PDA

View Full Version : Can Darko get rid of his Bust reputation?

Fresno
08-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Hes likely considered among the Top 5 biggest Busts in NBA History, hes made a good amount of money so far in his NBA career but hes never improved past being a defensive big man off of the bench.

If he does in fact step up and replace David Lee in New York this season at C, will he still be considered a Bust?

Im talking about Darko averaging 16/10/2 next season, it seems unlikely, but certain players excel in certain situations and this might be it for him.

He'll never be a worthy pick at #2 by Detroit over so many good players, but at 24 this would basically be his 3rd season in the NBA if he had gone to college. Maybe this will be the year he breaks through.:)

FlawlessKB24
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
i think he can be serviceable in NY

16/11/2 seems a little much, but you never know.
maybe eventually, but not right away

LakePackYank
08-23-2009, 12:37 AM
16/10/2 for darko? Yea i would be sucking rosie old donalds dick if that happened

Fireworld
08-23-2009, 12:41 AM
16/10/2 for darko? Yea i would be sucking rosie old donalds dick if that happened

Ewww :badidea:

zambo4president
08-23-2009, 12:45 AM
He will never live up to his draft pick hype thats for sure. But he may be a serviceable player.

Sportfan
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Nope no chance at all. Especially in a draft that was so deep

Catfish1314
08-23-2009, 12:51 AM
If he can, Mike D'Antoni is the coach he can do it under.

But he was drafted 2nd overall in favor of Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh. Two of the 3 are top 10 NBA Players today and the third is a 20-10 All-Star.

So in the shadow of those 3, Milicic will always be a bust unfortunately.

heyman321
08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
I think he could go 12-8 next year or more considering D'Antoni makes **** happen. Look at Marion in Phoenix and look how he was in Toronto and Miami. Inflated stats!

Run and Gun baby!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
08-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Do you consider a bust being drafted too high or just plain out sucking?

Because I think he is pretty decent. He should have been in the mid teen to mid 20's.

Hellcrooner
08-23-2009, 02:45 AM
being drafted high sometimes is a drag makes undervaluete players.

ah dhe been icked 20 people woudl be talking bout a steal..

Lakerfan8032
08-23-2009, 03:09 AM
being drafted high sometimes is a drag makes undervaluete players.

ah dhe been icked 20 people woudl be talking bout a steal..

What the hell does this mean?

If you mean that if Darko was drafted around pick 20 then what a steal then you are still wrong. He sucks, plain and simple. If he was picked in the second round then he would be just another pick but at two, colossal bust, especially with the three picks selected after him.

dhalvarez
08-23-2009, 03:22 AM
I feel sorry for the guy. It's not his fault he was picked so high. If he was choosen in the second round, he would probably be labelled a diamond in the rough.

sportscrazy34
08-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Yes if he can invent a time machine and go back in time with tapes of himself in nba games. There by convincing gms not to draft him till the 2nd round at best.

BkOriginalOne
08-23-2009, 03:42 AM
No.
He will never live up to his draft status.
But, he can become a nice role player - his ceiling is Memhet Okur.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Hes likely considered among the Top 5 biggest Busts in NBA History, hes made a good amount of money so far in his NBA career but hes never improved past being a defensive big man off of the bench.

If he does in fact step up and replace David Lee in New York this season at C, will he still be considered a Bust?

Im talking about Darko averaging 16/10/2 next season, it seems unlikely, but certain players excel in certain situations and this might be it for him.

He'll never be a worthy pick at #2 by Detroit over so many good players, but at 24 this would basically be his 3rd season in the NBA if he had gone to college. Maybe this will be the year he breaks through.:)

:facepalm:

azkarraga
08-23-2009, 03:57 AM
his bust is not a reputation, it's actual. no, he'll never be that good.

Trouble87
08-23-2009, 04:47 AM

wooooooooooooooooooooow :speechless:

R. Johnson#3
08-23-2009, 06:05 AM
When you look at who got drafted after him you can't help but call him a bust. Even if he puts up 10/10 that's not enough.

SteveNash
08-23-2009, 09:22 AM
If David Lee doesn't get re-signed I think he's the front runner for most improved.

He'll be guaranteed plenty of minutes, he won't just be used for defensive purposes, he'll be playing at a much faster pace, and it will be his contract year.

Sports Illustrator
08-23-2009, 11:26 AM
If he can, Mike D'Antoni is the coach he can do it under.

