PDA

View Full Version : Orlando will sign Jason Williams!

Raph12
08-19-2009, 03:51 PM
It's official, Magic sign Jason Williams AKA "White Chocolate" and he's expected to be the 3rd pg for them, unless he can play his way up in training camp:

The defending Eastern Conference champions signed the 33-year-old point guard on Wednesday, a day after he worked out for team officials at RDV Sportsplex.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/orl-sportsmagic-williams-20082009aug20,0,3068721.story

Thoughts and ideas?

b_rad23
08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
I'll really hate hating him.

Sportfan
08-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Boston coulda used him at the backup point

Mavrix
08-19-2009, 04:07 PM
SCRUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Memphis worked him out and said he was horrible

ko8e24
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
SCRUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

And this is the elite team calling other payers horrible????

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
SCRUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

If Memphis says so, it must be true lol!

DitchDat
08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
He can't even shoot 40% from the field and he's not interested in defense. They can have him

what54!?
08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
I wanted him back last season just because he needed a vet pg, but he's washed up

MTar786
08-19-2009, 04:44 PM
ah man.. i really wanted him. i think he's gonna come back in really good form. people have no reason to think he's washed up. just cuz he didnt play last season people say he's done. if anything it makes him better cuz he gave his body an extended rest. if he can give u 9ppg and 5ast then thats more than enough to cover the role he'll be playing in orlando.

damn, orlando is looking good. best bench in nba along with an amazing starting line-up. looks like its LA,boston and orlando as the favs
followed by san antonio and cleveland

Mavrix
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
And this is the elite team calling other payers horrible????

It was the ONLY team that even worked him out before Orlando said they would sign him.

ko8e24
08-19-2009, 05:42 PM
It was the ONLY team that even worked him out before Orlando said they would sign him.

but we're really gonna trust the team that gave us pau for the great kwame brown??....well actually.......nevermind, lol

mitch91
08-19-2009, 05:45 PM
he HAS signed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4410164

IBleedPurple
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Crap, I wanted him for my local YMCA team. I guess he is still overrated.

Missing56&33
08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Orlando continues to make quality signings. He brings playoff experience and a championship to the team

Reddd
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Damnit, where does it leave Anthony Johnson??:confused:

WITZ
08-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Decent signing for them this what grizzlies had to say about his workout.

"One witness described Williams as "a shadow of his former self" and said that while the point guard was in shape, he didn't perform well.

During a shooting drill in which each shot was charted, Williams shot an awful thirty percent from the field."

HarlemWorld4eva
08-19-2009, 06:39 PM
He worked out for the Knicks as well. I think this is good for Orlando.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 06:41 PM
All the articles I saw said he only as good as a third string PG now.

MAC10TIZZY
08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
SCRUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

ya!, memphis has nooooo rooom at all to talk about being horrible

prodigy
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
This guy is a joke. I wonder if he will bust some rimes for us or something. This is the guy who thinks he's black right?

He was horrible his last season, I can't believe people still want him.

macc
08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
This guy is a joke. I wonder if he will bust some rimes for us or something. This is the guy who thinks he's black right?

Honestly man your posts get sooo annoying. You're a Cavs fan who has been upset since Orlando beat up on your team and every (meaning 100%) of the comments you make towards Orlando is negative. You are in every sense of the word a true hater. It's sad actually. The Magic could sign Kobe Bryant and you would say it's a bad chemistry move or somthing. Adding Jason Williams adds depth to the Magic weather he's the backup or 3rd string. He's a former starter who has proven he can drain open 3's and pass the ball well. Thats all the Magic ask for in a backup/3rd option. Savy

Magics bench

Jason Williams/Anthony Johnson
JJ Reddick
Matt Barnes
Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson
Gortat

The Magic's bench is even getting some depth now. Don't hate the players hate the game.

stawka
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
To anyone saying he is old and washed up, do you know the game of basketball?

He will be backing up Jameer and playing what, 15 minutes a night? Better then bringing in Anthony Johnson

Toenail Clipper
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Magic should have picked up Ramon Sessions, that way they can run over everyone else in the NBA

CaesarTheParrot
08-19-2009, 07:36 PM
jesus the good teams just keep on getting better
east:
1. Boston
Cleveland or Orlando could finish in second

ko8e24
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
jesus the good teams just keep on getting better
east:
1. Boston
Cleveland or Orlando could finish in second

with the signing of the legendary jason williams, u can switch orlando and boston on your list

JDizzle
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
magic are stacked great pick up

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Gone for 2 days to the beach and i had no access to a computer really, and i had a feeling that we would sign somebody and we get Jwill. I like the signing, you can't complain about it with the money we are giving him.(vet min)

sNaKeS
08-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Honestly man your posts get sooo annoying. You're a Cavs fan who has been upset since Orlando beat up on your team and every (meaning 100%) of the comments you make towards Orlando is negative. You are in every sense of the word a true hater. It's sad actually. The Magic could sign Kobe Bryant and you would say it's a bad chemistry move or somthing. Adding Jason Williams adds depth to the Magic weather he's the backup or 3rd string. He's a former starter who has proven he can drain open 3's and pass the ball well. Thats all the Magic ask for in a backup/3rd option. Savy

Magics bench

JJ Reddick
Matt Barnes/Mickael Pietrus
Gortat

The Magic's bench is even getting some depth now. Don't hate the players hate the game.

You forgot pietrus also

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Magics bench

JJ Reddick
Matt Barnes
Gortat

Totally agree, but we have so much depth that I don't know what the starting line up will be. With Shard out 10 games, i was thinking it would be more like this

Nelson/Williams/AJ
Carter/Redick
Barnes/Pietrus
Bass/Anderson
Dwight/Gortat.

And remember, all that is w/o Rashard and he can play the 3 or 4, so we have to wait and see.

MiamiHeat
08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
thank god Miami didn't sign him

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
You forgot pietrus also

I think he was thinking

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Rashard
Dwight.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:15 PM

Magics bench

JJ Reddick
Matt Barnes
Gortat

And does that really look like a deep bench? Cuz it doesn't to me.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM
^Are you serious?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM
^Are you serious?

To be honets, Ya.

I like Barnes but the PG depth is pretty bad.

I'm not sold on Bass and Gortat and Reddick is just there pretty much.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
To be honets, Ya.

I like Barnes but the PG depth is pretty bad.

I'm not sold on Bass and Gortat and Reddick is just there pretty much.

The only guy on the roster i wish i could upgrade is Redick, but we all have a Redick on our bench. Whether you like Bass or Gortat is your choice, but i think both are pretty good back ups and Gortat has proven to be a solid defender and hustle player. I don't think both Barnes and MP will be at SF, so it could be MP backing up Carter. So Redick could pretty much be eliminated. I think everyone says AJ is bad, but he has proven he can start and handle the team and come off the bench too and as for Jwill, we will have to see what he can bring. And these guys only play 10-15mins a game so its not like they are starters. Even though, I think the Magic bench could win at least 20 games.

