PDA

View Full Version : Worst 3 Contracts of the Offseason?

secterm
08-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Anderson Varejao-5yr/40 mill
Chris Anderson 5yr-26 mill
Ben Gordon- 5yr-55mill

UofA
08-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't think Chris Anderson was THAT bad

Raptor-54
08-22-2009, 06:43 PM
i think iverson is going to have the one of the worst contracts

Vinny642
08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Birdman's is alright a little overpaid but Gordon and especially Varejao were overpaid.

secterm
08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
I think Iverson will go to Charlotte on something like a 2yr 8 mill contract, or something there abouts. And while I don't think he'll help them to being elite, he will score a but load of points, put a good numbers, and earn his paycheck for doing what everybody expects him to do...score.

Chris Anderson's contract isn't as bad as Varejao's, but that isn't saying much.

Nets fan 93
08-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Verajao's is terrrible

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Gordons is not that bad he deserves it

I dotn think Hedo deserves 5yr/50mil

Raps18-19 Champ
08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I dunno.

Hustla23
08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Definitely Varejao.

And Chris Anderson is unbelievably overpaid with his contract.

Since when does a player whose only NBA valuable trait is shotblocking make 5 million dollars a year? :confused:

blah-blah
08-22-2009, 07:05 PM
how bout gortat

secterm
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM

I'd prefer Hedo over Gordon, I think he helps a team win more than Gordon. And he is getting less.

But realistically Gorden should've gotten 5yr/42mill and Hedo should've been at 5yr/45mill.

Both guys are overpaid.

secterm
08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
how bout gortat

When a player has teams fighting over him like Hedo with Portland/Toronto and Gortat with Orlando/Dallas, it's hard to call them overpaid as easy as when you see a team pay insane for a guy that we all know wouldn't have gotten an offer even close from another team...Varejao.

Diggy_2
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Ben Gordon was over paid and its gonna be the same problem that rip and allen iverson had

Jlex1331
08-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't believe gordan's contract, 11 million a year for someone who comes off your bench and is an inconsistent player, at least hedo turkoglu will give you good performances most nights

soundjunkies2
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Anderson Varejao easily.

Jamiecballer
08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
i can't remember all the deals that were made off the top of my head but I think the Raps will be regretting the Turk deal in a few years. too many years for a guy who isn't exactly a great athlete right now but who's game still depends heavily on the dribble drive.... i don't know. that's my choice and i'm sticking to it.

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
i can't remember all the deals that were made off the top of my head but I think the Raps will be regretting the Turk deal in a few years. too many years for a guy who isn't exactly a great athlete right now but who's game still depends heavily on the dribble drive.... i don't know. that's my choice and i'm sticking to it.

agreed he was only good with a dominant post player

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Ben Gordon was over paid and its gonna be the same problem that rip and allen iverson had

No it wont be the same problem because Gordon doesnt care that he is coming off the bench. AI couldnt grasp the fact that he is just not a starter anymore and tore the team apart because of it.

I can't believe gordan's contract, 11 million a year for someone who comes off your bench and is an inconsistent player, at least hedo turkoglu will give you good performances most nights

inconsistent? His averages for his career are pretty consistant
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ben_gordon/career_stats.html

as apposed to Hedo who wasnt good until he got to Orlando
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hidayet_turkoglu/career_stats.html

not to mention Ben Gordon is younger and playing with some1 he is familiar with in C-Vill (they won a title at U-Conn) together

Mile High Champ
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Two guys come to mind. Gordon and Gortat. Both got way too much money from Detroit and Dallas (offered the contract).. Both will not live up to their new contract.

Teeboy1487
08-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Varejao and Turkoglu by far.

Spurred1
08-22-2009, 08:45 PM
All three are overpaid, but Gordon and AV's are the worst out of those choices. Gordon is the epitome of a streaky shooter-love to have him on one of my teams but not at that price.

Shady66
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Turks contract was worse than Gordons, gordon will atleest be good for the years that he has on his contract, turk has 1 - 2 more good years until he starts going south.

but obviously AV contract is the worst.

mitch91
08-22-2009, 09:15 PM
wtf!! seriously what were the cavs thinking! AV's contract is soooooo bad! i really really think it is one of the worst in recent years....up there with isiah's contracts he shelved out!

