08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
absolutely no mention of Bargnani...good list

asandhu23
08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
List is weak.. Bynum's #1.........

:facepalm: good job you just proved shady66's point

lakerboy
08-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I'm not complaning about a hoopsworld top 5 centers list. I can make my own list, and I will pick Bynum over Okafor/Biendrins anyday.

Vinny642
08-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Yea I wouldnt
I'd pick a 15/10 guy over an injury prone overrated C anyday

ShaunRiching9
08-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Obviously you will^ Your a Laker fan.

asandhu23
08-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I'm not complaning about a hoopsworld top 5 centers list. I can make my own list, and I will pick Bynum over Okafor/Biendrins anyday.

Here is another :facepalm:

still1ballin
08-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I am not mad that Bynum isn't in the top 5, but come on! Biedrins listed at #5?

asandhu23
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I am not mad that Bynum isn't in the top 5, but come on! Biedrins listed at #5?

Find me a more consistent nba center....

danbuc0101
08-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I am not mad that Bynum isn't in the top 5, but come on! Biedrins listed at #5? Hes listed at number five because hes better, this isnt a popularity contest. Its who is the TOP 5 centers in the league right now, and right now and over the past 2 seasons beidrens has been better then bynum at pretty much all aspects of their game. The only reason bynum has semi better stats is because he cannot even play more then 50 games in a season, which is another reason why he is not better because beidrens has been more consistent with always being on the floor and providing when hes there. Andris has played in almost 60 more games then bynum has over the past 3 years.

jrice9
08-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Bargnani should have gotten an honourable mention or even a reason why he isnt on the list unless the guy counts him as a PF

MTar786
08-22-2009, 06:28 PM
lol cmon fellow laker fans. dont tell me bynum has proven he's better than biedrins and okafor yet. this list is about today.. not tomorrow. nor is it about potential. id take bynum over biedrins in the long run. over okafor too.. but thats arguable. bynum needs to climb the ladder like everyone else. he doesnt get a free pass cuz he plays for the lakers

Vinny642
08-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Obviously you will^ Your a Laker fan.

LOL Dont ever disrespect me like that again, no way in hell I am a lakers fan LOL

I said I'd rather take a 15/10 guy( Okafor. Biedrins) over and overrated injury prone C(Bynum)

DetroitRipCity
08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Bargnani should have gotten an honourable mention or even a reason why he isnt on the list unless the guy counts him as a PF

Bargnani is Not a top 5 Center

magichatnumber9
08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Just remember PSD if the list has no mention of a Celtics player it automatically makes it a reliable source to the whole country. It could have Pat Swift on it, but as long as no Celtic is on it, no one will complain.

FlawlessKB24
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
LOL Dont ever disrespect me like that again, no way in hell I am a lakers fan LOL

I said I'd rather take a 15/10 guy( Okafor. Biedrins) over and overrated injury prone C(Bynum)

you guys posted at the same time
he was talking to the laker fan and didnt quote so it looked like he wa stalking to you

chill

Nets fan 93
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
#11 on the New Jersey Nets

Vinny642
08-22-2009, 07:28 PM
you guys posted at the same time
he was talking to the laker fan and didnt quote so it looked like he wa stalking to you

chill

lol yea i kno i was jk, but i was making sure my previous message was clear :D

Raph12
08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Not 100% accurate, but at least Andrea Bargnani isn't on the list

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 09:46 PM

No he shouldn't have, but if Mehmet Okur got an honorable mention I guess Bargnani should have as well.

Al Jefferson is not a center. He may play center but that's not his natural position. Moving him to PF would be incredibly beneficial to him and the Wolves IMO.

Emeka Okafor isn't really a center either, he's one of the biggest frontcourt tweeners in the NBA. But if he is more one position than the other, I guess it's center.

Otherwise I agree with that list though I think Nene should have been in the top 5 over Biedrins. I love Biedrins' game but Nene is a true center and one of the most versatile in the league at his position. He can play fast or slow, and his game is rock solid at both ends from what I've seen.

lakers4sho
08-22-2009, 10:07 PM

I'd put Nene/Mehmet Okur over him.

jimbobjarree
08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
No he shouldn't have, but if Mehmet Okur got an honorable mention I guess Bargnani should have as well.

