PDA

View Full Version : Imagine If TMAC Stayed With Carter

K1NG
08-24-2009, 11:34 AM
just imagine a couple of years back what would've been our future if the two cousins teamed up together.i think raptors would be top in the east possibly.

North Yorker
08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
What has T-Mac done?

Nothing. We would have tied up half our payroll with 2 injury prone players that arent winners.

And plus if T-Mac stayed with Carter he wouldnt have been able to grow into the player he was. He would of always been overshadowed by Vince in Toronto.

FlawlessKB24
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
stuff doesnt always work like that

look at AI/Melo...

slaker619
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
They Would'nt Be Unstopable Because T-Mac Wasn't Really Great Till He Left The Raps

TDotzFinest
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Imagine if we drafted WADE over BOSH with Carter, I think that would have been very interesting.....

ink
08-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Really couldn't stand them when they were Raptors, and still can't stand them. Their attitudes suck pretty bad. It's all about VC or TMac in their worlds and we're better off without those personalities. Also, who needs such injury prone players?

North Yorker
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Imagine if we drafted WADE over BOSH with Carter, I think that would have been very interesting.....

and then we trade VC for Shaq and we win a ring and everyone and everything is all honkydory.

pebloemer
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Imagine we won the lottery this year...
Imagine we drafted Iggy over Araujo...
Imagine we drafted Roy over Bargnani...
Imagine Billups never left...
Imagine we never traded Carter...

Wow, we would have a sick team!

Seriously though, "imagine" or "what ifs" are completely irrelevant.

When an event occurs (like Tmac leaving), anything that happened after could/would have occurred differently, thus contradicting your own hypothetical imagination.

Your imagination rests on two principles:

We once had both Tmac and Carter
Both Tmac and Carter were dominant players at a point in time

Since the point in time occurred after the trade for both players, it is useless to imagine it, as we don't know how it would have turned out with them both on the same team.

Would the Raptor's make the same moves to bring in players that helped Carter progress?
Would Tmac ever get opportunity to be a star playing beside Carter?
Would we have two 25ppg scorers and a 25 win team?

It is all a discussion of illogical irrelevancy...

jsumadchat
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
my sig does make you think though... lol

Freshed
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
what is up with all the if statements .. why are you guys looking at the past? start looking at the present and stick with what we have

DaoudS
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I started my 2K9 franchise with Carter and T-Mac a few days ago. If T-Mac wasn't so selfish, there could've been something really special in Toronto.

td0tsfinest
08-24-2009, 01:44 PM

did you just take my nickname

SA5195
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
If we kept them, then we wouldn't have the current roster we have as of now. Now imagine that...no Bosh, Bargs, Hedo, Calderon, DD, and the rest of the team. No offence but why does every newcomer post "imagine we kept VC" or "what would happen if BC came earlier and kept VC" Forget about it people, its done!

phoenix_bladen
08-24-2009, 02:37 PM
even if we didn't win championships with them just for the fact they would have brought excitement for years to come

and i think vince carter and tmac would have been more motivated having each other around since they knew they both would have had all star level help

bebop
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Imagine we won the lottery this year...
Imagine we drafted Iggy over Araujo...
Imagine we drafted Roy over Bargnani...
Imagine Billups never left...
Imagine we never traded Carter...

Wow, we would have a sick team!

Seriously though, "imagine" or "what ifs" are completely irrelevant.

When an event occurs (like Tmac leaving), anything that happened after could/would have occurred differently, thus contradicting your own hypothetical imagination.

Your imagination rests on two principles:

We once had both Tmac and Carter
Both Tmac and Carter were dominant players at a point in time

Since the point in time occurred after the trade for both players, it is useless to imagine it, as we don't know how it would have turned out with them both on the same team.

Would the Raptor's make the same moves to bring in players that helped Carter progress?
Would Tmac ever get opportunity to be a star playing beside Carter?
Would we have two 25ppg scorers and a 25 win team?

It is all a discussion of illogical irrelevancy...

