PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs - #2 Orlando Magic vs #3 Washington Wizards

BlondeBomber41
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Every offseason some of us on PSD do a mock offseason where we simulate an offseason by doing mock free agency and trades. Below are the rosters of two teams after the game, please look at both rosters and give your honest opinion on who you believe would win.

Remember, these votes have nothing to do with your real team so there is no reason to be a homer.

Orlando Magic Lineup:

PG: Rafer Alston/Will Bynum/Javaris Crittenton
SG: Kevin Martin/Juan Dixon/Quentin Richardson
SF: Caron Butler/Micheal Beasley
PF: Udonis Haslem/Joe Smith/Steve Novak
C: Dwight Howard/Darko Milicic

Washington Wizards Lineup:

PG: Tony Parker - Keyon Dooling - Bobby Jackson
SG: Ronnie Brewer - Mickael Pietrus
SF: Corey Maggette - CJ Miles - Boki Nachbar
PF: Amare Stoudamire - Reggie Evans - Henk Norel
C: Nene - Nazr Mohommed - Jarron Collins

Orlando Magic Series Writeup:

What a match up. This should be a very good series. A lot of scoring for both sides. I would like to congratulate the Wizards for making it this far and may the best team win. Anyways lets get down to business.

The match ups

Alston vs Parker:
Parker, I agree is a very good point guard and has done a great job over the years with the spurs, but Alston only has to concentrate on two things in this series. Stopping Parker and making assists. He doesnít need to score, so he will just focus on stopping Parker. If Parker decides to double team Howard which we know he will, Alston will be able to hit the open jump shots to keep Parker honest. Although Difficult we know that Alston will be able to slow Parker down.

Martin vs. Brewer:
Brewer is a decent defender, but Martin can score regardless who is on him. He canít be stopped when on a roll. Martin will get open looks with Howard in the. Brewer is not a scorer, so Martin doesnít have to work too hard on defense, which will help him have energy on the offensive end. We take this match up pretty easily

Butler vs. Maggette:
This is a match up of scoring. Neither play very good defense, but at least Butler plays a little of it. A better all-around player, Butler can make the plays that count at the end of the game, that Maggette cant. Plus with martin and Alston able to spread the court, with their shooting, Butler will be able to get to the rack all night long. If Nene or Amare steps up, he can dish to the open player for an easy bucket.

Haslem vs. Amare: Okay so we are at a little disadvantage here, but on defense Howard would take Amare and Haslem would take Nene. Just trying to keep the depth chart the same. Just to clear that up. Anyways, we know that Amare can put up his share of points, but he doesnít play defense, so Haslem will get easy buckets from the drives of Butler and Alston. We also need Haslem to hold Nene in check, which we know he will be able too. But just in case he cant, we have someone who may.

Howard vs. Nene: I think Nene is a good player, but Howard is a beast. He will dominate him on offense and will keep Amare in check on defense. If double teams come, Howard can find the open man and we will hit shots if left open. It doesnít matter if its Alston, Martin, or Butler. This is an easy match up for us to win and could be the difference.

Magic Bench vs. Wizards Bench: This also will be a good match up. The Wizards have us beat in the backcourt as it is kinda obvious, but in the frontcourt we are much deeper. Darko and Joe Smith will get a lot of play time this series. We think Darko could be key. If Haslem canít contain Nene, Darko will come in and stop him. A heck of a shot blocker and rebounder, Nene would be stuck. Also I would rather have Beasley at small forward than miles. Much taller and athletic. Although the Wizards bench backcourt is better than ours; our backup frontcourt is much better than theirs. The depth of Darko, Beasley, and Joe Smith is unmatched from the Wizs.

All in all, this is going to be a very good and fun series to watch. A lot of points will be scored, and we know that, but our team has more scorers and much better backup bigs. We also play something called defense a better than the wizards can. We will hit the open shots and we will shut down the wizards on defense. Also a big lineup of Martin, Butler, Bealsey, Howard, and Darko would be tough for the wizards to handle.

Washington Wizards Series Writeup:

This match up is a lot tougher than last round, but I still think we can dominate in key areas. Our strengths are their weaknesses again, so lets see how we match up;

PG- Parker v Alston
Tony Parks is a finals mvp, Rafer Alston is a back up quality point guard, the gulf is big, and I think it will show. Parker will exploit the aging Alston with his quickness and should score us some points. On D all he has to worry about is the pull up 3, which we arent scared about, he's not a guy that will light us up with assists either. We win this comfortably.

SG- Brewer v KMart
If KMart has lasted this long it should be a good matchup, he's struggled with injuries the last few years, and has never played this far, can he keep up with the athletic Brewer? Brewer is a quality perimeter defender whilst being bigger and more physical than KMart. Kmart I'm sure will find his points due to him being a quality shooter, but we feel Brewer can close him down, especialy after just being sharpened up defensively by a series against D Wade. We also have Pietrus to come off the bench to guard him as well.