10mil a year
over the same period of time ron artest will be making half of that! as will ariza! crazy but hey its the nba. i would understand maybe the cavs giving av that kind of contract had they won it all, as they would have been keeping a winner in tact but where any other teams interested...well im sure they were but did anybody read or hear anything about av possibly getting signed by another team?

samus
08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Birdman wasnt really such a bad deal

I laughed at the Varejo deal, and gortat is well, iverson will still get a dud deal

johodo2
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM

Gordan deserves it and HEDO doesn't??

I'd choose Hedo over Gordan anyday

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Gordan deserves it and HEDO doesn't??

I'd choose Hedo over Gordan anyday

why? what has Hedo done WITHOUT Dwight Howard NOTHING everyone is jumping on Hedos **** because he had a good year last season... but in the years without Dwight he only averaged over 10points in 1 season http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hidayet_turkoglu/career_stats.html and he barely accomplished that...

not to mention hedo has past his peak while BG is just arriving, but what ever its your opinion good luck with that

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
easy on ben "jordan" bruh.. Hedo contract was bad.. and.. Chris Varejao was worst.. Joe Johnson will get over paid 2..

johodo2
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
why? what has Hedo done WITHOUT Dwight Howard NOTHING everyone is jumping on Hedos **** because he had a good year last season... but in the years without Dwight he only averaged over 10points in 1 season http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hidayet_turkoglu/career_stats.html and he barely accomplished that...

not to mention hedo has past his peak while BG is just arriving, but what ever its your opinion good luck with that

He will be playing with Chris Bosh (tho really can't compare Chris and Dwight) Bosh is an allstar PF he draws a few double teams here and there and plus he will be able to play the pick and roll with Bargs... and i think this year and next will be his "peak" years, but thats just my opinion

we'll just have to see how it all works out

and i think D LEE would of been a better fit in Detroit then Gordan but again just my opinion

DCSportsIsPain
08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Kobe's extension is by far the worst contract.

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
He will be playing with Chris Bosh (tho really can't compare Chris and Dwight) Bosh is an allstar PF he draws a few double teams here and there and plus he will be able to play the pick and roll with Bargs... and i think this year and next will be his "peak" years, but thats just my opinion

we'll just have to see how it all works out

and i think D LEE would of been a better fit in Detroit then Gordan but again just my opinion

Ya i would have loved to see D Lee in Detroit but i think Gordon is gonna have an allstar season this year him and CV will work so good together and hopefully we can unload Rip for a Big (looks less likely every day)

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Areanas is looking like the worst extention lol hopefully the dude can stay healthy and make it worth the 111mil Washington gave him

chicagocubsfan
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Gordon, he deserves 9 mil A year most

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Gordon, he deserves 9 mil A year most

ok... well see

secterm
08-22-2009, 10:20 PM
If given starting minutes (not in Orlando), Gortat could be worth decent money. Orlando will trade him for sure.

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 10:26 PM

Everyone who plays with Dwight Howard is going benefit from his presence in the post to some extent, but Hedo's game is his own. He is a point forward who can do a lot of good things with the ball in his hands. Dwight didn't make him that. Just because the best years of his career came in Orlando doesn't mean that it was because of Dwight Howard. He played well with Sacramento several years before Howard was even drafted, but he could never get the playing time there with Peja Stojakovic in his prime.

Hedo and Gordon were both overpaid though. Hedo because he is 30 and the contract was for 5 years and Gordon because he's a streaky, me-first, one dimensional player.

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Two guys come to mind. Gordon and Gortat. Both got way too much money from Detroit and Dallas (offered the contract).. Both will not live up to their new contract.

Gortat probably wont get the minutes to live up 2 his contract... Ben "Jordan" is going 2 be a great addition 2 the Almighty Pistons, he's goin 2 be in the running for 6th man of the year.. for the next 5 yrs bruh..

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
All three are overpaid, but Gordon and AV's are the worst out of those choices. Gordon is the epitome of a streaky shooter-love to have him on one of my teams but not at that price.

hows Ben "Jordan" the worst contract?? he was the whole reason they took the Bum *** C's to 7 games.. plus he's the reason the Bulls even made the playoffs bruh..

MackSnackWrap
08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd prefer Hedo over Gordon, I think he helps a team win more than Gordon. And he is getting less.