And BTW, name some benches you think are better, Magic's is in top 3 no doubt.

njnets
08-19-2009, 08:40 PM
lol at not saying thats good depth. gortat is an AWESOME backup, hes a starter on some teams. bass is an AWESOME backup as well, hes a starter on some teams as well. reddick is not gonna play much with carter pietrus at the 2 G and lewis and barnes able to play the 3. the backup PG aint great but if carter is in the game, he can be similar to hedo and while hes not the PG, he will facilitate the O. and anderson can spread the floor.

is it possible to have too much depth lol jk. but the magic have a GREAT bench, and anyone who says they dont is hating. and this is not coming from a homer.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:41 PM
The only guy on the roster i wish i could upgrade is Redick, but we all have a Redick on our bench. Whether you like Bass or Gortat is your choice, but i think both are pretty good back ups and Gortat has proven to be a solid defender and hustle player. I don't think both Barnes and MP will be at SF, so it could be MP backing up Carter. So Redick could pretty much be eliminated. I think everyone says AJ is bad, but he has proven he can start and handle the team and come off the bench too. And these guys only play 10-15mins a game so its not like they are starters. Even though, I think the Magic bench could win at least 20 games.

Who would start then if Barnes and Peitrus are on the bench?

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Who would start then if Barnes and Peitrus are on the bench?

Nelson/Williams/AJ
Carter/MP/JJ
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat.

Or at least thats how i would like to see it.(when Shard comes back.)

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
lol at not saying thats good depth. gortat is an AWESOME backup, hes a starter on some teams. bass is an AWESOME backup as well, hes a starter on some teams as well. reddick is not gonna play much with carter pietrus at the 2 G and lewis and barnes able to play the 3. the backup PG aint great but if carter is in the game, he can be similar to hedo and while hes not the PG, he will facilitate the O. and anderson can spread the floor.

is it possible to have too much depth lol jk. but the magic have a GREAT bench, and anyone who says they dont is hating. and this is not coming from a homer.

How is Gortat awesome C? He barely did anything throughout the season and played decent for like 12 games in the playoffs and now he is a top 20 C to you?

Bass is okay and can play but nothing as special.

Carter as a PG? He can get the assist but no way would he have the skills to actually hold down the fort by himself.

What has Anderson done lately?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Nelson/Williams/AJ
Carter/MP/JJ
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat.

Or at least thats how i would like to see it.(when Shard comes back.)

Well I'm not really that sold that they are that deep but :shrug:

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Well I'm not really that sold that they are that deep but :shrug:

Well we have to wait for the season to see how all the new additions,signings, etc pans out.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM

Well 3 that come up to my mind first are Spurs, Raptors(That might make me look like a homer but I'd take it), Cavs.

Raptors

C-Johnson, Rasho
PF-Evans, O'Bryant
SF-Wright, Seems
SG-Belinelli, Banks
PG-Jack, Douby

Cavs

C-Ilgauskis, Jackson
PF-Powe, Hickson
SF-Moon
SG-West/Parker(Whoever is on the bench)
PG-Gibson

Spurs

C-Ratcliff
PF-Mcdyess, Blair
SF-Finley, Williams
SG-Ginobli
PG-Hill

willthethrill22
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Well 3 that come up to my mind first are Spurs, Raptors(That might make me look like a homer but I'd take it), Cavs.

Raptors

C-Johnson, Rasho
PF-Evans, O'Bryant
SF-Wright, Seems
SG-Belinelli, Banks
PG-Jack, Douby

Cavs

C-Ilgauskis, Jackson
PF-Powe, Hickson
SF-Moon
PG-Gibson

Spurs

C-Ratcliff
PF-Mcdyess, Blair
SF-Finley, Williams
SG-Ginobli
PG-Hill

that is indeed a homer

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
How is Gortat awesome C? He barely did anything throughout the season and played decent for like 12 games in the playoffs and now he is a top 20 C to you?

Carter as a PG? He can get the assist but no way would he have the skills to actually hold down the fort by himself.

I don't think he was talking about putting Carter at PG, but he is saying he can be like Hedo, and have the ball in his hands at sometime during the game. From what I've heard from Nets fans, Anderson was a good pick up by the Magic in the trade, he is like 23, he was picked one ahead of Clee in the draft, good size, can hit the 3, good offensive rebounder, makes the losing of Clee not so bad. Bass gives you that tough guy on the team, physical, good defender, has a jumpshot, good rebounder, he is like 24 and we desperately needed some size after getting killed in the paint by LA...

I mean, I don't know what you want in a bench.:confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
that is indeed a homer

Well Evans is legit, So is Jack.

Belinelli is pretty decent in GSW and Wright was decent in Mavs.

Why not?

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Raptors

C-Johnson, Rasho
PF-Evans, O'Bryant
SF-Wright, Seems
SG-Belinelli, Banks
PG-Jack, Douby

Cavs

C-Ilgauskis, Jackson
PF-Powe, Hickson
SF-Moon
PG-Gibson

Spurs

C-Ratcliff
PF-Mcdyess, Blair
SF-Finley, Williams
SG-Ginobli
PG-Hill

Raptors over Boston?:confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't think he was talking about putting Carter at PG, but he is saying he can be like Hedo, and have the ball in his hands at sometime during the game. From what I've heard from Nets fans, Anderson was a good pick up by the Magic in the trade, he is like 23, he was picked one ahead of Clee in the draft, good size, can hit the 3, good offensive rebounder, makes the losing of Clee not so bad. Bass gives you that tough guy on the team, physical, good defender, has a jumpshot, good rebounder, he is like 24 and we desperately needed some size after getting killed in the paint by LA...

I mean, I don't know what you want in a bench.:confused:

You have 3 legit guys there.

I haven't seen enough of Gortat to prove he is that good like everyone says. I mean he played like 12 games. Play at least 30-40 games and before I think that you are god or not.

That PG depth is horrendous though. I know they play like 15 minutes but what if Nelson gets injured? I wouldn't want Johnson and Williams playing 24 minutes each.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Raptors over Boston?:confused:

The Raptors came to my mind first and I thought they were pretty decent.

Boston might be there too but those were the first 3 that came to my mind. Im not ally sold on the PG and SF depth though.

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Knicks and Grizzles tried him out.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Why not?

I am sorry, Reggie Evans. Lol what is so great about him.

Jack is good, I've heard Belinelli is good, and Wright never heard of him.

If you think Evans is better then Gortat or Bass, i don't know what to say.

He is a horrible FT shooter, his FG% is bad, no offense whatsoever, all he can do is get rebounds and play D.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM

I haven't seen enough of Gortat to prove he is that good like everyone says. I mean he played like 12 games. Play at least 30-40 games and before I think that you are god or not.

That PG depth is horrendous though. I know they play like 15 minutes but what if Nelson gets injured? I wouldn't want Johnson and Williams playing 24 minutes each.

Yeah 12 games in the playoffs, he was the back up C to Dwight the whole season, what are you talking about.

