PDA

View Full Version : Stephen jax wants a trade and to play for...

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 06:54 PM
http://dimemag.com/2009/08/breaking-news-stephen-jackson-wants-out-of-golden-state/

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN H-TOWN.

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Come to Dallas baby!!!

Lakers4ItAll
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM
hate when people just post links, post the ****ing story

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
is it that hard to click on a damn link?!?!!?

MiamiHeat
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Come to Dallas baby!!!

why in the hell would Dallas want to trade for him?:confused:

NYtilIdie
08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
It would be cool to see Jax in Clev, but Lebron plays the 3 and with West playing the 2 and their stacked bench I don't see him or West coming off the bench. Now thats unless West isn't involved in the deal.

West/Z (filler) for Jax? highly unlikely, but you never know.

Im not sure how many years are left on his contract, but if its past 2010 Donnie isn't going to be interested.

Houston seems unlikely too since they got Ariza at the 3, but if they trade T-Mac (which is whats most likely going to happen) then I can see him going to Houston.

KnickaBockas
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
his contract will b hard to move tho

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
def cannot see the Z getting shipped to GSW. don nelson would kill himself

i could def see a tmac for jax trade tho definately. monta curry tmac might give you 70 a night.

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
knicks LOVE those contracts

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 07:07 PM

C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:08 PM
nah forget howard.. ill take jax. he's an upgrade and now u got 2 defenders on ur team shutting the opposing 2-4's down

MiamiHeat
08-28-2009, 07:10 PM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
mad interesting tho.. people really hate playing for don nelson after like 2 years.. bc they realize YOU AINT WINNING ANY RINGS if u playing nellie ball

Chronz
08-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Houston is too smart to trade for him, Tmac on one leg is a similar player and his contract ends this year.

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Booz for SJax!!!

ctitus45
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM

because he is exactly what they need. a tall sg/sf who is athletic enough to guard and play 3 positions. He can also hit 3's which is something Dallas has been trying to add to their lineup all summer.

Lone Maverick
08-28-2009, 07:32 PM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

As a fellow Dallas fan we know Dirk isn't going to play center full time. Nix that idea.

I wouldn't mind him in Dallas but where would he play? JET would almost HAVE to be moved and then theres the issue of will Jackson want to come off the bench, Marion and Howard sure wouldn't. I doubt he ends up a Maverick.

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:33 PM
tmac on one leg is better than 96% of the league..

all ya haters will eat fat **** when he's back lol

saw 5,6 videos of him workin out with rehab god tim grover.

tmac is jumpin out the building again. shots droppin like the dow jones. man on a mission.

Lone Maverick
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
because he is exactly what they need. a tall sg/sf who is athletic enough to guard and play 3 positions. He can also hit 3's which is something Dallas has been trying to add to their lineup all summer.

That and a center........:rolleyes:

NYCZSAGE
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
if i were the spurs.. trade r jeff for s jax lol

lakers4sho
08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

This isn't the fantasy world, you have to give up a couple of those players to land Jackson.

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 08:02 PM
booz for sjax+turiaf!!!

Derick713
08-28-2009, 08:04 PM
It would be cool to see Jax in Clev, but Lebron plays the 3 and with West playing the 2 and their stacked bench I don't see him or West coming off the bench. Now thats unless West isn't involved in the deal.

West/Z (filler) for Jax? highly unlikely, but you never know.

Im not sure how many years are left on his contract, but if its past 2010 Donnie isn't going to be interested.

Houston seems unlikely too since they got Ariza at the 3, but if they trade T-Mac (which is whats most likely going to happen) then I can see him going to Houston.

SEEMS LIKE A MOVE TO COMPLETE A TITLE TEAM- Jackson gives the Cavs another good defender to stay in front of Bryant, Pirece, and Jefferson.

Maurice Williams/Delonte West
Stephen Jackson/Anthony Parker
LeBron James/Jamario Moon

Derick713
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM
The Cavs need to make this move. They need someone like Stephen Jackson. The Cavs have the expiring contracts and talent to get him.

Shady66
08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
The cavs dont need him, theyv already done enough this offseason

JordansBulls
08-28-2009, 08:15 PM
He should go to Cleveland.

Reyes6
08-28-2009, 08:20 PM
He should go back to Indiana and scare the white out of them.

NYtilIdie
08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Unless West is included in the deal it won't work out.

Although a line-up of
Mo
Jax
Lebron
Varejo
Shaq

does look nice

RocketsRule
08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I hate to see him in Houston. He wouldn't fit in the direction we are heading at all. Cleveland would be a nice fit, as Shaq and Lebron would be able to keep him in place.

TO Rapz
08-28-2009, 08:31 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 08:44 PM
This isn't the fantasy world, you have to give up a couple of those players to land Jackson.
3 words - Big expiring contracts.

