PDA

View Full Version : Who has the least threatening 4 guard Rotation???

GAWDtv
08-24-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm not going to pretend to know all the guards in the league therefore with this community I think we can get a fair assesment. But with rules so this is easier to browse.

1. Name the Team

2. The players in this format
Starting 1/back-up PG
Starting 2/back-up SG

3. Your reasoning as to why they do not/will not strike fear in any other guard rotation?

BlondeBomber41
08-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Whoever the Pacers have. None of their guards are guys that I can even remember off the top of my head. Brandon Rush.... I know Tinsley/Jack/Daniels are all gone.... oh yeah and they signed Dahntay Jones. So yeah, the Pacers.

Shady66
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
minnesota i would say

because i dont even remember their names... lol

theirs johnny flynn/ possibly rubio
Chucky atkins / Wayne Ellington

Mavrix
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Besides having Chris Paul I'd say New Orleans...

I don't even know who their starting SG is let alone their back ups at PG and SG

Raph12
08-24-2009, 01:34 AM
1. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. PG: Jonny Flynn/Chucky Atkins/Bobby Brown/Ricky Rubio?
SG: Wayne Ellington
3. This is the weakest backcourt rotation because there are 4 undersized point guards, one undersized shooting guard, Flynn is unproven and Rubio is still not known to be coming to the NBA or not. This is bar-none the least-threatening 4/5 guard rotation in the NBA

^^^Pacers have TJ Ford and Dahntay Jones, making them 2nd last to the T-Wolves

DQL
08-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Washington? :shrug: Arenas/Foye and Miller/Young

oh and the great MJ

Mavrix
08-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Washington? :shrug: Arenas/Foye and Miller/Young

Arenas/Foye is a good combo what are you talking about?

BlondeBomber41
08-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Ahhh yes TJ Ford. Still pretty crappy.

GAWDtv
08-24-2009, 01:40 AM

So is Miller/Young, I think he's an excited Wiz fan tryna rub our noses in it!! :clap:

DQL
08-24-2009, 01:41 AM

Lol sorry. Read the title wrong

cameroncrazies2
08-24-2009, 01:44 AM
I actually am not fond of the Washington backcourt situation. How many balls are they playing with? 4?

DQL
08-24-2009, 01:45 AM
So is Miller/Young, I think he's an excited Wiz fan tryna rub our noses in it!! :clap:

I'm a Heat fan and other teams hater. I just thought the thread was 'most threatening guard rotation'. Too sleepy

jakesmail123
08-24-2009, 01:54 AM

I don't even know who their starting SG is let alone their back ups at PG and SG

:facepalm: you cant have the best point guard in the league and then be considered non threatening..

Draco
08-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Maybe Grizzlies 4 guard rotation.. they get scored on more than they score.

ElMarroAfamado
08-24-2009, 02:35 AM
its funny the guy posted a format ....
and everyone ignored it
haaha

Ansy
08-24-2009, 03:25 AM
1. Minnesota timberwolves
2. Pg: Jonny flynn/chucky atkins/bobby brown/ricky rubio?
Sg: Wayne ellington
3. This is the weakest backcourt rotation because there are 4 undersized point guards, one undersized shooting guard, flynn is unproven and rubio is still not known to be coming to the nba or not. This is bar-none the least-threatening 4/5 guard rotation in the nba

+1

bogdanrom
08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I actually am not fond of the Washington backcourt situation. How many balls are they playing with? 4?

hahaha you're so funny. :end sarcasm:

Diggy_2
08-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Timberwolves

blastmasta26
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
+1
+2

Minnesota is terrible at the guard positions.

