PDA

View Full Version : What about the Celtics, Lakers, Cavs or Magic signing Iverson?

Boston Faithful
08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
That would truly be interesting. All either team has is the minimum. But if Iverson could almost definitely win a championship by playing sixth man, I think he would do it.

On the Celtics, he could be the sixth man - or take a Marbury type role last year. KG, Pierce and Ray Allen would not put up with his ******** and they seemed to tame Marbury last year. This would make them instant run away favorites for the title if Iverson behaved.

Same for the Lakers. Iverson could actually come in and start and a lineup of Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Kobe and Iverson is just ridiculous. If the Lakers took the gamble, with the strong lockerroom they have - it would definitely be worth it. That lineup would be even more of a favorite than the Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone year.

The Cavs? Iverson could instantly start at SG right next LeBron James and Mo Williams. He would provide a major scoring punch. Can you imagine LBJ, Iverson and Shaq? Three lifelike, vibrant personalities on the same team. And all the Cavs players have a sense of togetherness that would ultimately sway Iverson into the team.

Lastly, the Magic. Iverson could also start on this team if Rashard moved to PF and Carter SF - and this would also make them favorites. They have so many stars on that team, but they have the least strong locker room out of the four teams and ultimately I could see Iverson complaining here.

The Spurs just simply wouldn't have room because they have a sixth man in Ginobili and a starter in Jefferson.

Sure, he wouldn't be the focus of any of these teams - but his talent alone would make them instant favorites - any of them. And I think to win a championship he'd do it and shut up.

Bruno
08-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Cleveland should take him, they need him to stay on the same level as LA/Boston. But, I don't see AI signing for that cheap.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-20-2009, 06:51 PM
That would truly be interesting. All either team has is the minimum. But if Iverson could almost definitely win a championship by playing sixth man, I think he would do it.

On the Celtics, he could be the sixth man - or take a Marbury type role last year. KG, Pierce and Ray Allen would not put up with his ******** and they seemed to tame Marbury last year. This would make them instant run away favorites for the title if Iverson behaved.

Same for the Lakers. Iverson could actually come in and start and a lineup of Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Kobe and Iverson is just ridiculous. If the Lakers took the gamble, with the strong lockerroom they have - it would definitely be worth it. That lineup would be even more of a favorite than the Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone year.

The Cavs? Iverson could instantly start at SG right next LeBron James and Mo Williams. He would provide a major scoring punch. Can you imagine LBJ, Iverson and Shaq? Three lifelike, vibrant personalities on the same team. And all the Cavs players have a sense of togetherness that would ultimately sway Iverson into the team.

Lastly, the Magic. Iverson could also start on this team if Rashard moved to PF and Carter SF - and this would also make them favorites. They have so many stars on that team, but they have the least strong locker room out of the four teams and ultimately I could see Iverson complaining here.

The Spurs just simply wouldn't have room because they have a sixth man in Ginobili and a starter in Jefferson.

Sure, he wouldn't be the focus of any of these teams - but his talent alone would make them instant favorites - any of them. And I think to win a championship he'd do it and shut up.

dude i think your crazy!

prodigy
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Cleveland should take him, they need him to stay on the same level as LA/Boston. But, I don't see AI signing for that cheap.

cleveland is already on that level.

But cavs have parker and west who will do a fine job there. They are also very good defenders. AI plays no defense so mike brown would have a hard time playing him. He takes to many shots and complains to much.

Plus cavs don't have much money left.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Most people think this is crazy, but I honestly believe that Iverson could calm his ego if he was signed by one of the top 4 teams. Denver just lost Dahntay Jones, and now has to work with Afflalo. I'm sure they would be favorites if they picked up Iverson. Nobody's going to automatically give up on a former rookie of the year, MVP, and four-time scoring champions that's led a team to the finals.

JordansBulls
08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
He is not coming off the bench. Maybe make him the PG for the Cavs and bring Mo off the bench.

Raph12
08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
AI on the Lakers would work best, but there is no way LA would take him. If LA took AI, he could play side-by-side-by-side with Kobe and Gasol. We know he can play with another scoring wing in Melo (AI avg 26.4 and Melo avg 25.7) and a scoring big man in C-Webb (AI avg 33, C-Webb avg 20). The triangle would be perfected with these 3 guys, but like I said before LA doesn't want to take the risk on AI. Even though they took a similar risk on Artest, I guess that may be why, they don't want two guys like that on one team.

Bruno
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
cleveland is already on that level.

But cavs have parker and west who will do a fine job there. They are also very good defenders. AI plays no defense so mike brown would have a hard time playing him. He takes to many shots and complains to much.

Plus cavs don't have much money left.

