PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Michael Beasley Admitted Into Rehab

Fresno
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-beasleyheat082409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This isnt funny anymore, this is starting to look like a tragedy beginning to unfold.

:facepalm:

Where are the Heat fans to continue to defend Beasley's actions?

black1605
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
wow

NYKnickFanatic
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Thata boy B-Easy.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
rehab for weed? lol

Mike's the man, I hope he gets all this sorted. He needed the Heat to come out and say he was their future this summer along with Wade, but not to my knowledge Riley didnt do that, then he goes and does this..times must be rough.

Vidball
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow...hopefully he gets his life on track!

jsumadchat
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
:facepalm: @ Supercool Beas (douchebag...)

Robbw241
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
So can we just end it and say Brook Lopez >Beasley

Unruly Fan
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
rehab for weed? lol

Mike's the man, I hope he gets all this sorted. He needed the Heat to come out and say he was their future this summer along with Wade, but not to my knowledge Riley didnt do that, then he goes and does this..times must be rough.Although unproven guilty, he doesnt seem all that inoccent to me. Personally, I think its more than weed.

Nighthawk
08-24-2009, 12:49 PM
he smokes weed get over it...

Fresno
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Although unproven guilty, he doesnt seem all that inoccent to me. Personally, I think its more than weed.

This.

The article eludes to some potential suicide type comments he made on Twitter, and whether or not he was doing it for attention. You dont make or say comments like that unless those thoughts have come across your mind.

Everybody has had thoughts about killing themselves, but when you think into those thoughts and say it outloud whether jokingly or serious it is a cause for concern.

Fresno
08-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Im fine with him smoking weed, its allowed during the offseason.

However weed + depression(or whatever hes going through) can lead to something very unfortunate for himself or someone else. Theres a huge difference between casual smoking and drug addiction, obviously he must feel hes crossed the line.

DCSportsIsPain
08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Dumb ***. People with three brain cells shouldn't smoke marijuana.

Fresno
08-24-2009, 12:53 PM
So can we just end it and say Brook Lopez >Beasley
Yes.

But thats where it ends in terms of 1st Round Picks from 08'.

Rose>Beasley
Mayo>Beasley
Gordon>Beasley
Lopez>Beasley

Thats as far as I would go.

blackjack_119
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
The report didn't mention that he is going to rehab in an attempt to meet Amy Winehouse since she could probably set him up with a solid cocaine dealer.

3ballbomber
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
He's depressed because he nor the Heat can't figure out what friggin position he is able to play......

all jokes aside, his a bone head, a bafoon, a clown and a douche but i hope this can be a moment of clarity for him so he can focus on his game, maturity and focus. Get it together kid and come back and prove your doubter wrong.................seems a long shot but for Wade & Miami's sake i hope he does.

theimortalone
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
That is what happens when you take a pic with a bag of weed in it, and post it on twitter! :pity:

effen5
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
LOL at SOME Heat fans saying it wasn't weed, talk about ignorant, what else could it have been.

SOME HEAT FANS, dont jump me for this, most of the Heat fans knew what it was.

king4day
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM

In that picture, it looks like there's a couple of spoons on the floor too.
As far as I know, Weed doesn't make you depressed and suicidal. Sounds like he's got other demons.

kriviant
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Going to rehab for weed, what a joke. I would have liked it to not have to come to this, but if the heat management sees this as the most logical course of action, then so be it. I just hope Beasley learns his lesson and manages to come out on top at the end of all of this.

The article does seem to imply that Beasley is either depressed or suicidal because of the stuff he wrote on his twitter after the picture was released and this whole mess had unfolded. I saw those messages before but didn't really think much of it. I mean, he possibly had a baggie of pot. It's not that big a deal. I didn't think it would affect him that much. Although that's just speculation from the article after all.

Cullksinikers
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
If your doing something illegal, it's fine if you do it in the offseason :rolleyes:

Thatruth32
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
i wonder what he went in for.. most people dont go in just for piff

yojoe792
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Guys, he's not addicted to weed. It's obviously alcohol or some other crazy drug...the guy is depressed (if you read the article).

cubulls
08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
He is an ungrateful piece of ****. He has one of the greatest jobs in the world and is already on the path to pissing it all the way. Dumbass needs to wake the **** up.

reemy
08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes.

Rose>Beasley
Mayo>Beasley
Gordon>Beasley
Lopez>Beasley

Westbrook>Beasley?
Love>Beasley?

Fresno
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Guys, he's not addicted to weed. It's obviously alcohol or some other crazy drug...the guy is depressed (if you read the article).

Hes probably using cocaine, thats the typical party drug for people with boatloads of money.

btw hes in Miami, The Cocaine Capital.

Its possible he is addicted to weed, some guys can have that addiction take control of their life although you wont OD like with other drugs.

Bucks24226
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
if you read article it said he was checked in for Suicidal twitter posts to go along with the whole crack deal

slaker619
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
When Weed Becomes Legeal The Nba Should Giv Back B-Easy Hiz 50 Grand And Smoke A Little To Togetha

Fresno
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
He is an ungrateful piece of ****. He has one of the greatest jobs in the world and is already on the path to pissing it all the way. Dumbass needs to wake the **** up.

You think playing professional sports is a great job?:confused:

Hes young, hes using drugs, and is probably going through some emotional issues. Better off he gets help now rather than have it pushed aside as minor until something bad comes about it.

I cant help but think about Eddie Griffin when I think of this with Michael Beasley. He has to get it together NOW to avoid following down the same path that Griffin did.

lakersrock
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Good for him. He was smart enough and had a clear enough moment to get help. Most people are too stupid to not.

asandhu23
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
:facepalm: i just hope Amy Winehouse doesn't make a parody of "rehab" with beasley

cubulls
08-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Hes young, hes using drugs, and is probably going through some emotional issues. Better off he gets help now rather than have it pushed aside as minor until something bad comes about it.

I cant help but think about Eddie Griffin when I think of this with Michael Beasley. He has to get it together NOW to avoid following down the same path that Griffin did.

Millions of dollars to play a game...sounds like a great ****ing job to me.

rrude
08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I know I will probably get shouted down for this but here goes:

As a former, 7-year chronic user, I can tell you that the idea that weed isn't bad for you or isn't addictive is a complete scam perpetrated by people who want to rationalize their use and weed culture generally.

If I were a coach, GM or teammate I wouldn't want a pothead on my team. Smoking weed makes you more confused and sensitive, it makes you more involved with with what's up in your head than with what's going on outside it, just what you don't want when you are performing. (and that's just some of what it does) I generally assume that half the time "low B-ball IQ" is a euphemism for pothead, unless the guy seems genuinely dumb. And I don't believe for a second that NBA players who smoke don't smoke in the season, they just find away around the testing (if they are smart).

