PDA

View Full Version : Can a Lebron/Wade duo really win a title?

TannerOwnsDevin
08-22-2009, 07:32 PM
People talk about the possibility of Wade and Lebron playing together for an NBA team once both declare FA in 2019, a lot of speculations are made on and how this partnership could turn out as possibly one of the greatest 1-2 punch in league history.

I look down at the history and Ive never seen a 1-2 punch with both perimeter players having tremendous success besides MJ and Pip. All the successful ones are a combination of a big man and a guard. See Kobe-Shaq, Duncan-Parker and/or Manu, Olajuwon and Drexler.

BUT, in fairness to Lebron and Wade's skill level. I dont think the league has ever had a combination of talent like these two that collaborated to pursue an NBA Title...still...

The thought of having two dominant scorers who needs the ball in their hands to be effective does'nt sound promising. One way or another, one of them has to bow down, and I dont see Wade doing this because he has a ring and an NBA Finals MVP under his resume, at the same time Lebron, being the best player that he is (and undeniably a bigger ego than Wade) would not accept a second fiddle role. not to mention that with the amount of Cap Space these two would eat, adding quality players would be hard, unless they are playing for a team with a salary cap set at over 80 Mil.

That being said, do you think Wade and Bron can win a title together with all other factors being taken into consideration?

Lakers4ItAll
08-22-2009, 07:34 PM
They will never be on the same team

jsumadchat
08-22-2009, 07:35 PM
did the olympic team win gold? i think these two are a different story. they are good friends and like playing together. if it was constant, they would reak havoc.

Vinny642
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
If I had to pick between two top 5 players to put on a team it'd be CP and Dwight because i dont think there are enough possessions in the game for lebron and wade to be superstar efficient

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 07:50 PM
The options for this thread are really stupid. Kobe and Wade are the top 2 players (they have the whole package, everything BASKETBALL related, not just ATHLETICISM/FREAKISH ABILITY related). Lebron obviously has greatness written all over him (and I don't mean the tattoos of the word "Greatness and Chosen ONe" that he had put on him on a Sunday Morning on the street corner near his apartment in the small town of Akron, Ohio, lol), but until he doesn't develop that jump shot/midrange game, he is 3rd.

The whole Kobe is better than both blah blah blah is just trying to bait die hard Kobe fans to vote for that, and we know the true intention of this poster by putting such an option.

...Yes, this duo can win a title, with head coach............Coach Kobe Bryant, running the triangle offense.....Zen Master 2.0, the Black Mamba version, lol

Raph12
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Nope, not without a solid big man they can't, Lebron and Wade play the same game, maybe they work out a way to co-exist but not win against teams with solid frontcourt players (ie. San Antonio [Tim Duncan], Los Angeles L [Gasol/Bynum], Orlando [Dwight Howard], Boston [Garnett/Sheed]). Without a star/solid big man/frontcourt, this duo will go nowhere.

lorenz00
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
yes they would win multi rings... if they get decent rosters ..

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Of course the heat would win championshipS with the two best players in the nba.

Btw, option number 3 is ********

jsumadchat
08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Nope, not without a solid big man they can't, Lebron and Wade play the same game, maybe they work out a way to co-exist but not win against teams with solid frontcourt players (ie. San Antonio [Tim Duncan], Los Angeles L [Gasol/Bynum], Orlando [Dwight Howard], Boston [Garnett/Sheed]). Without a star/solid big man/frontcourt, this duo will go nowhere.

you say solid big man, but you have dwight, timmyD, gasol and KG as your examples. those guys arent solid, they're SUPERSTARS. solid is more along the lines of bargs, biedrins, the other gasol, any of the lopez bros, etc.. a decent roster (NOT scrubs) + wade and bron could be deadly.

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 08:08 PM
1.) it says 2019 at the top do you mean 2010?
2.) I dont think they will be able to do it, the supporting cast would be terrible (considering both of them will get max deals)
3.) but if you do mean 2019 then my argument means nothing

Raph12
08-22-2009, 08:11 PM
you say solid big man, but you have dwight, timmyD, gasol and KG as your examples. those guys arent solid, they're SUPERSTARS. solid is more along the lines of bargs, biedrins, the other gasol, any of the lopez bros, etc.. a decent roster (NOT scrubs) + wade and bron could be deadly.

My point is they need a solid big man to keep up, the guys listed run their teams (with the exception of Gasol), which is why to keep up with a frontcourt of that magnitude, they will need someone solid to keep pace. Someone like Biedrins or Brook Lopez would be enough for Lebron and Wade to do the rest.

azkarraga
08-22-2009, 08:21 PM
they'd win it all

heyman321
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Kob3 4evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GSPftw
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
The options for this thread are really stupid. Kobe and Wade are the top 2 players (they have the whole package, everything BASKETBALL related, not just ATHLETICISM/FREAKISH ABILITY related). Lebron obviously has greatness written all over him (and I don't mean the tattoos of the word "Greatness and Chosen ONe" that he had put on him on a Sunday Morning on the street corner near his apartment in the small town of Akron, Ohio, lol), but until he doesn't develop that jump shot/midrange game, he is 3rd.