But realistically Gorden should've gotten 5yr/42mill and Hedo should've been at 5yr/45mill.

Both guys are overpaid.

Ye i definiterly agree with this both are overpaid

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think Chris Anderson was THAT bad

LOL.. seriously bruh.. it was a bad contract..

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
hows Ben "Jordan" the worst contract?? he was the whole reason they took the Bum *** C's to 7 games.. plus he's the reason the Bulls even made the playoffs bruh..

Derrick Rose and the trade that brought in John Salmons and Brad Miller were the reasons the Bulls got to and performed well in the playoffs.

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I think Iverson will go to Charlotte on something like a 2yr 8 mill contract, or something there abouts. And while I don't think he'll help them to being elite, he will score a but load of points, put a good numbers, and earn his paycheck for doing what everybody expects him to do...score.

Chris Anderson's contract isn't as bad as Varejao's, but that isn't saying much.

Iverson will most likely sign a 1 yr deal where ever he lands.. but.. the money that he will make in the 1 yr wouldn't add up 2 the money that the Bobcats a make off him... trust me Iverson still has a bigg fan base.. aske Joe Dumars bruh.. lol..

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Derrick Rose and the trade that brought in John Salmons and Brad Miller were the reasons the Bulls got to and performed well in the playoffs.

LOL.. i begg 2 differ bruh.. we'll c next year how much influence Ben "Jordan" had on the Bulls when they struggle this year..

D-Leethal
08-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Gordon, Turkoglu, Anderson.

chicagocubsfan
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
^ Wow that is some great grammar, bruh.

vash9
08-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Verejao. That much money for so little talent.

Catfish1314
LOL.. i begg 2 differ bruh.. we'll c next year how much influence Ben "Jordan" had on the Bulls when they struggle this year..

I'll let some other Bulls fan roast you for that one.

Courtesy of effen5:

Game 1) Win
Derrick Rose 36 points, 11 ast, 4 rebs.
Ben Gordon 20 points, 5 ast, 3 rebs

Game 2) Loss
Derrick Rose 10 pts, 2 blks, 7ast, 6 reb.
Ben Gordon 42 points, 1 ast, 1stl, 0ast!!!!!!!

Game 3) everyone played horribly

Game 4) Win
Derrick Rose 23pts, 9 ast, 10 reb
Ben Gordon 22pts, 6 reb, 1ast

Game 5) Loss
Derrick Rose 14 pts, 3stl, 6ast, 8 reb
Ben Gordon 26pts, 1 blk, 6ast, 3reb

Game 6) Win
John Salmons 35pts, 4ast, 6reb
Derrick Rose 28pts, 1blk, 7 ast, 8 reb
Ben Gordon 12pts, 4 ast, 2 reb

Game 7) Loss
Derrick Rose 18pts, 4reb, 3ast
Ben Gordon 33pts, 4reb, 3 ast

As you can see, the Bulls lived and died by Derrick Rose last season, not Ben Gordon. After doing some research, the regular season numbers in relation to that weren't very dissimilar.

That's not to say Ben Gordon was at fault for those losses, but when we won in the playoffs and the regular season, he was rarely the main reason why.

samus
well rashard lewis was a bad deal i still believe,

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2009, 10:57 PM
1) Varejo
2) Gortat
3) BG7

Raps18-19 Champ
08-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Gortat and Varajao were overpaid IMO.

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 11:17 PM

Courtesy of effen5:

As you can see, the Bulls lived and died by Derrick Rose last season, not Ben Gordon. After doing some research, the regular season numbers in relation to that weren't very dissimilar.

That's not to say Ben Gordon was at fault for those losses, but when we won in the playoffs and the regular season, he was rarely the main reason why.

LOL... u just proved my point bruh.. all i gotta say is game 1.. 2.. 4.. 5.. 7.. Ben "Jordan" showed his ***.. especially game 2- 42 points kind of hard 2 do on the C's regardless if he had no assist (some of his team mates struggle making open shots).. and when it came down 2, game 7.. do or die he Ben "Jordan" lead the team with 33 points!! without Ben spreading the court there's no way Rose is effective bruh.. trust me..

Draco
08-22-2009, 11:21 PM

You do know that BG7 is 6'1" right?

itsripcity32
08-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Both guys are overpaid.

