PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Lee says Magic willl "Rue the day" they traded him for Vince Carter

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Thats pretty big talk for a rookie that looked OK...playing behind and with 3 all Stars and Turk last season. Do you think Orlando will rue the day and Cortney Lee will become the next LBJ/Kobe/VC level of player? The Magic did trade Ben wallace and Billups to Detroit for Grant Hill which we did "rue" for several years.He says he wants to play with D12 again, when he is an all star. No shortage of confidence thats for sure.

If you had made that layup in LA maybe I wouldnt be laughing quite as hard.
Here is what he said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2009/08/courtney-lee-says-he-will-make-magic-rue-the-day-they-traded-him.html#more

Raph12
08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow strong words, gotta love his confidence; may not ever become another Kobe, but Marbury's future may be attainable for him

arkanian215
08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
god i hope his brain doesnt melt into a marbury.

great now we have two cocky sobs. twill and lee. at least lee is willing to work hard and learn from others to get better. twill doesnt even want to take advice from vets.

ya_boi
08-28-2009, 10:58 AM

great now we have two cocky sobs. twill and lee. at least lee is willing to work hard and learn from others to get better. twill doesnt even want to take advice from vets.

:clap::laugh:

Raph12
08-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Who knows, if the Magic win a title without him, he may start to eat vaseline as well lol

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Who knows, if the Magic win a title without him, he may start to eat vaseline as well lol

:laugh:@eat vaseline!

jimbobjarree
08-28-2009, 11:09 AM
maybe another Kidd/Harris trade in the making who knows

Trouble87
08-28-2009, 11:11 AM
love that confidence

I don't think he's bull****in though.

Lee & Blur might be one of the best backcourt combos in the NBA

slaker619
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM
He Won't Ever Dominate Oralando When On NJ But If He Went To A Better Team And Waz A Starter You Never Know.

Unruly Fan
08-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Thats pretty big talk for a rookie that looked OK...playing behind and with 3 all Stars and Turk last season. Do you think Orlando will rue the day and Cortney Lee will become the next LBJ/Kobe/VC level of player? The Magic did trade Ben wallace and Billups to Detroit for Grant Hill which we did "rue" for several years.He says he wants to play with D12 again, when he is an all star. No shortage of confidence thats for sure.

Here is what he said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2009/08/courtney-lee-says-he-will-make-magic-rue-the-day-they-traded-him.html#more
My thoughts exactly.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Good luck playing in sucking Nets!

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM

For those who havn't seen here is what Ralph meant....Marbury eats vaseline on you tube to cure a sore throat....wow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eUtSV519vU

magicdouglas
08-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Here is what he said.

Yes make the shot in the finals then run your mouth. Now you just make us laugh.

HiphopRelated
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM
lol, he'll never average 20 ppg

which defense was worrying about Courtney Lee when they played the Magic?

magicdouglas
08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
For those who havn't seen here is what Ralph meant....Marbury eats vaseline on you tube to cure a sore throat....wow

Thats just *********g disgusting looks like he has swallowed before!

Unruly Fan
08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eUtSV519vUAt least he had some kind of logic to what he was doing. I actually feel bad for the guy tho.

king4day
08-28-2009, 11:30 AM
The talk of wanting to go back to Orlando will be silences if NJ can get Lebron. Then he'll be thankful of the trade since it'll lead to multiple titles.

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
lol yup. seen many gals with that exact proud expression at the end of many video clips. ha

Wilson
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Let's hope he backs it up...

TO Rapz
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
i think the magic will rue..vcs washed up soon who knows how he fits in...courtney lee can go on to be a solid player avging 21pts a game and 6 dimes and a couple of boards..

tbone2171
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Who??

magicdouglas
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
lol yup. Seen many gals with that exact proud expression at the end of many video clips. Ha

lmfao

KmB728
08-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I like the confidence Lee is showing here, i bet you he works harder than ever now that hes out to make the Magic regret this.

King P
08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
The talk of wanting to go back to Orlando will be silences if NJ can get Lebron. Then he'll be thankful of the trade since it'll lead to multiple titles.
I hope so, but thats a big IF. I think Lee will be a solid player, I see him averaging anywhere from 14 ppg - 21 ppg.

theuuord
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
love his confidence.

jetsfan718
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
they will orlando got worse this offseason watch vc is not goin to role play into dwight howards like turk did they messed up but still great team

RaptorizedKevin
08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow what confidence, i love that in players and i see lee averaging breakout numbers. In Nj, with vc gone im sure he will have place to play up and achieve his potential. and prove to everyone waht he can do

JordansBulls
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Here is what he said.

He might be good in like 4-5 years, but in no way are the Magic going to regret this deal.