FlawlessKB24
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Clippers

nYk_wAy
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Surprised no one laughed at him saying he wants to win a ring, yet putting NY as one of the places he wants to be.

ko8e24
08-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Here is the story

On this rainy and dreary day in New York City this afternoon, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington were at South Street Seaport for a block party put on by their sneaker company Protege. One of the MCs at the event asked Stack Jack in front of the crowd whether he thought the Warriors were going to make the playoffs. Jackson paused then smiled before responding, “Um…I don’t think I’ll be a Warrior next year. I’m looking to leave.”

Harrington, who was standing beside Jackson, was gleaming with joy at this statement. As you all know, the two were teammates with each other for the Warriors and Harrington left on bad terms with the team - particularly Don Nelson. I asked Harrington if Jackson’s statement shocked him. He laughed then responded, “No I wasn’t surprised. We talk all the time so I knew already. Honestly sometimes you need a change and I hope this change is to come out to New York - that would be nice.”

After they posed for pictures with fans, I was able to ask Jackson more about his bold statement.

Dime: You made a big declaration earlier today by saying you wanted out of Golden State. When did you decide this?
Stephen Jackson: It’s not about a decision I made. It’s just things are in the air right now. I really can’t get too much into it right now, but I’m just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship.

Dime: Are the Warriors aware of this?
SJ: Yeah they all know.

Dime: Is there anywhere specifically you want to go?
SJ: Either Cleveland, anywhere in Texas or out here with Al in New York.

Dime: So what have you been up to this offseason?
SJ: I have a foundation. I opened a school, The Stephen Jackson academy in my hometown so that’s the big thing I’ve been doing this summer. I had my second annual foundation banquet. So it’s been a great summer for me, I got married this summer, so God has been good to me.

Dime: You look a lot bigger and stronger. Who’s been training you?
SJ: Well, basically I’ve been a lot with Monta Ellis a lot. I just play all year ’round, that’s the biggest thing with me. I really don’t do too much. One-on-one, working out with guys and running up hills, stuff like that I just play basketball. You know and it keeps me in shape. I love the game so I respect it.

Dime: Speaking of Monta, do you think he can play in the same backcourt with Stephen Curry?
SJ: I think so, because Curry’s more of an off guard and Monta is more of a point guard. But the way Don Nelson coaches and that style of play - anybody can fit in. Especially a shooter like Stephen Curry. So he’ll be fine.

Dime: Did you like being in Nellie’s system?
SJ: I loved it. It gave me a chance to show everything I could do on the court. It was great for me, but at this point, I’m 31 years old. I have four or five years left, I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that’s where my mind is at now.

Shady66
08-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Whatta loser, all good SGs that demand trades are babys...

smith&wesson
08-28-2009, 09:06 PM
mo will
jackson
lerbon
z
shaq

crazy.

of the bench

gibs
west
parker
powell
varegao

crazy

Jumba
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
mo will
jackson
lerbon
z
shaq

crazy.

of the bench

gibs
west
parker
powell
varegao

crazy

Powell = Powe
Varegao = Varejao

TheKing23
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I would like him at Cleveland but we'd have an immense logjam at the 2:

Delonte West
Anthony Parker
Stephen Jackson
Daniel Gibson

Any trade for him would probably involve Delonte/Boobie and Z which would free up some minutes in the guard rotation but even so, we would be mighty stacked if this went through.

PG: Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson
SG: Stephen Jackson/Anthony Parker
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Anderson Varejao/Leon Powe
C: Shaquille O'Neal/J.J Hickson (?)

I would love to keep Delonte, he gives everything and is a great locker room guy, but I could see him being involved in a trade... If Ferry managed to get him for Boobie, Z and a second rounder, he would be a god. Z takes a buyout and resigns for the Vet Min :pray:

People would still find some way of saying the Cavs are still only the third best team in the East and fifth overall after LA, Boston, Orlando and San Antonio though.

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Cleveland would be stupid to trade big Z for Jackson...big Z has a nice expiring contract and is still a serviceable center

djeller1139
08-28-2009, 09:35 PM
All you guys are saying "I'd love Stephen Jackson! Throw him in between player X, Y, and Z and we'll be a contender!" but not one of you guys has mentioned a legitimate trade because you fail to mention who you will give up, and if you do, it's not really anything near fair.

djeller1139
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Cleveland would be stupid to trade big Z for Jackson...big Z has a nice expiring contract and is still a serviceable center

Why the **** would we want 'Z'. Be realistic. Warriors will not trade for him. If/when they trade Jackson they will get talent in return.

TheKing23
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
All you guys are saying "I'd love Stephen Jackson! Throw him in between player X, Y, and Z and we'll be a contender!" but not one of you guys has mentioned a legitimate trade because you fail to mention who you will give up, and if you do, it's not really anything near fair.

I think Delonte, Big Z and a second rounder is more than fair.
An $11 million expiring with Z and a multi-talented, young combo guard. If anything that's too much, replacing Delonte with Boobie seems more fair. Boobie would fit in nicely with GSW, shooting three's in transition.