LOL. fyi bulls offered 5 years 50 mill and a 6 year contract

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 11:24 PM
LOL... u just proved my point bruh.. all i gotta say is game 1.. 2.. 4.. 5.. 7.. Ben "Jordan" showed his ***.. especially game 2- 42 points kind of hard 2 do on the C's regardless if he had no assist (some of his team mates struggle making open shots).. and when it came down 2, game 7.. do or die he Ben "Jordan" lead the team with 33 points!! without Ben spreading the court there's no way Rose is effective bruh.. trust me..

He had no assists because he passes as a last resort. That and he's really not a good passer.

I won't bother responding to anything else but it's clear you didn't even bother to read my post. Gordon put up some great numbers in those games, but we lost all of them. When Rose played well, we won. Like I said, the Bulls live and die by Derrick Rose not Ben Gordon.

itsripcity32
08-22-2009, 11:26 PM
He had no assists because he passes as a last resort. That and he's really not a good passer.

I won't bother responding to anything else but it's clear you didn't even bother to read my post. Gordon put up some great numbers in those games, but we lost all of them. When Rose played well, we won. Like I said, the Bulls live and die by Derrick Rose not Ben Gordon.

passing as a last resort for a sg makes perfect sense.

Draco
08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
LOL. fyi bulls offered 5 years 50 mill and a 6 year contract

They did. And then the Bulls changed their mind.

itsripcity32
08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
They did. And then the Bulls changed their mind.

cause they got rejected more than once. lmfao

Draco
08-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Actually I think BG7 is an underrated passer.

Catfish1314
passing as a last resort for a sg makes perfect sense.

Passing as a last resort for any player at any position would make no sense. Passing is ball movement. And ball movement is how basketball works.

Draco
cause they got rejected more than once. lmfao

Probably because they drafted Rose and decided to go in a different direction with how to manage their salary. They never made BG7 an offer this offseason.

It's weird.. because I'm not even arguing against how much money BG7 is worth. He's a proven scorer who's durable and he might be worth more to a different team.

itsripcity32
08-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Probably because they drafted Rose and decided to go in a different direction with how to manage their salary. They never made BG7 an offer this offseason.

they offered him the money b4 they got lucky in the draft. they didnt make an offer cause they didnt want to get turned down again. :(

and if they were going to, they never stood a chance. cause bg left them on the first day of trade talks :(

DCSportsIsPain
08-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Areanas is looking like the worst extention lol hopefully the dude can stay healthy and make it worth the 111mil Washington gave him

Arenas wasn't this offseason.

Kobe was this offseason AND it was the worst contract.

Why?

Because the Lakers paid him a **** load more than they would have had to pay him next season when the BRI and the salary cap go down. That's money they could have used to sign other talent. Kobe isn't going anywhere. They didn't have to overpay him this offseason to get him to stay.

itsripcity32
08-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Passing as a last resort for any player at any position would make no sense. Passing is ball movement. And ball movement is how basketball works.

:facepalm: i guess pgs arent playmakers and the centers can be. good thing theirs kwame to make plays for the team

fyi gordon racks up just as many assists as other sgs. and if ur gonna compare his assist to kobe and wade, that is just laughable cause they practically play like the pg for their teams

Draco
08-22-2009, 11:41 PM
they offered him the money b4 they got lucky in the draft. they didnt make an offer cause they didnt want to get turned down again. :(

and if they were going to, they never stood a chance. cause bg left them on the first day of trade talks :(

Depends on whether you believe Reinsdorf or not.

What did you think of how the Ben Gordon situation turned out?

Actually, we made a decision a year ago not to commit long term to Ben. We tried. And he turned it down. But then near the end, John and Gar decided it probably wasn't a good idea to make a long-term decision and to see what other options might develop over the season. So we withdrew the offer we had on the table. Ben ultimately came in and said he would take it. But it was too late. Now, fast-forward to the end of the year. We have [John] Salmons and a hell of a three-guard rotation with Salmons, [ Kirk] Hinrich and Derrick [Rose]. Ben wasn't going to get a whole lot of playing time. His time was going to be diminished. And now we've added [Jannero] Pargo for the limited time the fourth guard will get. Ben just no longer fit. He's a terrific player. But he needs minutes. And he wouldn't have been happy with the minutes he was going to get here.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387378

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 11:49 PM
:facepalm: i guess pgs arent playmakers and the centers can be. good thing theirs kwame to make plays for the team

Ok if Emeka Okafor is posting up Speedy Claxton, obviously you don't want him to pass. But if there's no scoring opportunity there and you have Kyle Korver on one wing and Ray Allen on the other, of course you're going to pass. Ball movement breaks down defenses and creates all kinds of offensive opportunities.

