PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio finally staying in Spain for 3 or more years.

feelie
08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
So Barcelona agreed to pay 3,7M euros to get him from Joventud, his buyout to NBA will decrease every year but it seems that it will only be affordable after the 3rd year.

http://www.marca.com/2009/08/26/baloncesto/acb/1251278631.html

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/barca-presenta-dkv-oferta-35/dasbal/20090826dasdasbal_1/Tes

Ace33Bone
08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
= Wasted draft pick for the Timberwolves

torontosports10
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I hope he blows his knees out and never plays a game again.

****ing cocky 18 year old

Sly Guy
08-26-2009, 09:34 AM

wow.

asandhu23
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM

How about you shut the **** up? do you have any idea what kind of financial mess he was in? :mad:

DeeJay
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM

What a classy thing to say.
Maybe you should get some help for that kind of behavior.

ChiSox219
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
How about you shut the **** up? do you have any idea what kind of financial mess he was in? :mad:

Every time you post I can't help but stare at your sig :)

Unruly Fan
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM

****ing cocky 18 year oldI'd expect something like this to come from a minny fan.

Afridi786
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Y even enter the draft you douche?

Unruly Fan
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Y even enter the draft you douche?That too.

I'd go blind with anger if my team ended up drafting him.

FlawlessKB24
08-26-2009, 10:29 AM

he didnt expect to go that low
he was banking on Sacramento or the Clippers

FNM BOY
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM

How about Rubio doing due dilligence about his situation before entering his name in the 09 Draft??? Why would a person enter his name for the NBA draft if he knows he wouldnt play for the next 3 plus years??? Makes no damn sense!! Thats very dumb and Rubio wasted alot of scouts time this year. Especially the Timberwolves. Whoever his agent or advisors were have proven to be very very very very ****ing stupid!!!

blastmasta26
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Damn, I wasn't expecting this. Not a Minny fan, but I was eager to see him play and if he could live up to the hype.

king4day
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM

If he was drafted in the top 3, he probably would have bought his contract out. He was expecting to and wasn't.
In a couple years, they'll trade him if Flynn is their future. Otherwise do the buyout then and bring him over.

tbone2171
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I'd expect something like this to come from a minny fan.

I'll do it.. I hope he blows his knees out

Lakeshow86
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
well, that was a waste of a draft pick. I feel sorry for you Twolves fans. Minnesota just like the clippers are such a horribly run franchise.

csenoner
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
all of these sports writes say it isnt about the fact hed have to play for minni, the only problem is the buyout, but that is bs. if that were the case he wouldnt have left the country after the draft without going to minni to be introduced with flynn. If his rights were traded to the knicks hed have this whole mess figured out in a month. he would have endorsement deal in place and he'd be in ny by the start of the season. and yes he is being a bstrd. one of these typical players who wants to chose where he plays like stevie franchize. if hes gonna be like that then let him stay his *** over there. hes trying to use his buyout as leverage to demand a trade. well guess he wontbe playin here for a while, where he can get the big bucks if hes truely as good as he thinks he is. think about it. if he signed with minni he would have a 3 year guatanteed contract with a team option for the 4th. inhis first three years his guaranteed money is over 10million. he isnt in a financial mess. he could pay for the buyout. he could pay 2 million out of his 1st year contract leaving him only 1.1 mil for the next 365 days, plus he could secure further funds with a loan. after all he would be under contract with insurance just in case he gets injured. also his agent could lend him money using his guranateed money as collateral. other options would include top heavy endorsement deals. gillete is already running an ad with him and he doesnt even shave yet. ha. im sure if he played here nike would be willing to give him a few mil. they signed freddy adu to a 3 million dollar deal when he was 13. he could then sit down at the table anf negotiate something like 4.5 million instead of the full 6.1 (as fc barca has just done). after a 3 year perido his buyout and all his loans would be paid off and hed still have about 6 million left over with a 4th year team option on the way for another 3plus. after this 4th year hed be an unrestricted free agent and would be able to sign a big time deal if he actually has the goods.

so either he doesnt believe he is good enough that after those few years he would warrant big money, or he doesnt want to have to go play in minni. either way it seems this is short sighted. in the short term sure he loses a few mil if he comes to the nba, but in the long term (not meaning 10 of 15 years, but just 5 or 6 down the road) he would be in line to make way more money if he bites the bullet and comes over.

effen5
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
all of these sports writes say it isnt about the fact hed have to play for minni, the only problem is the buyout, but that is bs. if that were the case he wouldnt have left the country after the draft without going to minni to be introduced with flynn. If his rights were traded to the knicks hed have this whole mess figured out in a month. he would have endorsement deal in place and he'd be in ny by the start of the season. and yes he is being a bstrd. one of these typical players who wants to chose where he plays like stevie franchize. if hes gonna be like that then let him stay his *** over there. hes trying to use his buyout as leverage to demand a trade. well guess he wontbe playin here for a while, where he can get the big bucks if hes truely as good as he thinks he is. think about it. if he signed with minni he would have a 3 year guatanteed contract with a team option for the 4th. inhis first three years his guaranteed money is over 10million. he isnt in a financial mess. he could pay for the buyout. he could pay 2 million out of his 1st year contract leaving him only 1.1 mil for the next 365 days, plus he could secure further funds with a loan. after all he would be under contract with insurance just in case he gets injured. also his agent could lend him money using his guranateed money as collateral. other options would include top heavy endorsement deals. gillete is already running an ad with him and he doesnt even shave yet. ha. im sure if he played here nike would be willing to give him a few mil. they signed freddy adu to a 3 million dollar deal when he was 13. he could then sit down at the table anf negotiate something like 4.5 million instead of the full 6.1 (as fc barca has just done). after a 3 year perido his buyout and all his loans would be paid off and hed still have about 6 million left over with a 4th year team option on the way for another 3plus. after this 4th year hed be an unrestricted free agent and would be able to sign a big time deal if he actually has the goods.

so either he doesnt believe he is good enough that after those few years he would warrant big money, or he doesnt want to have to go play in minni. either way it seems this is short sighted. in the short term sure he loses a few mil if he comes to the nba, but in the long term (not meaning 10 of 15 years, but just 5 or 6 down the road) he would be in line to make way more money if he bites the bullet and comes over.

Cliffs?

lebstar
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM

who's that girl in your sig again?

j-bay
08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Well the wizards won that trade:up:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Every time you post I can't help but stare at your sig :)

Agreed!
Heidi Klum=:smoking: hot

bogdanrom
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
How about Rubio doing due dilligence about his situation before entering his name in the 09 Draft??? Why would a person enter his name for the NBA draft if he knows he wouldnt play for the next 3 plus years??? Makes no damn sense!! Thats very dumb and Rubio wasted alot of scouts time this year. Especially the Timberwolves. Whoever his agent or advisors were have proven to be very very very very ****ing stupid!!!

How did he know that he wouldn't be able to play for the next 4 years or more? From the begging he expected to be a top 3 pick to he can have a big enough salary to buy himself out his contract. He has repeatedly said that he wants to play in the NBA, no matter what team he plays. I hate when people talk **** about him when they don't know the full situation. The person you guys have to hate is Joventut owner or manager or whoever made Rubio's buyout clause and did not lower it (he actually raised it).And I'm not saying he's not cocky. He probably is cocky, but so is every other NBA player. Hell I'm cocky when I play basketball and I SUCK, if I was good as Rubio is I would be so cocky.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
i wonder if anybody *****ed so much about Manu going to spurs 2 years after being drafted or Rudy gon two years later to the Blazers or scola ot kirilenko etc etc.

Men relax when he arrives he will be 21!!!!! that is one year younger that most seniros.

And he will ahve 7 profesional seasons behind him and be amore nba ready product.

If he goes now he can be a bust if he goes Then he will be a right on impact like Pau was.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
by the way, minnie can still find some endorsers and overbid barcelona

nycericanguy
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM

agreed, if the Knicks had taken him even at #8 rookie salary, is there really any doubt that he would have found a way to come to the NBA? i can almost guarentee there would magically be some sort of endorsement or loan that he took out.

Kahn outsmarted himself, point blank, he tried to make a splash in his first draft and he pretty much wasted a top 5 pick and traded away Foye and miller for nothing... he thought Rubio would want to come to the NBA no matter what, he was wrong.

FlawlessKB24
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
good points Hellcrooner.

I guess since he's a first rounder people just assume he's an a-hole.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Also from Minnies the timing mightbe perfect.

Jefferson will be at rpime love at irst prime

They will still have a god pick next year that will be a third year guy when he comes.

And they will have some cap space to sign someone plus flynns trade value will be high to add another piece.

You add a More well rounded and nba ricky and they start contention as soon as he arrives

colinskik
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
HA! Kahn looks ridiculous.

shas
08-26-2009, 11:39 AM
why did he enter the draft? dont get it? dont follow b ball that much so some insight would be nice

Cavs_Fan24
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
It's ok because Jonny Flynn will be better. Rubio being there would just take away his minutes.

Btw, if he really wants to play in the NBA could he not just put up a huge fuss and refuse to play like Steve Francis did with Vancouver?

I'm not saying that's the best thing to do but I just want to know if he could do that or not?

Sports Illustrator
08-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope he feels the urge to play for the NBA when he reaches to be 21 years old. I was hoping to see him playing in the NBA as soon as possible but we're likely going to have to wait to see that happening.

During the next three years, the Timberwolves can definitely trade him if they don't want to wait that long. They can get very good value for him actually, as long as they trade him to a big market team.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
It's ok because Jonny Flynn will be better. Rubio being there would just take away his minutes.

Btw, if he really wants to play in the NBA could he not just put up a huge fuss and refuse to play like Steve Francis did with Vancouver?

I'm not saying that's the best thing to do but I just want to know if he could do that or not?

No , contracts work differently here, if he went to usa and decided to skip his sapnish contract he would be arrested as soon as he put feet back ever in spain.

also nba has an agreement with fiba , fiba has to give clearance so the player an play in nba, and as he is under conract they wouldnt

CrotchetyOldMan
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Is it really that big a deal...It could end up great for the Wolves...He probably won't really be NBA ready for 2 or 3 years anyways...He's only 18 and pretty small and thin...and it looks like the wolves were prepped for him not signing by drafting Flynn...

nycericanguy
08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Is it really that big a deal...It could end up great for the Wolves...He probably won't really be NBA ready for 2 or 3 years anyways...He's only 18 and pretty small and thin...and it looks like the wolves were prepped for him not signing by drafting Flynn...

if you're a contending team like the spurs then yea you can stash players away overseas for a for years with a late pick. But a team as bad as minnesota trying to rebuild, why? why would u waste a top 5 pick? even if he does come in 3 years you already have Flynn, and you wasted 3 years of what could have been another very good young solid player developing with your other young players. 3 years is an eternity in the NBA

I think if you inject Kahn with truth serum he would say he EFFED up here. point blank

theimortalone
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Man this sucks. I am glad it was so much easier with Goran Dragic and his buy out for Phoenix.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
well i think drafting flynn was stupid from kahns part.

if he hadnt and drafted a player for other positon maybe Rubios camp would have worked hardedr in finding some sponsors.

Hustla23
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Not surprising.

Maybe it will work out great for the Wolves, maybe it'll be a bust. Who knows.

Hustla23
08-26-2009, 12:31 PM
well i think drafting flynn was stupid from kahns part.

if he hadnt and drafted a player for other positon maybe Rubios camp would have worked hardedr in finding some sponsors.
I agree.

That was as stupid a move as you could make.

DitchDat
08-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Suddenly the Flynn pick isn't so stupid anymore.

They traded Foye, got Flynn, and have Rubio raise his stock overseas. The Wolves are good.

nycericanguy
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Suddenly the Flynn pick isn't so stupid anymore.

They traded Foye, got Flynn, and have Rubio raise his stock overseas. The Wolves are good.

that sounds like a Minnesota PR rep trying to do damage control...lol

they couldve had Flynn without trading Foye. and 3 years to wait for a #5 pick is unheard of. thats an eternity for a franchise trying to rebuild. to assume his stock will rise is assuming alot. alot can happen in 3 years.