As far as it being addictive goes, I went through an intense month-long withdrawal when I quit cold turkey. Old-school thinking may call that 'psychological' but it sure seemed like something was happening to my body to me.

It's just common sense, if you put something in your body on a daily basis it's going to change your body chemistry. Don't be fooled!!

azkarraga
08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
rehab for weed? doesnt make sense.

Trouble87
08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
if this is all for some weed its bull****

I suppose it's good that he's getting some help though

bahama0811
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Good for him, I hope he can get his head straight.

Pensx3
08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Depression? give me a break, he is a ****ing joke. I love how this all came out after he had the picture of his new ni^^^^ and there was a baggy of something in the background. How stupid is this guy? I am willing to bet most of these young NBA players are borderline retarted

Mr.SmackYoMama
08-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I hope he gets it together.........Until then HEY HEY HEY HEY..........SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!!!!

Draco
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Damn.. I feel sorry for him. Kind of feel guilty talking bad about the guy when apparently it was the twitter posts that caused him to unravel.. yeesh.

Ethix11
08-24-2009, 01:54 PM
It obviously hurts when you have half the world bashing you on the internet critizing you making you look like a moron. When you have this image or idea you want to portray and its instantly scrutinized, it rearranges your reality a little bit. It sucks that hes been admitted to rehab for weed of all drugs because thats lame when half the NBA does it and hes singled out. Albeit, he did take a picture with it so he can only blame himself. If i were an NBA player, making millions of dollars, i would tattoo the cookie monster on my back and write something like supercoolcookies for example and half the world can kiss my azs. The only people that give a damn are the ones wasting their lives away critizing something permanent. Get a life. These negative posts are the main reason hes being admitted into rehab and he is depressed because he feels like the world is coming down on him and for something that to him may not even have been worth 2 minutes of his time. And i dont understand how him screwing up here equates to him being worse of a BASKETBALL player than Brooke or Love... Beasly still is better than Rose. Dont tell me Rose doesnt smoke. Since when is a gang affiliate, not involved in that sort of lifestyle? Nerds...

CityofTreez
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow, never want to hear a story like this!

Even though he beat my National Champion Jayhawks, I still have an ounce of respect for his work ethic, he was a beast, IDK anymore though!

If any player drated/signed admitted themselves into rehab, as a GM, i would easily restructure their contract and have the player receive less money, they are slowly slipping away when rehab is in the future, IMO

CityofTreez
08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I hope he gets it together.........Until then HEY HEY HEY HEY..........SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!!!!

"Smokin Green in the Bay, Running my team like Brett Favre" ~On my momma though~

prodigy
08-24-2009, 01:59 PM
maimi is well know for the drugs. I'm sure its real tough being rich and having to see drugs in every club.

nstojic
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM

:confused:

tescu
08-24-2009, 02:04 PM
G-Luck Beasley, go get yoself together

b_russ
08-24-2009, 02:10 PM
I know I will probably get shouted down for this but here goes:

As a former, 7-year chronic user, I can tell you that the idea that weed isn't bad for you or isn't addictive is a complete scam perpetrated by people who want to rationalize their use and weed culture generally.

If I were a coach, GM or teammate I wouldn't want a pothead on my team. Smoking weed makes you more confused and sensitive, it makes you more involved with with what's up in your head than with what's going on outside it, just what you don't want when you are performing. (and that's just some of what it does) I generally assume that half the time "low B-ball IQ" is a euphemism for pothead, unless the guy seems genuinely dumb. And I don't believe for a second that NBA players who smoke don't smoke in the season, they just find away around the testing (if they are smart).

As far as it being addictive goes, I went through an intense month-long withdrawal when I quit cold turkey. Old-school thinking may call that 'psychological' but it sure seemed like something was happening to my body to me.

It's just common sense, if you put something in your body on a daily basis it's going to change your body chemistry. Don't be fooled!!

No criticism from me. Good post.

iggypop123
08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
you get paid millions to play a great sport. why ruin it with weed?

b_rad23
08-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes.

Rose>Beasley
Mayo>Beasley
Gordon>Beasley
Lopez>Beasley

:laugh:

Westbrook>Beasley?
Love>Beasley?

:laugh:

Depression? give me a break, he is a ****ing joke. I love how this all came out after he had the picture of his new ni^^^^ and there was a baggy of something in the background. How stupid is this guy? I am willing to bet most of these young NBA players are borderline retarted

Obviously most NBA players aren't the brightest. Look at Rose cheating on the SATs and having grades changed. Look at Mayo being a 21 year old freshman in college.

you get paid millions to play a great sport. why ruin it with weed?

Ruin it? How is it ruined??

GDG
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
well, at least he acknowledges he has a problem.. so there's some hope he'll get it together

Ace33Bone
08-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I think this is just his way of calling out for help... he really needs it... but with that being said dude is still a beast on the court and you cannot take that away from him... Hope all goes well and no Brook Lopez > Beasley... r u serious?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe he should smarten up.

He reminds me of Derrick Coleman.

Had the potential to be great but had a lot of problems. Beasley is headed that direction so far.

CQSox305
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I feel bad for the guy. None the less I am thrilled the Bulls chose Rose over this clown.

DaBUU
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Damn.. I feel sorry for him. Kind of feel guilty talking bad about the guy when apparently it was the twitter posts that caused him to unravel.. yeesh.

How could you feel bad about someone who is obviously mentally weak? Not mentally handicapped, he deserves whatever he brings on himself. The guy makes millions to play a kids game, he needs to man up and get over it.

MaHaRaJaH
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
ahem. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA. That made my day.

DaPrimeTime21
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
How could you feel bad about someone who is obviously mentally weak? Not mentally handicapped, he deserves whatever he brings on himself. The guy makes millions to play a kids game, he needs to man up and get over it.

do you know anything about depression? it isn't as simple as "manning up":mad:
This isnt a personal attack on you, I really just picked one of the many with similar sentiments.

i'm not a heat fan or even a MB fan, but as a fellow human being I wish him the best with his life...

ChiMaverick
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
:facepalm: i just hope Amy Winehouse doesn't make a parody of "rehab" with beasley

Amazing Sig!!!!! :clap:

DaBUU
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
do you know anything about depression? it isn't as simple as "manning up":mad:
This isnt a personal attack on you, I really just picked one of the many with similar sentiments.

i'm not a heat fan or even a MB fan, but as a fellow human being I wish him the best with his life...

