View Full Version : SI Power Rankings.

*Superman*
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
1. Spurs
2. Cavs
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Magic

I am sorry, but no way do I have the Spurs at 1. I respect all the moves they made and they had a really good off-season, but I don't see it and Cavs at 2:facepalm:. No respect for the Magic....Again. Its really hard to decide, because the top 5 teams are really close. My order.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Magic
4. Celtics
5. Cavs

Notables: 6. Portland 7. Nuggets. 8. Washington. 9. Dallas 10. New Orleans.

Shocked that Washington is at 8 and TO is at 18.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/08/25/offseason.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

Hustla23
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I have it as :

Celtics
Lakers
Spurs
Magic
Cavs

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Just because they think the Magic are 5th best on the team, they don't respect them?

rever
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
i would have to say

lakers
celtics
spurs
magic
cavs

*Superman*
08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Just because they think the Magic are 5th best on the team, they don't respect them?

Oh my God, do you have to start something every time, haven't you heard people are entitled to their own opinions. It's not like they are gonna have Magic lower then 5, that would make them look stupid. The Magic always go into the season as the underdogs. Guess this year they will too.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh my God, do you have to start something every time, haven't you heard people are entitled to their own opinions. It's not like they are gonna have Magic lower then 5, that would make them look stupid. The Magic always go into the season as the underdogs. Guess this year they will too.

I was asking a question.

Lol. so if you want me not to question and respect your opinion, why would you question their opinion? It is the same thing. What I did to your opinion is no different to what you did to his opinion.

Hell I think the Magic should be higher than 5.

Lakersfan2483
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Magic
5. Cavs

*Superman*
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
I was asking a question.

Lol. so if you want me not to question and respect your opinion, why would you question their opinion? It is the same thing. What I did to your opinion is no different to what you did to his opinion.

Except for the fact that you always have to say something negatively towards my comments, just about all the time. I just once want to see someone pick the Magic at 2 or 3.

Raph12
08-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Except for the fact that you always have to say something negatively towards my comments, just about all the time. I just once want to see someone pick the Magic at 2 or 3.

NBA.com, Power rankings Magic place 3rd after Lakers and Cavs (yeah idk why they're here also) I'd say Magic are 3rd maybe 4th after Lakers, Celtics and Spurs, in that order, just because the Magic are still unproven, chemistry will be a deal-breaker.

ManRam
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Celtics
4. Magic
5. Cavs

Then the rest....like Portland, Denver, Dallas...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM

I talk a lot about a lot of people's comments. From every team. Don't take i too seriously.
And I do think the Magic are 3. But you have to admit, they made the most changes out of the top teams so they are unproven and that might be why they are 5.

Sportfan
08-26-2009, 04:37 PM
1. Spurs
2. Cavs
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Magic

I am sorry, but no way do I have the Spurs at 1. I respect all the moves they made and they had a really good off-season, but I don't see it and Cavs at 2:facepalm:. No respect for the Magic....Again. Its really hard to decide, because the top 5 teams are really close. My order.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Magic
4. Celtics
5. Cavs

Notables: 6. Portland 7. Nuggets. 8. Washington. 9. Dallas 10. New Orleans.

Shocked that Washington is at 8 and TO is at 18.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/08/25/offseason.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

The magic are NOT the best team in the East

Ovratd1up
08-26-2009, 04:42 PM
i have it as :

Celtics
lakers
spurs
magic
cavs

+1

Pierzynski4Prez
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Magic
5. Cavs

Mine is the same. Gotta keep the champs on top. If the C's had Garnett, who know's what would've happened, but i know they would have beaten the Magic, and are better than the Spurs.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
On another note, how are the Wizards #8 and the Raptors at 18?

smith&wesson
08-26-2009, 04:46 PM
lakers
celtics
magic
spurs
cavs

why is everyone sleeping on the C's ? garnets back homie.

smith&wesson
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM

Aparantly every one is giving them high praise because he is back and they got foy and mike miller.

im not convinced. first i have to see if gilbert can even play a full season and 2nd, mike miller and foy are good, but not soo good to boost the wizards to 8th in the whole nba,

overated!!

DaPrimeTime21
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
1. Lakers (defending champs, I hate them... but 'nuff said)
2. Celtics (Kg returns and add sheed)
3. Spurs
4. Magic
5. Cavs

sugarrayray
08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
i got

1. Celtics
2. Spurs
3. Cavs
4. Lakers
5. Magic
6. New Orleans

sugarrayray
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
The celts run away with it easily. They added great depth with rasheed wallace and marquis daniels which was a great signing, and oh ya, theyre getting their best player back from injury, and rondo can only improve.

D Roses Bulls
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I was asking a question.

hate to say but i always see you and other toronto fans always tryna diss the magic. i dont know what you guys have against the magic, but SI is dissing them. they are putting the cavs over the magic when they just beat them in the eastern conference in 5 and in many peoples opinions got better.

on another note, cavs are over hyped. they will not be any better this season with shaq. shaq will be clogging the lane, so how is lebron suppose to get his points then?

i still believe its....

1. lakers
2a. magic
2b. celtics
3. spurs
4. cavs

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
hate to say but i always see you and other toronto fans always tryna diss the magic. i dont know what you guys have against the magic, but SI is dissing them. they are putting the cavs over the magic when they just beat them in the eastern conference in 5 and in many peoples opinions got better.

on another note, cavs are over hyped. they will not be any better this season with shaq. shaq will be clogging the lane, so how is lebron suppose to get his points then?

i still believe its....

1. lakers
2a. magic
2b. celtics
3. spurs
4. cavs

Lol.