Tulanehockey
08-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Bulls would love to get him. Jerome James and Taj Gibson for Stephen Jackson.

Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Jackson
Deng/Jackson
Tyrus/Johnson
Noah/Miller

Public Enemy #1
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM
You Cleveland fans are sounding like Laker fans. Why the hell would the Warriors want Z? The dude isn't that good, we have Biedrins anyways. Cleveland doesn't have anything that the Warriors could use besides Lebron. haha. We don't need Delonte, cause we have Ellis and Morrow. We don't need a flopper aka Varajeo. Its pointless to talk about this trade because it isn't going to happen. Jackson says he wants to leave but the Warriors won't give him up for just anybody.

djeller1139
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
You Cleveland fans are sounding like Laker fans. Why the hell would the Warriors want Z? The dude isn't that good, we have Biedrins anyways. Cleveland doesn't have anything that the Warriors could use besides Lebron. haha. We don't need Delonte, cause we have Ellis and Morrow. We don't need a flopper aka Varajeo. Its pointless to talk about this trade because it isn't going to happen. Jackson says he wants to leave but the Warriors won't give him up for just anybody.

Exactly. If we trade him we're going to get a young and/or talented SF or PF in return hopefully. The Warriors won't just trade their captain for a few mediocre players that won't help them win now.

Tulanehockey
08-28-2009, 09:46 PM
The Warriors need financial relief and Jackson's contract has 4 years left on it. If he gets traded, it is for expirings and honestly, with Jackson's history, it's expirings alone.

johnnychan
08-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Josh Howard?

dre1990
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
He was straight up and polite bout being traded, and gave respect to GS, and said he loved playing there. dont see no problem. Can you imagine him on SA :speechless:

Reyes6
08-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Well Rockets can offer Landry+Cook for Jackson but they need big men... so it would probably look more like Landry+Cook for... Ok looks like GSW have no expendable big men. So basically it would be Landry+Cook+2nd round pick for Jackson if Houston were to put an offer on the table. But I doubt they would, considering they have a SG/SF combo already.

Reyes6
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
He was straight up and polite bout being traded, and gave respect to GS, and said he loved playing there. dont see no problem. Can you imagine him on SA

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvdmd6
LOL- Good deal.

MiamiHeat
08-28-2009, 10:04 PM

:laugh2:

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 10:10 PM

yeah, I did twice

Carlos Boozer for Stephen Jackson/Turiaf

you get your big man star scorer and expiring and we get a shooter and some post defense

Reyes6
08-28-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah, I did twice

Carlos Boozer for Stephen Jackson/Turiaf

you get your big man star scorer and expiring and we get a shooter and some post defense

So you're a British Mormon?

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 10:15 PM
no, I'm god

Reyes6
08-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Trust me, God is NOT a Jazz fan.

IversonIsKrazy
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Cleveland wouldnt be good, they got LeBron, West, Parker, Moon and I think sum1 else as well.

NY wont want his contract.

And the Texan teams: Dallas already have Marion/Howard/Terry in the 2/3 guard spots.
Spurs: They got Mason/Manu/RJ/Finley in the 2/3 guard spots, and wont want a 31-year old player.
Rockets: Maybee. If Houston can get him w/o giving away T-mac, that would be good, but i dont think Houston wants a star this season, i think there throwing away their season so they can let their young core become really good players.

Out of the teams he listed, there really isnt a good chance of that happening. I would really really like him for Toronto though!! Belleneli + Wright + Ukic + 2010 second rounder.

PG: Jose/Jack
SG: Jax/DeRozan
SF: Hedo/Joey
PF: CB4/Evans
C: Bargs/Rasho

Man is that a kraz-e dream line-up.

Sports Illustrator
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Stephen Jackson would do well in NY, but his contract over exceeds 2010. I imagine seeing him coming to NY only if the Knicks are able to dump the contracts of Eddy Curry and/or Jared Jeffries.

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Trust me, God is NOT a Jazz fan.

depends which one...

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Cleveland wouldnt be good, they got LeBron, West, Parker, Moon and I think sum1 else as well.

And the Texan teams: Dallas already have Marion/Howard/Terry in the 2/3 guard spots.
Spurs: They got Mason/Manu/RJ/Finley in the 2/3 guard spots, and wont want a 31-year old player.
Rockets: Maybee. If Houston can get him w/o giving away T-mac, that would be good, but i dont think Houston wants a star this season, i think there throwing away their season so they can let their young core become really good players.

Out of the teams he listed, there really isnt a good chance of that happening. I would really really like him for Toronto though!! Belleneli + Wright + Ukic + 2010 second rounder.

Toronto aint taking in Jackson when they just got Hedo and his huge contract to go along with him. They probably want to develop DeRozan and Jackson's contract is to big if they plan on re-signing Bosh.

deuces
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM

lol why would we trade belleneli back to GS?:facepalm:theres a reason why they traded him. and we already traded ukic to the bucks.

nbaguy123
08-28-2009, 10:57 PM
lol, if he wants to be on a contender why go to new york

Raps18-19 Champ
08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Nice lineup for the Cavs if he goes there. Could be for Ilgauskis because of expiring.