Raph12
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Everyone forgets, if in Orlando, he would play behind Dwight, Shard, Nelson, Turk (had he resigned) and maybe even Pietrus, therefore never being more than a role player. It doesn't matter what he does in New Jersey in the next few seasons, the fact remains that he would be the 5th/6th option on the Magic which would not let him reach his full potential. If anything he should thank the Magic for letting him grow as a player so that he can try to make a name for himself. Winning a championship by being a good role player is something he can do in his 30s, right now just let him strive for individual glory.

Ace33Bone
08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
This dude cannot be serious... Ok you did dunk on my boy LBJ twice but besides that you did not do a great deal in the playoffs... not to mention how u were a no show in the finals... Get for real I would have made that trade any day of the week

oballers
08-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Truth is they will. Lee is in his last years on tired old last legs. Turk was still a top player and Lee was an up and comer.

Now Lee is on a team that can start him giving him ample exp and PT. That will translate to rapid improvement. In 1-2 years Lee's # will be greater than VCs by virtue of their situations alone.

with Lopez, Yi, Lee and Harris they are oozing with talent.

Fury
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
being that hes in my team now im happy to hear that

AK-50
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
they traded a rookie who missed a crucial shot in the playoffs for a vet who missed a crucial shot in the playoffs few years back lol just noticed that

Raph12
08-28-2009, 01:36 PM
they traded a rookie who missed a crucial shot in the playoffs for a vet who missed a crucial shot in the playoffs few years back lol just noticed that

Yes but one was a wide open layup and the other was a fade-away long jumper over a defender. Lee doesn't carry any load on offense for the Magic, Carter was carrying his Raptors team, there is a difference but it is still a funny coincidence.

JWO35
08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Another Kidd(old guy)/Harris(Young guy with potential) Trade...They will Rue the day!!!

nbaguy123
08-28-2009, 02:10 PM
i dont think the magic will completely "rue" the day, but i do think that courtney lee will be a good player, maybe another Jerry Stackhouse type of player

MTar786
08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
maybe he'll end up the next larry hughes. have the next 3 or 4 really good seasons and be a good defender, scorer type player. then he'll lose his motivation.

or maybe he'll be the next tracy mcgrady.. becoming amazing all of a sudden. u never know. But i do remember shaq talking good bout lee. which should mean a lot

king4day
08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes but one was a wide open layup and the other was a fade-away long jumper over a defender. Lee doesn't carry any load on offense for the Magic, Carter was carrying his Raptors team, there is a difference but it is still a funny coincidence.

To Lee's defense, he had less than a second to make the play and Gasol coming at him.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Cool.

Like the Nets will beat the Magic.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-28-2009, 02:20 PM

Vince's shot was harder but that lay up was no easy task.

He was going away from the basket and he was almost in line with the hoop.

Raph12
08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Vince's shot was harder but that lay up was no easy task.

He was going away from the basket and he was almost in line with the hoop.

Hard task for a rookie, he had enough reach to dunk it, but his nerves got the best of him and he missed it, VC would've jammed that ball.

Ace33Bone
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Hard task for a rookie, he had enough reach to dunk it, but his nerves got the best of him and he missed it, VC would've jammed that ball.

I have to agree with you on this is wasnt the easiest of shots to make but if u put Vince in place of Lee last year we may have been talking about another team being crowned champs because VC wouldve made that the newest clip on his highlight reel

theuuord
08-28-2009, 03:11 PM

when he caught it the ball was two feet in front of him and both of them were under the basket. there was no way he could've dunked that. hell not even VC could have dunked that.

HoopsMachine
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Well I take it this way, he's going into the season with a chip on his shoulder which will motivate him to play better. If you're a Nets fan you should be happy to hear this considering that following the trade he was completely depressed about being moved.

Hustla23
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Courtney Lee is a serviceable player who has limited upside.

I don't think Orlando will rue anything.

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
when he caught it the ball was two feet in front of him and both of them were under the basket. there was no way he could've dunked that. hell not even VC could have dunked that.

Gonna have to agree on the shot being tough and the dunk not being possible.
Here is a photo and he is all the way behind the back board.... but still should have made it. And there is Gasol in the frame hitting the rim too....

Catfish1314
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't think he's going to be anything like Kobe or Wade but I could see him being a Rip Hamilton down the road. His inexperienced, but very complete overall game really impressed me in the playoffs.

SteveNash
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow, what classlessness from the Magic fans and journalists. Guess I can't be that surprised, they were stupid enough to run Shaq out of town.

"Maybe Lee would still be with Magic if he'd made the alley-oop in the NBA Finals against Lakers."

How long until they start calling for Dwight's head after he choked 2 huge free throws in the Finals. Orlando suffers a setback with Dwight bricking free throws and he's gone just like Shaq?

Courtney Lee said nothing wrong, he's already proven several teams wrong that skipped over him in the draft. And I'm sure Orlando will regret letting him go.