Please. Lebron is easily #1; Kobe and Wade are basically 2a and 2b, either one can carry a team. BUT, Kobe has always had better teams around him which explains his rings. Lebron is yet to get one because his teammates have been pretty much trash. To say Lebron isn't in the top two is ridiculous. Kobe has been a force for a long time, but until he had great teammates he hadn't won a ring since the Shaq days. This past season the Lakers had probably the deepest roster in the league, AND were injury-free for the most part (just ask the Rockets if injuries affected their playoff run...or the Celtics...or the Spurs). Wade won the 2006 finals BY HIMSELF. Lebron will get his shot, we all know that, but until he has a cast ANYWHERE NEAR the talent that Kobe has, he will have a hard time getting a ring.

So yes, I'd say Lebron and Wade would be championship-bound assuming the team had any money left for at least a respectable supporting cast.

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Please. Lebron is easily #1; Kobe and Wade are basically 2a and 2b, either one can carry a team. BUT, Kobe has always had better teams around him which explains his rings. Lebron is yet to get one because his teammates have been pretty much trash.

So when Lebron doesnt win a ring this year with by far the best team he has had around him what is the excuse then?

1.)Kobe
2.)Wade
3.)Lebron

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Please. Lebron is easily #1; Kobe and Wade are basically 2a and 2b, either one can carry a team. BUT, Kobe has always had better teams around him which explains his rings. Lebron is yet to get one because his teammates have been pretty much trash. To say Lebron isn't in the top two is ridiculous. Kobe has been a force for a long time, but until he had great teammates he hadn't won a ring since the Shaq days. This past season the Lakers had probably the deepest roster in the league, AND were injury-free for the most part (just ask the Rockets if injuries affected their playoff run...or the Celtics...or the Spurs). Wade won the 2006 finals BY HIMSELF. Lebron will get his shot, we all know that, but until he has a cast ANYWHERE NEAR the talent that Kobe has, he will have a hard time getting a ring.

So yes, I'd say Lebron and Wade would be championship-bound assuming the team had any money left for at least a respectable supporting cast.

:rolleyes:

for realz? didn't laker bench receive criticism the entire season???? 07-08 laker bench wuz 10 times better than 08-09 laker bench. farmar was crap cuz of the injury (he missed like 15 games or so, and old 34 yr old D-fish, who now 35, had to play extra minutes), sasha got a good contract and then played like crap, and speaking of injuries, besides farmar, bynum missed like 30 games, and wasn't even helpful in the playoffs or against dwight (gasol + lakers team defense did the job in the finals)

and wade, as much as i like him (and i've stated before on PSD here that IMO, solely due to age, he is best player in the NBA), had of course 90% of the whistles in his favor. Not even the great Michael Jordan had as many free throw attempts as Dwyane Wade in his very first NBA Finals in 1991

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 09:36 PM
So when Lebron doesnt win a ring this year with by far the best team he has had around him what is the excuse then?

1.)Kobe
2.)Wade
3.)Lebron

lol, there is no excuse. for 82 games of the regular season and first 8 postseason games for the cavs, mo willliams, varejao improving and delonte improving and getting healthier (after receiving the injury in the beginning) were gangsta, the greatest things to happen to lebron's career.

and suddenly.......

the ECF happened, where due to just 6 games (the last 6 games of the cavs season), the first 90 games became irrelevant in an instant

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
lol, there is no excuse. for 82 games of the regular season and first 8 postseason games for the cavs, mo willliams, varejao improving and delonte improving and getting healthier (after receiving the injury in the beginning) were gangsta, the greatest things to happen to lebron's career.

and suddenly.......

the ECF happened, where due to just 6 games (the last 6 games of the cavs season), the first 90 games became irrelevant in an instant

ive been saying there is no excuse to but its always the same damn one "Oh well Kobe has always had a great team, and Lebron has had ****" Well i guess that means Lebron isnt great cause he didnt make his teamates BETTER

samus
08-22-2009, 09:46 PM
i reckon it'll be like iverson and carmello
they will score heaps but wont win playoffs

Patriots
08-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Every Lakers most voted the bottom 1 including me :D

thedfactor
08-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Definitely. As much as it makes sense to argue against it due to the fact they might not work well together because each is his own superstar. They are both just too amazing and LeBron isn't as selfish as Wade. I could see them together winning...in Dallas with Dirk, Marion, and Kidd.

Fly-Eagles-Fly
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
C'Mon!

If Iverson and E-Snow couldn't do it. Or hell even Iverson and C-Webb. How can Wade and LeBrick win it?!

You guys are DRUNK.

_KB24_
08-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Recruits these days...:facepalm: Wade won it by himself? Thats funny, I dont think games feature a 1-on-5 gameplay. Didn't Wade play with 2 HOFs, a defenesive stopper/dead-eye shooter, and a premier ball handler in Williams. not to mention some questionale calls that all you Mavs fans will never forget;). Lebron as well, he had a great team last year. They were the best defensive team and that doesnt come with only one person.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Why is that Kobe part there?

Wat does Kobe have to do with anything in this question.

evadatam5150
08-23-2009, 01:48 AM
People talk about the possibility of Wade and Lebron playing together for an NBA team once both declare FA in 2019, a lot of speculations are made on and how this partnership could turn out as possibly one of the greatest 1-2 punch in league history.