C-Shaq, Powe, Jackson
PF-Varajao, Moon, Hickson
SF-Lebron, Parker, Green
SG-Jackson, West
PG-Williams, Gibson

theimortalone
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM

Haha that is what I was thinking.

patsfan32
08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
not sure if i would want jackson on my squad.
he keeps both teams in the game.
doesnt play much defense, doesnt seem like a team guy, only passes it when he can get an assist out of it.

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Why the **** would we want 'Z'. Be realistic. Warriors will not trade for him. If/when they trade Jackson they will get talent in return.

Uh 11 million dollar expiring contract you can use on next years sexy free agent crop?

DenButsu
08-28-2009, 11:29 PM
depends which one...

If by "depends which one" you mean it depends if we're talking about jazz music or the Utah Jazz, then a fan of the former? Almost definitely. A fan of the latter? No way in hell.

blah-blah
08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
more like

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Marcus Banks
Quincy Douby
Patrick O'Bryant
Trade Exception

Golden State Warriors Trade:

Stephen Jackson

Raptors resign joey graham rest of MLE 1.4m/1yr
Raptors Lineup

Bargnani/Nesterovic
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/Derozan/Graham
Jackson/Wright/Belinelli/Weems
Calderon/Jack

theres been rumors of him coming to toronto you never know

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-29-2009, 12:25 AM
more like

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Marcus Banks
Quincy Douby
Patrick O'Bryant
Trade Exception

Stephen Jackson

Raptors Lineup

Bargnani/Nesterovic
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/Derozan/Graham
Calderon/Jack

OK, then we trade Morrison, Farmar and Vujacic for Lebron and Mbenga, Powell and Walton for Wade!

Lineup
PG:Fisher/Brown
SG:Kobe/Wade
SF:Lebron/Artest
PF:Gasol/Odom
C:Bynum

:drool:

fairandbalanced
08-29-2009, 12:36 AM
One thing I have learnt about players seeking a trade, and then naming his prefered destinations...is most likely trying to diminish his chances of going to those teams. Jax named teams he prob don't wanna be on. lol

Vinny642
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Peja and Daniels for Him!!

blah-blah
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
OK, then we trade Morrison, Farmar and Vujacic for Lebron and Mbenga, Powell and Walton for Wade!

Lineup

to bad all those players u listed are useless and have long bad contracts and on top of that your receiving two superstars. when the raptors are trading 2 expiring contracts and a 4m expiring from 2 years from now and also a massive trade exception. clearing up a lot of space for the warriors when there trying to rebuild. :eyebrow:

danbuc0101
08-29-2009, 01:03 AM
more like

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Marcus Banks
Quincy Douby
Patrick O'Bryant
Trade Exception

Stephen Jackson

Raptors Lineup

Bargnani/Nesterovic
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Turkoglu/Derozan/Graham
Calderon/Jack

Theres nothing else to say other then, your a ****ing idiot.

lorenz00
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
why not in NYK he will fit perfect

cbs134679
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
The warriors aren't going to trade him just because he wants too, they never even traded pietris after he told the warriors too.

lorenz00
08-29-2009, 01:12 AM

i believe its because of AL harrington

NYCZSAGE
08-29-2009, 01:29 AM
trade pietrus and reddick for him. GG

NYCZSAGE
08-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Tmaccccccccc

Illuminati999
08-29-2009, 01:35 AM

Not really. Matt Carroll and the Buck Shot should do the trick. But I don't necessarily think I would do it. Maybe, not sure. And that's all I think I'd be willing to give up for him. The salaries will match up.

If he doesn't mind being back-up on 3 positions, SG, SF, PF, then I would do it. It would be a lethal Dallas bench.

PG: Kidd - Barea - Terry
SG: Howard - Terry - Jackson
SF: Marion - Howard - Jackson - Thomas
PF: Nowitzki - Marion - Thomas - Gooden
C : Dampier - Gooden

It wouldn't be worth it for GS though. They prize their inefficient captain way too much.

what54!?
08-29-2009, 01:49 AM
well since nellie loves him, he's stuck in G.S.

FrankRizzo
08-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Stay away from Sac please

K.R.
08-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Don't worry, he wants to win.

Mavrix
08-29-2009, 02:42 AM

Lineup

Wade would start at PG over Fisher buddy.

FrankRizzo
08-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Don't worry, he wants to win.

Funny guy

WhiteSoxGod
08-29-2009, 03:09 AM
Booz for SJax!!!