Memo is better than Bargs right now. Just cus he's an outside shooter he gets no love, 18 and 8 are solid numbers and shoots a crazy high percentage from 3 for a big man, and he's the money man, when he fires we win. I love me some Memo

Catfish1314
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Memo is better than Bargs right now. Just cus he's an outside shooter he gets no love, 18 and 8 are solid numbers and shoots a crazy high percentage from 3 for a big man, and he's the money man, when he fires we win. I love me some Memo

Oh I agree. I only said that because they were ranking the top centers and I don't consider Okur to be a convential, ideal, true center. He got an honorable mention but Bargnani didn't and I think their games are very similar.

But I agree. I've seen him play some solid defense against my Kings and Bulls in the past and it was refreshing to see because I had made the mistake of stereotyping him a few years before as soft, when really it's Utah's other big man the much stronger, more athletic Carlos Boozer who is soft.

Er1c
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
totally agree with the list. if bynum starts being healthy and play a full season, he would definitely move up. for now, he shouldn't be. secondly, barg is not mentioned, so its good!

jimbobjarree
08-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh I agree. I only said that because they were ranking the top centers and I don't consider Okur to be a convential, ideal, true center. He got an honorable mention but Bargnani didn't and I think their games are very similar.

But I agree. I've seen him play some solid defense against my Kings and Bulls in the past and it was refreshing to see because I had made the mistake of stereotyping him a few years before as soft, when really it's Utah's other big man the much stronger, more athletic Carlos Boozer who is soft.

hes underated on d. Yeah he's not gunna swat the ball into the stands five times a game, but he holds his own and plays some smart D, especialy in that 07 series against yao ming. Its unfair hes paired with booz who rarely even tries.

TO Rapz
08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Biedrins is GREAT. I would love to have a guy like him on my team (no ho**). He provides energy, great defense, pulls down all the boards and scores once in a while. One of the most underrated players in the league. Great attitude and work ethic also. Love the guy!

samus
08-22-2009, 10:40 PM
OKAFOR? reallt

D1JM
08-22-2009, 10:48 PM
No Aaron Gray aka white panther? Hoopsworld dont know what they talking about.

Kdirt
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Biedrins is GREAT. I would love to have a guy like him on my team (no ho**). He provides energy, great defense, pulls down all the boards and scores once in a while. One of the most underrated players in the league. Great attitude and work ethic also. Love the guy!

heres somebody that knows what they are talking about.

B.JenningsMVP
08-23-2009, 02:48 AM

thats what i wanted to do

secterm
08-23-2009, 02:57 AM
I posted a thread in the Raptors forum regarding Biedrins over Bargnani and those homers went crazy, some of them were telling me I was insane and such. Then, a list comes out that has Biedrins in the top 5 and Bargnani not even given a mention. Shows how some Raptors fans are such Homers (and I am a Raptors fan)

black1605
08-23-2009, 03:00 AM
true story: Okafor doesnt make the list if hes a bobcat

Shady66
08-23-2009, 03:14 AM
true story: Okafor doesnt make the list if hes a bobcat

That was a really boring true story.

NPH
08-23-2009, 03:22 AM

I think hes joking. you can calm down now

Gibby
08-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Memo is not getting enough credit. this guy biased against him because his not a traditional center. sure he gets a few less rebounds than the centers on that list but he offense should make up for it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2009, 04:02 AM

Every list without Bargnani is a good list

I would take bynum over Shaq also!

Bargnani gets 5 rebounds per game, he sucks at center

I posted a thread in the Raptors forum regarding Biedrins over Bargnani and those homers went crazy, some of them were telling me I was insane and such. Then, a list comes out that has Biedrins in the top 5 and Bargnani not even given a mention. Shows how some Raptors fans are such Homers (and I am a Raptors fan)

LOL they think Bargs is a TOP 5 center, because he can shoot, las year his FG% was 38,6%.TERRIBLE CENTER!

