PDA

View Full Version : John Wall Race... Who is the Worse Team in the League?

Ace33Bone
08-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I know it is a little early to be thinking about this (especially since this kid has not played a College game). But I have seen John Wall play and just judging off of sheer talent I think that he is going to be the next big thing to hit the NBA by storm. With that being said what team do you think will be in the #1 position (worse record in the NBA) in the John Wall race? Here are some teams that enter my mind when I think of this question.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
watch the Wolves get the #1, for the first time ever, in a year where PG is the obvious pick. It would be fitting for them, after taking 2 PG's this year

QuaLiThADoN
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
i want the nets to get him but what the nets always do is miss the playoffs by 2 teams and miss a pick by 2 teams

jimbobjarree
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
if Redd or big Al go down, could well be them. If they stay healthy Nets/Kings most likely. I'm hoping the Knicks pick gets us 2nd pick ;)

nbaguy123
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
the bucks for sure

Ace33Bone
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I think that it will either be the Kings or the Timberwolves. But I woiuld have to give the advantage to the Kings just because I feel that they are going to have a hard time meshing this year and there is going to be a struggle of go-to man power between evans and martin... By the way they need to play Donte Green more

HT9Canada
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Its funny because all of those teams have just drafted a PG (or 2 - Minnesota) high in the draft. Although I dont see this happening I think Memphis would be the best team to get him. Him and Conley would be a good PG pairing. Nevertheless, the Knicks,Bucks or Kings will be the worst in the lead bearing injuries.

NYYCowboys
08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
The Knicks definitely shouldn't be in this discussion because we will be decent this year...but if you want to keep them in the pole you should change the option to Utah (from NY) because they own our 2010 pick unprotected.

NYKnickFanatic
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
If we have the worst record this year, that would suck, cuz our 2010 pick goes to Utah. :pity:

Thanks Isiah. :facepalm:

torontosports10
08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I hope its the Knicks so they finally win the lotto, but dont get the pick.

And JimmyBoy and the Jazz get the pick,

But then trade it to Toronto since they have Deron

:D

b_rad23
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Could be nice on the Kings after they realize Tyreke is a 2.

blah-blah
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Bucks,Knicks or Kings

Ace33Bone
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
if Redd or big Al go down, could well be them. If they stay healthy Nets/Kings most likely. I'm hoping the Knicks pick gets us 2nd pick ;)

Thank you for mentioning that because i forgot all about the Knicks giving up their draft pick... That would really suck for them if they get a top pick and have to give it up to Utah

DCSportsIsPain
08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
If the Knicks don't bag it all year, it will be the Kings.

WITZ
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
It will be the bucks they traded or didn't resign any of there good players with the exception of Redd.

yanksknicksgmen
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I say the Bucks

CityofTreez
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
The Kings will get John Wall, hopefully, but david Stern will make sure it goes to the Bucks or a team like the T-Wolves!

masalex1205
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
How did the Jazz obtain the Knick's pick?

ZebraCity916
08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Stop making these threads about who will be the worst team!!!!

There's been like 3 of them in the past month in a half!!!!

And pretty much everybody says Kings (which is wrong) Bucks and the T-Wolves will be the worst.

No more worst team threads!!!!!!!

Jetsguy
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
the funny thing is with the stupid *** draft system the NBA has anyone of these teams could get him and it has nothing to do with who is the worst team.

Stupid NBA:mad:

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The Raptors for sure.

They suck so bad.

knicks09
08-20-2009, 05:53 PM
The Knicks definitely shouldn't be in this discussion because we will be decent this year...but if you want to keep them in the pole you should change the option to Utah (from NY) because they own our 2010 pick unprotected.

yea seriously, we may not be a great team this year but im 100% positive we will not be the worse so we really shouldent be a choice in this poll