Nah he's not a mormon so he wouldn't want to play in Utah...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-29-2009, 03:38 AM
to bad all those players u listed are useless and have long bad contracts and on top of that your receiving two superstars. when the raptors are trading 2 expiring contracts and a 4m expiring from 2 years from now and also a massive trade exception. clearing up a lot of space for the warriors when there trying to rebuild. :eyebrow:

Morrison's and Farmar's are both expiring contracts

Theres nothing else to say other then, your a ****ing idiot.

Agreed

Wade would start at PG over Fisher buddy.

He's not a point guard!

zambo4president
08-29-2009, 03:42 AM
I love Jax, hes such a beast.

zambo4president
08-29-2009, 03:43 AM

They wud certainly frown on Jax`s antics.

zambo4president
08-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Funny guy

I laughed really hard actually.

DitchDat
08-29-2009, 07:02 AM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

lol like it would be beneficial to play Nowitzki at the 5.
Marion at the 4 full-time wouldn't work also.
IF Jax ended up in Dallas, either Marion, Howard or he would have to come off the bench. They're all swingmen, with Marion able to play the 4 for short stretches.

The_Mac22
08-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Jackson for Boozer:pray:

jimbobjarree
08-29-2009, 07:38 AM

ohh my goddd, round of applause everyone, for the funnyest man on PSD!

pure comedy genius right there, not one flaw in that statement

Jackson for Boozer:pray:

I'm with ya on that if we got Jackson

KnicksR4Real
08-29-2009, 08:17 AM
One word contract

oh yeah and then there is his attitude

#1Mavericksfan
08-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Well since he said a Texas team then I think the Mavs need to make a play for Jackson, the Mavs have the most to offer Golden State than the Cavs, Rockets, Spurs, so maybe the Mavs could get Jack.

jimbobjarree
08-29-2009, 08:41 AM
yeah but its up to Golden State where they send him, not SJax

GAWDtv
08-29-2009, 10:01 AM
SJax to Toronto for Jose, BElinnelli.

Tom81
08-29-2009, 10:50 AM
if he want a ring ,for sure he will not get it with NY,and Houston

raptor fan
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
if the warriors trade him, their going to want expirings/picks. that's why i think houston/dallas is the best place for him:

Brent Barry + Brian Cook + Chuck Hayes + 1st rounder in 2010 for Stephen Jackson
or
Greg Buckner + Shawne Williams + 1st rounder in 2010 for Stephen Jackson

I think the houston deal would be better for jackson and the warriors, just because there is a better chance of jackson getting more minutes in houston, seeing how t-mac is injury prone. in dallas, he would have to play behind howard and marion.

Dallas:

PG: Kidd
SG: Howard
SF: Marion/Jackson
PF: Nowitzki
C: Dampier

Houston:

PG: Brooks
SG: T-mac
SF: Ariza/Jackson
PF: Scola
C: Anderson

Statik1
08-29-2009, 12:37 PM
if he want a ring ,for sure he will not get it with NY,and Houston

:laugh: best post in this entire thread!

B2B
08-29-2009, 12:38 PM

{S&T David Lee 7-8mil 8% increases & Jeffries 6.5mil} 13mil

for

{S.Jax 7.5mil & Claxton 5.2mil (exp)} 12.7mil

S.Jax salary replaces Jeffries so Knicks aren't adding additional salary + they get return on D.Lee

GS get a PF who can rebound, play uptempo & shorten S.Jax 4y contract.

RaiderLakersA's
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Why the hell would the Warriors want Z? The dude isn't that good, we have Biedrins anyways. Cleveland doesn't have anything that the Warriors could use besides Lebron. haha. We don't need Delonte, cause we have Ellis and Morrow. We don't need a flopper aka Varajeo. Its pointless to talk about this trade because it isn't going to happen. Jackson says he wants to leave but the Warriors won't give him up for just anybody.

AGREE. Yet another player demanding something imprudent that would likely diminish the team that he hopes to be traded to, thus potentially ruining his championship hopes.

The Warriors weren't that far from competing again. Personally I think they need to send Nelly out to pasture and get Jeff Van Gundy, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Tom81
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
:laugh: best post in this entire thread!

i know :cool:

WestCoastPhan
08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
AGREE. Yet another player demanding something imprudent that would likely diminish the team that he hopes to be traded to, thus potentially ruining his championship hopes.

The Warriors weren't that far from competing again. Personally I think they need to send Nelly out to pasture and get Jeff Van Gundy, but I doubt that would ever happen.

id be coo with that

ko8e24
08-29-2009, 01:24 PM
stephen jax to the clippers!!!! that team would be awesome! then they definitely would be in playoff contention.

Mavrix
08-29-2009, 01:56 PM
lol like it would be beneficial to play Nowitzki at the 5.
Marion at the 4 full-time wouldn't work also.
IF Jax ended up in Dallas, either Marion, Howard or he would have to come off the bench. They're all swingmen, with Marion able to play the 4 for short stretches.

Marion played almost all his minutes at the 4 in Phoenix when Amare played center.