I look down at the history and Ive never seen a 1-2 punch with both perimeter players having tremendous success besides MJ and Pip. All the successful ones are a combination of a big man and a guard. See Kobe-Shaq, Duncan-Parker and/or Manu, Olajuwon and Drexler.

That being said, do you think Wade and Bron can win a title together with all other factors being taken into consideration?

First off what kind of glue are you huffing.. ?? Second, 2019...?? Third, stop the useless posting of threads that are utterly ridiculous.. Dude seriously what a waste of space... :facepalm:

evadatam5150
08-23-2009, 01:56 AM

and suddenly.......

Thats what happens when you play in a weaker division and beat the tar out of the weaker teams and then ESPN crowns you as the best team in the NBA and everyone buys into it because, well it's ESPN.. !!! Then you run into a better EC team that snaps your azz back to reality and that same EC team get's its azz handed to them by a superior Western Conference team because, well, the West was just simply superior..

But ESPN never said so.. So all the Eastern Conference homers still believe it can't be true.. Pitty that... :clap:

qbanheatfan
08-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Why did you put that they would play together at 2019? I think their best chance to play together may come next off season. Of the teams with money next year the team with the best chances of landing Both are as follows:

Knicks- They would have the money, however, only if they don't sign David Lee or Nate Robinson to big contracts.

Nets- They are going to have money but not enough to sign both a Wade and Lebron, maybe just one of them.

Heat- Of these three teams the Heat have the best possibility of signing both Wade and Lebron. The Heat won't have many people under contract and would basically have everything to spend. In fact as John Hollinger from ESPN reported the Heat will have enough money to sign a max contract free agent and a fairly expensive player all while keeping Wade.

Let's not also forget the Heat will have fairly inexpensive team options on both Beasley and Chalmers allowing the Heat to yield a really good starting lineup especially if they end up signing both Wade and Lebron.

Ethix11
08-23-2009, 03:04 AM
^ Didnt Boston beat the Lakers with a healthy roster and DEFENCE?? Something the Western Conference lacks.. Speaking of Defense, Wade and Lebron were like 1st and 2nd in defensive players of the year. Dwight was 3rd if im not mistaken. They would be able to play both ends of the court. Although they would demand max contracts with little room for a good supporting cast, the Heat have NO PLAYERS under contract next season and can hold on to Beasly for just 5 million so theres plenty of room for support. Wade is not a selfish player, he just didnt have enough talent around him and even then check out his assists. I love Kobe but how can arguably 2 of the best players in the league not win a championship when either one can go for 50 and there arent enough double teams to leave 3 others players wide open like Beasley or even anyone else for that matter. Jordan and Pippen is not as talented as Lebron and Wade. They are great friends and even play together at Zos Summer Grooves. It should be obvious to anyone with basketball knowledge that they would be very successful.

BkOriginalOne
08-23-2009, 03:40 AM
They can, but not against Kobe and Paul or Howard.

iggypop123
08-23-2009, 03:57 AM
they wont win a ring until kobe retires. if they team up that means they will have somebody like chris quinn as their starting PG

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 05:15 AM
yes they would win multi rings... if they get decent rosters ..

^yep, still would need a decent big man

ryanj12344
08-23-2009, 06:33 AM
1.kobe
2. wade
3. lebron

lebron is so overrated

todu82
08-23-2009, 07:53 AM
I think they could, still in order for them to be a sure thing as a championship contender they'd have to add a really good centre.

icon1914
08-23-2009, 08:51 AM

1.)Kobe
2.)Wade
3.)Lebron

What? Are you serious? This years Cavs team might be better than last year, but its not like they have the best team in the league... maybe not even the best team in the East.

They have a solid team that could win it all, but I would not be at all surprised if they got put out in the conference finals against a healthy Boston... or get beat in the finals against The Lakers. Does that mean LeBron is not an amazing player? Not at all... but it does show that you need a solid team, and a great second option to win it all in this league.

When Kobe did not have his second option he lost in the first round two years in a row to the Suns.

And what makes Wade better than Lebron? If you are using team performance as a factor the Heat have not really been much of a threat since they won a title. Does that single title give Wade that much of an edge over LeBron?

Mave1002
08-23-2009, 11:25 AM
depends on the competition. against the lakers.. no.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2009, 03:18 PM
This thread sucks!

How in the hell they would be in the same team?

Fireworld
08-23-2009, 03:32 PM
The options for this thread are really stupid.

B.JenningsMVP
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM
kobe'll be in their way

LA_Raiders
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
2 Divas in 1 Team...No Way...

cowboyz180
08-23-2009, 04:24 PM
of course they would win multiple titles

b_rad23
08-23-2009, 05:03 PM
1.) it says 2019 at the top do you mean 2010?
2.) I dont think they will be able to do it, the supporting cast would be terrible (considering both of them will get max deals)
3.) but if you do mean 2019 then my argument means nothing

No. They'd get Wade, Lebron, Mario Chalmers, Beasley, Daequan Cook, + another 8 or so million to spend.

C'Mon!