Cali4rnia
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
rubio is a dumb ***.. he shouldnt have been in the draft to begin with.. dont even let him play in the nba.. fuking trash... btw minn got raped again :(

heatbb
08-26-2009, 01:09 PM
rubio is a dumb ***.. he shouldnt have been in the draft to begin with.. dont even let him play in the nba.. fuking trash... btw minn got raped again :(

Have you ever seen the guy play? He's 18 and not very athletic and he still makes plays like no other in a long long time.

Personally, I'm happy. He just isn't strong enough to play against NBA players, he'll get destroyed.

AI4MVP
08-26-2009, 02:29 PM
k number one, the proposed contract deal is set to be possible to be bought out after TWO years..not three.

number two, this is just as offically as all the other ten times that it was reported that ricky rubio "officailly" has signed with either real madrid or barcelona.

number three, barcelona prolly slipped this false news to put more pressure on minni to make the buyout happen

number four, stop ****ing hating on rubio just because its literally mathematically impossible for him to come to the nba right now even though hes stated numerous times that his wish is to go to the timberwolves THHIS YEAR and him and his people are working hard to make that happen. you guys dont know the situation so stop crying about it and wishing he gets hit by a truck and all that crap

MiamiHeat
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
damn I wanted to see him play in the NBA

but the Wolves shouldn't have picked 2 PG
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

BleedGreen1014
08-26-2009, 04:00 PM
great news for Jonny Flynn:)

LA_Raiders
08-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Wow

It's his life he can decide what to do with it...

NYtilIdie
08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Damn I bet Kahn wishes he would have drafted Curry or somebody else. What a waste of a pick on Kahns part.

smith&wesson
08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
what the hells the point of entering the draft ??? other then to hurt the team that drafted him. . they could have drafted someone that can help them now god knows that team can use the help... what a dumbass gm for drafting two point gaurds. what the hell is the point of that.

DieHardColtsfan
08-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong..

Rubio heading into the draft & was labeled to be a potential flee risk. His situation and age was obvious. Obvious enough that Minnisota drafted another PG directly after selecting him.. They sort of left themselves open for trade but set a steep price, so steep it swayed potential buyers away (a la the Knicks)..

Rubio made a business move. Entered the draft to give himself options.. If he would have been selected by another team or played under a more suitable head coach maybe he wouldn't have left. in the end he gets paid more in Spain and he's basically home. Also he can always re-enter.. This is a no brainer for me if im Rubio.

Minnisota got burned and it sucks, but the writing was on the wall and there shouldn't be any whining about it..

pacofunk64
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
No idea who Rubio is? I guess it will stay that way.

KmB728
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Which is why the Wolves drafted Flynn AND Rubio

asandhu23
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM
who's that girl in your sig again?

heidi klum number 42nd person to ask me this

lakerssssssss
08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
espn says its not official yet.
here is the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4423952

colinskik
08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Which is why the Wolves drafted Flynn AND Rubio
But they could have had Flynn AND Hill, Curry etc, etc. Plus they gave up Foye and Miller for nothing.

Once again, Kahn shows what a rook he is.

Iron24th
08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
= Wasted draft pick for the Timberwolves

Exactly,drafting him was a joke.

Lo Porto
08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Damn I bet Kahn wishes he would have drafted Curry or somebody else. What a waste of a pick on Kahns part.

If this is final, which some still say it isn't, Kahn looks like an idiot. If Kahn still has time, he should trade Rubio and Cardinal to the Knicks ASAP for Lee and Nate. Resolves two ugly situations with one trade. It sucks for the NBA if this kid stays in Europe.

Lo Porto
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM

I can't believe they even have to ask.

asandhu23
08-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I can't believe they even have to ask.

yeah sad it is.

LakeShowRaider
08-26-2009, 05:40 PM
What a freakin waste of hype and a drafft pick

WITZ
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I wonder if he would got drafted by the knicks if this woulda gone down.Sucks for the T-Wolves a wasted draft pick.

