PDA

View Full Version : Why is Nate's suspended liscense such a big deal?

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I understand that it's more bad publicity for the Knicks when Nate gets in trouble, but his charge for driving (sober) with a suspended license is being blown out of proportion.
It's not like he assaulted a woman at his house like Ron Artest. He didn't lie about going to a funeral, instead going to a strip club like Zach Randolph. He didn't fire off a few rounds in front of a night club like Stephen Jackson. He didn't admit to smoking pot or leave on the counter for a photo-op like Marbury or Beasley, respectively.
It's not like he got in a well-publicized fight with another team... oh wait, he did. Are his past transgressions the reason he's being bothered so much for driving with a suspended license, when it's so comparatively minimal?

Gibby23
08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
It's not. It happened about a week ago and I didn't see any threads about it until this one. Better question, why did you make a thread about?

You think it is a big enough deal to make a thread about and have people discuss how it is not a big deal.

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Who says it is such a big deal?

:confused:

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
it's not. It happened about a week ago and i didn't see any threads about it until this one. Better question, why did you make a thread about?

you think it is a big enough deal to make a thread about and have people discuss how it is not a big deal.

pwned!

29$JerZ
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
:facepalm:

It's not a big deal, except for the police department.

MiamiHeat
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
first time hearing about this

scully8743
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
it's not a big deal

vash9
08-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Not really a big deal at all..

in fact this is actually the first thread that i've seen created by a user about Nate's situation.

samkess2121
08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I think it recieved more coverage than it should've but supposedly he acted stupid after getting pulled over by the cop. There was a report that he started blasting his music when the cop was walking towards his car and that when the cop came to his window he asked "do you know who I am" in an effort to get out of any trouble he was in. Not really a big deal but he acted pretty foolishly

PJAF
08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Not a big deal but Knicks can make it a big deal if they want to get rid of him.

slaker619
08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Itz Not A Big Deal At All Or Waz It Because He Twitter While He Was In Cuffs

mrblisterdundee
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
It's not. It happened about a week ago and I didn't see any threads about it until this one. Better question, why did you make a thread about?

You think it is a big enough deal to make a thread about and have people discuss how it is not a big deal.

You must not visit this sight very much, considering there was an article linked to on the main NBA page.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
This is the first thread I've seen. No one cares about a suspended license. It happens all the time. If he had a gun or a weapon then it would be a big deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I understand that it's more bad publicity for the Knicks when Nate gets in trouble, but his charge for driving (sober) with a suspended license is being blown out of proportion.
It's not like he assaulted a woman at his house like Ron Artest. He didn't lie about going to a funeral, instead going to a strip club like Zach Randolph. He didn't fire off a few rounds in front of a night club like Stephen Jackson. He didn't admit to smoking pot or leave on the counter for a photo-op like Marbury or Beasley, respectively.
It's not like he got in a well-publicized fight with another team... oh wait, he did. Are his past transgressions the reason he's being bothered so much for driving with a suspended license, when it's so comparatively minimal?

HAHA, i didn't know that!!

But to the topic:

If you would not have done this thread, then it wouldn't have been a big deal!
So, this thread=FAIL

lakers4sho
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Nate's license got suspended??

azkarraga
08-27-2009, 02:21 PM
he was driving on kryptonite?

jimbobjarree
08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
haha

go nate, screw them

Kohaku