the majors.

Gibby
08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
no i am not expecting him to do better but why not put him in there i think we all expect him to be on the big club next year at least by the middle of the season. Why not get him some playing time. I don't really see Chavez or Barajas around here next year

i have nothing against giving him playing time but why do we need to trade Barajas and Chavez?

also you can make the argument he is struggling at triple a. if he is hitting the lights out in triple a then i dont mind.

Halladay
08-29-2009, 03:47 PM
People need to remember when talking about trades that when you create a hole, you need to fill it. Okay so we trade away both catchers then what? bring up a struggling prospect who will only struggle more? doesn't make sense.

ramz.n
08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
its probably because JP's asking price is too high..if thats not the case than noone wants them.

boilerguy2412
08-29-2009, 05:17 PM
People need to remember when talking about trades that when you create a hole, you need to fill it. Okay so we trade away both catchers then what? bring up a struggling prospect who will only struggle more? doesn't make sense.

OK yeah i get that you are 100% right but there has to be a team out there that would want Rod the Bod Barajas. He would be great insurance for a team like the Giants or Dodgers or some team that is fighting for a spot. With the numbers that our young hitters have been puting up in the minors i am getting worried that we will not have to talent to call guys up. JPA has been doing a little better lately from what Wilner says but our other specs have been doing terriable. I just would like to bring in some more young bats. Plus i think a guy like JPA could learn alot of Gaston- Tenace. They helped Lind alot and Hill. I know it's easier to get hitting then pitching put we really need some more depth. That's why i thought these guys would be gone for sure.

Spiderdan22
08-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Rod the Bod Barajas

Careful...there is only one Rod the Bod...and his last name is Stewart!

I have an idea to put fans into what should be called Roger's Skydome...just like the Dog Day and Flashback Friday...the Jays should have Firing Squad Day...with a real firing squad at the pitcher's mound and JP blindfolded at home plate...I think it would be a sellout...the following week bring in Wells...or former Jays such as David Eckstien...AJ Burnette...if enough of these days are successful...perhaps the Jays will have enough money to spend on salary...

Gibby
08-30-2009, 01:20 AM
OK yeah i get that you are 100% right but there has to be a team out there that would want Rod the Bod Barajas. He would be great insurance for a team like the Giants or Dodgers or some team that is fighting for a spot. With the numbers that our young hitters have been puting up in the minors i am getting worried that we will not have to talent to call guys up. JPA has been doing a little better lately from what Wilner says but our other specs have been doing terriable. I just would like to bring in some more young bats. Plus i think a guy like JPA could learn alot of Gaston- Tenace. They helped Lind alot and Hill. I know it's easier to get hitting then pitching put we really need some more depth. That's why i thought these guys would be gone for sure.

the trade deadline is over players would have to clear waivers. i doubt if a team claims, then jays ask for a trade, that teams would do it because 1 month of rod barajas is not worth much.

Rod barajas is a type b free agent. the draft pick is worth alot more than what any team would give up.

you dont bring a player just for sake of giving him time, if he is not ready. say you bring JPA up and he blows. then do you continue to play him because you have no other options. That will negatively impact a players devlopement.

T.O. Fan
08-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Rod barajas is a type b free agent. the draft pick is worth alot more than what any team would give up

Exactly

donatolla
08-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Hmmm...another "Fire 'em all! They Suck!" thread.

*sigh*

Zaunnie
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM

*sigh*

:facepalm: time?

boilerguy2412
08-30-2009, 03:55 PM

*sigh*

i don't think anyone said anybody sucks or we should fire them.

blujaysrock
08-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I bet JP doesn't do anything to get us a power bat because he will probably expect 30+ homeruns from Hill next year which I really don't see happening.

marcre
08-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I bet JP doesn't do anything to get us a power bat because he will probably expect 30+ homeruns from Hill next year which I really don't see happening.

hopefully JP isn't working for the Jays and that decision is made by someone else.

jaysfan55
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
JPA wont be here until 2011 or at the earliest late 2010. He is not MLB ready... another year in AAA will do him wonders. Barajas isn't a bad catcher. He needs to be re-signed for one more year. If they want to take a chance on a rookie go with Phillips.