The Ooh Child
08-26-2009, 05:46 PM

It's your fault for including such awesome bewbs in your sig. Maybe you should type in your sig "Hiedi Klum has awesome bewbs"

Kyle916
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I wonder what this situation would be had the Kings drafted him.

Maybe Evans was the right choice. We will never really know though...

ko8e24
08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Rubio=Selfish, now we won't have to hear about this douche for the next 3 yrs :clap:

DerekRE_3
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I wonder what this situation would be had the Kings drafted him.

Maybe Evans was the right choice. We will never really know though...

Even if Rubio was coming this year, I'd rather have Tyreke.

UofA
08-26-2009, 06:16 PM
gay

Kyle916
08-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Even if Rubio was coming this year, I'd rather have Tyreke.

Yeah I'm with you on that, but just things to think about.

tland22
08-26-2009, 06:26 PM
So Barcelona agreed to pay 3,7M euros to get him from Joventud, his buyout to NBA will decrease every year but it seems that it will only be affordable after the 3rd year.

http://www.marca.com/2009/08/26/baloncesto/acb/1251278631.html

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/barca-presenta-dkv-oferta-35/dasbal/20090826dasdasbal_1/Tes

he STINKS

Reversed86Curse
08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
that sounds like a Minnesota PR rep trying to do damage control...lol

they couldve had Flynn without trading Foye. and 3 years to wait for a #5 pick is unheard of. thats an eternity for a franchise trying to rebuild. to assume his stock will rise is assuming alot. alot can happen in 3 years.

how many years have they (Darkos teams) been waiting for Darko to develope, but Rubios situation is better because at least he's going to play at a competetive level.

vash9
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Man, a wasted draft pick.

But i'm not too disappointed. If Rubio doesn't want to play in the NBA, it's his lost. He would've had way more publicity or fame in America considering the pass/assist first PG are rare now and days ESPECIALLY this young.

AI4MVP
08-26-2009, 07:16 PM
why doesnt anyone understand that hes the one the wants to come to the nba but cant because of the ridiculous buyout? his said many times in his interviews that his number one wish was to join the timberwolves this year. u guys jut think he doesnt want to come because of the team that drafted him

ko8e24
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
why doesnt anyone understand that hes the one the wants to come to the nba but cant because of the ridiculous buyout? his said many times in his interviews that his number one wish was to join the timberwolves this year. u guys jut think he doesnt want to come because of the team that drafted him

yes

FNM BOY
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
How did he know that he wouldn't be able to play for the next 4 years or more? From the begging he expected to be a top 3 pick to he can have a big enough salary to buy himself out his contract. He has repeatedly said that he wants to play in the NBA, no matter what team he plays. I hate when people talk **** about him when they don't know the full situation. The person you guys have to hate is Joventut owner or manager or whoever made Rubio's buyout clause and did not lower it (he actually raised it).And I'm not saying he's not cocky. He probably is cocky, but so is every other NBA player. Hell I'm cocky when I play basketball and I SUCK, if I was good as Rubio is I would be so cocky.

To be honest I dont give a flying ****!! He is not on my team....sad for Minnesota. The Wizards won big in that trade!!

IBleedPurple
08-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Despite what others said, it wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened in basketball. Rubio's diva status before he ever played in the league hurt him big time. He banked on being a top 2 pick, and the top 4 teams were smart enough to avoid him

Then why the back and forth right after he was drafted about not knowing what he was gonna do. His comments in interviews were likely just to soften the opinions of others and of the Wolves.

It isn't like this draft pick is totally lost, but the Wolves made a mistake in taking him. I wouldn't mind at all if Rubio was banned from the NBA. He could've easily just played out his original European contract and then entered the draft. What is so hard about that?