If Iverson and E-Snow couldn't do it. Or hell even Iverson and C-Webb. How can Wade and LeBrick win it?!

You guys are DRUNK.

Yeah, I'd say Eric Snow is on Wade and Lebron's level...

Why did you put that they would play together at 2019? I think their best chance to play together may come next off season. Of the teams with money next year the team with the best chances of landing Both are as follows:

Knicks- They would have the money, however, only if they don't sign David Lee or Nate Robinson to big contracts. They still only have money for one max and another 10 million deal. Curry+Jeffries prevents more than one max player added.

Nets- They are going to have money but not enough to sign both a Wade and Lebron, maybe just one of them. yup, same deal as the knicks.

Heat- Of these three teams the Heat have the best possibility of signing both Wade and Lebron. The Heat won't have many people under contract and would basically have everything to spend. In fact as John Hollinger from ESPN reported the Heat will have enough money to sign a max contract free agent and a fairly expensive player all while keeping Wade.

Let's not also forget the Heat will have fairly inexpensive team options on both Beasley and Chalmers allowing the Heat to yield a really good starting lineup especially if they end up signing both Wade and Lebron.

Exactly:
They can have something like:
Mario/Patrick Beverly/vet
Wade/Cook/2nd rounder
Lebron/1st rounder/vet
Beasley/Dozier/2nd rounder
(Brendan Haywood F/A or Chris Kaman via trade)/1st rounder/vet

Plus all the minimum deals they want plus 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders next year.

they wont win a ring until kobe retires. if they team up that means they will have somebody like chris quinn as their starting PG

No. Mario Chalmers, Patrick Beverly and 4 draft picks next year....

^yep, still would need a decent big man

Have an extra 6+ or so million in addition to add to Lebron, Wade, Mario, Beasley, Cook, Pat Beverly.

I think they could, still in order for them to be a sure thing as a championship contender they'd have to add a really good centre.

^^^

kobe'll be in their way

2 Divas in 1 Team...No Way...

Two divas that each average 7+ assists and play both sides of the floor...

This would be a dynasty. There's no way that another team could compete with Chalmers/Wade/Lebron/Beasley and all the picks and extra space. That team would be young, dominant and deadly for 10 years. I'd think 6+ titles.

97'bulls
08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Those two would actually probably be very good together.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 05:37 PM
the options on your thread suck. Have to either say, no way, or then start an argument by saying that I think both Wade and LeBron are better than Kobe, or I get to pick Kobe has 4 rings (thanks Shaq, Phil, Pau, and the most stacked roster for a great player this year). All dumb. Of course they could win a ring or more. You are talking 2 of the best 3 players in the world, on the same team.
This thread sucks.

eugene
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
My choice is Lebron/Wade + Howard... It would be a much better combination!

IndiansFan337
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Most certainly, if they have a decent core of roll players around them.

They managed to win it all while they were teammates in Beijing.

yanksknicksgmen
08-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes but they wont be on the same team IMO

Reversed86Curse
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM

I would argue that the "decent core of role players" around them in Beijing was just a little bit better than you could expect on a regular NBA team- and the Lebron/Wade led 2004 Olympic team finished 3rd, as well as the 2006 World Championship team (big improvement in 2008 w/Kobe, Paul and Howard added)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_men's_national_basketball_team#2008_Olympics_U .S._Men.27s_Basketball_Team_-_The_Redeem_Team

ko8e24
08-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes but they wont be on the same team IMO

wtf? :confused:, this is all hypothetical. no one is saying they will. its all pure speculations, and plain and simple...just fun to think about it.

ko8e24
08-23-2009, 06:50 PM

FLASHBACK: thinking, thinking, thinking.....GOLD MEDAL GAME!!!!

I thought we were talking about Wade & Lebron. Where did Wade & Kobe come in?????? :confused:

Bruno
08-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Who else is on the team?

HiphopRelated
08-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Beasley
JO or Brendan Haywood or Chandler

That's the only feasible team as of right now

_KB24_
08-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Even if Wade and Lebron played together, they would not be able to beat the Lakers :D

jj24
08-24-2009, 05:20 AM
They will never be on the same team

u better hope not because if they do, even david stern and the refs wouldnt be able to save the lakers then

jj24
08-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Even if Wade and Lebron played together, they would not be able to beat the Lakers :D

oh god..... =O<==3 swallow kobe already

_KB24_
08-24-2009, 07:43 AM
oh god..... =O<==3 swallow kobe already

Recruit, you'll learn soon enough you don't talk to people with more knowledge than you little punk.

MiamiLoyal926
08-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Recruit, you'll learn soon enough you don't talk to people with more knowledge than you little punk.

What does the status of recruit have to do with knowledge of a sport? All that means is how long you have been a member and how often you post.

Truthfully speaking though… If Lebron was to come to Miami that would be arguably the strongest team he can ever be on. That would also be the most dominant team with much youth in the NBA for years. I’m being a hopeful homer, but good chance it doesn’t happen.

Chalmers / Beverly / Draft Pick
Wade / Cook
Lebron / Draft picks or FA
Beasley / Haslem or Draft picks or FA
JO or Chandler or Camby and/or Draft

Vs.