Raph12
08-28-2009, 05:05 PM

I said VC would've dunked the ball, I never said he has to be in the exact same position as Lee. It was Lee's mistake to jump out-of-bounds on an alley-hoop, had it been VC, he would've caught it while jumping to his right and finished it with a slam dunk (he's done the same thing twice before).

theuuord
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
I said VC would've dunked the ball, I never said he has to be in the exact same position as Lee. It was Lee's mistake to jump out-of-bounds on an alley-hoop, had it been VC, he would've caught it while jumping to his right and finished it with a slam dunk (he's done the same thing twice before).

that's not possible with the trajectory of the ball and the way the previous screen had been set. Lee had to free himself from an arm grab from the top of the key and than set up to where Turkoglu threw the ball. Regardless of position, based on how that play worked out, nobody would have made than a dunked alley-oop.

Carter may have made a layup, sure. But no chance is there a dunk to be made out of that pass with that play design.

blazerman
08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
He should have just accepted the trade and moved on but now he wants to run his mouth. He hasnt proved anything in the NBA yet so really what's the point of talking BS.

Lee will be a decent player but I doubt anything more.

theuuord
08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
He should have just accepted the trade and moved on but now he wants to run his mouth. He hasnt proved anything in the NBA yet so really what's the point of talking BS.

Lee will be a decent player but I doubt anything more.

It doesn't seem like he's talking BS. He's not putting anyone down or insulting the Magic by saying they'll be sorry. His comments are about himself as a player, not anyone or anything else.

If he had said something like "the Magic are going to suck now, and I'm a better player than Vince Carter will ever be," then yeah, it'd be different. But right now he just seems confident, and confidence at this level is a good thing.

Raph12
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
that's not possible with the trajectory of the ball and the way the previous screen had been set. Lee had to free himself from an arm grab from the top of the key and than set up to where Turkoglu threw the ball. Regardless of position, based on how that play worked out, nobody would have made than a dunked alley-oop.

Carter may have made a layup, sure. But no chance is there a dunk to be made out of that pass with that play design.

It is totally possible, especially with Carter's leaping ability. After breaking free from Kobe, Lee ran forwards instead of towards the alley, he could have moved towards the rim and finished the alley by dunking the ball. Carter can take off from further so as soon as Carter would break free, he could take one step towards the rim, take off and finish.

what54!?
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't get where people see star with him. Good player for sure but not star

theuuord
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
It is totally possible, especially with Carter's leaping ability. After breaking free from Kobe, Lee ran forwards instead of towards the alley, he could have moved towards the rim and finished the alley by dunking the ball. Carter can take off from further so as soon as Carter would break free, he could take one step towards the rim, take off and finish.

Either way this is a pointless discussion, but if he took off after one step he would have caught the ball at an impossible angle to dunk it because of the angle the ball was moving towards him. He could have likely made the layup but a dunk would not have been physically plausible.
Turkoglu's throw was the culprit here more than Lee - it was a good throw, but not a great one.

MagicDojo
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow, what classlessness from the Magic fans and journalists. Guess I can't be that surprised, they were stupid enough to run Shaq out of town.

"Maybe Lee would still be with Magic if he'd made the alley-oop in the NBA Finals against Lakers."

How long until they start calling for Dwight's head after he choked 2 huge free throws in the Finals. Orlando suffers a setback with Dwight bricking free throws and he's gone just like Shaq?

Courtney Lee said nothing wrong, he's already proven several teams wrong that skipped over him in the draft. And I'm sure Orlando will regret letting him go.

:laugh: @ Steve Nash!!!!

People are not saying that cause we are calling for his head, lol. Think a little deeper. That shot would have given the Magic HCA and could have given them confidence by stealing one in LA and going home for 3 games. If the Magic win the finals they prolly keep the team as was and do not trade for VC. Not a witch hunt for missing the shot . Funny how mad you are though.
Wheres Shaq now...did you run him out of town?

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't get where people see star with him. Good player for sure but not star

Its his potential, similar to Beasley and how people think he could be a star but others think he could be just a good player.

floridian321
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM

He is not cocky he is just upset he went to a crapy team. I dont blame him.

floridian321
08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
:laugh: @ Steve Nash!!!!

People are not saying that cause we are calling for his head, lol. Think a little deeper. That shot would have given the Magic HCA and could have given them confidence by stealing one in LA and going home for 3 games. If the Magic win the finals they prolly keep the team as was and do not trade for VC. Not a witch hunt for missing the shot . Funny how mad you are though.
Wheres Shaq now...did you run him out of town?

Hes gotta point if we win which we were a missed lay-up and a missed free throw from going up 3-1 on LA and probaly getting our first championship.

floridian321
08-28-2009, 06:10 PM
And I like how people always crtisize D12 at the charity stripe. But what people dont realize his he was shooting at a pretty deasent percentage in the post season which i do believe will carry into next season.