asandhu23
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
It's your fault for including such awesome bewbs in your sig. Maybe you should type in your sig "Hiedi Klum has awesome bewbs"

done

Hawkeye15
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
When Rubio fell out of the top 3, any team, including the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, or ANY team, would not have been able to do anything more than Minnesota is, sorry. He has stated that he has no problem playing in Minnesota. SO anyone who thinks it is because of the team he was drafted by needs to shut the F up, and do some research away from PSD.
If he stays, so be it. He is 18. We will take him when he is 20. Big deal.
He went into the draft being told he was a top 3 pick. When he fell out, the buyout became an issue. NBA teams can only pay $500,000 of a buyout, no matter who they are. They can contribute nothing else. If you still don't understand this, stop reading, and do what Billy Madison did, and start in kindergarden and try again.
Kahn will not trade him this summer. There is no need. Whichever team he were to get traded to, is not going to get him if the Wolves can't. It is simply smoke screens coming from spanish news to try and get Joventut as much as they can.
The funny thing is, if he doesn't come over this summer, all of you will forget about him, until he comes over in 2 years, wins ROY, and is a badass starting PG.
And to those who think Tyreke is better, for this year, easy. He is a man. In 4 years, not so much.

akagiredsuns
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Waiting for a mod to give a ban. But it hardly ever happens.

asandhu23
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Waiting for a mod to give a ban. But it hardly ever happens.

it happens... it happened yesterday

boeknows
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow i didnt realize there were this many uneducated fans on this situation. I just thought they were the Knicks fans who keep coming into our forum.

SeoulBeatz
08-27-2009, 01:07 AM

wtf? he is not to blame for the situation.

its all on the twolves for making the ******** decision to draft him AND flynn.

No one wants to play in Minny, and i know its a beautiful place, but its no L.A or N.Y. international players want exposure and I'm positive that if rubio had gone to the knicks, this would be a non issue.

minny is to blame.. period

boeknows
08-27-2009, 01:37 AM

No one wants to play in Minny, and i know its a beautiful place, but its no L.A or N.Y. international players want exposure and I'm positive that if rubio had gone to the knicks, this would be a non issue.

add one more to the list

Hawkeye15
08-27-2009, 10:39 AM

before you post, be ready to back your claim. You are giving an opinion on top, and then claiming something next, that is not true. Move on from this subject if you don't care to research it.

theuuord
08-27-2009, 10:53 AM
good thing. Minny fans would have been pissed at him shooting 29% all year. now he's got time to work on his scoring. lord knows he needs it.

theuuord
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM
And to those who think Tyreke is better, for this year, easy. He is a man. In 4 years, not so much.

whaa? Tyreke is 19. Ricky is 18. age is barely a factor here.

LakersIn5
08-27-2009, 10:59 AM
if a draft pick doesnt sign with the team that drafted him, the player can enter the draft the next year? YES OR NO?

static_inferno
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
there needs to be a change in the NBA rules. i know you can't tell a player if you're drafted by this team you HAVE to play for them, but there should be a rule stating if you are entering the draft you can't be currently under contract with another pro team outside the US. that way there's no freaking hype over a player who's not even gonna play.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
whaa? Tyreke is 19. Ricky is 18. age is barely a factor here.

In build, Tyreke is a man. That is what I meant. He is much more physically ready for the NBA.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
if a draft pick doesnt sign with the team that drafted him, the player can enter the draft the next year? YES OR NO?

if he sits out a year entirely, and signs and plays with nobody, then yes. That can't happen, he would still have to get his buyout settled.

colinskik
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Smooth move, Kahn.

azkarraga
08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
insults (and ********) apart, i watched him play yesterday with Team Spain vs Team Israel. Garbo, Rudy, Gasol (marc), Navarro were there too. They won by 40+. and he did some sweet assists, some quite wild.

i think the kid is nba ready. and i still think he's coming.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
there needs to be a change in the NBA rules. i know you can't tell a player if you're drafted by this team you HAVE to play for them, but there should be a rule stating if you are entering the draft you can't be currently under contract with another pro team outside the US. that way there's no freaking hype over a player who's not even gonna play.

problem is europe doe snot work like usa.

You are a ki and grow into a team then if they see potential in you when you are 16 they offer you a long contract and threaten you to take it or they wont play you a single more minute an cut your progression so you have no other way to do things but acpt the contract and the buy out.

I see it the other way around, the ruls that hsould be removed is the stpuid only 500 k for buyouts thing.

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
wish he wudda come

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
is henk coming