Farmar / Fisher
Kobe / Sasha / Brown
Artest / Odom / Walton
Gasol / Odom
Bynum

It would be great to watch in the finals... But i'll put my money on the younger squad with two superstars and an all star or two.

RaiderLakersA's
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
It's not possible for the top 2 guys in the league to win a title. These days teams are sufficiently deep that you need 3 all stars on the squad.

The only way that 2 stars have a chance is if one of them is the most dominant ever and the other is top 5 all-time...and even then, you better have some skilled role players and luck.

fast_break
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
u better hope not because if they do, even david stern and the refs wouldnt be able to save the lakers then

is that why they went home with the Bronze Medal at the 2004 Olympics?

oh wait David Stern rigged the Olympics in favor of Argentina

Ace33Bone
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Even though I am not a D Wade fan by any stretch of the imagination... if you put him and LBJ on the team who are arguably 2 of the top 3 players in the league who would stop them from winning a title?

MiamiLoyal926
08-24-2009, 03:10 PM
is that why they went home with the Bronze Medal at the 2004 Olympics?

oh wait David Stern rigged the Olympics in favor of Argentina

So your arguement is what? DWade and Lebron of 2004 are the same as DWade and Lebron of Today?

Its like Saying DRose and Beasley can win it all if they were on the same team next year.

fast_break
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
So your arguement is what? DWade and Lebron of 2004 are the same as DWade and Lebron of Today?

Its like Saying DRose and Beasley can win it all if they were on the same team next year.

but saying David Stern rigs Lakers games is okay?
i'm obviously responding to his **** talk

but still Wade and Lebron doesn't garauntee a ring. it depends on the rest of the lineup and bench

azkarraga
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
havent we discuss this already?

_KB24_
08-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Even though I am not a D Wade fan by any stretch of the imagination... if you put him and LBJ on the team who are arguably 2 of the top 3 players in the league who would stop them from winning a title?

I'll be very frank, you asked who would stop them? The Lakers led by the best player in the world, KOBE.

Bring The Heat
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Is this even a question? My goodness....LBJ on the heat with Wade with the current team they have...2 best players in the world is an automatic ring....back to back if they stay healthy...it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league

_KB24_
08-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Is this even a question? My goodness....LBJ on the heat with Wade with the current team they have...2 best players in the world is an automatic ring....back to back if they stay healthy...it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league

Shaq and Kobe in 04 were easily the best wingman and big man in the game. What happened? It doesn't matter if you have greats playing beside each other, you still need atleast a couple of role players.

123heyho
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
The two of them are too big of stars to successfully work together IMHO...

vash9
08-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Give Lebron and Wade a decent supporting solid cast of teamates, and i think they could get multi-championships.

BUT, there's far too little possessions for the both of them to have like 30ppg or even may not get along on the court.

Cavs_Fan24
08-24-2009, 10:43 PM
They don't need the ball to score one has the ball and the presence of the other moving without it gives them scoring chances. They would win it all together because they are both have passion, are unselfish and determined to win. But the reason why they are so good now is that they have eachother to push their limits and if they're on the same team then who will push them other then Kobe? And that's only twice a year.

Ethix11
08-24-2009, 11:15 PM
:shrug: They could probably compete against eachother everynight to see who can score the most points while everyone else expends all of their energies solely focused on defence making it even better. Unless they each get double teamed that leaves 2 other players wide open and the ball would be moving around as would the opposing team members that it would look like a circus show tiring them out. Thats another strategy alltogether.

b_rad23
08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Shaq and Kobe in 04 were easily the best wingman and big man in the game. What happened? It doesn't matter if you have greats playing beside each other, you still need atleast a couple of role players.

Lol they won 3 championships before that.

And Wade and Lebron are both better than Kobe was.

MiamiLoyal926
08-24-2009, 11:54 PM
I'll be very frank, you asked who would stop them? The Lakers led by the best player in the world, KOBE.

Are you sure? 33 year old Kobe is going to keep up with a Wade/Lebron duo? Add a future all star in beasley in his prime and another solid vet player + a bunch of young guys potentially high picks in upcoming drafts.

It would be an amazing series to watch thats for sure... but more often than not, a Wade Lebron punch will have more gas than just kobe. Sorry but Lakers will more often than not lose to a Lebron / Wade front court... if in Miami. Anywhere else it depends on what can be put around them.

KB---24
08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=MiamiLoyal926;10646439]Are you sure? 33 year old Kobe is going to keep up with a Wade/Lebron duo? Add a future all star in beasley in his prime and another solid vet player + a bunch of young guys potentially high picks in upcoming drafts.

It would be an amazing series to watch thats for sure... but more often than not, a Wade Lebron punch will have more gas than just kobe. Sorry but Lakers will more often than not lose to a Lebron / Wade front court... if in Miami. Anywhere else it depends on what can be put around them.]

1st of all Kobe is 31,
2nd of all Ron Artest would lock down defend Lebron James, D-Wade would be guarded by Kobe Bryant, and the lakers still have a way better post and back court to demolish them on the inside

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Kobe will be 31 in the finals in 2010?? Don't think so. Stop looking to correct and actually process what you read.

