PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs - #2 Orlando Magic vs #7 Atlanta Hawks

BlondeBomber41
08-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Every offseason some of us on PSD join a mock offseason and make teams through a mock free agency period and trades among other GM's. Below are two teams battling in the playoffs, please help us by giving us your vote on who you think the better team is.

Orlando Magic Lineup:

PG: Rafer Alston/Will Bynum/Javaris Crittenton
SG: Kevin Martin/Juan Dixon/Quentin Richardson
SF: Caron Butler/Micheal Beasley
PF: Udonis Haslem/Joe Smith/Steve Novak
C: Dwight Howard/Darko Milicic

Atlanta Hawks Lineup:

pg - Chris Duhon - Marcus Banks - Mardy Collins
sg - OJ Mayo - Francisco Garcia - Aaron Afflalo
sf - Shawn Marion - Bobby Simmons - Jamario Moon
pf - Al Harrington - Tyrus Thomas - Hilton Armstrong
c - Jermaine O'Neal - Zaza Pachulia - Soloman Jones

Orlando Magic did not send in a writeup.

Atlanta Hawks Writeup:

congrats on the magic making it here and good luck.

duhon vs. alston - my plan for duhon here is for him to get a few 22assists games like he did with the knicks this past season. other then that i see alston getting himself tossed due to resorting back to his AND1 days and doing some illegal moves. or he will just smack duhon upside his head like he did to eddie house hahaha.

mayo vs. martin - sure martin can score alot but think of this mayo was a rookie this past year and is close to scoring as much as k-mart and has more rebounds and more assists per game last year. hes only 21 guys he can only get better.

marion vs. butler - marion will be all over butlers @$$ with his great D. enough said here.

harrington vs. haslem - harrington had doudle the points, steal, and assists per game then haslem. harrington clearly has the advantage over haslem.
also harrington is taller and a bit heavier then haslem witch allows him not to be pushed around by haslem.

o'neal vs. howard - so obviously howard is the best here in this match up but our plan here is to double team him hell triple team him if we have to and get him in foul trouble early on in the game.

Sportfan
08-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Lmao at the hawks write up
Magic in 4

DerekRE_3
08-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Dwight would have his way with Jermaine O'Neal and Kevin Martin and Caron Butler would get a lot of open looks playing with Dwight. Kevin Martin would especially benefit from playing with Dwight.

Kakaroach
08-23-2009, 11:04 AM
:laugh: @ the Hawks write-up. I almost voted for you because of that. But Magic in 5 or 6.

RocketsRule
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Magic for sure, way too much firepower to be stopped by the Hawks.

FC_4_life
08-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Magic in 5. Great job by both GMs!

Catfish1314
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM
This is actually closer than it looks. The Hawks have some solid defenders on their team and pretty decent depth as well.

The Magic appear to be the more functional team and are the superior team at both ends, so I think they would take it. But great job to both GMs.

Magic in 5.

Durant is hype
08-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Magic

Raps18-19 Champ
08-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Who is the GM for the Magic?

They should have gotten Calderon. He is one of the best fundamental shooters and would do wonders with Howard in the post.

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Martin and Butler are great scorers, plus Butler gives some D... Dwight in the post... Hard worker in Haslem and Alston to dish some assists... also better bench...

Magic wins this...

zambo4president
08-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Atlanta. I dont like that Orlando team at all.

jimbobjarree
08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
lanes will be clogged for Dwight now he has Haslem next to him and not Lewis spreading the floor, Hawks can afford to double/triple team him alot with Haslem being a non factor

celticfan
08-23-2009, 08:02 PM
i sent a writeup to BB41 but he did not post it. If anyone would like me to post it, send me a pm or just write it in here

BRICKCITYPIMP12
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
well im obviously out matched..haha
hey im a rookies and i made it to the playoffs after making a bunch of rookie mistakes lol. i ended up with a pretty good team and the 7th spot in the east. im happy haha.
good job magic.

celticfan
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
u too hawks

Raps18-19 Champ
08-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I voted for the Hawks just because of their write up.

celticfan
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I had a writeup but BB41 just forgot to post it. Even the best like bBB41 though make mistakes. BB41 put one of the best teams together this offseason

Nets fan 93
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM

They should have gotten Calderon. He is one of the best fundamental shooters and would do wonders with Howard in the post.

only if Martin was offered!

Sportfan
08-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Daddycool but he's on vacation

celticfan
08-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I am th eother part of it. thanks sportfan