PDA

View Full Version : One on One

Lakersfanla24
08-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Do you guys think they should add a 1v1 tournament to the all-star weekend? if so who do you think would be willing to participate.
I personally think it would be a great idea unfortunately i dont think any of the big name players would do it. Wouldnt want to crush their gigantic egos :rolleyes:, i think some of the other players would be up for it tho.

KB---24
08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
well if you ask me I think Kobe wouldnt mind doing it along with maybe Wade and Shaq and Dwight. Lebron is out of the question!!

DLeeicious
08-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Here is the thing about that. I would LOVE to see a true one-on-one tourney with the NBA. However here is how it would happen...they would play about 25% on defense intentionally and turn it into a dunk contest or 3 point contest. They would play bad enough defense so it is obvious they are letting the other player put on a show. Because as you said, they won't want to bruise their egos.

Lakersfanla24
08-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Kobe might go for it cuz he knows hes the best, but lebron hell no he had those tapes confiscated cuz he got dunked on and it wasnt even that bad. Can you imagine him losing a 1v1 tournament hed try to shut down all-star weekend:p

slaker619
08-25-2009, 04:22 PM
That Would Hot I Think Wade Or Lebron Will Win It

Lo Porto
08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
It depends. If they take it semi-seriously, then it would be really cool. If they dick around, then it would suck just like the real all star game.

Sports Illustrator
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
It would definitely be nice to have one for entertainment purposes although one-on-one doesn't really mean too much.

A lot of people take the game of one-on-one very seriously though, so it wouldn't really be an event to just have fun. There is an emotional aspect to playing one-on-one, which is why it probably isn't part of all-star weekend. The purpose of All-Star weekend is for players to catch a break from the regular season as well as having fun in participating in different events.

FlawlessKB24
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
league wont allow that
players can get hurt. and if they dont go full effort, who cares

injuries are less likely in a 3 point shootout or dunk contest.

the HORSE thing sucked. they werent even jumping
all star game is already lame enough

WITZ
08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
If they get top players it would be interesting unlike that FAILURE of horse the added last year.

Mavrix
08-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Here is the thing about that. I would LOVE to see a true one-on-one tourney with the NBA. However here is how it would happen...they would play about 25% on defense intentionally and turn it into a dunk contest or 3 point contest. They would play bad enough defense so it is obvious they are letting the other player put on a show. Because as you said, they won't want to bruise their egos.

Agreed 100%

Lakersfanla24
08-25-2009, 04:37 PM
league wont allow that
players can get hurt. and if they dont go full effort, who cares

injuries are less likely in a 3 point shootout or dunk contest.

the HORSE thing sucked. they werent even jumping
all star game is already lame enough

Players can get hurt doing pretty much anything, u think they are invincible during the actual all-star game? ill admit they are less likely to get hurt during 3 pt and dunk contest but a half court one on one tourney would be the awsome. I dont think the players would go easy i think they would play harder cuz its you vs the other guy no one to help take the blame if you fail.

Ebbs
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Agreed 100%

second the motion but i think its worse then that i dotn think most the stars would even do it.

vash9
08-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Kobe might go for it cuz he knows hes the best, but lebron hell no he had those tapes confiscated cuz he got dunked on and it wasnt even that bad. Can you imagine him losing a 1v1 tournament hed try to shut down all-star weekend:p

I honestly think this is just about the topic of Lebron vs Kobe. Considering, first you say it would be awesome for a 1v1, second, your a Lakers fan, and third, out of alllllllll the players in the NBA, you draw it down to two of the best players. Sure it would be awesome for us to see them go at it, but come on, it will most likely never happen.

Why couldn't it have been OJ Mayo vs Rip Hamilton?

Lakersfanla24
08-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I honestly think this is just about the topic of Lebron vs Kobe. Considering, first you say it would be awesome for a 1v1, second, your a Lakers fan, and third, out of alllllllll the players in the NBA, you draw it down to two of the best players. Sure it would be awesome for us to see them go at it, but come on, it will most likely never happen.

Why couldn't it have been OJ Mayo vs Rip Hamilton?

