PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs - #4 Chicago Bulls vs #5 Milwaukee Bucks

BlondeBomber41
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Every offseason some of us on PSD do a mock offseason where we simulate an offseason by doing mock free agency and trades. Below are the rosters of two teams after the game, please look at both rosters and give your honest opinion on who you believe would win.

Remember, these votes have nothing to do with your real team so there is no reason to be a homer.

Chicago Bulls Lineup:

PG: Derrick Rose - Sebastian Telfair - Lindsey Hunter
SG: Randy Foye - Daequan Cook - Willie Green
SF: Andrei Kirilenko - Mike Miller - Corey Brewer
PF: Chris Bosh - Craig Smith - Louis Amundson
C: Joakim Noah - Ben Wallace - Kyrylo Fesenko

Milwaukee Bucks Lineup:

Sammy Dalembert | Mikki Moore | Francisco Elson
Charlie Villanueva | Darius Songaila | Malik Allen
Josh Howard | Jason Kapono | Dorell Wright
Michael Redd | Larry Hughes | Maurice Evans
Rajon Rondo | Raymond Felton | Anthony Carter

Chicago Bulls Series Writeup:

A Few Words: I think that this is a great series for the fans of the Chicago Bulls. First off, we have home court advantage. We honestly feel that we have the best player at every single starting position, and off the bench as well. Our strategy will be just to play Bulls basketball. We'll get right up in your face and play hard nose defense that people have grown accustomed to with the Chicago Bulls. Foye, AK47 and Noah are all great defenders and will have no problem locking down their opposition. Offensively, we have A TON of options. Our number one option can vary from night to night between Rose or Bosh. Rose will slice and dice his way to the basket, getting double teamed and creating open shots all over the court. Bosh is a monster just to throw the ball down low and watch go to work. We've got plenty of 3 point shooters like Mike Miller, Foye, and Daequan Cook. We have a garbage man in Joakim Noah who will have a field day cleaning up any missed shots, catching alley oops from Rose, and just doing all the dirty work. Noah was the 2nd best offensive rebounder in the NBA last season. We'll probably go with a nice 8 man rotation of Rose/Foye/AK47/Bosh/Noah with Cook/Miller/Smith coming off the bench. Rose/Foye/Miller all can handle the rock as a PG and we'll still have Telfair off the bench we can use in an emergency. Miller/Foye/Cook can all shoot the three. Bosh is the big post scorer with Smith also being able to score down low, and Noah/AK47 are the defensive anchors of this team and aren't being asked to score (however both can very easily score 10 PPG) off garbage baskets and easy dunks created by Rose. If any problems should arise, we're very confident in the rest of our bench. Telfair, Ben Wallace, Lindsey Hunter, Willie Green, Corey Brewer, Louis Amundson, Kyrylo Fesenko.

Derrick Rose vs. Rajon Rondo: I don't think there's someone out there that doesn't remember this epic match up from the 2008/2009 playoffs. Rose/Rondo put on a show throughout the memorable seven game series. You could probably say that Rajon got the better of Rose in that series if you JUST look at his numbers for that series. 19/9/12 is pretty impressive. However, KG was out for that series making Rondo's scoring and rebounding numbers inflate, not to mention a high percentage of those games heading to multiple OTs also inflating his numbers. Rose was fantastic throughout the series as well. He averaged 20/6/6. That is as a 20 year old rookie, leading his 7th seeded (41-41) Chicago Bulls against the big bad, reigning Champion Boston Celtics to an epic 8 game series. In that series Rose had tied Magic Johnson for the most points ever in a playoff debut (36). Rose went on to capture Rookie of the Year, and now that Rose has more weapons around him, we expect him to have a much better series.

Randy Foye vs. Michael Redd: Let's cut to the chase, Redd is often injured. He played in 33 games last year, who knows what Michael Redd that Milwaukee is going to get? Randy Foye is coming off a fantastic season where he averaged 16/3/4. We're very confident that he can lock down Redd and his old legs, and we love how versitile Foye is where both he and Rose can alternate between PG/SG if needed. He's playing next to two GREAT young players in Rose and Bosh, and a bunch of other really nice pieces around him that should help elevate his game to another level.

