PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Has Scaled Back Workload

ARMIN12NBA
08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
LeBron James has tried to reduce his basketball workload this offseason.

He has been working out with Cavaliers assistant coach Chris Jent, according to the Columbus Dispatch, but has scaled back his overall workouts at the request of the team.

James has spent his summers competing for Team USA ever since 2004.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/08/21/rumblings_8-21.ART_ART_08-21-09_C3_2GER3PT.html?sid=101

PBG
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
pansies. let the dude work his *** off if he wants to. the team should actually be fallowing him and "scale up" their workouts.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Wow. He hasn't had a off season from basketball since 2004.

I think they just want him to be ready for the season.

skinsfan4life80
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Wonder if Kobe who just won his fourth title is scaling back...hmmmmmmm..i doubt it.

LakePackYank
08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Wonder if Kobe who just won his fourth title is scaling back...hmmmmmmm..i doubt it.

kobe is a freak when it comes to working out. His work ethic is insane.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM

I don't think Kobe worked for 5 straight years without any off season.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I mean why are you criticizing because the team asked him to slow his workload?

I mean is it really that bad that he gets a rest after doing half of the teams load each season?

ink
08-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I mean why are you criticizing because the team asked him to slow his workload?

Why are you asking why they are criticizing?

Whenever Kobe doesn't win the MVP award we "need" to have as many threads as possible every week to remind the world that the new MVP is a piece of garbage.

Only Kobe is worthy of the MVP award.

Anyone else deserves ridicule.

:cool:

Lebron had the nerve to be better than Kobe last year. He should be made to pay the price. lol.

jj24
08-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Why are you asking why they are criticizing?

Whenever Kobe doesn't win the MVP award we "need" to have as many threads as possible every week to remind the world that the new MVP is a piece of garbage.

Only Kobe is worthy of the MVP award.

Anyone else deserves ridicule.

:cool:

Lebron had the nerve to be better than Kobe last year. He should be made to pay the price. lol.

WOW.... i dont recall seeing a bigger "Ride the athlete's jockstrap" then I saw right here.

ink
08-21-2009, 11:36 PM
WOW.... i dont recall seeing a bigger "Ride the athlete's jockstrap" then I saw right here.

:laugh2:

Apparently you don't get sarcasm.

North Yorker
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
:laugh2:

Apparently you don't get sarcasm.

Its cuz he's a n00b probably.

ARMIN12NBA
08-22-2009, 03:10 AM
I don't think Kobe worked for 5 straight years without any off season.

He has actually. There was a thread about it in the Lakers forum...It explained how every year for a long time now, he has been working in the off-season or having surgery because of an injury or recovering from an injury.

Teeboy1487
08-22-2009, 03:39 AM
WOW.... i dont recall seeing a bigger "Ride the athlete's jockstrap" then I saw right here. It was sarcasm :facepalm:

rabzouz 96
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
He has actually. There was a thread about it in the Lakers forum...It explained how every year for a long time now, he has been working in the off-season or having surgery because of an injury or recovering from an injury.

lulz you have it right there, he rested too. and as far as i understand the article he still works at his game, he just reduced it a little, because he did so much with team usa.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-22-2009, 01:30 PM

He was still resting.

But the Lebron bashing in this thread is a joke you have to admit

Storch
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
He was still resting.

you lebron homers are so sensitive, dang. no ones even bashing lebron, all that one guy said was that he should just keep working on his game ... its not like its strenuous to shoot 400 jumpers everyday to develop his shooting skills even more. :pity:

Hawkeye15
08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
any great player works on their game year round. Do they take small breaks? Yep. But only LeBron gets covered like a celebrity. If he takes a crap it is posted on a sports site. So none of this is news at all. Who cares, move on

Raps08-09 Champ
08-22-2009, 02:55 PM
you lebron homers are so sensitive, dang. no ones even bashing lebron, all that one guy said was that he should just keep working on his game ... its not like its strenuous to shoot 400 jumpers everyday to develop his shooting skills even more. :pity:

Did you just not see them comparing to Kobe again? Saying tings like "Kobe never takes days off". He was pretty much dissing Lebron there.

MAC10TIZZY
08-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Its cuz he's a n00b probably.

he's not new , he had 26 posts....lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMIN12NBA
08-22-2009, 04:36 PM
lulz you have it right there, he rested too. and as far as i understand the article he still works at his game, he just reduced it a little, because he did so much with team usa.

That's not resting...Recovering from an injury is very, very hard work.. Have you ever heard of rehab? That is extremely rigorous. Not to mention a player can't work on improving their game that much because they are expending so much energy just to get healthy and back to the point in where they were the years previous.

Have you ever been injured yourself (knee surgery possibly)? Think back to your memories of rehab and how tough it was...That's not rest. :eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
08-22-2009, 04:37 PM
He was still resting.

What bashing? :laugh2: I think there was one post that wasn't kind to LBJ...That's it. Must be pretty sensitive to think this bashing is a joke.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
What bashing? :laugh2: I think there was one post that wasn't kind to LBJ...That's it. Must be pretty sensitive to think this bashing is a joke.

Ok bashing was probably over exaggerated.

more like dissing.