I wasnt trying to make it a kobe vs lebron topic i even said in the original post that most of the big name players probably wouldnt go for it. There is enough Kobe Vs Lebron threads already not my intentions at all, if it came across as that my bad. Also not all laker fans are like most of the ones on here I actually love the game in general just the lakers are my favorite team.:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
None of the top players would do it.

FlawlessKB24
08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Players can get hurt doing pretty much anything, u think they are invincible during the actual all-star game? ill admit they are less likely to get hurt during 3 pt and dunk contest but a half court one on one tourney would be the awsome. I dont think the players would go easy i think they would play harder cuz its you vs the other guy no one to help take the blame if you fail.

i know you can get hurt during the ASG.
but the actual game is boring. they dont try.
lets keep it to that rather than having a 1-1 tourney

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
What is the point?

Who would want to watch LeBron storm through everyone?

:shrug:

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 05:57 PM
i know you can get hurt during the ASG.
but the actual game is boring. they dont try.
lets keep it to that rather than having a 1-1 tourney

The 2009 All-Star game was...boring? :rolleyes:

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM

Hahaha...no. :pity:

IDB Josh M
08-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Hell yeah there should be! Slam dunk competition is overrated, a 1v1 half court game would be baller! 1 Person from each team representing.

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2009, 06:27 PM
PG:
1. Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams
2. Steve Nash vs. Jason Kidd
3. Devin Harris vs. Tony Parker
4. Derrick Rose vs. Russell Westbrook
5. Johny Flynn vs. Ricky Rubio

SG:
1. Kobe Bryant vs. Dwayne Wade
2. Brandon Roy vs. Joe Johnson
3. Ray Allen vs. Michael Redd
4. Allen Iverson vs. Monta Ellis
5. J.R. Smith vs. Jason Terry

SF:
1. LeBron James vs. Carmello Anthony
2. Danny Granger vs. Paul Pierce
3. Rashard Lewis vs. Gerald Wallace
4. Stephen Jackson vs. Tracy McGrady
5. Marvin Williams vs. Hakim Warrick

PF:
1. Tim Duncan vs. Elton Brand (healthy)
2. Dirk Nowitzki vs. Chris Bosh
3. Paul Milsap vs. Kevin Love
4. Blake Griffin vs. Michael Beasley (sober)
5. Emeka Okafor vs. David Lee

C:
1. Dwight Howard vs. Amare Stoudemire
2. Yao Ming vs. Shaquille O'Neal
3. Andrew Bynum vs. Greg Oden
4. Marcus Camby vs. Dikembe Mutumbo (i know he's retired)
5. Brook Lopez vs. Al Horford

Lakersfanla24
08-25-2009, 06:37 PM
PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

only things id change is id put Kevin Durant in place of Rashard Lewis hes a PF isnt he? instead of marvin williams and hakkim warrick id have Josh Smith Vs Kevin Martin good list tho:cheers:

NYKnickFanatic
08-25-2009, 06:38 PM
PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

Should be:

Lee vs. Love
Milsap vs. Okafor

;)

lakers4sho
08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't want to see Centers play 1-on-1 :o

MTar786
08-26-2009, 01:23 AM
they shouldnt make it a tournament cuz i think less big players will want to join. they should make a card kinda thing so it gives appeal. for example

1st game
jordan farmar vs jason williams

2nd game

rookie vs rookie (rose vs mayo)

3rd game main event

vince carter vs tmac (well known stars)

i dont know if guys like lebron or kobe or wade would participate but im sure just like how lebron is gna be in the dunk contest this year... every few years u may get lucky and see a kobe vs wade type of game. but usually pretty big stars like. ron artest vs RJ or mo williams vs jameer nelson or brandon roy vs kevin durant.

Raph12
08-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Shaq could post them all down and win it all lol (provided no back-to-the-basket violation)

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
only things id change is id put Kevin Durant in place of Rashard Lewis hes a PF isnt he? instead of marvin williams and hakkim warrick id have Josh Smith Vs Kevin Martin good list tho:cheers:

First off, Rashard Lewis is a small forward who's been forced to play power forward. Second off, Josh Smith is a power forward and Kevin Martin is a shooting guard, so why would they go one on one? I'm putting players where they actually fit.