Centers can be playmakers. So can power forwards. Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Brad Miller, Andrew Bogut, and Vlade Divac and Chris Webber from the pool of retired players could all be facilitators/playmakers.

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 11:52 PM
LOL... I see ya'll got jokes..

dhalvarez
08-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Not sure about Hedo's contract, but that was pretty much his going rate this summer as the biggest free agent!

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!

2_Trill
08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
You do know that BG7 is 6'1" right?

Lol.. Ben "Jordan" might be 6'1 bruh.. but.. his game is 7 foot the way he scores so easily..

wit Ben "Jordan" spreading the court and "Stuck" attacking The Pistons will mos definitley get all there money worth.. trust me

Draco
08-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Lol.. Ben "Jordan" might be 6'1 bruh.. but.. his game is 7 foot the way he scores so easily..

wit Ben "Jordan" spreading the court and "Stuck" attacking The Pistons will mos definitley get all there money worth.. trust me

Good for the Pistons. I like BG7 although I don't see the Jordan comparison. I'm not arguing that he doesn't deserve $11 mil per year as a Piston. I'm also not arguing that Reinsdorf's statement about not committing to BG7 didn't make sense for the Bull's.

Catfish1314
08-23-2009, 12:05 AM

When you say Ben "Jordan" you couldn't possibly referring to Michael Jordan could you? Ben Gordon is an elite NBA scorer, but he'll never be even one twentieth of what MJ was.

secterm
08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
1)Varejao
2)Ben Gordon
3)Chris Anderson
4)Marcin Gortat
5)Andrea Bargnani
6)Hedo Turk

Kobe may be bad for different reasons than the rest of these guys. It's been suggested that Kobe would have been cheaper had the Lakers waited till next season and that may or may not have been the case. But there is no disputing that aside from the rest of the guys mentioned, Kobe NBA value is worth every cent. Year after year the guy is an MVP candidate, so he's definitely worth max money. Perhaps the Lakers didn't want to disrespect Kobe by trying to hold off and give him less next year. Besides, they are always in the tax anyways and they probably wont touch under the salary cap in years and years.

Could the Lakers have gotten Kobe cheaper, possibly...but could that have also backfired, possibly...when your talking Kobe, it's not worth messing around.

ctitus45
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Varejo
Gortat
Hedo
Bargnani
Millsap

aZekuiS
08-23-2009, 12:39 AM

Orly?

Tukorlu stats = 16.8 PPG, 41 FG%, 35% from 3, 80% FT, 5 RBD, 5 Ast.

Gordon stats = 20.6 PPG, 45 FG%, 41% from 3, 86% FT, 3.5 RBD, 3.5 Ast.

Neither play much D. I'de take Gordon all day.

evadatam5150
08-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Anderson Varejao-5yr/40 mill
Chris Anderson 5yr-26 mill
Ben Gordon- 5yr-55mill

Anderson Varejao-5yr/40 mill = Absolutely Obscene...!!! Wow.. Good luck unloading that contract when you absolutely have to.. :clap:

GSPftw
08-23-2009, 01:16 AM

Courtesy of effen5:

No arguing with that.
OWNED, bruh

Draco
08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Weird.. I disagree, I think BG7 was the Bulls best player last season. I'm not busting out any stats but I remember BG7 keeping the Bulls in numerous games. We also didn't have Deng or Kirk for much of the season so really needed BG7 to be as good as he was.

RollinDeep
08-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Ben Gordon wasn't compared to MICAHEL Jordan was he? Noooo, no way. couldn't be.

I must be seeing things.

Ethix11
08-23-2009, 01:44 AM
You can thank Mr. Varejao for single handedly running Lebron James out of Cleveland next season. How can you put good talent on a team thats paying a role player so much money you cant even breathe? I hope its worth it when they win the Championship next season. But hopefully they dont.

lakersrnumber1
08-23-2009, 02:03 AM

Why?

