PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs: #3 Washington Wizards vs #6 Miami Heat

BlondeBomber41
08-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Every offseason some of us on PSD do a mock offseason where we simulate an offseason by doing mock free agency and trades. Below are the rosters of two teams after the game, please look at both rosters and give your honest opinion on who you believe would win.

Remember, these votes have nothing to do with your real team so there is no reason to be a homer.

Washington Wizards Lineup:

PG: Tony Parker - Keyon Dooling - Bobby Jackson
SG: Ronnie Brewer - Mickael Pietrus
SF: Corey Maggette - CJ Miles - Boki Nachbar
PF: Amare Stoudamire - Reggie Evans - Henk Norel
C: Nene - Nazr Mohommed - Jarron Collins

Miami Heat Lineup:

PG - Mario Chalmers/Patrick Beverly
SG - Dwyane Wade/DeShawn Stevenson
SF - Tracy McGrady/James Jones/Derrick Brown
PF - Hedo Turkoglu/Dominic McGuire
C - Jamaal Magloire/Joel Anthony/Adonal Foyle

Washington Wizards Series Writeup:

We have homecourt here against a Heat side with 0 inside presense. Our strengths are their weaknesses, and we believe we can simply overpower them down low to progress to the next round.

PG- Parker v Chalmers
ok, given Chalmers looks like he's going to be a decent defensive point guard, but Tony is one of the best. Tony has rings, and the speed and skill to give the best in the game nightmares, so I think its a given that we will dominate this match up. All we have to be aware of on the defensive end is Chalmers hitting open threes, which gives Parker a chance to double team Wade when he can. Parker should have a good series here.

SG- Brewer v Wade
well theres no point really trying to big us up in this match up, Wade is elite, and will get his 25ppg regardless of who is on him. We have some quality perimeter defenders on roster though. Brewer is one of the best, he has size and quickness to hastle Wade, then we have Pietrus off the bench who is also known for being a decent defender. Both are bigger than Wade whilst still being able to keep up with him. Wade will lead their team, but we think we can slow him down to an extent, especialy with Nene waiting for him at the rim too.

SF- Maggette v McGrady
Maggette will get his 20 point a game every night regardless of whos on him. He can pretty much get to the line when he wants to, and with a rusty TMac with surgically replaced knees I can see him sitting alot due to foul trouble. Corey is our 3rd scoring option, and I predict he'll have a big series here, especialy with the lack of depth the Heat have as well if TMac is to go down once again.

PF- Amare v Hedo
easy win for us here. Parker to Amare, dunk. Hedo will not defend him in the post with any success whatsoever. Amare is the key to the series for us, and I really think we could see him average 25-12 throughout this series. On defense its a different story, but Hedo isnt one to light you up for 30 odd a game. We always have the option of moving Maggette to power forward and having Amare at center, bringing in Pietrus to guard Hedo on the perimeter. We are confident we will dominate this match up.

C- Nene v Magloire
another big win for us. Magloire doesnt really get any minutes for the Heat, whilst Nene played a big role in Denvers success being the 15 and 8 center we all know he can be. He will dominate in this series, and will play a big role in clogging the lane and making sure Dwyane Wade doesnt get to the hoop as much as he wants. We win here at both ends of the floor, he wont light us up on offense, Nene should have a comfortable series.

Bench- Our bench is much stornger and well rounded. We have Pietrus and CJs shooting, Dooling comes in to run our offense and may even win the match up with Chalmers. Inside we have Evans who will grab himself a ton of rebounds in this series, and the offensively minded Mohammed will have no real oposition. Another win for us.

overall for us, we have enough cover for Wade to keep him working hard for every point, and we pretty much win at everywhere else. As I said, we'll pound the ball to Amare and see who has the stones to stop him. Good luck Heat!

Miami Heat did not send in a writeup.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 12:22 PM
wooooooooooooo go Wizards!!!!

Mane
08-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Wizards easily.. They win every matchup except Wade/Brewer.. bench is way deeper, and the Miami gm didn't send in a write-up.. auto-win for the Wiz.

DerekRE_3
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Wizards easily.. They win every matchup except Wade/Brewer.. bench is way deeper, and the Miami gm didn't send in a write-up.. auto-win for the Wiz.

I think Brewer can slow him down was well.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
who voted Heat :pity:

nyy3487 :pity:

Mane
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
who voted Heat :pity:

nyy3487 :pity:

Probably someone who sucks.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
rapters baby, we love you.

and phlp, but you know that already

phlp_bj
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
loveeeeeeee you more. wiz have a beastly team

Saint Brian
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
The Wiz.

Kakaroach
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Jimbobby and his Wiz.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 02:51 PM
haha some muppet complained about us raising awareness telling people to vote...get a life you loser!

ugadawgsfan17
08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Wizz

DCSportsIsPain
08-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Wizards by a mile. Hedo would get owned at the 4. Amare would beat him like a red-headed stepchild and there are two other top 5 position players on the team. Even the best all around player in the NBA can't make up the difference here.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
uhuhhhhhhh, cheers DCSIP!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Wizards.

The starting lineup for the Heat is messed up.

How do you expect Magloire to start and Turkoglu to play the 4 against Amar'e.

celticfan
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Amare vs. Hedo is a huge laugh on defense for both sides

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 04:29 PM
yeah but Amare has a higher chance of making his many dunks than Hedo does of making all his threes

Catfish1314
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Hedo would give Amare a match-up problem but his lack of lateral speed on the perimeter minimizes that problem for Stoudemire. Amare, meanwhile, will have a much stronger advantage over Turkoglu or Magloire with his huge strength and athleticism advantage.

Mario Chalmers is a good defender but Tony Parker is a Finals MVP who has made a living figuring out crafty ways to use his speed and explosiveness changing ends to get into the lane.

The Wizards are deeper, bigger, and superior defensively. The Wade factor will make it closer than it should be, but Washington in 6.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
08-24-2009, 05:45 PM
wizards.
good job by both gms.

Durant is hype
08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Wizards.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 07:13 PM
cheers buddy. Thanks for everyone who has voted by the way :love:

mitch91
08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
didnt no it would be a wash for the wiz, i was actually going to go for the heat, until i saw the heat's starting pf....and i understand he wont be gaurding amar'e much but i just think amar'e will beast on that team.

i would be a lot closer than the voting has shown

Nets fan 93
08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Wizards.. Amare Parker and Maggette is a lotttt of offense

JordansBulls
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Wizards unless we are talking prime Mcgrady.

FC_4_life
08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
The backcourt goes to the Heat, but thats about it. Magic have a much better frontcourt and bench, so they take this IMO.

fins08
08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
ILY Ethix11, heatbb, NYY3487, rayruiz

dre1990
08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
DC by farr

jimbobjarree
08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
thank you everyone who voted for us, see you in the next round

Sportfan
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Wiz sweep

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
ILY Ethix11, heatbb, NYY3487, rayruiz

You traded Beasley. You *******.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Yo how do you sign up for this?

I can probably be sick if I controlled the Raptors.

celticfan
08-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I think there is only on per offseason

jimbobjarree
08-26-2009, 12:06 AM
this.match.up.biggest.rape.in.the.mock.so.far