Kakaroach
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
T-Wolves

reemy
08-24-2009, 01:16 PM
t-wolves, coming from a fan

mrblisterdundee
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Philidelphia:

Unless Andre Igoudala becomes the full-time starting shooting guard, this team's back court is a bunch of unknowns.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM

:speechless:

They have Mike James as their backup.

heatbb
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm gonna go with Pacers also. Perhaps I'm not being objective 'cause I really like both Flynn and Rubio but damn, the Pacers backcourt sucks even more.

bigsams50
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
wolves

Kyle N.
08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
:speechless:

They have Mike James as their backup.

:confused: Did I miss something?

2_Trill
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
umm... umm..

dtmagnet
08-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe Grizzlies 4 guard rotation.. they get scored on more than they score.

Even so they are not the worst, Mayo and Conley are solid.

Vinny642
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM

LOL at you.

We got the best PG, a solid backup PG in Collison
The SG is difficult to explain to you but its either Mo Pete or Thorton starting. I think it'll be Mo but then that makes our backup SG a solid backup.

In all I've seen way worse then ours.

jimbobjarree
08-24-2009, 07:25 PM
sixers if you count Iggy as a small forward, I mean..who?

tjp2033
08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd say the 76ers.

Andre Iguodala, Lou Williams, Willie Green, Royal Ivey and Jason Kapono

pretty crappy if you ask me

MTar786
08-24-2009, 10:31 PM
t-wolves, coming from a fan

LoL i didnt know they had fans :faint:

GAWDtv
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
1. Toronto
2. Jose Calderon/Jarrett Jack/Quency Douby/Marcus Banks SG- Antoine Wright/Marco Belinelli/Sonny Weems

Now I name all the guards as who knows who plays and who doesn't but who to fear on this list? Jack??

Jose is Over rated. He is a worse defender than Nash ever was. I watch that guy get beat, crossed and ankles broken by most guards in this L. Anthony Johnson put it on him yo??? He has trouble leading the break as he does not throw the outlet pass to the lead man AHEAD of the D. This is sapposed to be a fast break offense???

Jarrett is good sometimes but traded alot, WHY? I will say he is a worthy back-up, so we have a back-up that is actually better than our starter but not good enough to keep, or start for us???

Douby, poor mans Juan Dixon, ya!!

Banks, this guy, I don't know how he stays in the L, his avg's are like 0.1 and 0.2 in 0.3 mpg. what the &@#%??? Even if we trade him for Carroll, his #'s are worse!!.

Now SG - What we have is POTENTIAL, great for the future, not much help to Bosh, Bargs and Turk RIGHT NOW. Them bigmen need a formidable guard compliment. It's not like Shaq Bron and Co. or Superman VC and Lewis, our bigs need help. From who we got?

Antoine Wright is unknown, Belinelli untested and Weems unheardof. They have 4 years experience between them if that. An avg. of 10 PPG this season from any one of them would be MIP status so what can we really expect from the 2 spot?

What guard rotation is afraid of Toronto? Is there anything we can do, any free agent guard we can consider to add much needed depth at this position?? CAN ANYONE THINK OF THE ANSWER TO OUR GUARD DEFICIENCY??? :mad:

azkarraga
08-27-2009, 06:17 PM
^^Toronto is quite poor, but i dont think is the worst. T-wolves is.

Mr.SmackYoMama
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
its funny the guy posted a format ....
and everyone ignored it
haaha

HAHAHAHA I didnt even trip but lol thats a good 1!

ink
08-27-2009, 08:09 PM
1. Toronto
2. Jose Calderon/Jarrett Jack/Quency Douby/Marcus Banks SG- Antoine Wright/Marco Belinelli/Sonny Weems

Now I name all the guards as who knows who plays and who doesn't but who to fear on this list? Jack??

Jose is Over rated. He is a worse defender than Nash ever was. I watch that guy get beat, crossed and ankles broken by most guards in this L. Anthony Johnson put it on him yo??? He has trouble leading the break as he does not throw the outlet pass to the lead man AHEAD of the D. This is sapposed to be a fast break offense???

Jarrett is good sometimes but traded alot, WHY? I will say he is a worthy back-up, so we have a back-up that is actually better than our starter but not good enough to keep, or start for us???