You said 3 legit guys right, so that 3/5 people on our bench that are good, I think that can qualify as a "deep bench". I don't know why you think the PG's are soo bad, no one knows how Williams is, AJ CAN start if we needed him too, he really isn't that bad trust me. And when Nelson did go down what did we do? Make a trade to save the season, and with the TPE you guys gave us, we got some good insurance.

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM

He was retired last season good try though.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM

Evans is one of the better backup bigs in the league. I mean he got almost 8 rebounds in 20-25 minutes. GM's think he is one of the better guys who do "the most with least"(probably means like things that probably don't show up on the score card.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1828

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsurvey.misc/index.html

Wright is a above avergae defender and is solid on offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=2801

IBleedPurple
08-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Evans is a pretty underrated guy. Not sure about last season, but he is typically one of the better rebounders per 48 mins in the NBA.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah 12 games in the playoffs, he was the back up C to Dwight the whole season, what are you talking about.

You said 3 legit guys right, so that 3/5 people on our bench that are good, I think that can qualify as a "deep bench". I don't know why you think the PG's are soo bad, no one knows how Williams is, AJ CAN start if we needed him too, he really isn't that bad trust me. And when Nelson did go down what did we do? Make a trade to save the season, and with the TPE you guys gave us, we got some good insurance.

Ya I meant he was decent for like 12 games but no one even knew him during the season.

3/5 is probably considered a deep bench but I would still think that you guys would have like a big drop off if you had Johnson as your starting PG if Nelson was injured(I mean like big).

And the TPE doesn't guarantee you get someone good.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM

He is a horrible FT shooter, his FG% is bad, no offense whatsoever, all he can do is get rebounds and play D.

I would take Evans over Gortat or Bass.

I mean so who cares if he can't score or has horrible %. It's not like we want him to score. We have more than enough shooters in our team.

Evans is there for defense and one of the best efficient rebounder and defender.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Ya I meant he was decent for like 12 games but no one even knew him during the season.

3/5 is probably considered a deep bench but I would still think that you guys would have like a big drop off if you had Johnson as your starting PG if Nelson was injured(I mean like big).

And the TPE doesn't guarantee you get someone good.

Well the summer before 2010, I am sure we could get someone, and we are talking like something will surely happen to Nelson, I hope not, but having AJ start is talking about the "what ifs" not the known.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:32 PM
I would take Evans over Gortat or Bass.

I mean so who cares if he can't score or has horrible %. It's not like we want him to score. We have more than enough shooters in our team.

Evans is there for defense and one of the best efficient rebounder and defender.

All I remember is he couldn't do squat against the Magic when he was on Philly this post season. And if you don't care if he doesn't have any offense, thats like running a 4 on 5 when he gets back from playing D. And I think you guys are over hyping his D. All I give him credit for is rebounding, thats all i know he can do.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Well the summer before 2010, I am sure we could get someone, and we are talking like something will surely happen to Nelson, I hope not, but having AJ start is talking about the "what ifs" not the known.

Well I guess the only way to find out is when the season starts.

And you guys don't have Rashard for 10 games so I guess we can see if the bench can hold the fort and step up for a while.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
All I remember is he couldn't do squat against the Magic when he was on Philly this post season. And if you don't care if he doesn't have any offense, thats like running a 4 on 5 when he gets back from playing D. And I think you guys are over hyping his D. All I give him credit for is rebounding, thats all i know he can do.

Well he does try to do anything to get the ball(I mean anything). I guess that is some pretty good D.

And here is a quote from a website

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Reggie-Evans-2383/

Defense: A very good post defender who is as scrappy and physical as they come. Won’t let anyone push him around on the block. Refuses to give up easy baskets and will commit fouls if he can’t do anything else. Not a shot blocker. Will get some strips and create some turnovers. Traditionally one of the best per-minute rebounders in the NBA, although has fallen off in that category over the past two seasons. Moves his feet pretty well on defense, but only because he tries so hard, not because he’s quick. Very aggressive. Rather foul prone, but considering how aggressive and physical he is, he probably should post even higher foul total than he does. Will go straight up more often than not, but loves to push back with his body.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM

That guy is so insecure about himself and his team, he doesn't know what he is saying.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
toronto over boston likes thats going to happen and as for jason williams good move but this does not put orlando over boston! sorry Raps08-09 Champ and *Superman12* but thats the truth

b_rad23
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM

He played 63 games in the regular season and 24 games in the playoffs...

And Bass>Evans by a mile.

And yes Carter can run PG.

Why not?

Bass is legit. Pietrus is legit. Barnes is legit. Anderson is legit.

Read my above post. Gortat has played much more than you know and was a better rebounder than Evans.

And the PG depth is solid. A former starter, another depth and 2 guys that can take the ball up the court and feed it to Dwight in Vince and JJ.

Evans is one of the better backup bigs in the league. I mean he got almost 8 rebounds in 20-25 minutes. GM's think he is one of the better guys who do "the most with least"(probably means like things that probably don't show up on the score card.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1828

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsurvey.misc/index.html

Wright is a above avergae defender and is solid on offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=2801

No, evans is not one of the better backup bigs. All he can do is rebound. His defense is average and his offense is atrocious.

And Wright is nowhere near Barnes or Pietrus.

Evans is a pretty underrated guy. Not sure about last season, but he is typically one of the better rebounders per 48 mins in the NBA.

That's all he can do though...

Not a great defender. The guy is not good.

You have a rebounder who ruins the flow on offense. Congrats. Bass and Gortat are at least capable on both ends and Gortat is the better rebounder.

I'm sorry but the Magic bench is much better than the Raps bench.

Much deeper, better defensively, better offensively just better overall.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Well I guess the only way to find out is when the season starts.

And you guys don't have Rashard for 10 games so I guess we can see if the bench can hold the fort and step up for a while.

Thats why i think the suspension was a blessing in disguise, yes this will test how good the bench is since Bass, Anderson and Barnes will see more playing time.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
toronto over boston likes thats going to happen and as for jason williams good move but this does not put orlando over boston! sorry Raps08-09 Champ and *Superman12* but thats the truth

Hey fix my quote, its not all Boston fans, its just you.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
wow a raptor fan and magic fan cat fight

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Where in the hell did I say that Raptors were better than the Celtics?

Learn to read.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey fix my quote, its not all Boston fans, its just you.

you the magic are going to win next year so im leaving the quote

CraigtheSoxFan
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Where in the hell did I say that Raptors were better than the Celtics?

Learn to read. ok i miss read im am sorry

macc
08-19-2009, 09:45 PM

You are basing your entire perception of how good/avg/bad Gortat is based off 12 playoff games. As a Magic fan I watched all but two games of Orlando last year and Gortat at the very least was solid. When Howard was out a couple games Gortat put up numbers like 22 16 2. Obviously you don't know if thats the standard for him but based of the little min he gets he always produces.