K.R.
08-29-2009, 01:58 PM
if the warriors trade him, their going to want expirings/picks. that's why i think houston/dallas is the best place for him:

Brent Barry + Brian Cook + Chuck Hayes + 1st rounder in 2010 for Stephen Jackson
or
Greg Buckner + Shawne Williams + 1st rounder in 2010 for Stephen Jackson

I think the houston deal would be better for jackson and the warriors, just because there is a better chance of jackson getting more minutes in houston, seeing how t-mac is injury prone. in dallas, he would have to play behind howard and marion.

Dallas:

PG: Kidd
SG: Howard
SF: Marion/Jackson
PF: Nowitzki
C: Dampier

Houston:

PG: Brooks
SG: T-mac
SF: Ariza/Jackson
PF: Scola
C: Anderson

Not our Pick!

Mavrix
08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Dallas can experiment with either starting Howard or Jackson at the 2 and have either one of them backing up Marion at the 3 and have Terry come off the bench to play the majority of the minuets at the 2 and some at the 1 behind Kidd.

king4day
08-29-2009, 02:24 PM
is it that hard to click on a damn link?!?!!?

You want to put part of the story in because you'll get spammers on here from time to time that just post a link to a bogus story and it leads to porn sites, malware, or other forums.

king4day
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM

Agreed. It's silly for anyone to think the Cavs have a shot at him.
Since it's the player that wants out, the GS brass aren't going to get lowballed. I don't see anyone getting him beyond maybe Dallas for a package around Howard.

AlexTmz2
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
He should come back to SA.

The_Mac22
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
He should come back to SA.

Give us Tim Duncan:)

JOSKOMANG4
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
1. Miami trades Q. Richardson and 2010 2nd rd pick to G. State Warriors for S. Jackson

- Hey, He's been traded four times already; a 5th time wouldn't hurt. It would also help the Warriors will salary cap space in 2010.

C: Jermaine O'Neal/Jamaal Magloire/Joel Anthony
PF: Udonis Haslem/Michael Beasley/Robert Dozier
SF: Stephen Jackson/James Jones/Dorell Wright
SG: Dwyane Wade/Daequan Cook/Yakhouba Diawara
PG: Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn

2. Warriors acquire SG Tracy Mcgrady, PG Aaron Brooks and 2010 1st rd pick from Houston in exchange for PG Monta Ellis, SF STephen Jackson, and PG AC Law.

- Jackson gets his wish to play in Houston. Monta Ellis hopes to rebound after his hurrendous 1st season w/ his new contract. Can't go wrong with T-mac and a 1st rd pick.

* Yao: out for season.

C: Luis Scola/David Andersen/Pops Mensa-Bonsu/Joey Dorsey
PF: Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry/Brian Cook
SF: Stephen Jackson/Shane Battier/Chase Budinger
SG: Trevor Ariza /Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor
PG: Monta Ellis/Kyle Lowry/ AC Law

Warriors:

C: Andris Biedrins/Ronny Turiaf
PF: Brandon Wright/Antohny Randolph
SF: Corey Maggette/Kelenna Azubuike/Devean George
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/ Stephen Curry/Anthony Morrow
PG: Aaron Brooks/Speedy Claxton

3. Magic acquire SF Stephen Jackson from Warriors in exchange for PF Ryan Anderson(cal native) and SF/SG Mikael Pietrus

C: Andris Biedrins/Ronny Turiaf
PF: Brandon Wright/Anthony Randolph/Ryan Anderson
SG: M. Pietrus/Stephen Curry/Anthony Morrow
PG: Monta Ellis/Speedy Claxton/Acie Law

C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat/Adonal Foyle
PF: Rashard Lewis/Brandon Bass
SF: Stephen Jackson/Matt Barnes/Jeremy Richardson^
SG: Vince Carter/J.J. Redick
PG: Jameer Nelson/Anthony Johnson/Jason Williams

christexaport
08-29-2009, 03:46 PM
...in response to someone saying Wade starts over Fisher.

He's [Wade] not a point guard!

Right, he's just a better ball handler and facilitator, and averages more assists than him. In my opinion, I think Wade would make a great PG, but he's such a good scorer, no one will ever try it.

DCB/LAL
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

Umm...Line ups good but who would you trade Dampier and Barea??? Im sure GS would want something in returnnot just and expiring and a "potential" player but never know.

DCB/LAL
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
What would these teams have to offer them?? I think he'd fit nicely with SA he's been there before and never got to win a championship there thanks to Kobe and Shaq.

marques724
08-29-2009, 05:27 PM
What would these teams have to offer them?? I think he'd fit nicely with SA he's been there before and never got to win a championship there thanks to Kobe and Shaq.

He won a ring with the 2003 team

DCB/LAL
08-29-2009, 05:48 PM
He won a ring with the 2003 team

:facepalm: :o You would be Correct and then left cause he wanted more money and wanted to be the "Main Guy" or something like that I think?? Anywho I sit Corrected!

