PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Michael Redd and Tracy Mcgrady???

JordansBulls
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Thoughts on Michael Redd and Tracy Mcgrady???

What type of contracts will these guys get after they expire and would any team take a chance on these guys?

Ace33Bone
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I think that any team can use either one of these guys services the only question is how much they will be willing to pay them

slaker619
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I See M.Redd Going To Chicgo Next Season And T-Mac Going To Cleveland

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Redd expires 2011 :confused:

LakersIn5
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
lets assume tmac is healthy this season

tmac would average 24ppg 6 rpg 6 apg, teams would offer him 10,000,000+ when he expires.

about redd i dont know

Lo Porto
08-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Redd will definitely take his player option of $18 million next year. He'll be a Buck until 2011 unless he gets traded.

It all depends on how healthy TMac is. If he comes back healthy and plays good team ball, he could get a $10 million+ contract. If he comes back, gets hurt AND/OR his team doesn't win a playoff series, he could be in an Allen Iverson situation. Nobody wants to overpay for an often injured, me-first, ball hog.

JordansBulls
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Redd expires 2011 :confused:

He can opt out like Lebron, Dirk, Amare, Bosh, etc.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I can actually see T-Mac going to the Suns for like 4 mil a year. They have magic fingers there and I think he can really shine there again.

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
These two guys are a funny comparison. Tracy McGrady is a headcase and a cancer to locker room moral at this point, but he's more innately talented than Michael Redd. Redd would make a fine team player and a good moral guider due to his stint with Team USA, but he's more of a one-dimensional shooter and less talented than McGrady.
I think Michael Redd is going to remain a veteran presence, along with Andrew Bogut, on the Bucks, albeit at a much lower price tag. Tracy McGrady is in the same boat as Allen Iverson at this point, with teams hesitant to take on a known *******.
I imagine they're just two more veteran shooting guards approaching the mid-level exception portion of their careers, just like Jerry Stackhouse a few years ago.

dwadefan03
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
^ why is everybody saYING TMACS A CANCER and a ballhog. hes definatly not i mean when hes healthy hes among the leaugue leaders in assists and i think him and yoa had a good thing going when they were healthy. if he gets healthy im thinking maybe a 10 mil contract if not maybe the mle on a contender. Michael redd will most likely not opt out and if he does id say he makes maybe 12-14 mil.

fredv
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Tmac is going to be back. Last year I really hated on him because he throwed his teammates under the bus. And I don't want him to be part of a championship in Houston. HOWEVER, he will be back and will be again a great PLAYER (not person). He's got some catching up to do and will carry the scoreload for the Rox.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
T-Mac is done, he's not the same anymore!Maybe 18/4/3 somewhere in Western Conference
Redd:confused:
He will be in Bucks till 2011 ends!He will put up 23/3/3 in crap team!

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
He can opt out like Lebron, Dirk, Amare, Bosh, etc.

why the hell would a 30+ year old who has struggled with injuries opt out of 18 mil in this economy..bloody hell man, use some of that brain you got

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
why the hell would a 30+ year old who has struggled with injuries opt out of 18 mil in this economy..bloody hell man, use some of that brain you got

Theres nothing wrong with that answer!:)

YES, Michael Redd can opt out in 2011!

But would he do that???I guess not!

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
i like redd, i wish the jazz had him

JordansBulls
08-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Because even though he can get 18 million for one year, it would be better for him to opt out and sign a 4 year deal somewhere for like 50 million. Because who knows if he would get an extra 32 million for the next 3 years if he stayed on his 18 million for his last year.

Kobe2324
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Many thoughts come to mind for each of these players. Redd is a live and die by the 3 kind of guy and is way overpaid for what he bring to a team, I like Redd but all he does is shoot 3's. Tmac probly top 5 player in the league when healthy....but he's never healthy...I believe some of his injuries he could have played through but I guess you can only be as good as you want to be in his case..Both will maybe get midlevel or slightly more.

JordansBulls
08-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Many thoughts come to mind for each of these players. Redd is a live and die by the 3 kind of guy and is way overpaid for what he bring to a team, I like Redd but all he does is shoot 3's. Tmac probly top 5 player in the league when healthy....but he's never healthy...I believe some of his injuries he could have played through but I guess you can only be as good as you want to be in his case..Both will maybe get midlevel or slightly more.

He probably fits that 3rd option mold well. He would be great for Dallas IMO.

AllTheWay
08-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Redd is a Bo$$.

thephoenixson28
08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
I hope tmac comes to phoenix and we trade Jrich then we get a real center like marcus camby

kingkenny01
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
i think that michael redd for tmac could be a trade good for both teams
it gives milwaukee star power (bringing more ticket to keep the franchie) what it needs cause its not going to win i know im from milwaukee and a bucks unhappy fan( hoping for #1 pick this year john wall)
and the rockets get a solid role player a great teamate and something to help yao
i may be wrong but the contracts and age are similar

cameroncrazies2
08-28-2009, 01:39 AM
I am from Milwaukee and watch nearly every single game the Bucks play and I can't believe how off some of you are on your opinions of Redd.

First and foremost, the Bucks would not and will not trade Redd for McGrady for a few reasons. First, the salaries are a bit out of reach, the Bucks would have to throw in someone else. The other thing is, the Bucks are set to have a load of cap room in 2011 (Gadzuric, and Redd most notably coming off the books to clear about $25 million). They're not going to have a ton of cap room next summer, and even if they are, so is nearly half the NBA, and Milwaukee isn't really a big draw for any free agent in a competitive market.

Second, Michael Redd has really come around as an all-around scorer the last few years. His best shot is an 18 footer coming off a screen. He puts those down like it's a layup. To whoever said he just shoots 3's is way off. Last year he attempted about 6 3-pointers per game and 17 shots per game total meaning there was 11 that were 2's and those 17 shots per game were the least he's had in the last 4-5 years. Redd has also become a phenom of drawing fouls going to the hoop. He's like the Manu Ginobili flop of offense. Although he isn't the best finisher, he gets to the line at a high rate for a jump shooter. He's also a pretty good passer. He's never been a really clutch player which can be a downfall, but he's definitely a 3rd option on a championship team.