Ron Artest can't lock down anymore. He doesn't have the quickness. Maybe he keeps Lebron at average or less, and maybe Wade puts up his average numbers as well, same with Beasley.

Between those three that's 70 points and good defense (Wade-Lebron are great Beasley is below average).

Purely production wise Wade>Kobe and Lebron>>>>>Artest. Beasley will produce with Pau. Then what? Fisher? Can't play D and isn't anything special on offense. Bynum? He's ok, but he's not enough to overcome the huge difference between the top 3's.

tland22
08-25-2009, 01:10 AM
If I had to pick between two top 5 players to put on a team it'd be CP and Dwight because i dont think there are enough possessions in the game for lebron and wade to be superstar efficient

YES! Everyone neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to pay attention to this.... now, this is a duo. Winning title after title. Great point!:clap:

Lakergirl24
08-25-2009, 01:12 AM
The options make no sense cause they arent the top 2 players in the league right now....However, I do think they can win a championship if they have some decent role players around them.

jj24
08-25-2009, 04:42 AM

hahahaha ohh nooo i'm a RECRUIT!!! Yup, darn right i'm a recruit on here. That's because I have a life unlike you, who has 1 post for every 3 posts in this thread. You take pride in your status on there because you have nothing better to do.

Btw, I'm majoring in sports journalism at the university of tennessee so, yeah... you might wanna check that knowledge quote there junior.... Not that I care about who knows more than who about sports because it doesn't matter. But since you brought that up, it's okay for me to tell you that my knowledge is far superior than yours because, well... it just FLAT OUT is.

Anyways, back to kobe.

Look at your username.

Look at your sig.

Look at your picture.

Enough said.

You lost.

I won.

Hurts doesnt it

xxxplicit69
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM

BUT, in fairness to Lebron and Wade's skill level. I dont think the league has ever had a combination of talent like these two that collaborated to pursue an NBA Title...still...

The thought of having two dominant scorers who needs the ball in their hands to be effective does'nt sound promising. One way or another, one of them has to bow down, and I dont see Wade doing this because he has a ring and an NBA Finals MVP under his resume, at the same time Lebron, being the best player that he is (and undeniably a bigger ego than Wade) would not accept a second fiddle role. not to mention that with the amount of Cap Space these two would eat, adding quality players would be hard, unless they are playing for a team with a salary cap set at over 80 Mil.

in 2019 they would probably be retired:rolleyes: but obviously you ment 2010and in that case yes those two would dominate and definately win rings. wade and james would be as dominate as jordan and pippen, and both similar duo's in the fact that they are superior atheletes, can D up, and attack the basket.

KB---24
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Kobe will be 31 in the finals in 2010?? Don't think so. Stop looking to correct and actually process what you read.

Ron Artest can't lock down anymore. He doesn't have the quickness. Maybe he keeps Lebron at average or less, and maybe Wade puts up his average numbers as well, same with Beasley.

Between those three that's 70 points and good defense (Wade-Lebron are great Beasley is below average).

Purely production wise Wade>Kobe and Lebron>>>>>Artest. Beasley will produce with Pau. Then what? Fisher? Can't play D and isn't anything special on offense. Bynum? He's ok, but he's not enough to overcome the huge difference between the top 3's.:facepalm:

Well your saying as if the lakers wont try, you can ask everyone that the lakers will give it there best and stop at nothing to win the championship.

straight out this is how it goes-
Kobe>Wade
Kobe>Lebron

and beasley he is ****. he was nothing during the playoffs along with his team and if you think that having lebron will motivate the team to try it WILL not.

Its more like Lebron and Wade against Kobe,Pau,Artest,Odom,Bynum, and the entire lakers roster.:clap: WE WIN!!

Fool
08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
in 2019?

b_rad23
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
:facepalm:

Well your saying as if the lakers wont try, you can ask everyone that the lakers will give it there best and stop at nothing to win the championship.

Kobe>Wade
Kobe>Lebron

and beasley he is ****. he was nothing during the playoffs along with his team and if you think that having lebron will motivate the team to try it WILL not.

Its more like Lebron and Wade against Kobe,Pau,Artest,Odom,Bynum, and the entire lakers roster.:clap: WE WIN!!

If you're including Odom you have to include Beasley. Beasley had a higher PER as a rookie than Odom did last year. By your logic Odom and Bynum shouldn't be listed because Odom was **** in the playoffs before last year and Bynum was less than nothing in the playoffs this year...

And who's "and the entire lakers roster"? the collection of scrubs you call a bench? Adam Morrison? Jordan Farmar? Sasha Vujacic? DJ Mbenga? Josh Powell? Nice roster.

Either way, dumb argument. You don't have the two best players in the NBA, another top young scorer, Mario Chalmers, Daequan Cook, 2 1st rounders and 10 extra million to spend and not have a championship team...sorry.

KB---24
08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
If you're including Odom you have to include Beasley. Beasley had a higher PER as a rookie than Odom did last year. By your logic Odom and Bynum shouldn't be listed because Odom was **** in the playoffs before last year and Bynum was less than nothing in the playoffs this year...