Point guard depth. I'm not gonna say we'll see the J Will of 3-5 years ago. Noone can say he won't be either. In any case throughout his career he has proven he can pass and make his open 3 point shots. Somthing Magic role players are required to do. Otis Smith picks his players well of who he wants on the team. I hate to say it but Anthony Johnson is a good back up as well. I used to hate him when he first got on the Magic but the more I watched him the more I appreciated him. Hes not gonna kill you with speed but he's a good shooter, consistant at the 3 and is not afraid to shoot the ball if the Magic is cold. He's a krafty vet who knows alot of cheap moves to get himself open. You'll see alot of apposing pg's get mad at him because of how often he hand checks and pushes off.

On a side note I'm suprised people, even my fellow Magic fans dislike JJ so much. I think hes a solid player who hasn't really had much of a chance. When he gets the ball it seems like he creates alot of plays for himself and his teammates. Plus I liked the fact he played great defense on Ray Allen when the stigma has always been he can't play D. I think with solid min he can be a great producer.

One last note, you said what if Nelson gets injured......well if Jay Will and Anthony Johnson aren't getting it done we have players and a nice 8 mill dollar exception to use on a great player so I'm not to worried about an injury, unless it's Dwight of course

In any case I'm looking for ward to next season and my Magic.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
you the magic are going to win next year so im leaving the quote

You need to learn how to read....nevermind.:facepalm:

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
You are basing your entire perception of how good/avg/bad Gortat is based off 12 playoff games. As a Magic fan I watched all but two games of Orlando last year and Gortat at the very least was solid. When Howard was out a couple games Gortat put up numbers like 22 16 2. Obviously you don't know if thats the standard for him but based of the little min he gets he always produces.

Point guard depth. I'm not gonna say we'll see the J Will of 3-5 years ago. Noone can say he won't be either. In any case throughout his career he has proven he can pass and make his open 3 point shots. Somthing Magic role players are required to do. Otis Smith picks his players well of who he wants on the team. I hate to say it but Anthony Johnson is a good back up as well. I used to hate him when he first got on the Magic but the more I watched him the more I appreciated him. Hes not gonna kill you with speed but he's a good shooter, consistant at the 3 and is not afraid to shoot the ball if the Magic is cold. He's a krafty vet who knows alot of cheap moves to get himself open. You'll see alot of apposing pg's get mad at him because of how often he hand checks and pushes off.

On a side note I'm suprised people, even my fellow Magic fans dislike JJ so much. I think hes a solid player who hasn't really had much of a chance. When he gets the ball it seems like he creates alot of plays for himself and his teammates. Plus I liked the fact he played great defense on Ray Allen when the stigma has always been he can't play D. I think with solid min he can be a great producer.

One last note, you said what if Nelson gets injured......well if Jay Will and Anthony Johnson aren't getting it done we have players and a nice 8 mill dollar exception to use on a great player so I'm not to worried about an injury, unless it's Dwight of course

I am guessing i am the fellow Magic fans, lol, not that i don't like JJ, he just seems really nervous on the court, maybe because he doesn't get consistent time. But what i do like is, this year we saw he had a good passing ability and knows where his teammates are on the court. And i agree, he basically shut Allen down in the playoffs. And he has the 3 point shot so eh, he's not as bad as we make him.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
1.He played 63 games in the regular season and 24 games in the playoffs...

2.And Bass>Evans by a mile.

3.And yes Carter can run PG.

4.Bass is legit. Pietrus is legit. Barnes is legit. Anderson is legit.

5.Read my above post. Gortat has played much more than you know and was a better rebounder than Evans.

6.And the PG depth is solid. A former starter, another depth and 2 guys that can take the ball up the court and feed it to Dwight in Vince and JJ.

7.No, evans is not one of the better backup bigs. All he can do is rebound. His defense is average and his offense is atrocious.

8.And Wright is nowhere near Barnes or Pietrus.

9.That's all he can do though...

10.Not a great defender. The guy is not good.

11.You have a rebounder who ruins the flow on offense. Congrats. Bass and Gortat are at least capable on both ends and Gortat is the better rebounder.

12.I'm sorry but the Magic bench is much better than the Raps bench.

Much deeper, better defensively, better offensively just better overall.

1. No one knew him during the season. I bet you didn't even know he existed. I mean what did he really do that made all you people like him? Cuz I didn't see anything stand out.

2. Where did I say Evans was better than Bass?

3. I said he wouldn't have the skill to completely run the PG with no one else helping him run it.

4.Wait so Anderson is legit but Evans isn't? wow.

5. What did he do during the season?

6. So the PG depth is solid but yet our backup PF isn't good? Wow.

7. So one of the best and efficient rebounder is not one of the better backup(and I mean a real backup and not just some starter that is on the bench)?

8. Again where did I say Wright was better?

9. Ya but he is one of the best that do that. I mean Bowen is one of the best defenders but sucks at everything else but people were still calling him good. I don't know how that isn't he same as Evans.

10. How is he not a good defender then?

11. Who said we need him on offense? We have 4 other guys capable of scoring. We know he cant score. I mean since when did scoring become so hard when you have 4 guys capable of scoring. All we need him to do is wait for the rebound and if they leave him open then he will just dunk it.

12. Well here is who I would take position by position.

Rasho<Gortat
Evans>Bass
Wright<Barnes
Belinelli>Reddick
Jack>Johnson

I mean just because I don't think Haslem is a god like you I get bagged on.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM

Like I've said. No one has heard of him when it was the normal season and now people are all er him after the playoffs. I mean did he really do something amazing in the playoffs that people should be excited about. Cuz I didn't see anything.

As for the PG situation. I am stil not sold on it but you guys would obviously know moe about the Magic than me. I guess we will all just have to wait.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I still don't get why Evans is so good. I mean if i could trade anyone on our roster for him it would easily be JJ, or no deal.

smith&wesson
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM

thats all he needs to do playing 10 mins a game... because bosh will take up about 38 mins a game a the 4. evans is rugged and a tuff inside pressence

while gortat and bass are better, whos your starting 4 ?? lewis ?? bosh is better then lewis. so yeah our starter is better while your bench warmers are better.

and wright started for dallas,

any ways, orlando's stacked. white chocolates back. and as a 3rd string for the vets min, you dont get better then that.

we have a 3rd string pg name banks making 5 mill a year for god sakes :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I still don't get why Evans is so good. I mean if i could trade anyone on our roster for him it would easily be JJ, or no deal.

He got 8 rebounds in 23 minutes for a 6'8 PF. He is a rebouding machine. He is like a Dennis Rodman of sorts.

I mean Evans has been getting like 6-8 rebounds in 16-24 minutes and you aren't sold on him but you have complete faith in Bass?

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
That guy is so insecure about himself and his team, he doesn't know what he is saying.

Ha. One of those guys.

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Jason Williams isn't amazing but as a 3rd point guard you could do worse

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
ok i miss read im am sorry

It's Misread. One Word, Not Two.

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I think it was a solid pickup it's not like they just got Blount.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
thats all he needs to do playing 10 mins a game... because bosh will take up about 38 mins a game a the 4. evans is rugged and a tuff inside pressence

while gortat and bass are better, whos your starting 4 ?? lewis ?? bosh is better then lewis. so yeah our starter is better while your bench warmers are better.

and wright started for dallas,

any ways, orlando's stacked. white chocolates back. and as a 3rd string for the vets min, you dont get better then that.

we have a 3rd string pg name banks making 5 mill a year for god sakes :facepalm:

Shard and Bosh are two different PF, and Shard may not even be a PF for most of the season, might switch over to the 3. We still have a better starting 5.

