PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown speaks on Iverson's behalf!

NBA_Starter
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Brown Wants Iverson: Allen Iverson, on his Twitter account, is promising to sign with a NBA team. After saying he told his people to get back to him when it was done, Chris Sheridan of ESPN went and talked to Charlotte Bobcats Coach Larry Brown, Iverson's former coach in Philadelphia, to see where Charlotte might be on the list.

"I've spoken to a lot of people on his behalf, because last year was a difficult situation for him being put in where he was, replacing Chauncey Billups," said Brown. "That would have been a difficult situation for anybody. But I know he's comfortable with me, and we've had a lot of discussions. When he played for me was probably when he played his best. Would I like to coach him again? Absolutely."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13627

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I really hope AI signs with Bobcats. He would re-invent his career under LB. Man would that be sweet.

blazerman
08-29-2009, 01:20 AM
AI is destined to be a Bobcat, Im sure he is happy Memphis offered him a deal but is holding off in hopes that Charlotte offers a similar deal, my guess anyway. I think AI would be a good fit in Charlotte and really how can you go wrong with getting him for nothing a yr after Detroit gave up Chauncey Billups and McDyess for him.

Sports Illustrator
08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Things are looking good, but the Grizzlies are still the front runners in the Allen Iverson trade only because they were the only team to make an offer as of right now. Obviously Larry Brown wants him to sign with the Charlotte Bobcats, so I am wondering exactly what is the holdup. Maybe Micheal Jordan doesn't want him here?

CubbieKid17
08-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Things are looking good, but the Grizzlies are still the front runners in the Allen Iverson trade only because they were the only team to make an offer as of right now. Obviously Larry Brown wants him to sign with the Charlotte Bobcats, so I am wondering exactly what is the holdup. Maybe Micheal Jordan doesn't want him here?

Maybe he's holding a grudge over Iverson crossing him over some 12 years ago? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA