PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Keselowski to Penske Racing in 2010

Nascar-NJDevils
08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Brad Keselowski will drive for Penske Racing in 2010, sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Keselowski won the pole Friday for the Nationwide Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway. But afterward, he would not discuss his future plans.

"I'm really not prepared to address any of the rumors about next year," he said. "I'm here to race the Nationwide car and win with it tonight and I am not going to let anything get in the way."

Keselowski turned down an offer from Roger Penske last year to drive the No. 12 Dodge, and the ride instead went to David Stremme.

Keselowski is again the hottest young prospect, but current team JR Motorsports does not drive in the Sprint Cup Series and co-owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. has no plans to move that team up to NASCAR's top level. Keselowski had hoped to replace Mark Martin next year in the No. 5 car for Hendrick Motorsports, but Martin decided to keep the seat in 2010.

Rick Hendrick on Friday declined to comment on Keselowski's future, and Earnhardt canceled an afternoon media availability.

Keselowski has three Nationwide wins this season for Earnhardt and five overall. He was also the surprise winner of the Cup race at Talladega, when he used a dramatic last-lap pass to drive a James Finch-owned car to his first career Cup victory.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4415093

MarkieMark48
08-21-2009, 09:33 PM
it wouldnt surprise me at all to see Penske switch to Chevys next year

bouchard107
08-22-2009, 02:48 AM
it wouldnt surprise me at all to see Penske switch to Chevys next year

From what I've heard they might be the only team driving Dodges next year, The Keselowski thing is very surprising to me, but it also feeds to my thought that Harvick will drive for SHR

MarkieMark48
08-22-2009, 07:13 AM
From what I've heard they might be the only team driving Dodges next year, The Keselowski thing is very surprising to me, but it also feeds to my thought that Harvick will drive for SHR

Im not saying Penske will field chevy's, Im just saying it wouldnt surprise me. Tony said a few weeks ago that even if he were to expand to 3 teams, Keselowski wasnt even on his radar as a candidate for the 3rd car, so I dont think it changes anything at SHR

bouchard107
08-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Im not saying Penske will field chevy's, Im just saying it wouldnt surprise me. Tony said a few weeks ago that even if he were to expand to 3 teams, Keselowski wasnt even on his radar as a candidate for the 3rd car, so I dont think it changes anything at SHR

No, I know, I was just saying. If any of the Dodge teams switch manufacturers it would be RPM

NBA_Starter
08-24-2009, 12:46 AM
I don't see how Hendrick can let this happen!

MarkieMark48
08-24-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't see how Hendrick can let this happen!

apperantly its a short contract, like a year or two.. enough time for allgaier to run in the nationwide series a couple more years, and enough time for Martin to run a couple more years and eventually Keselowski will take over the 5

NBA_Starter
08-24-2009, 01:06 AM
apperantly its a short contract, like a year or two.. enough time for allgaier to run in the nationwide series a couple more years, and enough time for Martin to run a couple more years and eventually Keselowski will take over the 5

That sounds a little better. I will probably partially root for Brad no matter where he goes because Jr. helped him out and they are friends and all.

MarkieMark48
08-24-2009, 03:32 AM
That sounds a little better. I will probably partially root for Brad no matter where he goes because Jr. helped him out and they are friends and all.

its basically Hendrick saying, go drive whever you want for a couple years, we just dont have a car for you right now.

bouchard107
08-24-2009, 07:01 AM

Completely forgot about Allgaier, now this makes more sense to me.

MarkieMark48
09-08-2009, 09:45 AM
now it seems like Keselowski is there to stay for a while.... so iduno the captain possible expanding to 4 cup cars in 2011?