Without getting too personal, yes i do know a little bit about depression. IMHO a lot of it is giving into mental and emotional insecurities. Believe it or not when it comes to some types of depression you actually can man up and fight the feeling. Putting down the bowl is a good place to start i guess.

macc
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Man up? Are you serious? Realize you have no idea what the guy is going through so I wouldn't be so quick to tell a guy to "get over it". The guy is in the spot light and all he's hearing is how he should be doing this on the court and what he needs to work on..ect ect. People can only hear so much about how bad they play basketball. Noone knows how they would react unless they were in that situation. I'm not saying that because people think he's a terrible ball player but rarely do people talk about a players strengths. Look at Lebron James. I hear more about the fact he needs to work on his jump shot than about him being the most dominant player in basketball. People have a breaking point. Some people can just hold themselves together better.

At least the guy is trying to get help. Instead of jumping on the guy for doing it how about congratulating him for getting the help he needs. Its a public embarrassment yet he's doing it to help him out mentally.

The guys what? 19 yrs old? He's still a kid, Miami has a huge fan base. It's not hard to figure out that it all could be over whelming at times. Just because a guy makes millions doesn't make everything better. I think it's such an ignorant statement when people say just because he makes good money, everything should be ok.

But that's just my opinion.

Halladay
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Everyone gets depressed. Get over it and play ball.

LA_Raiders
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Another Crackhead...B-Easy...

MTar786
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM

OFCOURSE IT IS! i would love to earn millions for doing something i love.. even tho it may be a lot of hard work. like keeping a diet, working out, moving cities and not participating in other activities outside my league.

Fresno
08-24-2009, 03:20 PM
OFCOURSE IT IS! i would love to earn millions for doing something i love.. even tho it may be a lot of hard work. like keeping a diet, working out, moving cities and not participating in other activities outside my league.

Yeah that looks fun, now image living that life while suffering from drug addiction &/or depression.

We tend to think these rich athletes should be happy, but unfortunately thats now always the case. They are human beings just like me & you.

Wow @ the Heat fan who claimed Rose is a worse human being than Beasley for not taking his SAT and being in a dumb picture, and Beasley is a better player than Rose. Wow @ Heat fans on here.

MTar786
08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
btw i dont think its just weed. i hope so tho for his sake.. but imo he's not gonna have the career he was expected to. he wont live up to his potential either. i called it last year. miami should have traded him or the pick when they couldnt get rose. wade wants to win NOW.. not wait for beasley. they should have traded him to team like charlotte for wallace and felton

beasly, blount and watever crap and a 2nd pick for those two.. i think charlotte would have done it at the time

LA_Raiders
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I think this is just his way of calling out for help... he really needs it... but with that being said dude is still a beast on the court and you cannot take that away from him... Hope all goes well and no Brook Lopez > Beasley... r u serious?

Yes, Lopez is better... And even more now...

MTar786
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah that looks fun, now image living that life while suffering from drug addiction &/or depression.

We tend to think these rich athletes should be happy, but unfortunately thats now always the case. They are human beings just like me & you.

Wow @ the Heat fan who claimed Rose is a worse human being than Beasley for not taking his SAT and being in a dumb picture, and Beasley is a better player than Rose. Wow @ Heat fans on here.

i wasnt talking bout the drug addiction part. that was his choice and his mistake, that doesnt come with being a highly paid athlete. his situation sucks. i feel bad for him. but with that aside. theres no way u can tell me that playing in the nba is not the best job in the world if ur a basketball lover.

oh n i agree with u. miami is my 2nd fav team but come on heat fans. rose OWNS beasley. as a person and as a player. i would cheat on my sat too if i was dumb and it was the only way i could stay in uni to make it to the nba lol. (iduno if that was the case.. i didnt even look into that whole d rose article. cuz i dont care) im not watching him play ball cuz he's a nice guy. i dont wanna marry the guy so why should i care? im watching him cuz he is skilled

fast_break
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
everybody makes mistakes... some people hide it better than others
at least he knows he has a problem and is on the road to recovery
hope he gets better

Reddd
08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
At least he is trying to do something about it,
BTW to be an NBA player is a DREAM job for almost every young basketball player,

Giantwarrior
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
hes a crack head!

kswissdaf
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Wow you guys are **** bashing him. He has problems but is still cooler then all of you STOP HATING CAUSE I PROMISE HE WILL MAKE U SRY

ryguy2k7
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Beasley has more potential than a lot of the rooks from the 08 draft. I wouldn't say he's better than any of the top five right now though. More explosive than a few? Yes. More consistent? Naw.

Being a Wolves fan, I heard a bunch of stories about Eddie Griffin and he ended up dead. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it reminds them too much of the Griffin tragedy.

He's gotta get back on the right track because when he plays at his best, it's a joy for every NBA fan to watch. Hopefully he gets better and hopefully the drug isn't anything more than just some marijuana.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Cuz he's the only person in the NBA that smokes weed:rolleyes:. Who cares?? At least he's trying to get rehab for that and his immaturity.

cubulls
08-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow you guys are **** bashing him. He has problems but is still cooler then all of you STOP HATING CAUSE I PROMISE HE WILL MAKE U SRY

How? Because he has a tattoo that says supercoolbeas? :laugh2:

Lakeshowallday
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Damn he is such a fail. See what happends when a team like Miami drafts you. Thier so unorganized and full of fail that thier young talent just runs around south beach smokin and hitting up clubs. IMO Miami Fails in this case.

boms-4
hope we regroups and gets it together, dont want to see his talent go to waste.

kswissdaf
How? Because he has a tattoo that says supercoolbeas? :laugh2:

Yea :)

Lakeshowallday
08-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Im shaking in my booties. Bro the heat blow and crap they going to do

what54!?
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
this boy needs to get it together :pity:

theuuord
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
there are a lot of idiotic posts in this thread. PSD's average age (at least intelligence-wise) is really showing here.

only in this place would we condemn a player for admitting to himself (and, because of his status, the world) that he has a problem and for trying to take care of it.

he's a hell of a basketball player and i wish him the best.

championships
08-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Does Beasley want for people to feel sorry for him? Does he thrive for sympathy? Why else would he post that he wants to commit suicide on his twitter page. He needs to grow up and be a man. There is alot of people out there with far worse problems. He has a pretty bright future laid out in front of him and he should realize that. "Boo Whoo The league doesn't let me smoke weed":cry::cry::cry:

theuuord
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Without getting too personal, yes i do know a little bit about depression. IMHO a lot of it is giving into mental and emotional insecurities. Believe it or not when it comes to some types of depression you actually can man up and fight the feeling. Putting down the bowl is a good place to start i guess.

if you knew about depression you would certainly know that clinical depression has nothing to do with emotional and mental insecurities. it's a chemical imbalance in the brain. marijuana doesn't cause it.

feeling blue one day and being insecure isn't a sign of depression. it's a sign of being human. if he's having problems with depression just "manning up and getting over it" doesn't help.