Andrei Kirilenko vs. Josh Howard: Josh Howard is a good scorer. What else does he do? I'm not so sure. We have a good equalizer for that: AK47. Kirilenko is one of the best defensive players in the league. We are extremely confident that he will lock Josh Howard down. We aren't looking for AK to score, we know what we're going to get out of Andrei and that's a little bit of everything. There isn't anything this man can't do and his averages will only go up since we're moving him back into a starter's role and giving him 30-35 MPG. AK is our defensive stopper.

Chris Bosh vs. Charlie Villanueva: Is this even fair? CV31 is a NICE player, probably best suited to come off the bench. He's still a jump shooting PF, who can't rebound. Chris Bosh, is a superstar. You can already write him in for 22/10/2.5 at the VERY LEAST! Bosh is a former All-Star, All-NBA 2nd Team, Olympic Champion. You win Championships with your big men. Chris Bosh vs Charlie Villanueva? Like I said before, it's not even fair.

Joakim Noah vs. Samuel Dalembert: Dalembert is a decent Center, there's no denying that. We think his best days are behind him as his numbers have dipped for the last couple of seasons though. Joakim Noah is a red hot young prospect. He has only played two seasons in the NBA so far. You can throw away his 2008/2009 regular season statastics, they are very flawed. Joakim came into last season very out of shape, and that's definitely HIS fault! Once Joakim turned it around and finally got in shape, it clearly showed. From January 1st to the end of the season, Noah averaged a near double double with 8/9/1.5. That's pretty good for a 2nd year Center. We think Noah showed what he's really about though, in the iconic playoff series against Boston. In those 7 games, Noah averaged 10/13/2/2 (points/rebounds/assists/blocks). We feel he can only improve on those numbers and show why he's a back-to-back former NCAA Champion.

Mike Miller vs. Raymond Felton: These two players are each of our team's best players off the bench, also known as the 6th man. Felton is a decent player, however when he comes in; he'll be replacing Rondo (or maybe even Redd) which actually downgrades the team. Mike Miller is one of the best 6th men in the NBA, and that's evident by his 6th Man award that he won just a couple of years ago. He's every thing we wanted in a 6th man, a guy who can play SG/SF (who has great passing, like an extra PG) who can just flat out shoot the ball (and a GREAT rebounder as well). We're just asking Mike to stand behind the arch, catch and shoot the ball when Rose gets to the basket and throws the ball out to Mike for a wide open attempt.

Sebastian Telfair/Daequan Cook/Craig Smith/Ben Wallace vs. Larry Hughes/Jason Kapono/Darius Songaila/Mikki Moore: The rest of our bench vs. his. I'm not to sure about the Bucks' bench. Larry Hughes has worn out his welcome every where he's played and has been traded teams A LOT in the last couple seasons. Having Hughes on the Bulls for a season, we can pretty much say he's a team cancer. Kapono is the only player we like off their bench. Songalia is just okay, and Mikki Moore is a scrub who couldn't get PT over Brian Scalbrini last season. I believe most of our bench players can come in and provide a positive for us. Telfair, Cook and Smith all averaged 10 points per game last year and all do it differently. Telfair is a guy who can slice to the basket and backup Rose. Cook is another 3 point shooter who all we want to do is catch and shoot. Smith is another post scorer who we can throw it to down low and watch him go to work and Ben Wallace is still a very good defender (we aren't asking him to score at all).

Milwaukee Bucks Series Writeup:

As you know when the Bucks entered the offseason they weren't looking that great. In real life they were more concerned about saving bucks ($$) than winning games; however, in this game we want to go for the title. First up for us is the Bulls.

C: Sam Dalembert (6.4 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 1.8 bpg) vs Joakim Noah (6.7 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.4 bpg)
We feel that this is a fairly even match. Dalembert was in a slump last year as he had been averaging a double double the year before that. Head to head they also put up similar numbers with Dalemberts being slightly better.