He got 8 rebounds in 23 minutes for a 6'8 PF. He is a rebouding machine. He is like a Dennis Rodman of sorts.

I mean Evans has been getting like 6-8 rebounds in 16-24 minutes and you aren't sold on him but you have complete faith in Bass?

All he can get is rebounds! Anyone can get a rebound, all you have to do is jump, lol. No but my point is Bass is the better overall player and they both make the same money, so i don't see why you get high on Evans when Bass can do the same thing and more, Evans just specializes in one area

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Shard and Bosh are two different PF, and Shard may not even be a PF for most of the season, might switch over to the 3. We still have a better starting 5.

All he can get is rebounds! Anyone can get a rebound, all you have to do is jump, lol. No but my point is Bass is the better overall player and they both make the same money, so i don't see why you get high on Evans when Bass can do the same thing and more, Evans just specializes in one area

Well I guess it is because we missed defense, rebounding and energy last year so maybe that is why. From what I have heard, Bass is an energy guy and that is what Evans is.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
It's Misread. One Word, Not Two.

No, he said it like that because he always "miss reads".

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Well I guess it is because we missed defense, rebounding and energy last year so maybe that is why. From what I have heard, Bass is an energy guy and that is what Evans is.

I see where you are coming from, we are all fans, your free to go.:)

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
No, he said it like that because he always "miss reads".

ohhh Gotcha :D

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:32 PM
ohhh Gotcha :D

Lol, what's that in your avatar?

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Pineapple Express Movie Poster ha.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh, I thought so lol, good movie, laughed my *** off.

b_rad23
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM

He's not like a Rodman of sorts. He's 5th among PFs in rebr and THAT'S ALL HE CAN DO.

1. No one knew him during the season. I bet you didn't even know he existed. I mean what did he really do that made all you people like him? Cuz I didn't see anything stand out. He was 6th in the league in rebr (Evans was 14th), and his PER was almost 6 points higher. It's not like either was getting a ton of minutes but Gortat was way better.

2. Where did I say Evans was better than Bass? If they have better backups at C, PF, SF, and SG how in the hell is the Raptors bench better?

3. I said he wouldn't have the skill to completely run the PG with no one else helping him run it. Johnson, J-Will and Carter sharing time at PG is not too bad at all.

4.Wait so Anderson is legit but Evans isn't? wow. Well Anderson can actually play on offense without disturbing the flow of the game. He isn't useless in any area.

5. What did he do during the season?Read above. Good rebr and PER, much better at both than Evans or Rasho.

6. So the PG depth is solid but yet our backup PF isn't good? Wow. Their PG depth is = or > your PF depth.

7. So one of the best and efficient rebounder is not one of the better backup(and I mean a real backup and not just some starter that is on the bench)? Not if that's all he can do. Speights, Landry, Haslem, Powe, Craig Smith, McDyess, Bass, Gooden, Maxiel, Sheed, Milsap, Joe Smith and more all better. So if you think that a guy who is 13th best backup PF in the league at best is one of the better backups then sure, he is.

8. Again where did I say Wright was better?If no one is better how is your bench as a whole better? You can plead that all you'd like but then you're also conceding that the Magic bench is much better

9. Ya but he is one of the best that do that. I mean Bowen is one of the best defenders but sucks at everything else but people were still calling him good. I don't know how that isn't he same as Evans.Because Bowen got out of the way on offense and hit the corner three. You couldn't sag off of him and leave him alone completely. Plus Evans isn't an elite defender by any means, just a rebounder and solid defender.

10. How is he not a good defender then? He's solid.

11. Who said we need him on offense? We have 4 other guys capable of scoring. We know he cant score. I mean since when did scoring become so hard when you have 4 guys capable of scoring. All we need him to do is wait for the rebound and if they leave him open then he will just dunk it. The guy sagging off of him all day will become irritating; we'll see if you still love him after the season.

Rasho<Gortat
Evans>Bass Didn't you just say Bass was better? Even if you didn't he is by a mile
Wright<Barnes
Belinelli>ReddickWhere is Pietrus?
Jack>Johnson

I don't care about Haslem. he's one of my least favorite players on the Heat. He just is a much better overall player than Evans.

They have the much better big rotation. They have the two best perimeter players in Pietrus and Barnes off their bench. And the Raptors have the better PG. It's like comparing diarrhea to steak (not really, big time hyperbole since the Raptors bench is definitely solid- it's not near the Magic bench though)

smith&wesson
08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=*Superman12*;10597760]Shard and Bosh are two different PF, and Shard may not even be a PF for most of the season, might switch over to the 3. We still have a better starting 5.

theyre might be a rivalry with our teams next year,,

-you guys got carter, raps fans .. well you know the story there.
-we got turk,
-last time we made the play offs you guys booted us out first round.

theres beef yo lol im playing. .

its just gonna be fun to watch i think . but yeah, you do have the better starting 5, i said orlando's stacked im not comparing teams really, i think the magic are the favs for the east.

*Superman*
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=*Superman12*;10597760]Shard and Bosh are two different PF, and Shard may not even be a PF for most of the season, might switch over to the 3. We still have a better starting 5.

theyre might be a rivalry with our teams next year,,

-you guys got carter, raps fans .. well you know the story there.
-we got turk,
-last time we made the play offs you guys booted us out first round.

theres beef yo lol im playing. .

its just gonna be fun to watch i think . but yeah, you do have the better starting 5, i said orlando's stacked im not comparing teams really, i think the magic are the favs for the east.

Haha, yeah I can't wait for the season, but i sense a rivalry too. I think the Magic's 2nd or 3rd game is against you? This is easily the most I've ever been excited for the season to start.

EDIT: WTF, something's wrong with the quoting lol.

smith&wesson
08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=smith&wesson;10598143]

Haha, yeah I can't wait for the season, but i sense a rivalry too. I think the Magic's 2nd or 3rd game is against you? This is easily the most I've ever been excited for the season to start.

EDIT: WTF, something's wrong with the quoting lol.

YEAH somthing got messed up there..

do you ever remember being this excited for a season to start ... soo many teams got better. soo many good teams got even better... its gonna be crazy

you think superman will convince vince to get back in the dunk compition ??

that wuold be crazy .. i dont even know who the better dunker is on the magice dwight or vince. they both dunk off champions.

imagince, dwight, carter, lebron in the dunk off.. im gonna go out on a limb and throw our rookie in there ... derozen... lol we gotta have a rap in there yo ... moon disgraced us last year.

mzgrizz
08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I hope the Magic have a healthy starting point guard. After watching JWill for several years in Memphis when he was in his prime; he can get migraines(can't play); ingrown toenail(can't play for weeks); bad knees and crappy attitude...can't play.And all this when we were going to the playoffs for 3 years in a row. Chased off a coach(Hubie) Never could play defense; precision passes disappeared years ago. It was REAL obvious here they didn't want him back.
I enjoyed watching the Magic's success this past year. I hope he doesn't become a liability for you guys.

thapharcyd
08-19-2009, 11:40 PM
What I find HILARIOUS about this thread is we have someone knocking the bench of the Magic and they made it to the Finals last year. Now they out, get free agents, and get an even better bench and this guy is knocking it. HAHA, hilarious. Yes, Gortat is a GREAT back-up. He would start on alot of teams. Then he mentions what happens if Nelson gets injured? Well Nelson got injured last season and they made a trade for Alston and still got to the finals! So I guess Magic know what they are doing.