LayZbone
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Well I hope the best for Beasley, and hope that he can silence the critics and get it all together this season.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
If he misses some time because of this or if this affects his play a lot, this will really hurt the Heat for their hunt to the playoffs.

effen5
08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Man up? Are you serious? Realize you have no idea what the guy is going through so I wouldn't be so quick to tell a guy to "get over it". The guy is in the spot light and all he's hearing is how he should be doing this on the court and what he needs to work on..ect ect. People can only hear so much about how bad they play basketball. Noone knows how they would react unless they were in that situation. I'm not saying that because people think he's a terrible ball player but rarely do people talk about a players strengths. Look at Lebron James. I hear more about the fact he needs to work on his jump shot than about him being the most dominant player in basketball. People have a breaking point. Some people can just hold themselves together better.

At least the guy is trying to get help. Instead of jumping on the guy for doing it how about congratulating him for getting the help he needs. Its a public embarrassment yet he's doing it to help him out mentally.

The guys what? 19 yrs old? He's still a kid, Miami has a huge fan base. It's not hard to figure out that it all could be over whelming at times. Just because a guy makes millions doesn't make everything better. I think it's such an ignorant statement when people say just because he makes good money, everything should be ok.

But that's just my opinion.

lol this is actually funny to me. Not that I dont want beasley to get better, and I hope for the best for him but the fact that his breaking point was basketball? You work all your life to be the best in basketball and the pressure finally got to him? This is almost as funny as VY wanting to quit the Titans and commit suicide because he cant handle the pressure.

You know what most peoples breaking point is? Not being able to put food on the table, put a roof over your head, and take care of your kids.

This makes him weak...Mentally weak.

If this kid had a daughter, made 15k a year, and couldnt provide food and shelter, then he broke down, I would understand, but when you are making millions, smoking weed, getting dumbass tattoos, getting caught, then saying oh I cant do this anymore because he got caught makes him a dumbass.

You know why he broke down? Because he got caught. You know why he checked himself into rehab? Because he got caught.

Call me an ******* I dont care but this is my opinion.

Regardless of what I think of Beasley, get clean, and come back strong next year.

MiamiHeat
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
how does Beasley going to rehab make him a worse player?

I think this is a good move, it can't be a negative move

effen5
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
how does Beasley going to rehab make him a worse player?

I think this is a good move, it can't be a negative move

Agreed 100 percent. At least hes notices he has a problem now they can work on it.

Lo Porto
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
To all those HEAT fans saying you're building a franchise around Wade and Beasley - think again. Now we know why Wade was pushing so hard for Boozer and Odom - he knows Beasley isn't the real deal. I'm so glad the Jazz didn't trade Boozer for Beasley after all. Nobody wants to pay some immature kid anymore especially in this economy.

krest213
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
weakness beas weakness. what does it profit a man if he gains the world yet lose his soul Mat 16:26

Draco
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Maybe he's mentally weak when it comes to basketball but it's hard to tell from his rehab situation. He choose to share something about his personal life through twitter and he got ridiculed for it. I feel sorry for him for that. He's relatively innocent. It's not like he has personal problems that he wanted to work through by getting behind the wheel and endagering other people's lives like JR Smith or Eddie Griffin. Beasley's a 19 y/o kid, not used to the spot light who would have been better off keeping his personal life private. Getting paid millions doesn't mean that he's not capable of making mistakes.. and the mistakes he made are understandable. I feel bad that he's getting so much negative attention for it. If the guy is on suicide watch.. I'm not sure if he is.. but that's pretty serious.

JaySmoke
08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
:facepalm: @ Supercool Beas (douchebag...)

lol
guy is failing
will be off the becnh this year again

theuuord
08-24-2009, 04:58 PM
lol
guy is failing
will be off the becnh this year again

god, I hope not. I wouldn't be surprised if some of this came from knowing his coach was an idiot for not starting him in the first place.

Trouble87
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe he's mentally weak when it comes to basketball but it's hard to tell from his rehab situation. He choose to share something about his personal life through twitter and he got ridiculed for it. I feel sorry for him for that. He's relatively innocent. It's not like he has personal problems that he wanted to work through by getting behind the wheel and endagering other people's lives like JR Smith or Eddie Griffin. Beasley's a 19 y/o kid, not used to the spot light who would have been better off keeping his personal life private. Getting paid millions doesn't mean that he's not capable of making mistakes.. and the mistakes he made are understandable. I feel bad that he's getting so much negative attention for it. If the guy is on suicide watch.. I'm not sure if he is.. but that's pretty serious.

I normally don't agree with Draco but he just put this whole situation into perspective

Beasley needs to be cut some slack, he's just a kid who is entitled to a few mistakes. Hopefully this whole situation just teaches him a lesson and makes him a more well rounded person

cjetswin71
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I called it when he was drafted he is a hyped up power forward that plays like a SF. Can anyone say Marcus Fizer? Reality has set in. He has probably been the man at every level and know he has been hit with a bit of adversity and sees that it may not be as easy as expected. The pressure know becomes do I step up and work hard in the off season to raise my game or can I just get away with my athleticism? This fork in the road decision is heightened by the outside pressures. Your family, boys, and children that you have to take care of thought would be straight now realize that you are just a piece in a larger puzzle and if you don't do something you could be out of the league after 3 yrs. And if you think that is far fetched look at your boy Marcus Fizer, Jay Wiliams, Dejuan Wagner, and others. Life is very short when something you have done for your whole life may come to an end sooner than you think. That would make any person depressed!

effen5
08-24-2009, 05:13 PM
It obviously hurts when you have half the world bashing you on the internet critizing you making you look like a moron. When you have this image or idea you want to portray and its instantly scrutinized, it rearranges your reality a little bit. It sucks that hes been admitted to rehab for weed of all drugs because thats lame when half the NBA does it and hes singled out. Albeit, he did take a picture with it so he can only blame himself. If i were an NBA player, making millions of dollars, i would tattoo the cookie monster on my back and write something like supercoolcookies for example and half the world can kiss my azs. The only people that give a damn are the ones wasting their lives away critizing something permanent. Get a life. These negative posts are the main reason hes being admitted into rehab and he is depressed because he feels like the world is coming down on him and for something that to him may not even have been worth 2 minutes of his time. And i dont understand how him screwing up here equates to him being worse of a BASKETBALL player than Brooke or Love... Beasly still is better than Rose. Dont tell me Rose doesnt smoke. Since when is a gang affiliate, not involved in that sort of lifestyle? Nerds...

