PDA

View Full Version : PSD Western Conference Semifinals Round (#2 San Antonio vs. #3 Denver)

JordansBulls
08-20-2009, 04:31 PM
San Antonio Spurs Have Homecourt Advantage in this Series

SEMIFINALS

San Antonio vs. Denver
Winner: Vote here!

--------------------------------------
From now on, each poll will have a voting time of 7 days. This applies to each matchup until an NBA Champion has been determined.

--------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ROUND

LA Lakers vs. Phoenix
Winner: LA Lakers, 4-0 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398263)

Dallas vs. Portland
Winner: Dallas, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398267)

Denver vs Utah
Winner: Denver, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398264)

San Antonio vs New Orleans
Winner: San Antonio, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398266)

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "Memphis in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that Memphis has won. If Memphis has 50 votes (Memphis in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but New Orleans has 55 votes (New Orleans in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), New Orleans is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (New Orleans) is the final result.

Let's say:
Memphis in 4 = 10 votes
Memphis in 5 = 5 votes
Memphis in 6 = 20 votes
Memphis in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say New Orleans has
New Orleans in 4 = 12
New Orleans in 5 = 13
New Orleans in 6 = 17
New Orleans in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be New Orleans in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is New Orleans in 6 would become the final result.

WESTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) LA Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395770) - Pacific Division
(2) San Antonio (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396027) - Southwest Divison
(3) Denver (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396252) - Northwest Divison
(4) Dallas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396712) - Southwest Divison
(5) Portland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397089) - Northwest Division
(6) Utah (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397449) - Northwest Division
(7) New Orleans (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397718) - Southwest Divison
(8) Phoenix (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398007) - Pacific Division

Gibby23
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Im going Denver in 6. The last 2 years the Spurs have looked old and unhealthy by the time the playoffs come around.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Spurs are a powerhouse.

And don't give me that crap that they are old. Their core is still in their 20's excluding Duncan.

Reddd
08-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I say San Antonio in 6

WITZ
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
If The Spurs are healthy they take it in 6.

still1ballin
08-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Spurs in 7

todu82
08-20-2009, 05:52 PM
San Antonio in 7.

goku
08-20-2009, 06:19 PM
spurs in 6 with the addition of RJ it makes them so much better a big 4 plus the addition of
mcdyess and ratilf

denver has yet to make a major move

Catfish1314
08-20-2009, 06:57 PM
If both teams are 100 percent healthy, I think Spurs in 7. The Nuggets haven't made any major changes, but Carmelo Anthony is only going to get better and I think the more time he and the Nuggets spend around the ultimate professional Chauncey Billups, the better they will be.

Sportfan
08-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Spurs are a powerhouse.

And don't give me that crap that they are old. Their core is still in their 20's excluding Duncan.

lol, manu is 32 and RJ will be turning 30 during the season

I like nuggets for some reason

Mavrix
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM

Let's view Denver's key rotation players (play over 20 mpg)

Billups = 33
K-Mart = 32 during season
Birdman = 31
Carter = 34

Bruno
08-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Spurs in 7.

LakePackYank
08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Spurs in 6

jimbobjarree
08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
spurs in 5

Mavrix
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
spurs in 4

IBleedPurple
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Let's view Denver's key rotation players (play over 20 mpg)

Billups = 33
K-Mart = 32 during season
Birdman = 31
Carter = 34

Well if you're counting bench:

Finley = 36
McDyess = 35 (in 3 weeks)
Bonner = 30 (during season)
Duncan = 33 (during season)
Ginobli McFlopper= 31
Ratliff = 36 (during season)
Jefferson = 30 (during season)

VIP1349
08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I think that we actually have a favorable match up with the Spurs. Chauncey Billups is one of the best Point Guards ever; he out-battled guys like Jason Kidd and Chris Paul in the playoffs with ease; however with Parker I find that we are pretty equal. Manu is older and on the decline where as JR Smith is on the rise and getting better, but still I'd say we are rather equal. Carmelo Anthony is obviously a lot better then RJ and we have a favorable match-up there. And with there bigs being Duncan and McDyess we'd have Kenyon Martin to shut down Duncan like he did David West and decently did with Dirk. And obviously Nene would rape McDyess. I actually think we'd run down the Spurs and would win. But they are a bigger market, they are bound to win a vote.

Mavrix
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Well if you're counting bench:

Finley = 36
McDyess = 35 (in 3 weeks)
Bonner = 30 (during season)
Duncan = 33 (during season)
Ginobli McFlopper= 31
Ratliff = 36 (during season)
Jefferson = 30 (during season)

San Antonio isn't going to use Bonner and Ratliff.

Mavrix
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
San Antonio in 5

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 10:17 PM

O yea I forgot about Manu.

The Spurs average age is 28 while the Nuggets is 27.4.

0.6 doesn't make big difference.

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Spurs in 7 is a joke. Spurs are WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOO Good for the Nugz. No matter how good the Nugz have bin, SPurs, like the past, will always dominate them. They have no REAL post presence; Nene, K-Mart, and Birdman against Dyess, Duncan, Bonner, Ratliff, Blair. Billups + Melo is not even as good as Tony + Manu + RJ w/o Duncan. If Spurs are healthy, i got them in 5.

lakers4sho
08-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I like the Nuggets in this one. Unless something fishy happens during the series, I can see them taking out the Spurs in 6.

dre1990
08-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Denver in 7

Lone Maverick
08-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Spurs in 6 seems about right.

Ace33Bone
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Spurs will win this series in either 6 or 7 games... I dont think that Denver made the right adjustments to get better this off season even though I love the fact that they got Lawson... I dont think they will be able to handle the spurs depth

Raph12
08-21-2009, 12:17 PM
If healthy Spurs in 5 easy

PrettyBoyJ
08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Spurs In 5.. Healthy Ginobli, Nuggets dont stand a chance

IBleedPurple
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL at the Nuggets don't stand a chance. Any team would stand a chance. Same would've been said about the Yao-less Rockets against the Lakers last year. But they definitely had a chance, and took them 7.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
spurs in 6

djred532
08-21-2009, 03:14 PM
LOL at all the people saying "If Spurs stay healthy". Nuggets in 6.

stockchampion25
08-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I like Denver. If JR Smith can grow up(big if) and they stay healthy then this is going to be one of the best series in the west to watch. Melo, Billups & Smith make a solid core. Anderson still has some left to prove and hopefully KMart can stay healthy and away from Mark Cuban then this team is a tough out. San Antonio is a powerhouse but I just dont see them as being hungry enough to win this series.

All Im saying is dont sleep on Denver. Denver in 6 or 7.

Saint Brian
08-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Close series but Spurs in 7.

Mile High Champ
08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Denver got worse, Spurs got a lot better. Spurs in 5..

Joshtd1
08-22-2009, 06:34 PM
I'd say Spurs in 6. I think we just match up very nicely against the Nugs..always seemed to matchup with them.

TO Rapz
08-22-2009, 10:41 PM
i took nuggets in 7

samus
08-22-2009, 10:45 PM
denver will struggle this year

dubs4live
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I called Denver in 6,they have favorable mathups as far as starters,and they have key bench players as well that can produce.But spurs usually come through somehow....

mitch91
08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
i took spurs in 5!

DenButsu
08-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Denver got worse

That is so ridiculous.

Spurs in 7 is a joke. Spurs are WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOO Good for the Nugz. No matter how good the Nugz have bin, SPurs, like the past, will always dominate them. They have no REAL post presence; Nene, K-Mart, and Birdman against Dyess, Duncan, Bonner, Ratliff, Blair. Billups + Melo is not even as good as Tony + Manu + RJ w/o Duncan. If Spurs are healthy, i got them in 5.

I remember when you used to be a Nuggets fan. Never gonna get over that Iverson trade, are ya? :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------

Seriously, the overall lack of respect for the Nuggets in this thread is pretty laughable.

But don't take my word for it. Just ask Kobe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se8qZYrKXxI).

And I think a lot of people are really overestimating the impact some of the big offseason moves will have and underestimating the value (in Denver's case) of keeping a good team together and continuing to build on the progress they've been making.

I mean, think about it. Shaq to Phoenix. Kidd to Dallas. *Iverson to Detroit (that one rightfully gets the asterisk). Baron to the Clippers. I really think it's probably easier to think of big name trades/signings that didn't work out as well as hoped than it is to think of the ones that went as good as or better than expected. And if you stacked them all up, I'd venture to guess that the former list would actually be longer. If all the NBA fans who love how good a lot of teams look like they could be on paper are really convinced that all of those teams will actually be that good in reality, there will be a lot of disappointed NBA fans in the 2009-10 season.

LakePackYank
08-23-2009, 12:09 PM
That is so ridiculous.

is it? What did the nuggets do this off-season while every other team got better? Resigning Chris Anderson to an overpaid contract doesn't count.

DenButsu
08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Of course we'll need to see how he actually performs in the NBA, but I think Nuggets fans are pretty justified in feeling confident that Ty Lawson will be a serious upgrade to Anthony Carter as Chauncey's backup.

And since you haven't seen the case I've made for Afflalo being an upgrade over Dahntay, you can read it here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=342) (be warned, it's long).

Also: Melo, Nene and J.R. Smith are all young players who are continually improving (in Melo's and J.R.'s cases, much of that improvement happening in the defense department), this season unlike last Billups will be there in training camp (this may sound trivial, but I actually think it's very important), and for the first time in a very long time the team is starting out their season completely free of major personnel changes (be they by player movement or injury) that have in the past altered and disrupted the team's chemistry.