Aliengames
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
One thing I have learnt about players seeking a trade, and then naming his prefered destinations...is most likely trying to diminish his chances of going to those teams. Jax named teams he prob don't wanna be on. lol

Wow, you are just incredibly wrong. First of all, Jackson is from Texas which is why he mentioned the Texas teams. He also mentioned New York because his best friend Al Harrington is there. He mentioned Cleveland because, honestly, who doesn't want to play on the Cavs right now?

Mavrix
08-30-2009, 05:00 AM
www.dallasbasketball.com

Golden State is about to propose a deal with Dallas for some expiring contracts

I saw it coming ;)

PG- Kidd - (Terry)
SG- Howard - Terry (Jackson)
SF- Marion - Jackson (Howard)
PF- Nowitzki - Thomas (Marion)
C- Dampier - Gooden

Not only will we be the deepest team, but also the most versatile

The_Mac22
08-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Who would the Mavs trade for Jackson?

CTown81
08-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Cavs fan here...

Zero chance we trade for Captain Jack. 4 years left on his deal. Cavs dont want a contract like that. We could only Trade West pluse Gibson or Gibson, Hickson, and Williams from a salary perspective which really makes no sense. West fits the Cavs better than Jackson. No way we trade Z for Jackson. First of all Z makes 4 million more than Jack so GS would have to give up another player as well. Not gonna happen.

Jack may want to come to CLE but it doesnt make sense on any level.

st3voness
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Who would the Mavs trade for Jackson?

They want cap relief, so definitely:

Greg Buckner ($1M buyout) ~ 4.1M
J.J. Barea (Nellie fond of) ~ ~ 1.65M
Shawne Williams? ~ 2.4M
= 8.1 M

for

Stephen Jackson ~ 7.65M

Ace33Bone
08-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I wish he would come to the Cavs... We need you!!!

Illuminati999
08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Umm...Line ups good but who would you trade Dampier and Barea??? Im sure GS would want something in returnnot just and expiring and a "potential" player but never know.

The Mavs could get Stephen Jackson AND Monta Ellis with the Dust Chip, Buck Shot, and Barea. I would think if all the Mavs wanted was Jackson, they could get him with the Buck Shot, Barea, and some n00b.

GarlicStench
08-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Lets look at the facts. Jackson is a better leader than Josh Howard. he is tougher than Josh Howard, He is statistically better then Josh Howard, and a better defender than Josh Howard. Jackson pays him $7.8 Million this year. Howard gets paid 10.8 Million. If anyoen is overpaid it is Josh not Jackson. Josh Howard has also conistently proven he is soft and the Mavs have won nothing with him. The facts show clearly Jackson is the better player and the better deal.

Mr.Nate30
08-30-2009, 02:26 PM
well if the warriors r looking for a ssalry dump trade him to the spurs for mahmi bonner and finley all expring

blazerman
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Dallas might be the place Ellis or Jackson end up. They have some expiring contracts and thats what the Warriors seem to be looking for.

I can see why Cuban would try and pickup one of those guys but with Howard and Marion already on board chemistry will factor in. It could end up being a subtraction(wins) by addition, could work though who knows.

Well see I guess.

The_Mac22
08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Dallas might be the place Ellis or Jackson end up. They have some expiring contracts and thats what the Warriors seem to be looking for.

I can see why Cuban would try and pickup one of those guys but with Howard and Marion already on board chemistry will factor in. It could end up being a subtraction(wins) by addition, could work though who knows.

Well see I guess.

Ellis? Monta Ellis? He's not going anywhere.

The_Mac22
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
The Mavs could get Stephen Jackson AND Monta Ellis with the Dust Chip, Buck Shot, and Barea. I would think if all the Mavs wanted was Jackson, they could get him with the Buck Shot, Barea, and some n00b.

Monta Ellis is our franchise player. He's not going anywhere.

Mavrix
08-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Lets look at the facts. Jackson is a better leader than Josh Howard. he is tougher than Josh Howard, He is statistically better then Josh Howard, and a better defender than Josh Howard. Jackson pays him $7.8 Million this year. Howard gets paid 10.8 Million. If anyoen is overpaid it is Josh not Jackson. Josh Howard has also conistently proven he is soft and the Mavs have won nothing with him. The facts show clearly Jackson is the better player and the better deal.I agree with better leader and tougher, but certainly not the better overall player even statistically speaking.

Jackson's numbers were inflated because of the team he played for. He also led the league in turnovers last year at 3.9. Howard, a former all star, is a better career rebounder AND scorer even with Jackson's 2 back to back 20 point seasons on a horrible team. Put Howard on the same team and he will produce better numbers. Also Howard's career field goal and 3pt percentage is also higher than Jackson's. The numbers don't lie.

Mavrix
08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Monta Ellis is our franchise player. He's not going anywhere.

Nelson doesn't want him especially with Curry now on board.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

Sports Illustrator
08-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Stephen Jackson would be a great fit for most teams in the NBA. He won't really demonstrate attitude problems on championship and playoff contending teams with tough coaches.