Holy **** on the hypocracy. So Rose doing gang signs makes him affiliated to GD. COOL. Rose "cheated" on the SATS...so hes sucks in basketball COOL. Beasley is better then Rose....Only a Miami Heat Fan would say this.

Do you know how many people have been bashing Rose since the SAT scandal and gang sign? Probably the same amount of people that are bashing Beasley. You know what the difference is? Rose doesn't care, he comes out, apologizes, and says the right things. You know what Beasley does? Checks his *** to rehab for suicide watch....

Whose more mentally prepared for the NBA? A guy who knows he made a mistake, apologizes, and moves on or a guy who goes to rehab for suicide watch?

And you think Beasley is better then Rose? LOL.

Let me tell you the difference between Rose and Beasley. Rose made mistakes before he got into the NBA, while Beasley is making mistakes NOW.

And the world coming down on him? You dont think Rose felt the same when all you heat fans were bashing him and calling him stupid and how he cant pass the SATS? Man, talk about hypocracy.

Its ok to bash Rose because he was stupid in the past but its not ok to bash Beasley because hes stupid now.

Man the **** up and get over it. Rose did.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I called it when he was drafted he is a hyped up power forward that plays like a SF. Can anyone say Marcus Fizer? Reality has set in. He has probably been the man at every level and know he has been hit with a bit of adversity and sees that it may not be as easy as expected. The pressure know becomes do I step up and work hard in the off season to raise my game or can I just get away with my athleticism? This fork in the road decision is heightened by the outside pressures. Your family, boys, and children that you have to take care of thought would be straight now realize that you are just a piece in a larger puzzle and if you don't do something you could be out of the league after 3 yrs. And if you think that is far fetched look at your boy Marcus Fizer, Jay Wiliams, Dejuan Wagner, and others. Life is very short when something you have done for your whole life may come to an end sooner than you think. That would make any person depressed!

there is NO comparison between Marcus Fizer and Michael Beasley. Beasley has already in one year accomplished more than Fizer ever did.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Holy **** on the hypocracy. So Rose doing gang signs makes him affiliated to GD. COOL. Rose "cheated" on the SATS...so hes sucks in basketball COOL. Beasley is better then Rose....Only a Miami Heat Fan would say this.

Beasley has limitless potential - more than Rose imo, and I'm a Nets fan.

Do you know how many people have been bashing Rose since the SAT scandal and gang sign? Probably the same amount of people that are bashing Beasley. You know what the difference is? Rose doesn't care, he comes out, apologizes, and says the right things. You know what Beasley does? Checks his *** to rehab for suicide watch....

Can you link me to something where Rose apologizes for the SAT fiasco? I haven't heard anything about that.
(that being said, I honestly don't care about the SAT fiasco in the first place.)

Whose more mentally prepared for the NBA? A guy who knows he made a mistake, apologizes, and moves on or a guy who goes to rehab for suicide watch?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get across with this question. Admitting you have an issue and trying to fix it is an extraordinarily mature move.

This wasn't directed at me but for what it's worth Rose is a very good point guard but has become extremely overhyped.

Let me tell you the difference between Rose and Beasley. Rose made mistakes before he got into the NBA, while Beasley is making mistakes NOW.

if he's really clinically depressed, that's not a mistake, that's a condition. that's like saying someone who has lupus made a mistake by being born.

And the world coming down on him? You dont think Rose felt the same when all you heat fans were bashing him and calling him stupid and how he cant pass the SATS? Man, talk about hypocracy.

Its ok to bash Rose because he was stupid in the past but its not ok to bash Beasley because hes stupid now.

Again, I'm looking for a link where Rose apologizes for the SAT problem. Is there one? I'm not doubting it's true, I'm just looking for a source.

DeShaun Brown
08-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow! More bad news for the Heat. What an offseason. I hope he pulls through, gets his life together, and go on to live up to his potential. I wish him the best.

effen5
08-24-2009, 05:23 PM

Can you link me to something where Rose apologizes for the SAT fiasco? I haven't heard anything about that.
(that being said, I honestly don't care about the SAT fiasco in the first place.)

I'm not sure what you're trying to get across with this question. Admitting you have an issue and trying to fix it is an extraordinarily mature move.

This wasn't directed at me but for what it's worth Rose is a very good point guard but has become extremely overhyped.

if he's really clinically depressed, that's not a mistake, that's a condition. that's like saying someone who has lupus made a mistake by being born.

Again, I'm looking for a link where Rose apologizes for the SAT problem. Is there one? I'm not doubting it's true, I'm just looking for a source.

My mistake on the SAT, I thought he apologized but it looks like hes still denying.

cjetswin71
08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Remember my man Marcus Fizer was on a team with Elton Brand, so the numbers thing can kind of be skewed. Also, realize that Michael is playing with DWade and he can't even beat out an aging Udonis Haslem for minutes. He can score, but in the L who can't score, if given the opportunity and playing along side one of the all time great creators in the game in DWade. He was exposed as a guy who doesn't like to play in the post, or can't and is just a jumpshooter.

effen5
08-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Remember my man Marcus Fizer was on a team with Elton Brand, so the numbers thing can kind of be skewed. Also, realize that Michael is playing with DWade and he can't even beat out an aging Udonis Haslem for minutes. He can score, but in the L who can't score, if given the opportunity and playing along side one of the all time great creators in the game in DWade. He was exposed as a guy who doesn't like to play in the post, or can't and is just a jumpshooter.

LOL @ Marcus Fizer, he was a neighbor of mine when he played for the Bulls.

Draco
08-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Not sure how that happens since Rose has a lot less issues to resolve. When Beasley becomes a full time starter and demonstrates that he can handle the PF or SF position or both.. then I'll re-evaluate his potential. Right now, Rose's potential is far greater.. imo.

Beasley apologized for his role in what happened at rookie camp but the fact remains that he didn't cooperate with the investigation. There was something about him possibly being locked in a bathroom flushing weed down the toilet. So I'm not one to give him credit for just talking the talk.

With that said.. I still think Beasley doesn't deserve so much of the negative attention he's been getting. Hopefully he can get his life and career back on track.

broncofangene
08-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Its freakin crack he's smokin in that city. Miami is a s*@t hole anyway, they'll kill you over 5 bucks there.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Elton Brand didn't make Marcus Fizer shoot 43% from the field, 19% from three, and 69% from the foul line. He couldn't dream of being as good as Michael Beasley on his best day. Numbers or not.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Not sure how that happens since Rose has a lot less issues to resolve. When Beasley becomes a full time starter and demonstrates that he can handle the PF or SF position or both.. then I'll re-evaluate his potential. Right now, Rose's potential is far greater.. imo.