SF- Maggette v Butler
physical battle here. Butler is quality, and if we shut him down then in my opinion the team will follow. Maggette is physical, and as I said last round he can get to the line at will and has had many top names in foul trouble, hopefully we can exploit their bench through this match up. Butler is a great player though, and should lead them through points, but Maggette can score toe to toe with him.

PF- Amare v Haslem
This is where the party begins, in the paint. Amare will go at Haslem hard, but we know that Dwight will spend time on Amare too, and those two have had some epic battles, but great offense always beats great defense, and Amare is the most offensively gifted player in the post, he will be big in this series. We will also rely on him to get Dwight into foul trouble, which he is prone to doing, and we can see their back up center Milicic getting alot of minutes. Also, Haslem is no Rashard Lewis, who being a threat on the outside spread the floor for Dwight to work downlow. Since the Magic now have Haslem, a non factor offensively, we will be double teaming Dwight with a lot, which will further force him to have a difficult series. Amare takes this match up.

C- Nene v Dwight
Should be a good match up again. Nene can hold his own on the defensive end, and has the strength to keep up with Dwight. Dwight isnt the most offensivly talented player, so he wont light us up, we know that, we just have to play him smart. We have Mohommed and Collins' size to come off the bench and to foul Dwight hard, get him to the line where he is ordinary. Nene on the other hand is as explosive around the rim as Dwight, and hopefully can give Dwight some fouls. We have a 2 headed monster in the post against thier one, Dwight, we feel very confident we can overpower them at their biggest strength.

bench- They have Michael Beasley and not much else, we have Dooling coming off the bench who I rate more than Alston, we have CJ Miles' shooting, Beasley wont guard him too effectively, and we have Pietrus getting starterish minutes with his knock down shooting ability. Our bench is stronger and much more well rounded than theirs, its also deeper. Having 2 back up centers who are big bodies on Dwight is crucial. Collins is an intelligent player, and his flopping will be used to full effect on Dwight if he is called upon.

Overall, combined we have a better back court and front court. We think our 2 headed post beast is too much for Dwight to be affective enough to carry Orlando through. Butler is their key man, and we can throw Pietrus, Brewer and Maggette's size on him defensively to slow him down. They arent as good as the real life Magic, they look pretty ordinary, which is why I take us in 6 games.

good luck to the Magic

Raps08-09 Champ
08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Wizards have the better starting lineup and they still have a decent bench.

Joshtd1
08-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Very close, but I like the Wiz here. Parker destroying Alston would be the biggest advantage. I just dont see Dwight being able to dominate because he wont be able to bully Nene around, and with his lack of moves it will hurt.

bal_ravens
08-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I think if Butler can be shut down, which happens alot, and Nene provides good defense on Nene, the Wizards should have this one pretty easy too.

jimbobjarree
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
thanks guys, yeah I'd back Amare+Nene to overpower Dwight, especialy with Haslem being a non factor on offense we can just double team D12. And with Amare's offense hopefully slip Dwight into foul trouble.

Ace33Bone
08-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I have to go with Orlando on this one... Washington definitely has the better starting line up but i think the Magics' bench would be the difference

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
what a penis

shut outs over :sigh:

Ace33Bone
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
what a penis

shut outs over :sigh:

Lol wow someone is very sensitive over there... I dont know what your getting upset for because your playoff run was coming to a close next round because Boston's squad is a problem :speechless:

Ace33Bone
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
And by the way it looks like someone else feels the same... Can we have a comeback in the making

DerekRE_3
08-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Bobcats baby.

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 02:57 PM
nah we should win, the shutout would have been so cool.

and thanks for digging this up from the second page by the way.

and next round Celtics, he deserves to win it all, best team in the mock

and thanks to everyone who has voted for us by the way, your all my boys, party at robs house later

DerekRE_3
08-27-2009, 02:58 PM
nah we should win, the shutout would have been so cool.

and thanks for digging this up from the second page by the way.

and next round Celtics, he deserves to win it all, best team in the mock

and thanks to everyone who has voted for us by the way, your all my boys, party at robs house later

Your just lucky the Celtics beat the Mock Bobcats, otherwise you'd definitely have no chance.

dre1990
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Wizards in 5

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
cheers man

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
wooo through to the ECF first time, thanks to everyone who voted for us

ManRam
08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Washington has the front court, and front court depth, to stop Howard. Rafer is a terrible PG, the Magic bench isn't great...Martin is a one-dimensional player...etc.

I just like Washington better...

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I know I said it at the start of the mock, the Magic made their team weaker from the one that made the finals, but they were having none of it

Diggy_2
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Wizards are jus better in almost the whole team