I talk bad things about every team. I have nothing against the Magic. You might notice it more maybe because someone follow the Magic more than another team but I talk bad other teams too.

I really don't see how it is a diss? This is a opinion and a prediction. If they ppredict that the Cavs are better then so what? I mean the Cavs got better, the Magic got better and the Celtics got better. You can't legitimately tell me that 1 team is better than the other and think that 1 team will be better than the other. You guys act like you can see the future. All 3 teams aren't the same as last year. They have at least 5 new acquisitions and they will play different than last year.

And I don't get it. How can a team being ranked 3rd in the East and 5th overall and being set aside be over rated? You guys always say they are over rated but everyone in this forum puts them 3rd. They were the best team last regular season and now they become over rated because they went from 1st in the conference and the whole NBA to 3rd in the conference and 5th in the league? Does that really make sense?

Kyle916
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Kings. :pity:

lakers4sho
08-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I love how a lot of people put the Cavs as their best team (or one of the best teams) during the preseason (and the regular season), but when the team folds during the playoffs, suddenly LBJ "isn't getting the help he deserves blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

Lakersfan2483
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I love how a lot of people put the Cavs as their best team (or one of the best teams) during the preseason (and the regular season), but when the team folds during the playoffs, suddenly LBJ "isn't getting the help he deserves blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

Very true.:clap:

Ripper Gein
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
i got

1. Celtics
2. Spurs
3. Cavs
4. Lakers
5. Magic
6. New Orleans

Lakers #4 HAHAHAHA quit swallowing and spit it out every now and then its polluting your better judgement..................number#4 HAHAHAHA...........the defending champs number#4HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM

Do you think he has enough help though?

B.JenningsMVP
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
La
bos
sa
orl
cle

Vinny642
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Washington toooo high

Mr.SmackYoMama
08-26-2009, 07:04 PM
1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Magic
4.Cavs
5.Spurs

29.My Warriors

ko8e24
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM

quit dissing that magic fan, u always got something to insult someone. tell ur team to take care of biz and be just bring back a tad bit of respectability by getting back to playoff contention. stop dissing teams that are already in title contention.

Mavrix
08-26-2009, 07:27 PM
LOL @ Dallas at 9 behind Washington.

EastCoastBaller
08-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Lakers
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Magics

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
quit dissing that magic fan, u always got something to insult someone. tell ur team to take care of biz and be just bring back a tad bit of respectability by getting back to playoff contention. stop dissing teams that are already in title contention.

Ha.

Where in that sentence do I diss the Magic?

ko8e24
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Ha.

Where in that sentence do I diss the Magic?

:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
while I think some other teams are stronger on paper than the Lakers, shouldn't it automatically start with them??????? They are the current champs
Lakers
Celtics
Spurs
Magic
Cleveland

showtym24
08-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Wizards>Raptors, and whoever did these rankings obviously is a laker hater.

Gnac76
08-26-2009, 08:15 PM
lakers are the defending champs they should be #1 (and even if they werent getting ron artest should make them the favs regardless)

cavs,magic and celtics are 2,3 and 4 after that... no idea how those 3 should be ranked, just that they are the 2nd 3rd and 4th best teams...

THEN the spurs... with the mavs a close behind

As a sixer fan I am shocked to see someone giving them any credit what so ever as 99% of non sixer fans seem to have them finishing not only out of the playoffs but as one of the worst teams in the east... so props to this guy.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
:rolleyes:

Cuz you can't come up with a legit answer.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I wasn't comparing them.

I was just saying that the Raptors should be a little higher and the Wizards should be lower.

lorenz00
08-26-2009, 09:02 PM
no way in hell wizards go that deep Lol

Jamiecballer
08-26-2009, 11:36 PM

I'm sure no offense was intended man. I was thinking exactly the same thing as him.....

bogdanrom
08-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Damn I was actually hoping we would be ranked way lower so then we can be underdogs. But now changes are we are going to disappoint. I think the Wizards should be lower closer to 12 or 13. Of course if we stay healthy, and everyone clicks than we can easily be a top 10 team in the NBA, and the top 4 team in the East, but that's a lot of ifs.

Lakeshowallday
08-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Lakers should be on , all it is is bias against ron artest we all know. My question is how did miami pull off 16 they should be 25+.

lakerboy
08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
I dont understand how the Cavs make #2. In my list, it goes:

Lakers (defending champion first)
Spurs
Celtics
Magic
Cavs

j-mart
08-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't have the Magic in the top 5.

They won't even have their starting 5 playing together for the first 10 games of the season thanks to Rashard Lewis.

blazers21
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
1.lakers
2.celtics
3.magic
4.spurs
5.cavs
close behind: blazers,nuggets,mavs.

nba~GURU~
08-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Very true.:clap:

funny coming from two laker fans? lol this isnt about personal attacks against Lebron because of the constant comparison between him and Kobe. LeBron is the better player hands down he is a freak of nature, but agreed if i had to choose between the two in the playoffs id pick kobe everytime... however do not base your comments on the fact that your laker fans and want to show your star player is better then the other

nba~GURU~
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM

oo obvoiusly rii we must naturally assume that if the lakers don't get the top spot they must be laker haters 8-) and the point he made was about the raptors being ranked as low as 18 and the washington wizards being ranked as high as 8th not that he thought the raptors were better read properly(I)

nba~GURU~
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM

lol it's funny how everyone thinks that if your a raptor fan you know nothing bout the nba.. he does not diss the magic at all if you and your big laker ego took time to realize that he himself says the magic are third :S just do us a favor close your mouth for two seconds and open your eyes and read yourself what he says

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Magic should be higher