Are you talking about on or off the court issues? Off the court both of them are shrouded in controversy right now, but on the court Beasley has been probably the most versatile scorer to come out of the 2008 draft (sorry OJ). The sky is the limit for him insofar as basketball skills.

Beasley apologized for his role in what happened at rookie camp but the fact remains that he didn't cooperate with the investigation. There was something about him possibly being locked in a bathroom flushing weed down the toilet. So I'm not one to give him credit for just talking the talk.

I wouldn't have cooperated either, but that's because the anti-marijuana laws in this country are ridiculous in the first place. Either way I'm not gonna pass judgment on that.

With that said.. I still think Beasley doesn't deserve so much of the negative attention he's been getting. Hopefully he can get his life and career back on track.

Agreed 100%.

b_rad23
08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Marcus Fizer comparisons...awesome.

fishfan79
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
he will be fine by the time seasoncomes no biggie

Draco
08-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you talking about on or off the court issues? Off the court both of them are shrouded in controversy right now, but on the court Beasley has been probably the most versatile scorer to come out of the 2008 draft (sorry OJ). The sky is the limit for him insofar as basketball skills.

On the court of course. Beasley has a lot of positives about his game and so does Rose. Rose is probably the most athletic PG to come out of the 2008 draft. You can't really judge one aspect of the game to be more important than the other in a vacuum. Rose was able to translate all of that talent into a ROY winning regular season and record tying Game 1 in the post season. I have to go with Rose having more potential.

I wouldn't have cooperated either, but that's because the anti-marijuana laws in this country are ridiculous in the first place. Either way I'm not gonna pass judgment on that.

But you passed judgement by giving credit to Beasley for having apologized when his apology really didn't mean a whole lot. Apology without taking responsibility is worth what?

theuuord
08-24-2009, 05:47 PM
On the court of course. Beasley has a lot of positives about his game and so does Rose. Rose is probably the most athletic PG to come out of the 2008 draft. You can't really judge one aspect of the game to be more important than the other in a vacuum. Rose was able to translate all of that talent into a ROY winning regular season and record tying Game 1 in the post season. I have to go with Rose having more potential.

I know Bulls/Rose fans all think this and it's not indefensible - the guy's a very good player and has the chance to be a great player. I'm not going to argue with you too much on this because both of them have great chances to be great players. I just think Beasley has better long-term potential.

But you passed judgement by giving credit to Beasley for having apologized when his apology really didn't mean a whole lot. Apology without taking responsibility is worth what?

Beasley didn't apologize. He checked himself into rehab. If you're talking about the apology for the marijuana probe, I didn't even know (or remember) he apologized for that, so I wasn't talking about that.
Like I said, I wouldn't have apologized for that either.

effen5
08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I know Bulls/Rose fans all think this and it's not indefensible - the guy's a very good player and has the chance to be a great player. I'm not going to argue with you too much on this because both of them have great chances to be great players. I just think Beasley has better long-term potential.

Beasley didn't apologize. He checked himself into rehab. If you're talking about the apology for the marijuana probe, I didn't even know (or remember) he apologized for that, so I wasn't talking about that.
Like I said, I wouldn't have apologized for that either.

You wouldn't apologize for breaking NBA rules during the NBA rookie transition program, a program that was suppose to teach him the exact thing he broke rules on?

PBG
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
beasly just wanna have fuh-uhhnn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVwFeQpy_Us)

cjetswin71
08-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Elton Brand didn't make Marcus Fizer shoot 43% from the field, 19% from three, and 69% from the foul line. He couldn't dream of being as good as Michael Beasley on his best day. Numbers or not.

We will see!

mitch91
08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
didnt see that coming

i dont condem him for smoking weed occasionly, but people usually go to rehab because they are addicted, right?

dodie53
08-24-2009, 07:54 PM
:shakes head:

JaySmoke
08-24-2009, 07:55 PM
w/e rose>superdumbbeas

btw weed>life
weed doesnt ruin ones career
just ask lebum,phelps and bolt :smoking: :smoking:

bogmon
08-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Way to be Super Cool Beas...all that pressure of being a millionaire, adored by hundreds of thousands of fans finally broke him.
Get well soon sport!

wileyisTOFU
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
meh, hopefully my rockets can get him on the cheap then.

csenoner
08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
You cannot get addicted to weed. It does not have addictive properties. People use weed habitutally. Obvioulsy riley wanted him to stop and therefore asked him to go to rehab. If its just weed and no other drugs, then people are blowing this out of proportion.

Depression is something many people go through and is often caused by a chemical imbalance, so being a millionaire with lots of fans won't cure it. sometimes rich famous people get depressed. Its no biggie. Not the end of the world.

So hes going through some problems, this don't mean he aint a g and that he isnt going to ball this year. Riley encouraged him to got a place so he can deal with his issues and stop smokin weed for abit to clear his head for a bit and get ready for the season. Beasley is gonn have more haters than ever now. but hey if he gets 35 mins a game he will average 20 and 8.

Vinny642
08-24-2009, 08:19 PM
its good he is getting help

J$mo0th_3o5
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow some of you people are ****ing ignorant:pity: Hopefully Beasley gets his **** straight and proves all you ****ing haters wrong!

DetroitRipCity
08-24-2009, 08:38 PM
i was just checkin out his twitter i dont think that is his, unless the real one has been deleted and some1 made a new one... here check it

http://twitter.com/supercoolbeas

http://twitter.com/CV31

On CV's it has a check mark in the upper right hand corner saying verified account
However on Beasleys it doesnt :confused::confused:

J$mo0th_3o5
08-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Beasley deleted his account not too long ago.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-24-2009, 08:43 PM

You wanna know what's completely wrong about this post? The fact that you are bashing basley for basically doing the right thing. Maybe he really is too overwhelmed by all the media the nba brings and is maybe regretting A LOT of mistakes. You don't know what's exactly inside his mind, all we know is the fact he needs rehab.

And beasely's and rose's situation are completely different so don't gimme that garbage. Beasley needs treatment, rose throw up signs (i could care less, it was stupid to be even considered a problem) and cheating on the SATs that he prolly doesn't give **** about because he isn't in college anymore (at least that's the way i would take it).

Rose is better than beasley by a lot, but some dork put lopez, mayo, and gordon. Thit is called taking it too far.

J$mo0th_3o5
08-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Actually it was deleted like a month ago. (Twitter account)

Jays Claw
08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I wish Michael Beasley nothing but the best and I hope he can return to the court and prove his critics wrong.