And who's "and the entire lakers roster"? the collection of scrubs you call a bench? Adam Morrison? Jordan Farmar? Sasha Vujacic? DJ Mbenga? Josh Powell? Nice roster.

Either way, dumb argument. You don't have the two best players in the NBA, another top young scorer, Mario Chalmers, Daequan Cook, 2 1st rounders and 10 extra million to spend and not have a championship team...sorry.

:facepalm::badidea:
whoa! whoa! whoa!
calm down!
your taking it as if the miami are really going to win the championship:jumpy:
the lakers have the best bench.
Lamar Odom is what?? your just mad cuz you guys didnt get this hell of a good, Versatile player.
Bynum is still a better post presence inside the beasley and his depression problems, Nothing you can say about Pau really cuz he will be dominating the paint along with Odom and Bynum,:clap::cheers:

NYtilIdie
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Rasheed Wallace and Eddie House>Laker's bench

_KB24_
08-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Purely production wise Wade>Kobe and Lebron>>>>>Artest. Beasley will produce with Pau. Then what? Fisher? Can't play D and isn't anything special on offense. Bynum? He's ok, but he's not enough to overcome the huge difference between the top 3's.

Ok, stop. Are you serious? Beasley being compared with Pau? Thats ridiculous. Pau is a Top 3 PF in the Game today, Beasley will be lucky to even play in the upcoming season with all the stupid **** hes been doing. Are you forgetting about Lamar and Bynum? Our post players will completely destroy you guys. Our Bench would still be better than yours. Go ahead and dream of adding Lebron, we'd still beat you guys.

_KB24_
08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
hahahaha ohh nooo i'm a RECRUIT!!! Yup, darn right i'm a recruit on here. That's because I have a life unlike you, who has 1 post for every 3 posts in this thread. You take pride in your status on there because you have nothing better to do.

Btw, I'm majoring in sports journalism at the university of tennessee so, yeah... you might wanna check that knowledge quote there junior.... Not that I care about who knows more than who about sports because it doesn't matter. But since you brought that up, it's okay for me to tell you that my knowledge is far superior than yours because, well... it just FLAT OUT is.

Anyways, back to kobe.

Look at your username.

Look at your sig.

Look at your picture.

Enough said.

You lost.

I won.

Hurts doesnt it

Your real mature for a guy "majoring in sports journalism at the university of tennessee". Your the one who decided to "VOLUNTEER" to be a d-bag and make that 8 year old comment and I just responded. People here on PSD take pride supporting their teams and players, and I'm a die-hard Lakers fan who just happened to grow and watch 2000s Lakers which have been led by Kobe for the latter part of the decade. Is their a problem with that? Do you have something against the Lakers or Kobe which caused you to jump from your chair ad respond to my post? It just hurts me to see that another bias, rude person is going into the sporting journalism field, where you will continue to write your kiddy knowledge on sports..."it just FLAT OUT is."

So there you go, let me quote you once again...

"You lost.

I won.

Hurts doesnt it"

dwade03bmp
08-25-2009, 07:22 PM
lebron couldnt win a title with jesus christ on his team.

rypitt98
08-25-2009, 07:36 PM

People that contend that Kobe has only won with superstar teammates show their stupidity. Tell me how many rings Jordan had without Pippen. How many rings did Bird have without McHale? How many rings did Duncan win without either Robinson, Manu, or Parker? I think you get the point. There is no player or Team that wins without a combination of stars to some degree. Statements like yours about Kobe not winning without superstar teammates just shows your bias against him. Kobe has been & remains the best player in the league since 2002.

There is no doubt that LeBron is a great player. However, the best player in the league does NOT miss 5 ft's in the 4th quarter - especially in the playoffs. The best player in the league does NOT walk off the court the way LeBron did after losing a series. None of those guys want to lose, so his comment that he's not a bad sport is BS. He not only disrespected the Magic...he disrespected the game & all of the great players that came before him. I'm sure you are too young to know what the game was like back in the 80's. The only team (which did it in 1991) that showed such poor class was the pistons. LeBron now sits in the same low level class as that team with his stunt.

Also, it's always funny to hear what a crappy team LeBron had around him now that he remains ringless. It was the cavs that finished with the best record, so they must have been better than you think. I can't wait to hear the excuses for him next season WHEN the Lakers beat the Celtics in the finals & LeBron is making his plans to move his game to New York.

Top 4 players in order......#1-Kobe, #2-DWade, #3-CP3 & #4-LeBron (being the most athletic/freakish player does not make him the best)

mlisica19
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
yes... say if u got rid of Mo WIlliams and put in Dwayne.. they would own...

and take out shaq (all for cap reasonings)...

Basically all the need is a SOLID, not great, big guy and theyll make a dynasty. u have two young guys who play against each other and for one another year in and year out. The two of the 3 best players in the world. In the NBA they would own... Its hard to stop Lebron, now u jus added a 2nd unstoppable scorer. two unstoppable scorers on the same team they would win year in and year out

MiamiLoyal926
08-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok, stop. Are you serious? Beasley being compared with Pau? Thats ridiculous. Pau is a Top 3 PF in the Game today, Beasley will be lucky to even play in the upcoming season with all the stupid **** hes been doing. Are you forgetting about Lamar and Bynum? Our post players will completely destroy you guys. Our Bench would still be better than yours. Go ahead and dream of adding Lebron, we'd still beat you guys.