Because the Lakers paid him a **** load more than they would have had to pay him next season when the BRI and the salary cap go down. That's money they could have used to sign other talent. Kobe isn't going anywhere. They didn't have to overpay him this offseason to get him to stay.

Dude do u even watch basketball or u jus a kobe hater. Kobe's is the best player in the league and deserves 2 be the most paid player in the game.4 championship rings and o yea how much money does he make for the organiaztions. 70% of laker fans are laker fans because kobe is on the team. His jersey is allways number 1 hes the most popular player in the nba right now jus ask anyone from china hes bigger then yao over there. How much time did he make all first team offensive and deffensive team. Hes been in every allstar game as a starter since he came in the league( rookie year he was a starter even when he wasnt even a starter for the lakers).. lakers dont need no more talent around them were fine with kobe gasol and ron ron. Kobe deserves every single penny he makes he dont take days off plays hurt and is in the gym b4 any other player. hes commited and hes loyal to the lakers organization.
the 3 worst signing of the offseason is varejao, bargani fo 50 mil he hasnt done anything yet and wafers over sea deal

chicago lulz
08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
What the **** is a bruh?

blah-blah
08-23-2009, 02:44 AM
gortat.

secterm
08-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Orly?

Tukorlu stats = 16.8 PPG, 41 FG%, 35% from 3, 80% FT, 5 RBD, 5 Ast.

Gordon stats = 20.6 PPG, 45 FG%, 41% from 3, 86% FT, 3.5 RBD, 3.5 Ast.

Neither play much D. I'de take Gordon all day.

some people try to adjust the stats toward their argument...:no::no::no:

Turkorlu stats = 16.8 PPG, 41 FG%, 35% from 3, 80% FT, 5.3 RBD, 5 Ast.

Gordon stats = 20.6 PPG, 45 FG%, 41% from 3, 86% FT, 3.4 RBD, 3.5 Ast.

I'll take those two extra rebounds and 1.5 extra assists over the 3.8 extra points. Also, while neither guy is a good defender, Hedo is a better defender than Gorden.

Overall both guys should have been paid in the 42-45 mill range over 5yrs.

jakesmail123
08-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Varejao's=********

heatbb
08-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Varejao's was really bit too much, lol. Gordon's and Hedo's deals should've been somewhere near the 40mln mark, not 50 or 55.

btw I'd rather take Birdman with his contract instead of Varejao.

Wizard of O's
08-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Ron Artest this dude is crazy and old and going to LA for five years, LA!

1. Varejao
2. Gordon
3. Artest

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Anderson Varejao-5yr/40 mill = Absolutely Obscene...!!! Wow.. Good luck unloading that contract when you absolutely have to.. :clap:

he's gonna play a starter role after this year...

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Ron Artest this dude is crazy and old and going to LA for five years, LA!

1. Varejao
2. Gordon
3. Artest

what?! Artest signing was great... he is worth more than 6 mln.... and LA got him only for them...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2009, 06:07 AM

Hedo is inconsistent also, he has had shitload of games games when he shoots like 1-11 or 3-14

but heres my list

1.Varejao
2.Andersen
3.Turkoglu

secterm
08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
It seems there is a consensus about one thing for sure. Varejao is the worst contract this offseason. If I was a Cavs fan, I would be fuming.

2_Trill
08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
When you say Ben "Jordan" you couldn't possibly referring to Michael Jordan could you? Ben Gordon is an elite NBA scorer, but he'll never be even one twentieth of what MJ was.

Eaze on Ben bruh..

DetroitRipCity
08-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Why?

I was just kidding bro

2_Trill
08-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Weird.. I disagree, I think BG7 was the Bulls best player last season. I'm not busting out any stats but I remember BG7 keeping the Bulls in numerous games. We also didn't have Deng or Kirk for much of the season so really needed BG7 to be as good as he was.

