PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Retirement

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Which players do you think will retire before the start of the 2009-2010 season, and after the culmination of the 2009-2010 season.

We already know that Dikembe Mutombo said that he already plans to retire after getting that injury in the Portland series.

My prediction: Nobody will sign Stephon Marbuy and he will retire, the Bobcats won't resign Juwan Howard and he will retire, though I would love to see Shaq end his career in a Lakers uniform, I do think this will be his last season, and I say he will retire at the end of the 09-10 season.

I also say that Big Ben will end his career with the Pistons (fittingly and deservedly), this will be Joe Smith's final season, retiring as a Atlanta Hawk, and Antonio McDyess will retire at season's end as a S.A. Spur.

What are your predictions?

jimbobjarree
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Harpring will make his decision soon

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Harpring will make his decision soon

altho just curious, he still under contract with the jazz, rite?

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Lindsey Hunter will retire soon (not sure if he is under contract or already has)
Sheed
Big Ben Wallace
Mcdyess
Yao maybe soon if his leg doesnt heal properly
Iverson if he doesnt get signed

Wow all except Yao are former pistons *damn we were old

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Lindsey Hunter will retire soon (not sure if he is under contract or already has)
Sheed
Big Ben Wallace
Mcdyess
Yao maybe soon if his leg doesnt heal properly
Iverson if he doesnt get signed

Wow all except Yao are former pistons *damn we were old

i think with addition of rasheed, and celtics getting stronger and extending their window for another two yrs, i think he'll stick around prolly until 2011-2012. Yao, we'll see, he just has had real bad luck. Iverson is on the verge of signing with Charlotte Bobcats, and I'm sure it'll be for prolly 2 yrs, 3 yrs max, although 3 yrs is prolly a stretch. agree with u on Dyess and Big Ben

Oh and I think Lindsey Hunter resigned with the Chicago Bulls for a 1 yr deal, so therez a good chance he might retire at this season's end

Spurred1
08-22-2009, 08:48 PM
i think with addition of rasheed, and celtics getting stronger and extending their window for another two yrs, i think he'll stick around prolly until 2011-2012. Yao, we'll see, he just has had real bad luck. Iverson is on the verge of signing with Charlotte Bobcats, and I'm sure it'll be for prolly 2 yrs, 3 yrs max, although 3 yrs is prolly a stretch. agree with u on Dyess and Big Ben

Oh and I think Lindsey Hunter resigned with the Chicago Bulls for a 1 yr deal, so therez a good chance he might retire at this season's end

He has a huge frame that gets put under a lot of work and stress. More than real bad luck there. Just too big.

jimbobjarree
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
altho just curious, he still under contract with the jazz, rite?

yah but his knee is messed. He has one season with us if he wants, doesnt look good though

Shady66
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Didnt shaq say he was gonna play 3 more seasons?, because he missed about 3 seasons in total with injurys.

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
yah but his knee is messed. He has one season with us if he wants, doesnt look good though

sorry to hear that. and im being serious when i say that the nba just got a tad bit softer than what it already is with the retiring of one Matt Harpring. That guy is what you call a true "non-dirty" physical player. He would flourish in the early 90's NBA game

brandonwarne52
Marbury won't officially retire, but his career has gone up in smoke.

DetroitRipCity

and then he should come to detroit as an assistant coach or just part of the staff WE MISS YOU LINDSEY (no homo)

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Didnt shaq say he was gonna play 3 more seasons?, because he missed about 3 seasons in total with injurys.

ya he says that, but also says that he was working out for the shaq vs thing because he feels he can be in tip-top shape for perhaps one last season. u gotta remmeber if cavs don't win the title this yr, therez no way shaq gonna stay, cuz lebron will prolly leave. and who is shaq gonna sign with, the magic? backing up dwight, the guy he adores so much????? or the celtics??? making the youngest team nba history?? (im sure even shaq has that much sense of being known as one of the greatest lakers of all time, so that would really suck if he ended his career there and ending up with a title there as well)

maybe san antonio, since he in competitino with duncan to see who would be the first to get to 5 rings. perhaps he would wanna team up with duncan so that both would get their 5th, together.

or. the best possible scenario, signs a 2 yr deal for the MLE with the lakers (10-11 and 11-'12 seasons), and finish his career with 6 titles in 8 finals appearances. (5 titles in 6 finals with the lakers) :)

Shady66
08-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I really do hope shaq retires in LA as well, anywhere else just seems wrong.

Spurred1
08-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Finley had better retire after this season.

nbaguy123
08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
bowen will sign with the celtics or cavs then retire after 09-10 season

Lakers_ftw
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
D. Fisher will retire after 09-10 season.