Flipping your question on its head, though, is probably the best way to make my case. What in the world leads you to believe that the Nuggets (who were on a consistently improving trajectory of the entire course of the last season, including and especially pertaining to the postseason) got worse? Losing Linas Kleiza? He'll likely be replaced by Wally World, which is a lateral move at worst. Losing Dahntay? See link above. Picking up a pg who looks like he has the potential to be a great fit in Denver's fast-paced reserve squad and a perfect change-of-pace compliment to Billups? Sorry, I just don't see it.

Lakersfan2483
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Spurs in 7.

MELO 15
08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
What ever happened 2 if it aint broke don't fix it? First off, RJ coming over is what u would call an experiment, because as mentioned b4, good players don't alway's mean better, especially because of the chemistry issue. That being said, the nuggets did get better. Alot of u on this threadd were probably the same group that said the nuggets wouldn't even make it 2 the playoffs, so what does that say about your predictions? most of u have no credibility. oh and by the way, there's this 1 dallas fan on here who swears his team got better, but in reality there still the same, the only great thing u have going 4 u is dirk, other than that ur team is garbage. Let it go, and by that im referiring 2 the butt whopping u recieved by the nuggets. Get use 2 it, because the same will happen again. stop trying 2 hide behind other teams, and pray u don't see us " the nuggets " in the 1st round.

IndiansFan337
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Spurs in 6

DetroitRipCity
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
as much as I hate to say it but Spurs in 6 or 7

Spurred1
08-23-2009, 08:44 PM
What ever happened 2 if it aint broke don't fix it? First off, RJ coming over is what u would call an experiment, because as mentioned b4, good players don't alway's mean better, especially because of the chemistry issue. That being said, the nuggets did get better. Alot of u on this threadd were probably the same group that said the nuggets wouldn't even make it 2 the playoffs, so what does that say about your predictions? most of u have no credibility. oh and by the way, there's this 1 dallas fan on here who swears his team got better, but in reality there still the same, the only great thing u have going 4 u is dirk, other than that ur team is garbage. Let it go, and by that im referiring 2 the butt whopping u recieved by the nuggets. Get use 2 it, because the same will happen again. stop trying 2 hide behind other teams, and pray u don't see us " the nuggets " in the 1st round.

I agree with you that the Nuggets didn't need to make significant changes. The team made a couple of minor tweaks but didn't need to make major changes to the lineup. But I do have a couple of points to make:
Spurs don't really struggle with chemistry issues. I don't see RJ changing that-he's not a team cancer or known as a diva. He'll be there to provide scoring behind Duncan,Parker, and Manu. I think he'll fit in just fine since he will know his role.
Haven't seen any Dallas fans talking about the Mavs in this thread...you know, since it is a SA/Denver thread. But I would think getting rid of Devean George and Antoine Wright for Shawn Marion could only help. If healthy,(with head on straight) Josh Howard can be a very good player. So your assertion that Dallas is garbage is flawed. I have no idea why you went on that tangent.
If both teams are completely healthy, Spurs in 7.

theimortalone
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Spurs in 7.

boms-4
08-24-2009, 11:37 AM
spurs in 6

Radio Rakeem
08-24-2009, 06:38 PM
denver in 7

DenButsu
08-24-2009, 10:43 PM
denver in 7

Nice user name. :nod:

Raph12
08-25-2009, 02:08 AM
81-39 San Antonio, let's go Spurs

DenButsu
08-25-2009, 11:15 AM
77-38 San Antonio, let's go Spurs

:yawn:

Really. Spurs posters who are aware of who the Nuggets really are (joshtd1 and spurred1 come to mind) would, I'd guess, agree with me that it would be foolish to write them off so easily. Spurs fans who still believe the Nuggets are the same team they played in their last 2 playoffs matchups (which to begin with were both actually more heavily contested than the series records would suggest), and who actually are willing to put their money where their mouths are, will soon become acquainted with Manjaya - or worse. :nod:

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-26-2009, 01:01 AM
The Spurs have always matched up nicely with the Nuggets espeically before the Billups trade. Of course I am going to pick San Antonio though (in 6) because of the offseason moves they have made.

The Spurs are much more talented and a hell of a lot deeper than they have been in since 2003 imo. I wouldn't count out Denver though and no other point in the league scares me as much as Billups vs Parker.

Parker/Hill vs Billups/Lawson/Carter
Manu/Mason/Hairston vs JR Smith/Affalo?/???
Jefferson/Finley vs Melo/??????
Duncan/Blair/Haislip vs K-mart/Birdman/Malik Allen
Mcdyess/Bonner/Mahinmi/Ratliff vs Nene/Petro???/Birdman?

Should be a good series but unless I am missing something the Nuggest are not very deep.

Vinny642
08-26-2009, 02:29 AM
spurs in 7