Ben "Jordan" really was the best player on the Bulls last year... when they struggle this year they will realize they shouldn't of let him go

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Varejo's is too much, and too long for a one dimensional player. Gordon's is high, but he is entering the prime of his career, and has at least shown to be a very good scorer. Hedo's will hurt down the line some, but height and shooting ability don't go away with age. Gorat, not sure why the Magic matched. Their payroll is going to look horrible in 3 years or so, as Lewis's huge deal grows, Howard, and Vince. Shoot, they are guaranteed to be over the cap at this point 3 years down the line.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Ben "Jordan" really was the best player on the Bulls last year... when they struggle this year they will realize they shouldn't of let him go

He probably was, but Salmons can replace the majority of his scoring, Rose looks to be better, Deng will be healthy, and they have some depth, though not a lot of skill, down low. Chicago will again be in the playoffs I think

Catfish1314
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Even if he was our best player last season, and I don't think he was, Rose is/was our most important player.

Draco
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM

BG7 was the best player on the Bulls last season which is a credit to him but I also consider the fact that the Bulls were without Deng and Hinrich, Salmons and Miller for much of the season and Rose was just a rookie. The Bulls could afford to lose BG7 and in fact management ultimately believed they were better off not re-signing him. Reinsdorf made an interesting comment about how none of MJ's teamates during his rookie year were on any of their championship rosters. So let me ask you this.. while the Bull's have a franchise player and likely superstar in Rose to build around, who exactly are the Pistons building around? BG7 or Stuckey, Blair.. or who?

LA_Raiders
08-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Worst:

Hedo & varejao

Best:

Artest & Odom

BkOriginalOne
08-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Varejao and Gordon certainly, but Not anderson, that's 5 mil a year for a guy who is going to get you 3blocks and 10 boards per game. Then they will own his bird rights and keep picking up options on him.

b_rad23
08-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Gotta be Varajao at 1.

then IMO
2. Bargnani
3. Turkgolu

They both got paid like #2 options, but they both can't play defense and will be hurting the cap down the line...

heattiltheend94
08-23-2009, 05:14 PM
When I heard the VArejo deal I thought wtf is Cleveland doing. The only thing that guy has is a reverse and lots of hair. BEn Gordon is overpaid, but still an awesome player, and Anderson I thought was a prty decent deal. I really think he's underrated.

IndiansFan337
08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
The contracts of Varejao, Birdman, Marion, & Villanueva will all look bad in 3-4 years.

Gortat can ball if given the opportunity to play consistent minutes. I look for him to get dealt after they do not win the championship this season.

Reddd
08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Varejao, no-contest

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Varejao and Gordon certainly, but Not anderson, that's 5 mil a year for a guy who is going to get you 3blocks and 10 boards per game. Then they will own his bird rights and keep picking up options on him.

5 years is a bit much though. But yes, it is reasonable money.

secterm
08-23-2009, 09:49 PM
The contracts of Varejao, Birdman, Marion, & Villanueva will all look bad in 3-4 years.

Gortat can ball if given the opportunity to play consistent minutes. I look for him to get dealt after they do not win the championship this season.

I think Gortat will get traded well before the deadline. I could see orlando combining Gortat with the 9 mill TPE for something very interesting.

CV's contract is not bad, IMO, isn't he getting around mid-level money? For a PF that is able to put up 20 and 10, that's not bad.

mavs_raps90
08-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Varajao
Villanueva (hes getting paid more than ron artest!!!)
and
Bargnani

sry raps fans (i am 1) but i need a center who can average more than 5.3 rebs a game!!!!

secterm
08-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Varajao
Villanueva (hes getting paid more than ron artest!!!)
and
Bargnani

sry raps fans (i am 1) but i need a center who can average more than 5.3 rebs a game!!!!

Bargnani will be awesome in like 15 to 20 yrs, you just wait...

cowboyz180
08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
varejao

cowboyz180
08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
and birdman is not overpayed. Did u see him last year, he was instant defense and energy for the nuggets

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Zach Randolph
Stephon Marbury
Hedo Turkoglu

LakerFanatic#24
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Kobe has'nt gotten an extension yet, and when he does he will be worth every penny.

Kyle916
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Kobe has'nt gotten an extension yet, and when he does he will be worth every penny.

I think sarcasm...