But he was drafted 2nd overall in favor of Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh. Two of the 3 are top 10 NBA Players today and the third is a 20-10 All-Star.

So in the shadow of those 3, Milicic will always be a bust unfortunately.

Very well said.

Darko Milicic will never live up to his hype, but he can definitely be a solid player in the NBA while playing for the right team. I am expecting a similar type of game he pulled off back when he played for the Orlando Magic.

I think 16 and 11 for Darko is a little hard considering the amount of bigs that the Knicks currently have, while not including David Lee. The Knicks may want to start Eddy Curry to boost his value so that they could trade him to have cap space in 2010. Don't forget the guys like Al Harrington, Jared Jeffries, Danilo Gallinari and Jordan Hill who can all get minutes at the four spot.

slaker619
08-23-2009, 11:35 AM
If He Becomes Dwight Howard Next Season Then He'll Get Rid Of Hiz Rep But That Will Never Happen

blah-blah
08-23-2009, 11:45 AM
no way

BUFFALO KNICK
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Give the man a chance in his new system. Would he still be a bust next year if he somehow puts up better numbers than LBJ, Wade, Melo, and Bosh? I doubt he will but who knows maybe this is the right system for him. its 50/50 either he will be a bust or he won't. As of now its too early to tell with a team change.

Darko for MVP.....or maybe Most Improved

Raps08-09 Champ
08-23-2009, 12:24 PM
I see 14 and 9 in Darko's future.

He got 7 and 6 in 24 minutes. He would get about 34 minutes. And with the run and gun, it would help a lot.

Sports Illustrator
08-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I see 14 and 9 in Darko's future.

He got 7 and 6 in 24 minutes. He would get about 34 minutes. And with the run and gun, it would help a lot.

I wouldn't be convinced about him getting 34 minutes a night. Keep in mind that the Knicks need to give minutes to Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry so they could try to get cap space for 2010. Then we have Al Harrington who is starting, and there's also Danilo Gallinari and Jordan Hill. If David Lee signs here, he will need to be added to that list.

Hopefully there is some type of trade coming along though.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't be convinced about him getting 34 minutes a night. Keep in mind that the Knicks need to give minutes to Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry so they could try to get cap space for 2010. Then we have Al Harrington who is starting, and there's also Danilo Gallinari and Jordan Hill. If David Lee signs here, he will need to be added to that list.

Hopefully there is some type of trade coming along though.

I forgot about Curry.

But I think it is impossible to trade him unless you trade someone good along with him. I can probably see a David Lee and Eddy Curry for T-mac or J.O'neal.

And Jeffries might be easier to trade.

Solid depth though

C-Lee*,Darko
PF-Hill, Jeffies
SF-Harrinton,Galinari
SG-Chandler, ?
PG-Duhon, Robinson,*

*pending

blastmasta26
08-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't see him ever removing his rep as a bust, but with a good enough performance, he can stop being known as one of the biggest busts ever.

nbaguy123
08-23-2009, 09:46 PM
i dont think he will, and the best he will ever be is a back-up

NYKnicks4511
08-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Darko was never a premier back to the basket guy, which is what he was forced to do in Detroit, Orlando, and Memphis - which is why now he's known as a Defensive backup since he wasn't able to showcase his offensive prowess facing the basket.
In a run and gun / European style offense that D'Antoni runs Darko will be able to play his game, so we'll wait and see how that goes. It's a low risk high reward move after all, not like it'll make or break the Knick franchise.
Either way I'm hoping that Darko gets even 11 and 8 assuming he gets around 30 mins a game and Lee gets signed and shipped. I understand we have to build up Jeffries and Curry like we did with Z-Bo and Crawford but Donnie seems high on him so he'll most likely get some solid time since Hill is a bit raw atm.

Anyways I hope Darko does well, I kinda feel bad for him...

mzgrizz
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
no.

I Am Awesome-O
08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Darko's never going to get rid of his bust reputation because he's never going to play in the NBA again after this year. He has made it quite clear that he's going back to Serbia when his contract is up and he is going to finish his career there.

Darko really isn't a bad player, in fact he is a great big man defender who, if he decided to stay in this league, would have carved out the niche of a defensive role player coming off the bench and doing his thing. Good role players are really valuable these days, so believe it or not, Darko would have been a valuable player in this league for a long time. But that's not what Darko wanted, and with all the **** he has gotten his whole career, who can blame him for having a bit of nostalgia.