Kakaroach
08-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Eh washed up hasn't played for a year. I expect Anthony Johnson to play over him.

njnets
08-20-2009, 12:54 AM

i said he was an awesome BACKUP! read the words. and yes, a lot of people will back me up saying he is a top 30 center. there are 30 teams, 30 starting centers. never said he was top 20.

your a rediculous homer is you dont think bass is legit, go ask the mavs. he could start for a team. im going to say hes top 30. and yes he is an awesome BACKUP!

anderson did wonders when he got minutes for the nets. he hustled, dived for loose balls, was great beyond the 3 point mark, stretching the D, and he could occasionally put the ball on the deck and go to the rim. as your 3rd stringer, hes a great option. fits in with orlando well.

orlando>raptors. my nets are horrific, i will say that. but to think that the toronto starters or toronto bench match with the magic starters and bench is just being a homer.

#1Mavericksfan
08-20-2009, 01:38 AM
You know Jason Williams sucks when the Knicks didn't sign him and they really needed a PG, I expect Anthony Johnson to keep the back up PG and Williams being the 3rd PG.

NYKnickFanatic
08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Just saw this on ESPN.com
This is a great pickup for the Magic.
They really are a stacked team.
Knicks worked him out and said he was in terrific shape.
Hope he does well in Orlando.

MajorFloridaFan
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
lol AJ good signing

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:37 AM
The only guy on the roster i wish i could upgrade is Redick, but we all have a Redick on our bench. Whether you like Bass or Gortat is your choice, but i think both are pretty good back ups and Gortat has proven to be a solid defender and hustle player. I don't think both Barnes and MP will be at SF, so it could be MP backing up Carter. So Redick could pretty much be eliminated. I think everyone says AJ is bad, but he has proven he can start and handle the team and come off the bench too and as for Jwill, we will have to see what he can bring. And these guys only play 10-15mins a game so its not like they are starters. Even though, I think the Magic bench could win at least 20 games.

:clap: AJ is a terrific back-up

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:38 AM

:clap: standing ovation

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:41 AM
1. No one knew him during the season. I bet you didn't even know he existed. I mean what did he really do that made all you people like him? Cuz I didn't see anything stand out.

2. Where did I say Evans was better than Bass?

3. I said he wouldn't have the skill to completely run the PG with no one else helping him run it.

4.Wait so Anderson is legit but Evans isn't? wow.

5. What did he do during the season?

6. So the PG depth is solid but yet our backup PF isn't good? Wow.

7. So one of the best and efficient rebounder is not one of the better backup(and I mean a real backup and not just some starter that is on the bench)?

8. Again where did I say Wright was better?

9. Ya but he is one of the best that do that. I mean Bowen is one of the best defenders but sucks at everything else but people were still calling him good. I don't know how that isn't he same as Evans.

10. How is he not a good defender then?

11. Who said we need him on offense? We have 4 other guys capable of scoring. We know he cant score. I mean since when did scoring become so hard when you have 4 guys capable of scoring. All we need him to do is wait for the rebound and if they leave him open then he will just dunk it.

Rasho<Gortat
Evans>Bass
Wright<Barnes
Belinelli>Reddick
Jack>Johnson

There! And don't say you just prefer him, if you prefer him, then that makes him better than the other one in your eyes.

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:45 AM

Prodigy said HIS last season, which was 2007/2008 not last (2008/2009) season, what's your point?

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:46 AM
What I find HILARIOUS about this thread is we have someone knocking the bench of the Magic and they made it to the Finals last year. Now they out, get free agents, and get an even better bench and this guy is knocking it. HAHA, hilarious. Yes, Gortat is a GREAT back-up. He would start on alot of teams. Then he mentions what happens if Nelson gets injured? Well Nelson got injured last season and they made a trade for Alston and still got to the finals! So I guess Magic know what they are doing.

Good post

Reddd
08-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Eh washed up hasn't played for a year. I expect Anthony Johnson to play over him.

2x

Big Zo
08-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Wasn't he going to the Knicks? :confused:

MTar786
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
whoever said thats bad depth is an idiot.
jason williams, matt barnes, pietrus, and gortat could all be starters on some teams.. maybe not white choc. but the other three could. i think the magic have the best bench in the nba followed by the 4th best starting lineup behind, la,boston, and san antonio

MagicDojo
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM

Yeah I agree completley. I am not even going to correct him on all the wrong things he said. It is obvious that he saw about 5 Magic games because of his blanket statments. Not even worth a response except to chuckle and sigh. He is just a troll who is typing all over a Magic oriented thread...why? BECAUSE there is nothing to talk about if you are a Raptor fan. Raptors will be booted in the first round this year again. And I hope the Magic are the ones to do it.

blah-blah
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
hes washed up

Raph12
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Can I get a moderator to change the title please, it is official, can you make it say: Magic have signed Jason Williams!

Here is the link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/orl-sportsmagic-williams-20082009aug20,0,3068721.story

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Lemme ask half of you people something. Where in the hell did I say that the Raptors were better than the Magic?

Cuz all of you are trying to attack me like I said the Magic sucked. I also never said that me players were better than other. I said I would rather take that player.Just because I would take someone, doesn't mean I think they are better. I mean I'd rather take Battier over Peirce but Peirce is obviously better.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah I agree completley. I am not even going to correct him on all the wrong things he said. It is obvious that he saw about 5 Magic games because of his blanket statments. Not even worth a response except to chuckle and sigh. He is just a troll who is typing all over a Magic oriented thread...why? BECAUSE there is nothing to talk about if you are a Raptor fan. Raptors will be booted in the first round this year again. And I hope the Magic are the ones to do it.

So I only type bad **** when it comes to Magic?

I mean I say a lot of good stuff about the Magic too but just because I say something that doesn't work your way, i get bagged on. I mean like gtfo.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 02:49 PM
There! And don't say you just prefer him, if you prefer him, then that makes him better than the other one in your eyes.

I prefer Battier over Peirce.

I prefer Bibby over Kidd.

I prefer Rashard over Durant.

