PDA

View Full Version : Shaq, say it aint so. Reality show idea, stolen from Steve Nash!!!!!

fairandbalanced
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Shortly after Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Suns in February 2008, new teammate Steve Nash mentioned a reality show he was pursuing. It would feature the Suns point guard taking on professional athletes in their own sport.

The topic didn't come up again until early in the 2008-09 season, when O'Neal boarded the Suns bus and told the team he would be starring in a new reality show in which he would be taking on professional athletes in their own sport.

"You mean the idea you stole from me?" one Suns representative said he heard Nash say.

Nash eventually sought out an entertainment lawyer, according to sources, which is why he now has an executive-producer credit and the compensation that comes with it.

When reached Wednesday, Nash would not confirm the story.

"We collaborated on parts of the show," he said. "I support him 100 percent. I thought the first episode was a fantastic episode, and I can't wait for the next one."

Damn dude!!!!

Link: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/08/19/20090819spt-boivinshaq.html

albertc86
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Nash is the better athlete but how much entertainment would he bring? Not to mention, can you imagine him in the ring with De La Hoya? Lol.

OG "Dee" LOCc
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow

I used to like shaq....but now :facepalm:

boms-4
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Shaw is a better fit for the show than Nash is

FOBolous
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
never liked shaq. never will

DitchDat
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Shaq is a clown

Personally, I think he will make the Cavs worse.

driz
08-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Personality wise, Shaq is the best guy the NBA has ever seen. Left his big money Reebok contract to offer shoes inner-city kids could afford, gives to charity more than probably anyone. He is the funnest guy around, always dancing and doing special things around All-Star weekend. How could you hate Shaq??? He is awesome...and his show was very entertaining.

Quit hating on the Diesel!!

Paulliwali
08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
although he is a clown but you can't deny his dominance even at his age he still brings fear to many others

asandhu23
08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
:pity:

SensandRaps
08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
lol shaq is always in the news

D1JM
08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
:pity:

i love your signature its so bouncy :clap:

pacofunk64
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Well Nash had an idea & didn't/couldn't do anything with it. You snooze you lose...Shaq took something, well whoopty freakin do, corporations do this all the time.

JabberJaw
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
There is no way anybody would want to watch "Nash vs." I think Shaq did him a favor if he stole that idea. The first show was great. Can you imagine Nash vs. Rothlesberger? Nash would refuse to try to play defense. Nash vs. De la Hoya?? Ouch. Shaq is a much better personality and could actually make the competitions worth watching. Nash would get steamrolled in every event, except soccer.

Wrightw/Reyes19
08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
bet Nash wouldve been nasty in Hockey n Soccer.

MiamiHeat
08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't think Nash vs. would've been as good as Shaq vs.

Lone Maverick
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Whether Shaq is better for it or not doesn't matter. It was still Nash's idea.

td0tsfinest
08-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't think Nash would have been as succesful. Shaq is an entertainer, he's able to break barriers that are not sports related and you need to be able to attract all kinds of people for a reality show

torontosports10
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe the producers can make this into something more.

Choose a different Star every season. Give Nash next season since it was his idea, then other Stars in All sports.

Since Shaq aint doing soccer and Hockey, Nash could do those and a few others

Tom2634
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think Nash vs. would've been as good as Shaq vs.

Nash is very entertaining, I would have loved to see him do it just for the fact that I've seen enough of Shaq. I love the guy I think he's hilarious and a good entertainer, but I think people would be shocked at how funny Nash is. Check out some of his stuff on youtube.

NYY 26 to 7
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
That is really messed up. Its not that he took Nash's idea but the fact that he took it didn't ask and tried to play it off as his idea. Thats just grimey. Damn Shaq I thought you were better than that.

I also think Shaq is better to be on the show personality wise. Nash would have made it more interesting sports wise (more athletic matching up better in other sports).

I just hope Nash is gettin his paper on this tho.

Bob_at_york
08-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I like Shaq and I was excited to watch to this show but hearing this disappoints me. It sucks that he would back-stab a teammate like this. I don't care if he gives Steve some credit, it is still wrong.

Now yes, Shaq would be the more entertaining of the two but that is NOT the point.

Chronz
08-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Please this isnt Nash's idea, ts not like the idea hasnt been around for ages. It takes a special player to get a show like that off the ground, Nash couldve been it, who knows, he seems like a funny guy but hes no Shaq and couldnt have sold the idea any better.

mitch91
08-20-2009, 01:40 PM
i loved shaq but this **** is just not good!

and to people whoa are saying it would be dull with nash clearly dont know the guy. yes shaq is the comedian of this generation and thee most intertaining but nash is a pretty funny man himself

leftie5
08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Nash is very entertaining, I would have loved to see him do it just for the fact that I've seen enough of Shaq. I love the guy I think he's hilarious and a good entertainer, but I think people would be shocked at how funny Nash is. Check out some of his stuff on youtube.

Agreed. Nash is a very innovative and funny guy, and has a lot of outside interests and projects he is involved in. He just isn't as outgoing to the media after games like Shaq is, which is one of the reasons why people may think he isn't funny.

And Nash is pretty athletic. Obviously he is god at soccer, but I remember reading about him taking batting practice with Randy Winn and the Giants, his friend when they went to Santa Clara and he parked one.

With that said, watching Shaq on this show is good entertainment as well.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Nash should be Shaq's partner for beach volleyball against Misty May and her partner.

prodigy
08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
who cares. like nash could pull it off, lol.

O ya, Nash stole this from me. Because when i was 15 I played basketball and backyard baseball to keep me in shape for football.

CrosbyisMagic
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I highly doubt that Nash would have been any near as good as Shaq, Shaq is an entertainer Nash is not, however i think Nash should get some compensation or maybe some face time on the show, like if they were to do hockey it could be like two on two hockey, Shaq and Nash Vs Crosby and Ovechkin, now that would be awesome.

Reddd
08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Shaw is a better fit for the show than Nash is

Brian Shaw?:laugh2:

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I would rather watch someone more entertaining than someone who probably wouldn't be as fun to watch.

I don't care who stole form who, I would just want the better entertainer around.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Whether Shaq is better for it or not doesn't matter. It was still Nash's idea.

So if Dirk stole the idea from Nash, would you still care? Or would you ignoe just for the fact that your home boy was the theif?

stawka
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Dude Nash is one of the directors in the show. His name comes up in the closing credits more then once. I'm pretty sure the Shaq/LeBron haters are more upset then Nash is, gimme a break

Lone Maverick
08-21-2009, 12:24 AM
So if Dirk stole the idea from Nash, would you still care? Or would you ignoe just for the fact that your home boy was the theif?

I'd care just the same. I didn't say what I said just because Nash used to play for Dallas. If this is in fact true then what Shaq did to Nash isn't right. No matter who is involved it wouldn't be right to do that to another person.