PF: Chris Bosh (22.7 ppg, 10.0 rpg) vs Charlie Villanueva (16.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg)
This matchup obviously favors the Bulls but we feel that CVill's familarity with Bosh from their days together in Toronto will help him in his efforts to contain Bosh. If he has trouble with Bosh in the post we can always switch Dalembert on him.

SF: Josh Howard (18.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg) vs Andrei Kirilenko (11.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg)
Here we have a matchup with players who are going in two different directions. Howard is young and still improving while Kirilenko is no longer the Kirilenko of old. Howard will win this matchup fairly easily.

SG: Michael Redd (21.2 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.7 apg) vs Randy Foye (16.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.3 apg)
Another matchup that goes in favor of the Bucks. Aside from Redd being a true SG and Foye being more of a combo guard Redd is a veteran and a pure shooter. He has a size advantage over Foye as well. If Foye proves too quick for Redd, we can always bring Felton in off the bench.

PG: Rondo (11.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 8.2 apg, 1.9 spg) vs Rose (16.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 6.3 apg, 0.8 spg)
Finally the matchup you've been waiting for: Rajon Rondo vs Derrick Rose. A NBA champ vs the Rookie of the Year. Now while most teams would just hope someone would tell Rose that this was an SAT test in hopes that someone else would show up, the Bucks are ready for him. We have the deepest PG lineup in the game with Felton and Anthony Carter off our bench. As evidenced by the playoffs these two are pretty close with a slight edge to Rondo but we feel that our pg depth is more than enough to remove any doubts.

Overall:
These two teams have a contrast in styles of play. Bulls are primarily Bosh-Rose pick and roll while the Bucks rely more on the back court and mid range shooting. Both have solid youngsters running the show. The main difference is how the teams can hold up if something were to happen to that pg. While the Bucks have Felton to step in and take control the Bulls have to rely on Telfair. This will be a tight series but once again Rondo will lead his team to a victory over Rose's

Saint Brian
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Bulls. Bosh and Rose are too much.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Who is the Raptors GM?

Who did you trade Bosh for?

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
traded him for jamaal crawford and Biedrins and picks or something else I believe to the Warriors, then I think he ended up on the Grizzlies for Granger, then okafor and BG7 (who I rejected for Amare) got him to the Bulls

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
anyway, I voted for the Bucks. Rondo and rose just had a great series, thats very close. Redd is way better than Foye and will go at 20+ and is a great shooter. As a Jazz fan I get to see AK alot, and he is not as quick as he used to be, he's not strong enough to guard in the post either, and he's just frustrating to watch at times, Howard takes this and will have a good series. Bosh will score more points, but he is a sub par defender and Vil will get his fill. A wash at center, and the benches are close, Miller has never been the same after his injury whilst the Bucks have Felton.

for me the wing strength of the Bucks clinches it

KH12
08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
You're assuming Redd can make it back on the court. He only played in 33 games last year.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:13 PM
:hide: I'm just giving my man dev some love, looks like he's losing out unfairly to people voting for rose and bosh, should be closer than this.

KH12
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
You just want an easier opponent in the second round! :p

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
no I get the Magic

KH12
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Damn it, I keep thinking you're a 1 seed for some reason.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Like the depth for the Bucks but I go with the Bulls.

Devils05
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
You just want an easier opponent in the second round! :pHow would it be easier? Your strengths are his strengths. I win the same positions against you as I would against him. His C, PF, and PG are better though.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Damn it, I keep thinking you're a 1 seed for some reason.

there there, its hard not to think that I know

RocketsRule
08-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I like the Bucks in this one. Other than Bosh, the match ups are either really close or in the favor of the Bucks.

JordansBulls
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Bulls in 6 IMO.

Joshtd1
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Took the Bucks in this one. Rondo played just as good if not better then Rose when they met up in the playoffs.

I think the Bucks have the better SG and C as well..and I think the SF is a wash. I think the benches are close, but I like the Bucks a bit more.

Close matchup, but I gave it to the Bucks. Pretty surprised its this far outta hand.