Mavrix
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I think he'll average around 12 points 3 assists and 3 rebounds a game next season starting for NJ and that's because they lack scoring. Lopez will probably average around 17 points and Harris will average around 25

GAWDtv
08-28-2009, 06:51 PM

If you watch the play he should have made the shot yes, Gasol hit the rim so it should have been basket interference YES, however what I saw was a dazed and confused Howard just watching instead of following the shot as he was open (when Gasol left him to help on Lee) he would have had a clean open touch in to win. If you get a chance watch it again. :facepalm:

MagicDojo
08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Lee may be good down the road but the Magic front office have made it clear that they think they have the pieces to win now.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2009, 02:09 PM
should have made that layup Court. Move on

Mave1002
08-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Kid's got potential. speak your mind.

AsiandudePH
08-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I think if he work hard enough he'll be an all star someday. Not a superstar, but an all star. Again, IF and ONLY IF he work hard enough. He's still young. He could improve vastly. It's only a matter of how fast he improves.

magicdouglas
08-30-2009, 11:30 AM
The kid definitely has heart, playing with a smashed face took guts but running your mouth because a team traded you uncool. Trades happen all the time it's just part of the game move on.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-30-2009, 12:25 PM
If i'm a nets fan i would be excited for the future. Obviously this year its gonna be a struggle to get wins, but in the future a Harris/Lee combo is gonna be very nice. Courtney Lee is the real deal people, he may not be in the Lebron/Wade/Kobe level, but i think he will be like a kevin martin type player with a little more athleticism. And on top of that, they have the 2010 free agent class coming up, so if they can get another star player they would have a nasty 1-2-3 combo.

And the magic will rue the day they traded him because he will a great player for several years, while VC has got like 3 more years in him. So of course it was stupid to trade him.

phoenix_bladen
02-18-2011, 02:51 AM
pretty cocky for a kid that completely blows now......:D

DoMeFavors
02-18-2011, 02:56 AM
This day sucked.
Courtney Lee is a journyman

SugeKnight
02-18-2011, 02:57 AM
epic bump

RZZZA
02-18-2011, 03:01 AM
I want him on the Bulls more than anyone else we mention in our forum, except Arron Afflalo

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2011, 03:02 AM
uh...why''d this get bumped?

Fnom11
02-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I thought they already did regret it? Vince is garbage now, and Lee has great potential.

Public Enemy #1
02-18-2011, 04:00 AM
When I saw the trade rumors pop up, for some reason I thought of this random quote he said. Roo sounds so funny for some reason

Gram
02-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Good luck playing in sucking Nets!

He's not on NJ...

mstryke13
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Billups was not part of the Wallace/Hill trade. He signed with the Pistons as a free agent after playing in Minnesota.

obcha22
02-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Lol "rue the day" Shakespearean drama. Sorry whenever i think of someone saying that, i imagine them holding their fist up to the entity to which they are speaking. I can see him on the court after his last game for orlando, center court, the game has finished, he's out there in front of a full house, (or the people cleaning after the game) and he stands at center court fist to the owners box and in a Brando-esque "Stellaaa", He screams "you'll rue the day you traded me!!!"
But now he must grow a small moustache and play the role of the villain and drop 40 on orlando when he returns and scream "Bloody bawdy kindless villain...VENGANCE"

koLohe2133
02-18-2011, 09:54 AM
After getting traded to the rockets.....

Courtney lee says to both orl and nj: "A PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES!"

FLMeth06
02-18-2011, 10:11 AM
lolz.

Double_R
02-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Ryan Anderson the "throw in" says I'm better than you Courtney Lee.

Crackadalic
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I fell out my chair when i saw that line classic:clap:

The Jokemaker
02-18-2011, 10:39 AM
At the time Lee looked like an up and comer. Magic sold high on him and got VC. Sad thing is, this comment from Lee may be the only thing people remember about his career only to surface as a trivia question a decade later.

"Who was the rookie SG the Magic traded who remarked on the trade, 'they will rue the day'?"

Southsideheat
02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
maybe he knows he's going to chicago next week.

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Nah, Lee has had a nice year.

HallofFameKidd
02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I like C.Lee a lot, but he is talking that same trash J.Ho was when Dallas traded him. Sounds like he is bitter. Courtney just needs to shut up and prove it on the court.

Avenged
02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
He was good in Orlando during their deep playoff run.. I think they pulled the trigger on him too soon to be honest. But then again, I don't think he'll become anything special.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Ryan Anderson the "throw in" says I'm better than you Courtney Lee.

I thought at the time that Anderson was going to be the more valuable player to the Magic.

The BodyGuard
02-18-2011, 12:37 PM

LoL, Thats .... ummm :)

Im speechless