It's nice to see Michael come out and admit he needs help. Some of the posters in this thread act like they know everything about Michael's situation. None of us actually know the reason he is depressed so stop acting like you do!

effen5
08-24-2009, 09:45 PM
You wanna know what's completely wrong about this post? The fact that you are bashing basley for basically doing the right thing. Maybe he really is too overwhelmed by all the media the nba brings and is maybe regretting A LOT of mistakes. You don't know what's exactly inside his mind, all we know is the fact he needs rehab.

And beasely's and rose's situation are completely different so don't gimme that garbage. Beasley needs treatment, rose throw up signs (i could care less, it was stupid to be even considered a problem) and cheating on the SATs that he prolly doesn't give **** about because he isn't in college anymore (at least that's the way i would take it).

Rose is better than beasley by a lot, but some dork put lopez, mayo, and gordon. Thit is called taking it too far.

Im bashing him for doing the right thing? The right thing would have been going to rehab as soon as he got caught during the rookie transition program, not until he got caught red handed and Pat Riley "encouraging" him going to rehab. Isn't it convenient, few days after the twitter pic goes up, he goes to rehab? If he went to rehab and that picture never came out, do you know how much more respect I would have for Beasley? That would tell me, he knows he has a problem and he wants to goto rehab, this situation tells me, I got caught, Pat Riley is telling me to goto rehab.

zezak
08-24-2009, 10:24 PM
:facepalm: Man up too depression? Really? Do the poster's here have a combined age of 10?

I hope the best for the kid. Hopefully he can be a stronger person.

effen5
08-24-2009, 10:38 PM
:facepalm: Man up too depression? Really? Do the poster's here have a combined age of 10?

I hope the best for the kid. Hopefully he can be a stronger person.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4419340

"Right now this is about marijuana....psychological stuff is not really an issue, theres really not a big fear at this point that he has major mental or psychological problems."

watch the vid, take it for what its worth.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Im bashing him for doing the right thing? The right thing would have been going to rehab as soon as he got caught during the rookie transition program, not until he got caught red handed and Pat Riley "encouraging" him going to rehab. Isn't it convenient, few days after the twitter pic goes up, he goes to rehab? If he went to rehab and that picture never came out, do you know how much more respect I would have for Beasley? That would tell me, he knows he has a problem and he wants to goto rehab, this situation tells me, I got caught, Pat Riley is telling me to goto rehab.

Whatever dude, if he went to rehab now or in the rookie camp it doesn't make a difference. HE IS SEEKING TO BETTER HIMSELF BY GOING TO REHAB, that's all that matters to me. I don't care if pat riley "encouraged" him to go or not, ultimately it is his decision and he made the right one. You are just getting stupid reasons to hate on beasley for some reason.

effen5
08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Whatever dude, if he went to rehab now or in the rookie camp it doesn't make a difference. HE IS SEEKING TO BETTER HIMSELF BY GOING TO REHAB, that's all that matters to me. I don't care if pat riley "encouraged" him to go or not, ultimately it is his decision and he made the right one. You are just getting stupid reasons to hate on beasley for some reason.

Actually I forgot what we were arguing about....DOH :facepalm: (serious)

But seriously, if PR really made him go, I am glad hes going. And if you read some of my previous posts, I said get clean and come back strong next year.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Actually I forgot what we were arguing about....DOH :facepalm: (serious)

But seriously, if PR really made him go, I am glad hes going. And if you read some of my previous posts, I said get clean and come back strong next year.

I didn't read any of your other posts. But yea that's what this is for, get himself together and use his god given gift to play ball.

effen5
08-24-2009, 11:03 PM
I didn't read any of your other posts.

Its on one of the first pages in this thread, I did wish him well but hes 19-20 hes gotta grow up. Hes not a kid anymore and get the help he needs.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 11:42 PM
You wouldn't apologize for breaking NBA rules during the NBA rookie transition program, a program that was suppose to teach him the exact thing he broke rules on?

maybe if i was forced to by nba regulations to keep my job, but otherwise, no, i wouldn't, because i disagree with the law that's in place already.

theuuord
08-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Its on one of the first pages in this thread, I did wish him well but hes 19-20 hes gotta grow up. Hes not a kid anymore and get the help he needs.

and again, how is checking himself into rehab a sign of not growing up?

Spurred1
08-25-2009, 12:12 AM

Wouldn't getting the help he needs be a sign of growing up? Hopefully, he is the one realizing he needs the help and isn't doing this just to please Riley/Heat. Otherwise, it may not really take.

tland22
08-25-2009, 01:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-beasleyheat082409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This isnt funny anymore, this is starting to look like a tragedy beginning to unfold.

:facepalm:

Where are the Heat fans to continue to defend Beasley's actions?

He is a drug addict, just like so many other people who live in Miami. I mean, come on people is this suprising? Look at the culture in Miami. Really look at it.

:cool:

tland22
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
okay im just kidding. but seriously, this isnt even a story. it just isnt.

effen5
08-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Wouldn't getting the help he needs be a sign of growing up? Hopefully, he is the one realizing he needs the help and isn't doing this just to please Riley/Heat. Otherwise, it may not really take.

Exactly, this better be HIS choice, and hes not just doing it because Riley is telling him to. But I think this is the first sign of him actually growing up, but lets see where it goes from here.

From what I understand, hes been in a drug program with the league, since he got busted with Chalmers last year, and with this surfacing, it shows me that he was wasnt serious about the program during the year, but hopefully, this is a wake up call and he actually takes this seriously because if he ****s up again.......who knows where his career will go.

clutchski
08-25-2009, 02:32 AM
When Weed Becomes Legeal The Nba Should Giv Back B-Easy Hiz 50 Grand And Smoke A Little To Togetha

Best comment I've read all day..funny imagining Stern and B-easy blazing together with 50 thou on the table hahaha.

Ovratd1up
08-25-2009, 03:21 AM

+1,000,000 at everythig you wrote.

There are three types of posters so far. Those who try to be understanding (wow, well at least he's gettig help. Good Look MB) the knowledgable ones (like above, depression guy, and chronic user (lol sorry)) and finaly, Heat fans (just for weed, that's bogus. How does this ruin any of his career, Riley just told him to go to rehab for weed, he is still better than Lopez and Rose).

I'm just glad the most of you can read into this more than "this shouldn't affect his minutes."

PennyMy#1
08-25-2009, 05:44 AM
I think it's sad Michael Beasley gets hated for having serious problems. I mean, I'm no Heat fan and I'm no Beasley fan, but why should I hack him for being human ?

If people would read the sources more carefully they would understand, that Beasley has serious mind problems. Weed might be a factor to make those problems worse but, this guy needs serious, professional help because he has things in his mind which are way bigger problems than smoking a blunt or two.

This whole thread is a really sad and awkward read (except some posters) ...

kurivaimu
08-25-2009, 06:53 AM
This.

The article eludes to some potential suicide type comments he made on Twitter, and whether or not he was doing it for attention. You dont make or say comments like that unless those thoughts have come across your mind.

Everybody has had thoughts about killing themselves, but when you think into those thoughts and say it outloud whether jokingly or serious it is a cause for concern.

Actually,
it's a psychological need for attention. The fact is, that people who say out loud that they are going to commit suicide almost never do it.
Its the quiet ones, from who you don't expect **** like that and who don't say anything about it, usually do it.
Several studies confirm this.

kurivaimu
08-25-2009, 06:58 AM
I think it's sad Michael Beasley gets hated for having serious problems. I mean, I'm no Heat fan and I'm no Beasley fan, but why should I hack him for being human ?

If people would read the sources more carefully they would understand, that Beasley has serious mind problems. Weed might be a factor to make those problems worse but, this guy needs serious, professional help because he has things in his mind which are way bigger problems than smoking a blunt or two.

This whole thread is a really sad and awkward read (except some posters) ...

Good post.
Its easy to judge; hard to understand and sympathize. Maybe Beasley just can't handle the pressure and attention that comes at the highest level. Everbody's got some sceletons in their closet.. So i hope that he gets over the hump and puts his incredible talent in the right place

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 12:08 PM
"I talked to some people and Mike wasn't using marijuana," he said. "I think whoever took that picture was using it or had it in their presence and he was just getting a tattoo. From my understanding, he wasn't getting high or he didn't test positive for no drugs or anything.

"Whose place he was in giving the tattoo, that was theirs. I believe him that it wasn't his, because he passed his urine (test) and everything, so that was just something that somebody else had."

It has been confirmed, however, that the Heat forward was placed in the NBA's substance-abuse program a year ago after an incident at the league's rookie symposium that led to a $50,000 fine.

So no weed issue...It's pressure and depression from the responsibility of his new daughter.

SluggeR
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
for them to send their #2 pick to rehab, it has to be serious whether it's substance abuse or psychological issues; or both

clutchski
08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
It could be weed and alcohol, weed (and alcohol really) give you good feelings but too much of them..say everyday..they can become bad depressants. Based on his twitter responses this could have been the case, I mean who tweets those to 1000's of people?

Chicagofaithful
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
No criticism from me. Good post.

yeah man... i appreciate your post

IBleedPurple
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Good for Beasley for stepping up and trying to resolve the problems he's having

JaySmoke
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
So no weed issue...It's pressure and depression from the responsibility of his new daughter.

smh who cares if he does weed, many athletes smoke weed. even the beloved lebron smoked weed and many other great athletes..

whats worse?
smoking weed?
or having psychologic/mental/depression problems?

i doubt most people care about the weed part to be honest, just his mental issues

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
smh who cares if he does weed, many athletes smoke weed. even the beloved lebron smoked weed and many other great athletes..

whats worse?
smoking weed?
or having psychologic/mental/depression problems?

i doubt most people care about the weed part to be honest, just his mental issues

If you look through the thread dozens-hundreds of posters have said **** about having a weed issue...I don't care, I smoke myself. Just looking to clear up the facts...

I agree with the depression thing obviously, just trying to clear up the misconceptions in the thread...

Draco
08-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Beasley's in an "unidentified rehab hospitial" but it doesn't need to be identified to know that you don't go to a rehab for treatment of just depression.

Beasley's dad might be correct about the weed in the photo but I don't think that means there's no weed issue.

ESPN reported the Heat asked Beasley to check himself into the rehab for possible "substance abuse and psychological issues"

Chris Broussard reported that "people close to the situation" are saying it's not really a psychological issue..

All we know that Beasley's "substance abuse and psychological issues" were serious enough for him to go into rehab and that's about it.

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Beasley's in an "unidentified rehab hospitial" but it doesn't need to be identified to know that you don't go to a rehab for treatment of just depression.

Beasley's dad might be correct about the weed in the photo but I don't think that means there's no weed issue.

ESPN reported the Heat asked Beasley to check himself into the rehab for possible "substance abuse and psychological issues"

Chris Broussard reported that "people close to the situation" are saying it's not really a psychological issue..

All we know that Beasley's "substance abuse and psychological issues" were serious enough for him to go into rehab and that's about it.

Maybe it's alcohol, but I think the fact that he passed(s) the test(s) indicate that that's not an issue. I suppose it's possible though, I just have never heard of anyone checking themselves into rehab for weed only unless it was very serious.

And if he's passing the random tests given on the substance abuse program for the NBA, that indicates to me that he doesn't have a very serious weed problem anymore.

Alcohol+depression could be the reason.

PR relations+depression could be the reason.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
This might affect his play and affect the Heat's chance of going into the playoffs.

MiamiHeat
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
This might affect his play and affect the Heat's chance of going into the playoffs.

I personally think this might be a good thing for Miami, I believe Beasley will get himself straighten out, get focus and become a better player

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I personally think this might be a good thing for Miami, I believe Beasley will get himself straighten out, get focus and become a better player

Ya but whay if he doesn't?

There was someone in baseball who was sidelined for depression. He ended up having a +15 ERA(If you don't watch baseball, that is really bad)

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 04:41 PM

There was someone in baseball who was sidelined for depression. He ended up having a +15 ERA(If you don't watch baseball, that is really bad)

What if Joel Anthony gets a jumpshot and becomes an all-star?

What if Hedo Turkgolu decides to give up basketball and become a monk?

What if the NBA goes under?

MiamiHeat
08-25-2009, 04:45 PM

:shrug:
anything can happen but it was just an opinion of mines

JaySmoke
08-25-2009, 05:25 PM

y is not watching baseball bad...
steroids are worse than weed
but seriously i know people love baseball, fact is there all cheaters

HiphopRelated
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
He was saying an ERA of 15 is really bad

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 11:42 PM
:shrug:
anything can happen but it was just an opinion of mines

I know but I was just saying you have to look at all the scenarios.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 11:43 PM

I was talking about someone who did horrible because of depression.

I was just saying it could happen to Beasley. I hope not but you have to look at it from all angles.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
What if Joel Anthony gets a jumpshot and becomes an all-star?

What if Hedo Turkgolu decides to give up basketball and become a monk?

What if the NBA goes under?

What if you stop with your smart *** remarks?

CELTICS4LYFE
08-26-2009, 09:44 AM
for weed?? hahaha "" u ever suck dick for weed" hahah half baked is all i can think of right now