Do I really think those guys are better? Obviously not.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 02:53 PM
i said he was an awesome BACKUP! read the words. and yes, a lot of people will back me up saying he is a top 30 center. there are 30 teams, 30 starting centers. never said he was top 20.

your a rediculous homer is you dont think bass is legit, go ask the mavs. he could start for a team. im going to say hes top 30. and yes he is an awesome BACKUP!

anderson did wonders when he got minutes for the nets. he hustled, dived for loose balls, was great beyond the 3 point mark, stretching the D, and he could occasionally put the ball on the deck and go to the rim. as your 3rd stringer, hes a great option. fits in with orlando well.

orlando>raptors. my nets are horrific, i will say that. but to think that the toronto starters or toronto bench match with the magic starters and bench is just being a homer.

You just said he would start on some of the teams in the NBA. So shouldn't that pretty much mean like around 20?

I have said Bass is legit like 4 times in this thread.

Rasho Nesterovic can get 7 and 4 in 20 minutes. But people still think he is garbage.

Again. I never said the Magic were better than the Raptors. I also never said the Raptors were better overall. I said I would prefer the Raptors bench. Inever said the Raptors had better starters.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
He's not like a Rodman of sorts. He's 5th among PFs in rebr and THAT'S ALL HE CAN DO.

I don't care about Haslem. he's one of my least favorite players on the Heat. He just is a much better overall player than Evans.

They have the much better big rotation. They have the two best perimeter players in Pietrus and Barnes off their bench. And the Raptors have the better PG. It's like comparing diarrhea to steak (not really, big time hyperbole since the Raptors bench is definitely solid- it's not near the Magic bench though)

1. Pops got better stats in the same minutes as Gortat? I know you don't think he is better. Lebron has the best per in the league but a lot say Kobe is better. PER doesn't prove as much as you think.

2. I said I prefer the Raptors bench.

3. Johnson is probably okay but like I have said before, I wouldn't trust that PG depth if Nelson gets injured.

4. You act like Evans can't score. Evans can get 4-5 PPG. I mean it isn't much but it is still solid for what we want him to do.

5. Read the first point.

6. So Nelson, Johnson and Williams is better than Bosh, Evans and Johnson?

7. Some of those guys aren't better that Evans. Does a versatile player beat a specialist every time? I guess Kidd is better than Nash to you then even though Nash is only a shooter and passer.

8. I said I would rather take the Raptors bench.

9. So Evans can't dunk the ball? Last time I checked, that was still offense.

10. Above average

11. There are also scenarios where people might double Bosh and leave Evans open and he can dunk it. I mean he gets 5 PPG. If Gortat gets 6 PPG, does it make him that much better?

12. Peitrus is starting so he isn't there. I said I would prefer Evans over Bass.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 03:19 PM

I mean people get at the Raptors bench this year and they were clearly better than last year. I know the Raptors bench isn't the greatest but people still do even after they improve.

I never said the Magic didn't know what they were doing. I said I still never bought the hype on Gortat.

And I seriously cannot find anything that got me excited over Gortat. The stats don't show much. No one knew him during the season. He played decent for the playoffs. Now he is a god?

b_rad23
08-20-2009, 03:35 PM
1. Pops got better stats in the same minutes as Gortat? I know you don't think he is better. Lebron has the best per in the league but a lot say Kobe is better. PER doesn't prove as much as you think.Pops had a PER 3 points lower, so, point terribly made.

2. I said I prefer the Raptors bench.Then people are right in calling you a homer and calling you out on it. :confused: What's your beef? If you'd prefer a worse bench, then you are a homer...

3. Johnson is probably okay but like I have said before, I wouldn't trust that PG depth if Nelson gets injured.k. I'd say that's the measure of a good bench. Does Raps08-09 Champ trust your PG depth if your star starter gets injured? If not, your bench fails

4. You act like Evans can't score. Evans can get 4-5 PPG. I mean it isn't much but it is still solid for what we want him to do.Lol. He can't. Terrible PER. Terrible hands. Terrible FG% (embarassing for a big man that can only dunk lol). Terrible FT%.

5. Read the first point.

6. So Nelson, Johnson and Williams is better than Bosh, Evans and Johnson? You're comparing PG depth to PF depth? I don't get it. I can't see my post though. Whatever, the PF rotation is obviously better, but the backups are mediocre. Johnson could be good though, down the line. Johnson+Evans makes one capable rotation player.

7. Some of those guys aren't better that Evans. Does a versatile player beat a specialist every time? I guess Kidd is better than Nash to you then even though Nash is only a shooter and passer.And Kidd is only a passer and rebounder? That is a terrible comparison. A versatile player beats a specialist if he's better overall, yes.

8. I said I would rather take the Raptors bench.Exactly why you're getting called out as a homer...

9. So Evans can't dunk the ball? Last time I checked, that was still offense.Tell me again how a bigman shooting in the low 40s with no jumpshot isn't going to disrupt your offense.

10. Above average

11. There are also scenarios where people might double Bosh and leave Evans open and he can dunk it. I mean he gets 5 PPG. If Gortat gets 6 PPG, does it make him that much better?Percentages and efficiency. I'm not looking at basic stats here, Gortat is MUCH, MUCH better than Evans in every respect of the game of basketball.

12. Peitrus is starting so he isn't there. I said I would prefer Evans over Bass.

We don't know who's starting yet. And Bass is a tier of player better than Evans, it isn't that close.

Doesn't matter though. The Magic bench is very good. The Raptors bench is good. They just aren't elite. They're solid though for sure...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
We don't know who's starting yet. And Bass is a tier of player better than Evans, it isn't that close.

Doesn't matter though. The Magic bench is very good. The Raptors bench is good. They just aren't elite. They're solid though for sure...

1. I said Pop had better stats. I said Lebron has the PER part.

2. I like the Spurs bench the best in the league. People think the Magic have the best bench in the league. Is it really that bad if you dont choose the better player/bench.

3. I trust Jack, Douby and Turkoglu to rn it if Calderon is gone.

4. Hell as long as he scores 4-5 PPG, I'm happy. You act like everyone in a team has to score.

5. Read first post.

6. You said the PG depth is > or = than our PF depth

7. Do you think Kobe is better than Lebron. I mean Lebron is the better all around player but most think Kobe is better.

8. The 2nd post.

9. How can he disrupt the offense when he won't be doing anything on offense. Its not like he is gonna force shots. He wont be getting the ball on offense. A lot of teams have had only 4 players that are capable of scoring but that did't mess them up. Pistons were fine with Ben Wallace on the floor.

11. Again, I don't care about FG% just like Pistons fans with Wallace. Sure they played a different system but he still couldn't score non the less. And sure he might ave better efficiency but do you always take the guy with the better efficiency? I mean Bosh is more efficient than Kobe but Kobe is sure as hell better. And I would also look at team needs so that is why I would want Evans.

12. If Bass is better then fine. I would still prefer Evans.

Raph12
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
1. I said Pop had better stats. I said Lebron has the PER part.