And the award for massive homer goes to............ KB24!!!!

Stop thinking of the squad as it stands today..... Miami will have a total make over by next years start...... kobe would be two years older by years end....... and if a wade and lebron duo forms... sorry i don't think yor squad can stop them as long as they have any decent bench. Slap wade on the cleveland roster and lakers are done. Only way is if one of them develops troublesome injuries. Lakers are strong... but I don't think they have the youth to compete with what a team like Miami can have in 2010(if lebron came here).

_KB24_
08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
And the award for massive homer goes to............ KB24!!!!

Stop thinking of the squad as it stands today..... Miami will have a total make over by next years start...... kobe would be two years older by years end....... and if a wade and lebron duo forms... sorry i don't think yor squad can stop them as long as they have any decent bench. Slap wade on the cleveland roster and lakers are done. Only way is if one of them develops troublesome injuries. Lakers are strong... but I don't think they have the youth to compete with what a team like Miami can have in 2010(if lebron came here).

Thanks bud, for the award. And your not acting like a homer? All your points are on hypothetical options, mine are on facts. You can't just slap anyone on any team, if you didn't know. You use "ifs" and "cans", but I'll tell you for a FACT that there are a lot of teams that can have a good 2010. I'm thinking of he squad today because we don't live in the past or the present, we live now and the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and someone will have to take that crown away from them, and you can dream all you want that your "youthful" Heat of 2010 can beat them.

HiphopRelated
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
:facepalm:

Kobe>Wade
Kobe>Lebron

What did Kobe do in his 1ST playoffs??

his 1st 2 years 8/1/1 40% fg

Beasley's gonna be an allstar

bigsams50
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
People that contend that Kobe has only won with superstar teammates show their stupidity. Tell me how many rings Jordan had without Pippen. How many rings did Bird have without McHale? How many rings did Duncan win without either Robinson, Manu, or Parker? I think you get the point. There is no player or Team that wins without a combination of stars to some degree. Statements like yours about Kobe not winning without superstar teammates just shows your bias against him. Kobe has been & remains the best player in the league since 2002.

There is no doubt that LeBron is a great player. However, the best player in the league does NOT miss 5 ft's in the 4th quarter - especially in the playoffs. The best player in the league does NOT walk off the court the way LeBron did after losing a series. None of those guys want to lose, so his comment that he's not a bad sport is BS. He not only disrespected the Magic...he disrespected the game & all of the great players that came before him. I'm sure you are too young to know what the game was like back in the 80's. The only team (which did it in 1991) that showed such poor class was the pistons. LeBron now sits in the same low level class as that team with his stunt.

Also, it's always funny to hear what a crappy team LeBron had around him now that he remains ringless. It was the cavs that finished with the best record, so they must have been better than you think. I can't wait to hear the excuses for him next season WHEN the Lakers beat the Celtics in the finals & LeBron is making his plans to move his game to New York.

Top 4 players in order......#1-Kobe, #2-DWade, #3-CP3 & #4-LeBron (being the most athletic/freakish player does not make him the best)

Dont bring the celtics into this, you dont want to. secondly, lebron hasnt had a superstar play with him, and he is only 24 years old, jesus get off his dick

MiamiLoyal926
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks bud, for the award. And your not acting like a homer? All your points are on hypothetical options, mine are on facts. You can't just slap anyone on any team, if you didn't know. You use "ifs" and "cans", but I'll tell you for a FACT that there are a lot of teams that can have a good 2010. I'm thinking of he squad today because we don't live in the past or the present, we live now and the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and someone will have to take that crown away from them, and you can dream all you want that your "youthful" Heat of 2010 can beat them.

If you had taken a moment to read my posts completely and grasp the information being offered, you would have realized that 1) I admitted to being a bit homer in my comments and 2) That IF Wade and Lebron were to play together in Miami, your Lakers wouldn’t be the best squad in the league. Actually isn’t that the topic of this thread? IF wade and lebron were to play together? I’m sticking to the topic of the thread… and the thread is hypothetical. Present your facts all you want…. But we are talking about hypothetical situations of the FUTURE and not present. Yes your Lakers are dominant in the NBA this year but I wouldn’t call it undoubtedly unarguably the best team in the NBA. Lets not forget an injured filled Celtics team of last year who is healthier and better this year. Oh and they beat you two years ago in the finals.

BTW I am realistic... and IF wade was to resign and IF Lebron was to come to Miami, Miami would be the better Team of the two. I can step back and say the truth like I have in all my comments. I have admitted plenty of times that the Lakers are strong and favorable in the present. But if this were to happen, truth be told, Miami would be the better squad. Just admit it and hide your Homer award for a couple seconds. I never said it’s a clear cut difference, but none the less tipped towards Miami’s favor.

Actually, as I mentioned before, IF Wade was to go to Cleveland (my homer status put away) Lakers would still be second in power rankings.

I don’t just dream and state my dreams. I stick to the topic, analyze the situation, and respond as realistic and unbiased as possible. Remember we are talking about IF’s!!!