Memo is not getting enough credit. this guy biased against him because his not a traditional center. sure he gets a few less rebounds than the centers on that list but he offense should make up for it.

Okur is a TOP 15 Center

ko8e24
08-23-2009, 04:54 AM

It's an honor and privilege to be one, and you have neither honor nor the privilege...so you FAIL!

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 05:10 AM
actually Biedrins is a bit overrated...

Mave1002
08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Im a laker fan. Im not complaining about Bynum not being in it.

At least, NOT YET. make us believe big fella.

I think Andris Biedrins deserved to be on the list.

Id take Al Jefferson over Dwight Howard. He should be on another team though.

Im not sure about Shaq,seriously. Give the other young talents a chance.

Okafor.. id still take Duncan over him.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Al Jefferson is not a center. He may play center but that's not his natural position. Moving him to PF would be incredibly beneficial to him and the Wolves IMO.

Emeka Okafor isn't really a center either, he's one of the biggest frontcourt tweeners in the NBA. But if he is more one position than the other, I guess it's center.

Otherwise I agree with that list though I think Nene should have been in the top 5 over Biedrins. I love Biedrins' game but Nene is a true center and one of the most versatile in the league at his position. He can play fast or slow, and his game is rock solid at both ends from what I've seen.

here we go again. Al Jefferson IS a center. THat is the position he plays. It doesn't matter if he would be better suited to play PG, he plays C, and excels at it nicely. Would he be better at PF? Probably, but the Wolves don't have anyone else that can play center, so until they do, that is Al's position

DerekRE_3
08-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Brook Lopez will be up there soon, guy is a stud.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Brook Lopez will be up there soon, guy is a stud.

yep. The C position is pretty weak. He is a true C. He should be able to move into top 4 no problem after this year.

showtym24
08-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Okafor belongs nowhere near this list. And jefferson is a 6'9 PF. Bynum should be 3rd but i dont care about some list on hoopsworld. Dont know if anyone remembers the game before kobe crashed into bynums knee he destroyed the number 2 "center" jefferson but whatever.

showtym24
08-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Okafor is one of those player that arnt busts but didnt live up too how high they were drafted. Kinda in between.

Catfish1314
08-23-2009, 01:38 PM
here we go again. Al Jefferson IS a center. THat is the position he plays. It doesn't matter if he would be better suited to play PG, he plays C, and excels at it nicely. Would he be better at PF? Probably, but the Wolves don't have anyone else that can play center, so until they do, that is Al's position

I'm talking about physically he is not a true center. He works there but that isn't his natural NBA position.

IndiansFan337
08-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Shaq is a pretty solid upgrade for the Cavs over Z.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Okafor belongs nowhere near this list. And jefferson is a 6'9 PF. Bynum should be 3rd but i dont care about some list on hoopsworld. Dont know if anyone remembers the game before kobe crashed into bynums knee he destroyed the number 2 "center" jefferson but whatever.

Destroyed Jefferson? haha, ok. He did "hold" Jefferson to 34/13/4 that game.
And Al plays center. Period. Bynum is not a top 5 center until he proves it. So far, he has done nothing but show flashes for a few game stretch here and there, and get hurt.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm talking about physically he is not a true center. He works there but that isn't his natural NBA position.

understood. But he plays that position, and needs to be judged there. If he shifts to PF down the line, then he should be judged as a PF then. Its annoying hearing it frankly. Its like the Yao-Dwight debate. There isn't one, since one doesn't play. Realities are all that matter, and the reality is Jefferson plays fking center.
Sorry, not taking a shot at you, but I think I have had to argue the whole c/pf ******** 100 times.

Sportfan
08-23-2009, 03:06 PM
bynum over biedrins? :pity:

secterm
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm glad Bargnani isn't on the list (even though I am a raptors fan, I am sick of the raptor homers) but I think that Tyson Chanadler deserved an honorable mention.

J_M_B
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Brook Lopez....Nene.....Mehmet Okur....

Lakersfan2483
08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13644

We got the fourth best center, nice!

Top 5 centers in the NBA

1. D. Howard
2. Y. Ming
3. A. Jefferson
4. S. O'neal
5. A. Bynum/Nene

LA_Raiders
08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Ok

DerekRE_3
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Top 5 centers in the NBA

1. D. Howard
2. Y. Ming
3. A. Jefferson
4. S. O'neal
5. A. Bynum

I'll take Nene over Bynum.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
for last year

1. Howard
2. Ming
3. Jefferson
4 Shaq
5. Okafor

For next year
1. Howard
2. Jefferson
3. Shaq
4. Biedrins
5. Bynum/Oden (whichever one stays healthy)

cowboyz180
08-23-2009, 04:23 PM
i cant believe emeka okafor is up there

td0tsfinest
08-23-2009, 04:26 PM

lol Haterrr
:cool:

Hawkeye15
08-23-2009, 04:30 PM
i cant believe emeka okafor is up there

it really shows the talent level of today's centers. Okafor hasn't improved a lick since coming in, but he is a double double machine who blocks some shots, and stays on the floor. That is enough to make this list. Pathetic really

ALL ABOUT THE $
08-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Bynum will be the next big thing, as long as he can stay off injury

secterm
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I find it interesting that a lot of people complain about how Biedrins isn't that good, but I would take him over Okafor. My reasoning would be that both guys are on long term deals, Biedrins contract is for less. Okafor seems to have reached his peak, though this next season will really be the tell on that, while biedrins is still getting better and better. I would say that Biedrins is pretty darn close to Okafor's level right now, and considering Biedrins has more upside and a better contract, I see him as the better choice for building a future.

BlondeBomber41
08-24-2009, 01:37 AM

Why did you post "no homo" like anyone here was gonna call you gay for wanting a guy like Andris Biedrins on your team? I have never once saw someone on here say they wanted a player on their team and thought to myself "what a homo" so I just dont get it.

ZebraCity916
08-24-2009, 03:07 AM

:laugh: :facepalm:

secterm
08-24-2009, 03:32 AM
for last year

1. Howard
2. Ming
3. Jefferson
4 Shaq
5. Okafor

For next year
1. Howard
2. Jefferson
3. Shaq
4. Biedrins
5. Bynum/Oden (whichever one stays healthy)

That's seems reasonable.

bigsams50
08-24-2009, 03:50 AM
bynum's potential is through the roof, but he has yet to hit it

bogdanrom
08-24-2009, 11:03 AM

I was going to say good post then you said you will take Al Jefferson over Dwight Howard. I mean Jefferson is beast and a lot of people underrate him but he's not better than Dwight. Also there was an explanation before the rankings of why Duncan was not there.

GarlicStench
08-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Bynum's problem is he is lazy and never will acheive his potential. He suffers from Benoit Benjamin Syndrome.

tland22
08-25-2009, 01:25 AM
OKAFOR? reallt

Yea, really.

tland22
08-25-2009, 01:26 AM

Tim Duncan plays the POWER FORWARD position. Dont be a moron.

vash9
08-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Considering Brook Lopez got an honorable mention and he's only going to start his second year in his career in 09-10, i'm pretty happy.

Let's watch all the Lakers fans' comment flood the topic of no Andrew Bynum at #1. And about the guy picking Bynum over Biedrins and Okafor should just stop watching basketball.

secterm
08-25-2009, 02:02 AM

Are you the only one, or are there other PSD members that belong to you "weird cult"? Speak-up all you loonies, anyone else that would take Al Jefferson over Dwight Howard?
:eyebrow::rolleyes::confused::speechless:

bolts4ever
08-25-2009, 04:08 AM
I am a LAker FAN and I understand the list!! And its fine!
5 most consistantly good C's in the NBA!!
I agree these are the guys

Andrew Bynum has to stay healthy and contribute CONSISTANTLY! Then he will be mentioned!!
LAKER NATION! None questions Bynums POTENTIAL or TALENT!! But He has to give CONSISTANT RESULTS TO GET RESPECT!!!!

Unruly Fan
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
In regards to being a Lakers fan.

It's an honor and privilege to be one, and you have neither honor nor the privilege...so you FAIL!

:laugh2:

Diggy_2
08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
JoNo will be on that list next season mark my words