WITZ
08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
1)Gortat
2)Varejao
3)maybe Turk

D Roses Bulls
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM

yeah it really was that bad. ive been tellin people this for the past couple years gordon needs to leave the bulls and i was shocked he turned down like 50 million from the bulls but im glad he did, he in not a 10 million dollar a player a year worthy

bigsams50
08-26-2009, 07:08 PM
this wasnt the offseason, but bynum is extremely over paid with his extention

IndyRealist
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Dude do u even watch basketball or u jus a kobe hater. Kobe's is the best player in the league and deserves 2 be the most paid player in the game.4 championship rings and o yea how much money does he make for the organiaztions. 70% of laker fans are laker fans because kobe is on the team. His jersey is allways number 1 hes the most popular player in the nba right now jus ask anyone from china hes bigger then yao over there. How much time did he make all first team offensive and deffensive team. Hes been in every allstar game as a starter since he came in the league( rookie year he was a starter even when he wasnt even a starter for the lakers).. lakers dont need no more talent around them were fine with kobe gasol and ron ron. Kobe deserves every single penny he makes he dont take days off plays hurt and is in the gym b4 any other player. hes commited and hes loyal to the lakers organization.
the 3 worst signing of the offseason is varejao, bargani fo 50 mil he hasnt done anything yet and wafers over sea deal

The point was that they could have signed him cheaper, because the salary cap will go down next year, and so will the max amount he can earn. The reason they extended him was simple, they didn't want him to be a free agent. All you have to do is tell him he's the best, massage his ego, and he's happy. If they waited until next year he might be insulted and walk.

I think Ben Gordon is overvalued at $11M/yr, because people overvalue points and undervalue everything else involved in basketball. If Gordon was not on the Bulls last year, does that mean they would have scored 20 points less each game? No, because those shots would simply be spread over the other people on the floor. Scorers are valuable, but not irreplaceable. Passing, defense, etc. are vastly undervalued.

Turkoglu would be appropriately paid if his contract was 3yrs. 5 is far too many.

Gortat got starter money for a guy who plays 10mpg. The only plus is that there weren't -any- another good big men with size on the market.

If Chris Andersen wasn't blocking shots into the stands and recovering the ball instead, he might be worth the money.

1. Verajao
2. Turkoglu
3. Gordon
4. Gortat
5. Andersen

IBleedPurple
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Definitely Varejao.

And Chris Anderson is unbelievably overpaid with his contract.

Since when does a player whose only NBA valuable trait is shotblocking make 5 million dollars a year? :confused:

You obviously haven't seen him play much. He is a good rebounder, and brings a ton of energy off the bench. One of the best backup C in the league, and the Nuggets don't lack offense, which is the only thing he doesn't bring.

some people try to adjust the stats toward their argument...:no::no::no:

Turkorlu stats = 16.8 PPG, 41 FG%, 35% from 3, 80% FT, 5.3 RBD, 5 Ast.

Gordon stats = 20.6 PPG, 45 FG%, 41% from 3, 86% FT, 3.4 RBD, 3.5 Ast.

I'll take those two extra rebounds and 1.5 extra assists over the 3.8 extra points. Also, while neither guy is a good defender, Hedo is a better defender than Gorden.

Overall both guys should have been paid in the 42-45 mill range over 5yrs.

Glad you got those decimals in there, they change the argument completely :rolleyes:

Rounding up/down is not uncommon, so it's not really adjusting the stats.

ChitownbullsBG7
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM

If Gordon's isnt bad, how in the he11 is Turks bad when Turk is the beeter overall player?

Your just saying its not bad because you a piston fan.:p

SeoulBeatz
08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
varejao.

he is a scrub. his hustle can only get him so far but he is inept on offense and his flopping is getting out of control.

chris anderson is faaar better

secterm
08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Glad you got those decimals in there, they change the argument completely :rolleyes:

Rounding up/down is not uncommon, so it's not really adjusting the stats.

Actually the other guy had decimals but was also rounding his numbers in the direction that he wanted them to go, and that is adjusting stats in your favour. Why else would he round 3.4 to 3.5 but round down his opposing argument of 5.3 to 5.0. The guys was trying to prove a point and fudge the numbers a bit.

And the whole point of the argument was to show just how deficient Gordon is when it comes to grabbing boards. That was the main point of the argument.

lorenz00
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM

he doesnt deserves it? holy ill take turkoglu over ben gorden anytime and he makes more money too

CQSox305
08-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Gordon isnt bad but definitely overpaid by 3-4M a season.