It's debatable. Boston took Cleveland 2-1 in games that KG played in last year, and in the '08 playoffs. LA took Cleveland pretty easily during their two regular season games, 105-88 and 101-91 in Cleveland for their first home loss of the season. Orlando took them in the playoffs. Cleveland beats up on all the other teams the worst, but against the other 3 elite squads, they have struggled. The team defense of the other elite squads are adapting to James's dominance.

AI would make it that much harder to double off James, it could make James a more dangerous player. AI could play great; with Shaq and Bron, he would never see a double.

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Wont happen
I think Charlotte

2_Trill
08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
no cavs (hate um).. no celtics (not enought PT).. maybe L.A. (fingers crossed).. ORL possible, but wont happen in this lifetime..

2_Trill
08-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Wont happen
I think Charlotte

probably.. but not a "RING" worthy team..

2_Trill
08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
He is not coming off the bench. Maybe make him the PG for the Cavs and bring Mo off the bench.

that would be a major up-grade.. but would never happen..

bigsams50
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Wont happen
I think Charlotte

i agree

JWO35
08-21-2009, 02:56 PM

This would be the best option for Iverson, I'm kinda shocked the Cavs have yet to be mentioned in any AI news...

king4day
08-21-2009, 03:19 PM
He won't come off he bench.
He's have his best shot at a ring though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-21-2009, 03:23 PM
We don't have enough basketballs in LA for Iverson!

Hellcrooner
08-21-2009, 03:43 PM
if he expolictly talked with phil and accepted being the PG and basicaly DEFFEND and care about assiting kobe and pau and just take 5 or 6 shots a game then yeah bring him to l-a

ai, kb,ra,pg,ab and lo = best roster ever

Gibby23
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
if he expolictly talked with phil and accepted being the PG and basicaly DEFFEND and care about assiting kobe and pau and just take 5 or 6 shots a game then yeah bring him to l-a

ai, kb,ra,pg,ab and lo = best roster ever

5 or 6 shots? Even Fisher takes abuot 8 or 9 shots a game.

IversonIsKrazy
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Cavs or Magic would be best IMO.

PG: Mo-Will/Boobie
SG: AI/West
SF: LeBron/AP/Moon
PF: Varejo/LeBron
C: Shaq/Big Z

PG: Jameer/CJ
SG: AI/Pietrus
SF: Carter/Barnes
PF: Lewis/Bass
C: Dwight/Gortat

Sportfan
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I wouldnt want him

FlawlessKB24
08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
it's amazing that he still doesnt have a job

this is all his fault.
he should just retire or go to Europe

BkOriginalOne
08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Celtics are the only possibility - IF AI comes off the bench.
AI and Eddie House would play the same role though.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Those teams just need some good role players to win. They don't need him.

prodigy
08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
AI could not start for the cavs because of his lack of defense. Don't tell me that he will keep his ego in check and come off the bench, Thats a joke and you know it.

Durant is hype
08-21-2009, 04:09 PM
These teams aren't risking him. They also don't need him to a certain extent that other teams do. But its shocking that not many other teams want Allen Iverson. I understand the comments about him,but atleast a one year deal.

GAWDtv
08-21-2009, 04:14 PM
AI on the Lakers would work best, but there is no way LA would take him. If LA took AI, he could play side-by-side-by-side with Kobe and Gasol. We know he can play with another scoring wing in Melo (AI avg 26.4 and Melo avg 25.7) and a scoring big man in C-Webb (AI avg 33, C-Webb avg 20). The triangle would be perfected with these 3 guys, but like I said before LA doesn't want to take the risk on AI. Even though they took a similar risk on Artest, I guess that may be why, they don't want two guys like that on one team.

I agree of the teams named LA would be the best fit. I remember when Phil brought Rodman into Chicago and people said he would destract the team and all they did was threepeat. Phil can Zen him into a team guy as he did MJ remember?!?

AI would bring Toronto upto Elite status to challenge the teams you mentioned

Jack/Jose
AI/Wright
Turk/Bellinelli
Bosh/Evans
Bargs/Nestrovic

We are a good 8 to 9 man rotation with depth at each position :clap:

And the shots, a great formula would be 30 mins a game. 9 mins to start 1st and 3rd Q's, 6 mins to close 2nd and 4th q's. He should be asked for 20 pts (easy for AI) on 10 shots and 10 assist. That's 3 assist and 3 shots in the 1st 9 min, 2 assist and 2 shots in the last 6 mins of each half. He is the 2 so he is not the primary ball handler, controlling his touches are easy. And with his drive and dish style, if he attracts help after he beats his primary defender he looks to dish to the man the comes open (as the secoundary defender helps). Bosh Bargs and co will have a season of open shots and 1 on 1 at worst.

MTar786
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
lol.. even with AI toronto would not be elite

And WHY are u starting jack over calderon?????

magichatnumber9
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
If he wouldn't mind sharing with Ray or Rondo, personally I would be thrilled if he soldiered up.