Banks, this guy, I don't know how he stays in the L, his avg's are like 0.1 and 0.2 in 0.3 mpg. what the &@#%??? Even if we trade him for Carroll, his #'s are worse!!.

Now SG - What we have is POTENTIAL, great for the future, not much help to Bosh, Bargs and Turk RIGHT NOW. Them bigmen need a formidable guard compliment. It's not like Shaq Bron and Co. or Superman VC and Lewis, our bigs need help. From who we got?

Antoine Wright is unknown, Belinelli untested and Weems unheardof. They have 4 years experience between them if that. An avg. of 10 PPG this season from any one of them would be MIP status so what can we really expect from the 2 spot?

What guard rotation is afraid of Toronto? Is there anything we can do, any free agent guard we can consider to add much needed depth at this position?? CAN ANYONE THINK OF THE ANSWER TO OUR GUARD DEFICIENCY??? :mad:

STEP ONE: it was very transparent that you were looking for people to diss the Raptors since you've become the resident Raps hater. lol. Too bad nobody hates the team as badly as you do. :p If you look at the thread, it's clear no one else considers them the worst 4 guard rotation. Not even close. Your evaluation of each of those players is pretty extreme. STEP TWO: "everyone who doesn't think we should have AI as the starting 2 guard is __________!!" :cool:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
^
I've noticed that too.

I have never seen him say 1 good thing about the Raptors. Even if it is the obvious.

IndyRealist
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't think you can count Philly because of Igoudala. Having a certified star in the rotation precludes you from this list. They're soft in the backcourt so he's going to spent a lot of time at SG.

So the concensus bottom three are: Minnesota, Toronto, and Indiana.

Minnesota - Who's their starting SG? They don't even have a four man backcourt rotation to offer up.
PG - Flynn/Atkins
SG - Ellington

Toronto - Like Calderon or not, he's a solid 2nd/3rd tier PG and so is Jack.
PG - Calderon/Jack
SG - Wright/Belinelli

Indiana - The PG rotation is horrible (worse than Toronto's SG rotation), and Rush/Jones isn't exactly all-star caliber.
PG - Ford/Deiner
SG - Rush/Jones

I'd put Indiana better than Toronto for one reason. More than likely, Mike Dunleavy will be ready for the season opener. The SG rotation goes from weak to deep. Dunleavy plays like a big PG, meaning Ford doesn't have to handle the ball (a good thing). If he's anywhere close to the 19/5.2/3.5 he was pre injury, the rotation won't look so bad.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't think you can count Philly because of Igoudala. Having a certified star in the rotation precludes you from this list. They're soft in the backcourt so he's going to spent a lot of time at SG.

Minnesota - Who's their starting SG? They don't even have a four man backcourt rotation to offer up.
PG - Flynn/Atkins
SG - Ellington

PG - Calderon/Jack
SG - Wright/Belinelli

Indiana - The PG rotation is horrible (worse than Toronto's SG rotation), and Rush/Jones isn't exactly all-star caliber.
PG - Ford/Deiner
SG - Rush/Jones

I'd put Indiana better than Toronto for one reason. More than likely, Mike Dunleavy will be ready for the season opener. The SG rotation goes from weak to deep. Dunleavy plays like a big PG, meaning Ford doesn't have to handle the ball (a good thing). If he's anywhere close to the 19/5.2/3.5 he was pre injury, the rotation won't look so bad.

Lol.

Jack was just as good as Ford. Calderon is better than TJ. How do we have a worse rotation?

heusy_79
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM

PG - Flynn/Atkins
SG - Ellington

PG - Calderon/Jack
SG - Wright/Belinelli

PG - Ford/Deiner
SG - Rush/Jones

Hedo Turkoglu plays point forward very well, and is a far better player than Dunleavy. I'm sorry but the Raptors back-court as is, is way better than Indiana's. Not only that, but Toronto's back-court is very young and has a lot of potential.