There's always one guy who has to bring the conversation back to reality, but you did it in a pretty douchy way. Hypothetical ideas are part of the fun of being a fan. Let ppl have fun with imagining what could have been. We're here to discuss all thing Raptors. If you have a problem with it, don't post.

jrice9
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Really couldn't stand them when they were Raptors, and still can't stand them. Their attitudes suck pretty bad. It's all about VC or TMac in their worlds and we're better off without those personalities. Also, who needs such injury prone players?
Im calling ********/sour grapes.

Every raptor fan liked those 2 when they were raps and happy as raps. They were our best players and put us on the map. Its just sour grapes because both left in bad ways. Will you feel the same way about Bosh if he leaves?

I generally agree with your opinions ink but come on...

RaptorizedKevin
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM

we wouldnt had drafted another sg, because we had jalen rose. plus, if we drafted wade. he would be like tmac, overshadowed by carter, until either his departure or carter.

K1NG
08-24-2009, 09:52 PM
yea in my opinion raptors have made some of the worst draft picks mistakes starting from rafael arujo,guy was a dum baller

jsumadchat
08-24-2009, 10:39 PM
did you just take my nickname

LOL he joined before you... YOU swagger-jacked him hahaha

La11
08-24-2009, 11:32 PM
imagine we trade VC for miami's 5th overall pick
then the following year we wud have become last place team and win the lottery(draft superman)
then suck that year too and then be in the lottery and then draft d will or chris paul

Bosh,wade,d howard and cp3

LOL what cud have been...sacrifice 2 years of losing

pebloemer
08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
There's always one guy who has to bring the conversation back to reality, but you did it in a pretty douchy way. Hypothetical ideas are part of the fun of being a fan. Let ppl have fun with imagining what could have been. We're here to discuss all thing Raptors. If you have a problem with it, don't post.

Perhaps I did do it in a bit of a douchy way, I'll accept that.

I suspect it stems from seeing the same "what if" threads posted every other month, always discussing the same scenarios. People combine the past and the present to speculate what could have been. However when they do that, they miss the fact that the present is the way it is because those past events; and if they changed, the present situation would too. The present is no longer a reference point for what could have been. It becomes nothing but fantasy. There are already fantasy drafts and redrafts available for those interested in fantasy situations. The only thing unique about a "what if" thread in this forum is that the fantasy involves players that at one point or another were linked to the Raptor's. However it gets stretch to ridiculous proportions.

I would argue that the discussion is nothing more than fantasy. For people who try to argue about things logically, responding to a thread like this doesn't leave many options available accept trying to bring people to reality.

A thread like this is no different than me than one saying, "What if we trade Bosh for Gasol?"

There is no rumour of this. In the current context of things shows this not to be the agenda of either the Raptors or the Lakers.

What if TMAC stayed with Carter? There is no rumour that it was a possibility. The context of the situation was that TMAC would not share the spotlight with Carter.

Both are nothing more than random statements that deal solely in fantasy. No evidence to believe that it is a possibility, no link to another article, no context of the situation taken into account.

I guess I don't see this thread as relevant or logical. I only see it as redundant, seeing as similar threads have been posted frequently over the years. I don't mean to ruin people's fun, but it seemed like a good time to get my thoughts out on the topic. Sorry for doing it in a "douchy" way.

It is the middle of the off-season, so maybe I just don't have a lot to say, so these thoughts come out here and now, but all in all, this has been a great off-season with lots to talk about. I guess now we hit the dry spell before the season begins.

deuces
08-25-2009, 10:02 AM
i am GLAD that we don't have those two WASTE mans anymore, because if we did we would have never of gotten marcus banks who is undeniably the best up and coming player in the league

SA5195
08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
i am GLAD that we don't have those two WASTE mans anymore, because if we did we would have never of gotten marcus banks who is undeniably the best up and coming player in the league

You are joking right?

dhalvarez
08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
They are two players that have a lot of talent. Although Carter has changed his demeanor a little bit for the better, the two of them are kind of lazy when it comes to playing every night 110% and not to mention the injuries..but who knows.

deuces
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
You are joking right?

no

Mikeleafs
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
TMac and Vince were probably our best players and we probably would have won a championship already if we kept all our star players including Damon, Camby etc.

BUT lets stop living in the past and look at the present Raptor TEAM, players who actually wanna be here. All our previous star players screwed this team for years to come so I think they dont deserve to be talked about at all. LOL