He brings to the table what many players in the NBA aren't able to bring to the table. Great scoring and defensive abilities as well as good passing skills. Not to mention, the guy plays with a ton of heart.

montazingmvp
08-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with better leader and tougher, but certainly not the better overall player even statistically speaking.

Jackson's numbers were inflated because of the team he played for. He also led the league in turnovers last year at 3.9. Howard, a former all star, is a better career rebounder AND scorer even with Jackson's 2 back to back 20 point seasons on a horrible team. Put Howard on the same team and he will produce better numbers. Also Howard's career field goal and 3pt percentage is also higher than Jackson's. The numbers don't lie.

how is a team that wins 48 games and loses 34 bad...???

montazingmvp
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Nelson doesn't want him especially with Curry now on board.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

that is the biggest load of bs i've ever heard...

the warriors are going to give up their star player because they recently drafted a promising UNPROVEN ROOKIE...

lol good one man

Mavrix
08-30-2009, 11:35 PM
that is the biggest load of bs i've ever heard...

the warriors are going to give up their star player because they recently drafted a promising UNPROVEN ROOKIE...

lol good one man
hoopsworld.com
hoopshype.com
******.com
dallasbasketball.com
go google it. it's all over the place

raptor fan
08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Here's a 3 way deal that might work out for all teams involved:

Cleveland Trades:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Jawad Williams

Cleveland Gets:
Steven Jackson
Ronny Turiaf

Golden State trades:
Steven Jackson
Ronny Turiaf

Golden State gets:
Brent Barry (expiring)
Carl Landry (expiring)
Brian Cook (expiring)
James White (expiring)

Houston Trades:
Brent Barry
Carl Landry
Brian Cook
James White

Houston gets:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Jawad Williams

The Cavs get another scorer to pair with Lebron, and get a tough-nosed backup C who can play behind Shaq

The Warriors shed payroll, and get a good young big in Carl Landry

The Rockets get the solid starting C that they need for the season.

Cavaliers:

PG: Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson/Daniel Green
SG: Steven Jackson/Delonte West/Anthony Parker
SF: Lebron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Anderson Varejao/Leon Powe/J.J Hickson/Darnell Jackson
C: Shaquille O'neal/Ronny Turiaf

Warriors:

PG: Monta Ellis/Acie Law/Speedy Claxton
SG: Stephen Curry/Anthony Morrow/Brent Barry/James White
PF: Anthony Randolph/Carl Landry
C: Andris Biedrins/Hamed Hammadi/Brian Cook

*swap brandon wright to memphis for hammadi + future protected pick

Rockets:

PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry/Jermaine Taylor
SG: Tracy McGrady/Trevor Ariza
SF: Shane Battier/Wally Sczerbiak*/Chase Budinger
PF: Luis Scola/Chuck Hayes/Joey Dorsey/Jawad Williams
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas/David Anderson/Pops Mensah Bonsu

* free agent signing

zambo4president
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
The Bulls need your Gangsta power Jax.

Sportfan
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM

Well see I guess.

Monta? Warriors arent gonna give him away for crap after giving him that contract last year

montazingmvp
09-01-2009, 02:16 AM
hoopsworld.com
hoopshype.com
******.com
dallasbasketball.com
go google it. it's all over the place

and how often are rumors true...

i would like you to know the original rumor creator was tim kawakami...

do you want to know how many rumors he's created only to be determined false...lots...

for ex...

last year he said monta would never play another game for the warriors again...wrong.

anthony randolph would be traded away before the end of his rookie season..wrong

don't believe everything you read sunshine

Mavrix
09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
and how often are rumors true...

i would like you to know the original rumor creator was tim kawakami...

do you want to know how many rumors he's created only to be determined false...lots...

for ex...

last year he said monta would never play another game for the warriors again...wrong.

anthony randolph would be traded away before the end of his rookie season..wrong

don't believe everything you read sunshineTim kamawhat?

No bud, it was stated by Dime Magazine

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/breaking-news-stephen-jackson-wants-out-of-golden-state/

Mavrix
09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Hell, you can even go to NBA.com to see that Jackson wants out.

xxxplicit69
09-01-2009, 02:44 AM

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN H-TOWN.

he would be a factor in cleveland. help the king out.

RaptorizedKevin
09-01-2009, 10:54 AM
C- Nowitzki
PF- Marion - Gooden
SF- Jackson
SG- Howard - Terry
PG- Kidd

OHHH MYYYY

Your not getting jackson for nothing, your gonna have to give up some good player or expiring 1 year contractcs :facepalm:

Mavrix
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Your not getting jackson for nothing, your gonna have to give up some good player or expiring 1 year contractcs :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Expiring contracts yes, not a "good" rotation caliber player. Golden State wants expiring contracts.

IBleedPurple
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't think many care what S-Jax wants, it matters more what his team, and other teams want.