IndyRealist
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Hedo Turkoglu plays point forward very well, and is a far better player than Dunleavy. I'm sorry but the Raptors back-court as is, is way better than Indiana's. Not only that, but Toronto's back-court is very young and has a lot of potential.

Ah Hedo has been left out of the conversation because he plays SF, not in the backcourt. If he is playing SG then Toronto shouldn't be in this discussion at all.

To the other poster, at the end of the post I noted why I put Indiana ahead of Toronto, because of Mike Dunleavy. Assuming he returns to his old form (19/5/3) and handles the ball, he produces far better than Calderon, and Ford ~= Jack.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Mike Dunleavy is done.

ink
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Ah Hedo has been left out of the conversation because he plays SF, not in the backcourt. If he is playing SG then Toronto shouldn't be in this discussion at all.

Maybe it's the parameters of the discussion that are the problem! If Hedo handles the ball as much as we expect, he's relevant and this discussion really isn't. Whether we like it or not, or agree with it or not, Colangelo likes to have players that have the range to play several positions. So the 4 guard rotation idea is like judging an apple for not being an orange. Hedo will be a playmaker from the point forward position, so he has to be included in the discussion. What the Raptors lack, and have lacked since Carter left, is a bonafide attacking wing player. DeRozan is probably a couple of seasons away, and Hedo should fill some of that void. But because of good playmaking and shooting, Toronto does not belong on this list at all.

IndyRealist
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe it's the parameters of the discussion that are the problem! If Hedo handles the ball as much as we expect, he's relevant and this discussion really isn't. Whether we like it or not, or agree with it or not, Colangelo likes to have players that have the range to play several positions. So the 4 guard rotation idea is like judging an apple for not being an orange. Hedo will be a playmaker from the point forward position, so he has to be included in the discussion. What the Raptors lack, and have lacked since Carter left, is a bonafide attacking wing player. DeRozan is probably a couple of seasons away, and Hedo should fill some of that void. But because of good playmaking and shooting, Toronto does not belong on this list at all.

Heh, the question said backcourt, so I went with backcourt. If you're talking PG's + wings then Indiana isn't in the discussion either because of Granger.

IndyRealist
08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Mike Dunleavy is done.

Dunno if you follow Pacers news or not, but Dunleavy has apparently been playing with a huge bone spur in his knee since college. It's been cleaned up and he's playing pain free for the first time in years. He's been cleared for everything but full contact drills, so I don't see him being done. Us overly optimistic types think he might come back better.

But if Dunleavy is done, then the Pacers are on level with the Wolves.

ink
08-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Heh, the question said backcourt, so I went with backcourt. If you're talking PG's + wings then Indiana isn't in the discussion either because of Granger.

Granger doesn't handle the ball like a point forward so he does nothing like a guard would.

GAWDtv
08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
To the HATERS: I love the Raptors, I'm sure I've been to more live games than any of you. I'm upset that BC got yŠll fooled to think this is a competitive backcourt in The L.

P.S> I know we won't get AI but we will regret it, when we are looking back at another failed season wondering what went wrong, what could we have done diffrent, and AI is having a Comeback PoY year for THE GRIZZLIES, when Triano is fired and you are all on here wondering if we will win the Lottery, just be honest enough to admit you where wrong about the Answer. :rolleyes:

Yes I said they were young, too young to help us THIS SEASON get to the playoffs. I don't know if Hedo is Jesus but yŠll expect alot from him. His job will be to cover the top wing player with our undersized, inexperienced guards. The scouting report says force him to defend, get him tired/out of game as we have no BACK-UP SF. Hedo's got a full plate...

To the other poster, at the end of the post I noted why I put Indiana ahead of Toronto, because of Mike Dunleavy. Assuming he returns to his old form (19/5/3) and handles the ball, he produces far better than Calderon, and Ford ~= Jack.

He is not and cannot play much SG as he is our only legit SF. We could put DeR. @ the 3 and Hedo @ the 2 but then again, low depth at those positions.

Hedo is not that good. He was a third option when he had sucess in SAC and a 4th option in ORL (Howard, Lewis, Nelson then Hedo) so when did he become Scottie Pippen??? :facepalm:

Joshtd1
08-28-2009, 07:35 PM
My first thought was the Knicks.

Duhon is solid...but IMO he's better suited off as a backup. Is Chandler their starting SG? I thought he was a SF..but Im not even sure.

Even if Chandler is their starting SG..I have no idea who the Knicks backup PG/SG are.

Fireworld
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Wolves

ManRam
08-29-2009, 08:22 AM
1. Toronto

An objective Toronto fan??? No way.

I agree. I like Calderon a little more than you, but Toronto's back court is weak.

ManRam
08-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Hedo is not that good. He was a third option when he had sucess in SAC and a 4th option in ORL (Howard, Lewis, Nelson then Hedo) so when did he become Scottie Pippen??? :facepalm:

Hedo wasn't the 4th option. In the playoffs especially- most of the time he was the first option. When the game is on the line, Hedo had the ball in his hands far more than anyone else on the team.

GAWDtv
08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Hedo wasn't the 4th option. In the playoffs especially- most of the time he was the first option. When the game is on the line, Hedo had the ball in his hands far more than anyone else on the team.

I don't know what you where watching but I saw them going into Howard whenever possible, out to Lewis as the 1st inside to outside option. Nelson was down but normally he's the next option as he would take it hard to the hole or shoot as well. The reason we saw so much Turk this post season was Alston was a replacement and he took a minute to get acclimated. Defenses gear up for Howard 1st, when he is doubled, defenses are taught NOT TO LEAVE Lewis open and Nelson has the ball so when Turks man leaves to help he can hit the open shot or move the ball to the next open man. Seems he fooled BC and YOU, just be happy your not the one that gave him $12 mill per.

P.S> I like Jose but I know he is not a top tier PG in this L due to his lack of footspeed on D and he cannot throw the lead pass. He's like a Steve Kerr with more handles, which is a role player. We need atleast 1 premier guard to contend for a playoff birth.

Rangers AK27
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
As A knicks fan: Knicks!!!

PG Duhon, Toney Douglas
SG Larry Hughes, Joe Crawford (as a knicks fan i dont know who that is) - All of the sudden at the end of last season we had a bunch of players I never heard of. Righ now we have a THREE man Back court! Beat That LOL. Go Knicks!

Gallinari is a SF and so is Chandler, this is without Nate,

randomness
08-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Least threatning 4 guard rotations:

1. Flynn/Brown Ellington/Wilkins
2. Ford/Diener Dunleavy/Jones
3. Duhon/Douglas Chandler/Hughes
4. Williams/Holiday Green/Kapono
5. Felton/Augustin Bell/Henderson

GCOOKIE7
08-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't know what you where watching but I saw them going into Howard whenever possible, out to Lewis as the 1st inside to outside option. Nelson was down but normally he's the next option as he would take it hard to the hole or shoot as well. The reason we saw so much Turk this post season was Alston was a replacement and he took a minute to get acclimated. Defenses gear up for Howard 1st, when he is doubled, defenses are taught NOT TO LEAVE Lewis open and Nelson has the ball so when Turks man leaves to help he can hit the open shot or move the ball to the next open man. Seems he fooled BC and YOU, just be happy your not the one that gave him $12 mill per.

P.S> I like Jose but I know he is not a top tier PG in this L due to his lack of footspeed on D and he cannot throw the lead pass. He's like a Steve Kerr with more handles, which is a role player. We need atleast 1 premier guard to contend for a playoff birth.

Too bad Lewis makes twice as much as Hedo. :clap: