PDA

View Full Version : David Lee

Ty Fast
08-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with him? I mean he put up like 16 and 10and is only 26 years old. I am very surprised that he hasnít signed anywhere.

DCSportsIsPain
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Only New York has the money to sign him at this point. The only way Lee plays anywhere else is if a Sign & Trade can be worked out, and Lee has to agree to any S&T since he is not under contract with the Knicks.

Hellcrooner
08-22-2009, 02:04 PM
he will probably take the qualifier 1 year option and be unrestricted fa next year

Raph12
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
He's a RFA they've made him a qualifying offer, it's his choice whether he takes it or sits around twiddling his thumbs this season. The only way he gets on any other team is via sign-and-trade. Expect him to be a Knick next season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Dude wants shitload of money!Thats why!

lance008
08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
David Lee is a quality player but think about this, he was rebounding for a trigger happy D'Antoni team who finished with an awful fg%. Teams most likely didn't worry about him rebounding much since the Knicks were hardly a threat to win games. His stats were inflated for sure. Plus he's a soft post defender. With the money he is probably requesting, I can see why he is having a hard time finding a home.

Good guy though, I hope he finds a spot somewhere other than NY.

smith&wesson
08-22-2009, 02:20 PM
im suprized too, aparantly there were teams interested but lee wants too much money..

i can see lee going to the west and play for sloan with the jazz maybe. just a thought. might be a good fit for him since boozer looks like he is on the way out they will need a good pf.

Kakaroach
08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
When the off-season started, he wanted 10mill a year. Then after most of the FAs' had signed, he wanted 7-8mill a year. Now he'll have to settle for very cheap according to him and his agent.

lakers4sho
08-22-2009, 02:26 PM
He should just sign a 1 or 2 year contract with the Knicks, best deal for him at this point.

lance008
08-22-2009, 02:30 PM
The Jazz are not going to make a move for him. Millsap is definitely the better player between the two and they are already committed to him. It would only happen if they traded Boozer to the NYKs which would probably have to involve DLee. I doubt that will happen though.

I would agree that he is going to have to settle for much less on a 1yr or somehow convince the Knicks to pay him.

Giaps
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
He wants $10-12 million. That would make him the highest paid free agent this summer and that should pretty much tell you where the problem lies.

vash9
08-22-2009, 04:58 PM
He's a good solid player, but he's asking for too much. way too much.

ko8e24
08-22-2009, 05:31 PM
hopefully everything works out for the dude, hardworking player, and players the game of basketball the right way. not too fancy and out of control, not too slow/unathletic, but just right athleticism for his size and position and solid basketball IQ

HiphopRelated
08-22-2009, 05:46 PM
He's a garbage man player. anybody giving him 10 mil is way overpaying

Giaps
08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Ron Artest making $6 million and Lee making $12 million just doesn't make sense. Is he twice the player? Does he bring twice the wins? Definitely not.

Lee is my favorite player on the roster, but he and his agent have no concept of the new economic times.

Wilson
08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't really know anything about the situation, but I'm guessing he wants too much money, whereas the GMs in the league are saving due to the economy, and next year.

Hustla23
08-22-2009, 06:55 PM
He put up inflated stats and is seeking money beyond anybody's means.

His agent thinks the rest of the league is either blind or semi-retarted with the contract demands he's asking.

Lee's best bet as of now is to work out a one year deal that makes him an unrestricted FA next summer.

blah-blah
08-22-2009, 07:08 PM
im suprized too, aparantly there were teams interested but lee wants too much money..

i can see lee going to the west and play for sloan with the jazz maybe. just a thought. might be a good fit for him since boozer looks like he is on the way out they will need a good pf.

how bout millsap and okur

29$JerZ
08-22-2009, 07:11 PM
For those who don't know he and his agent believe Lee is worth a 5 yr contract worth 10-12 million annually.

No one will give him that money, even NY.

lorenz00
08-22-2009, 09:04 PM
no1 has the money to sign him except the new york

D-Leethal
08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
he wants too much money and other teams know if they offer something in the 5-7 million dollar range it will be matched by NY

J-Relo
08-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Ron Artest making $6 million and Lee making $12 million just doesn't make sense. Is he twice the player? Does he bring twice the wins? Definitely not.

Lee is my favorite player on the roster, but he and his agent have no concept of the new economic times.

it's different story about Artest... he wanted to play for LA and $ didn't matter... Artest is worth more than those 6 mln...

also David Lee isn't worth more than 10

Mave1002
08-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I was impressed by all those double doubles last season.. but.. better stay in NYC. They need you there

Lo Porto
08-23-2009, 11:47 AM
David Lee should be playing next to Al Jefferson in Minnesota. A three big man rotation of Lee, Jefferson and Love would give Minnesota one of the best frontcourts in the NBA.

Resolve the Rubio and Lee situations with one trade. Rubio and Cardinal for David Lee. Problems solved...

DerekRE_3
08-23-2009, 11:51 AM
For those who don't know he and his agent believe Lee is worth a 5 yr contract worth 10-12 million annually.

No one will give him that money, even NY.

So it's looking like he will just take his 1 year qualifying offer and be part of that 2010 free agent class.

Sports Illustrator
08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
David Lee should be playing next to Al Jefferson in Minnesota. A three big man rotation of Lee, Jefferson and Love would give Minnesota one of the best frontcourts in the NBA.

Resolve the Rubio and Lee situations with one trade. Rubio and Cardinal for David Lee. Problems solved...

I wish life was that easy :D.
I'm afraid the Knicks will have to trade Wilson Chandler if they ever wanted to get a deal done for Ricky Rubio.

As it has already been mentioned in the thread, David Lee and his agent were looking for a $12 mill per year deal for 3 to 5 years which is insane. He hasn't really proven to be able to carry a team to win games. Someone getting paid that amount should have the ability to carry their team to win games.
The reason why a S&T deal hasn't happened yet is because the Knicks haven't really been able to find the right deal. I know Portland offered Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake, but the Knicks reportedly rejected that offer from the Blazers.

We still have the rest of this month and the whole month of September to see what happens.