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't see why most people think the Kings are worse than the Bucks.
Tyreke Evans is a bigger, stronger point guard who will probably be better than Brandon Jennings right off the bat. Kevin Martin and Michael Redd are both coming off of injuries, but Martin is younger and is a slightly better scorer. Nobody even knows whether Ramon Sessions will be back, since he's being linked so much with New York. I guess having Charlie Bell and Luke Ridnour as back-ups gives the Bucks the edge in terms of guards.
Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia are both better than Joe Alexander or Walter Sharpe. Justin Thompson and Luc Mbah a Moute are about equal. Nobody knows what Bogut will offer after coming off of injuries as well, whereas Spencer Hawes is health and has been proving his abilities more and more.
Overall, the Kings look better than the Bucks if Ramon Session leaves. Why do so many people assume the Kings are going to do worse than the Bucks? Is it because they're in the western conference? Right now, the east is looking very tough as well.

Raph12
08-20-2009, 07:42 PM
John Wall is a taller Allen Iverson or a leaner D-Wade, nothing the NBA hasn't seen before

jj24
08-21-2009, 12:29 AM
it may be the john wall race and sac may be the worst... but david stern wont let Sacramento get the #1 pick... perfect example was this past draft

THiiRTYONE
08-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Bucks,Knicks or Kings

I 100% support that.

RocketsRule
08-21-2009, 12:51 AM
John Wall is a taller Allen Iverson or a leaner D-Wade, nothing the NBA hasn't seen before

Actually, many see him as the V. 2.0 of Derrick Rose. He's tall, quick, and strong for the PG position.

vash9
08-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Nets. I hope.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-21-2009, 01:40 AM
I voted for the kings, but i don't think john wall is the obvious choice even though he's a beast. My favorite player coming out this year is Derrick Favors from Georgia Tech, i think he has the highest ceiling in this years draft. He has the athleticism of a Dwight Howard or a Josh Smith. I can't wait to see how he does in college.

Kings Faithful
08-21-2009, 01:46 AM
I think that it will either be the Kings or the Timberwolves. But I woiuld have to give the advantage to the Kings just because I feel that they are going to have a hard time meshing this year and there is going to be a struggle of go-to man power between evans and martin... By the way they need to play Donte Green more

Believe me... their wont be a power struggle between Martin and Evans... it almost makes me laugh to here that. Martin is our scorer, if evans pans out he is our go to man. If Evans is guarded Martin can more than make up for it. Kevin Martin isn't like Kobe and doesn't get butt hurt when another player actually tries to win a game for his team.

mikeman0000
08-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Sixers suck

Kings Faithful
08-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Delete!

Kings Faithful
08-21-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't see why most people think the Kings are worse than the Bucks.
Tyreke Evans is a bigger, stronger point guard who will probably be better than Brandon Jennings right off the bat. Kevin Martin and Michael Redd are both coming off of injuries, but Martin is younger and is a slightly better scorer. Nobody even knows whether Ramon Sessions will be back, since he's being linked so much with New York. I guess having Charlie Bell and Luke Ridnour as back-ups gives the Bucks the edge in terms of guards.
Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia are both better than Joe Alexander or Walter Sharpe. Justin Thompson and Luc Mbah a Moute are about equal. Nobody knows what Bogut will offer after coming off of injuries as well, whereas Spencer Hawes is health and has been proving his abilities more and more.
Overall, the Kings look better than the Bucks if Ramon Session leaves. Why do so many people assume the Kings are going to do worse than the Bucks? Is it because they're in the western conference? Right now, the east is looking very tough as well.

First of all I agree with the majority of your post, but I have to point out a couple things. Jt and Mbah a Moute are not equal.

Luc - 7.2 ppg 5.9 rpg 1.1 apg

Thompson - 11.1 ppg 7.4 rpg 1.1 apg

Also I think Kings have the edge in guards with Evans, Martin, Garcia, Udrih and Rodriguez. I would rather have that lineup than Jennings, Redd, Ridnour, and Bell.

But if you want the real reason why everyone seems to think the Kings are going to be the worst team in the league for the second year in a row, its because 70% of this forum is made of King hating Laker fans. Also I'm going to throw out that even if the Kings were the worst team in the league they would have 0% chance of actually obtaining the #1 pick. Be that the doing of the "lottery" system or the plain fact that the Kings have the worst luck, its not going to happen.