2. I like the Spurs bench the best in the league. People think the Magic have the best bench in the league. Is it really that bad if you dont choose the better player/bench. Yes actually it is lol, if you chose the worse bench and your rival chose the better bench that can be the difference maker in a long playoff series

3. I trust Jack, Douby and Turkoglu to rn it if Calderon is gone. Jack and DOUBY? really? and btw I trust J-Will, Carter to run things with Nelson out

4. Hell as long as he scores 4-5 PPG, I'm happy. You act like everyone in a team has to score. True not everyone has to score, but everyone should be capable of scoring

5. Read first post.

6. You said the PG depth is > or = than our PF depth Your comparing different positions but anyways, your PF backups are worse but, your starting PF>>>our starting PG (I'd take Bosh over Jameer Nelson, but I'd also take AJ and J-Will over Evans and Johnson anyday

7. Do you think Kobe is better than Lebron. I mean Lebron is the better all around player but most think Kobe is better. I think Lebron is better, if he had the Lakers roster he arguably could've won last year also

8. The 2nd post.

9. How can he disrupt the offense when he won't be doing anything on offense. Its not like he is gonna force shots. He wont be getting the ball on offense. A lot of teams have had only 4 players that are capable of scoring but that did't mess them up. Pistons were fine with Ben Wallace on the floor. If Evans is on the floor, the player guarding him can help double whichever player that needs a double without worrying about Evans. Btw Piston's were fine with Ben Wallace because Shaq was too slow to help out on defense and the Bucks, Nets and Pacers were all inferior to the Pistons all-around so it was hard to take advantage of the Pistons one weakness

11. Again, I don't care about FG% just like Pistons fans with Wallace. Sure they played a different system but he still couldn't score non the less. And sure he might ave better efficiency but do you always take the guy with the better efficiency? I mean Bosh is more efficient than Kobe but Kobe is sure as hell better. And I would also look at team needs so that is why I would want Evans. 9 times out of 10 you would take efficiency. Bosh is more efficient than Kobe but, Bosh is a PF not a SG so it's a bad comparison. A better comparison would be Bosh to Nowiztki and Gasol, they are both more efficient and both are better players

12. If Bass is better then fine. I would still prefer Evans. You may be the only one who would

I'm not trying to get on you for not giving the Magic enough respect, me and you have had similar arguements in the past, I'm just responding to some of your questions/statements

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm not trying to get on you for not giving the Magic enough respect, me and you have had similar arguements in the past, I'm just responding to some of your questions/statements

Jack was actually a starter last year. Douby sucks. Turkoglu is there.

He is capable of scoring enough. He can score 4 points more than most Raptors need.

He was saying that our PF depth was better than the Magics PG depth. Really? Evans and Johnson over Johnson and J-Will. J-Will hasn't played in a year. And I would think Evans is better than Johnson.

I'm just showing that just because someone is more versatile, doesn't mean they are better. I think Lebron is better too but that is another story.

I also meant through out the season. But it doesn't matter. I am just trying to say that we do not need someone to score. I mean if he can get just 2 points, I am fine with it but we do not need him to score.

Well apparently, to me, this is that 1/10 situation. We use to have Humpries and he seemed to have the same streghts as Bass. He didn't work out for us. I guess I would rather have Bass because we already have scorers. You have Howard for rebounds so you would probably want some more versatility. David Lee has a better PER over Garnett, Wade has a better PER over Kobe, Troy Murphy is 17th in PER. Doesn't mean those guys are better or Murphy is 17th best player.

And like I've said, we had no rebounds and defense and toughness so I guess that is why I like Evans more.

And I have nothing against the Magic. It's just to me, I wouldn't want them on the Raptors. Not saying they suck but they probably wouldn't fit in on our team. I mean I like the Suns because they run and gun but I don't think they are the best.

b_rad23
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
1. I said Pop had better stats. I said Lebron has the PER part.PER is a stat. I like Pops also though.

7. Do you think Kobe is better than Lebron. I mean Lebron is the better all around player but most think Kobe is better.I think Lebron is considerably better.

9. How can he disrupt the offense when he won't be doing anything on offense.Not doing anything on offense and allowing your man to crowd or double team=disrupting Its not like he is gonna force shots. Any shot for Reggie Evans is a bad shotHe wont be getting the ball on offense. A lot of teams have had only 4 players that are capable of scoring but that did't mess them up. Pistons were fine with Ben Wallace on the floorYes but Pistons were an elite defensive team, the Raptors will make their living on the other side of the court, or they will lose..

12. If Bass is better then fine. I would still prefer Evans.

That's the point. The Magic bench is better but you'd still take the Raptors. Why? Because you're a homer.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
That's the point. The Magic bench is better but you'd still take the Raptors. Why? Because you're a homer.

I take the Spurs bench over any bench in the league. Does that mean people should bag on me?

I like the Raptors bench because 5 of those guys have had a solid season last year. Rasho was solid last year in like 17 minutes, so was Wright and belinelli in 20 or so minutes, Evans was decent in the 13 minutes he got. Jack was amazing last year. I also like them over the Magic's bench on the Raptors team because they would fit in better on our system.

And what about the Heat, would you just take the best bench even if you knew if didn't match well with your team?

Raph12
08-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Jack was actually a starter last year. Douby sucks. Turkoglu is there.

He is capable of scoring enough. He can score 4 points more than most Raptors need.

He was saying that our PF depth was better than the Magics PG depth. Really? Evans and Johnson over Johnson and J-Will. J-Will hasn't played in a year. And I would think Evans is better than Johnson.

I'm just showing that just because someone is more versatile, doesn't mean they are better. I think Lebron is better too but that is another story.

I also meant through out the season. But it doesn't matter. I am just trying to say that we do not need someone to score. I mean if he can get just 2 points, I am fine with it but we do not need him to score.

Well apparently, to me, this is that 1/10 situation. We use to have Humpries and he seemed to have the same streghts as Bass. He didn't work out for us. I guess I would rather have Bass because we already have scorers. You have Howard for rebounds so you would probably want some more versatility. David Lee has a better PER over Garnett, Wade has a better PER over Kobe, Troy Murphy is 17th in PER. Doesn't mean those guys are better or Murphy is 17th best player.

And like I've said, we had no rebounds and defense and toughness so I guess that is why I like Evans more.

And I have nothing against the Magic. It's just to me, I wouldn't want them on the Raptors. Not saying they suck but they probably wouldn't fit in on our team. I mean I like the Suns because they run and gun but I don't think they are the best.

J-Will avged 9ppg, 2rpg, 5apg and 1spg before he left the NBA, Memphis gave him an offer, before going back to Jamal Tinsley, Ronald Murray and Tarence Kinsey and Orlando worked him out and decided to go with him instead of sending Redick and AJ to GS for CJ Watson, so he has to be doing something right. While Amir Johnson avged 3ppg, 4rpg and 1bpg, not the greatest stats. If J-Will bounces back in any form similar to his 2007-08 season, I'd take him in a heartbeat over Johnson.

Reggie Evans vs Anthony Johnson is incomparable to say which is a better player than the other, but to say if Evans is a better PF than Johnson is a PG is hard to tell; Reggie gets 3ppg, 5rpg and 0bpg, while AJ gets 6ppg, 2pg and 3apg while shooting 39+% from the arc, I'd say AJ is a slightly better PG, than Reggie a PF.

See now thats fine, different players will fit different teams, it is all about chemistry. What works for one team, necessarily doesn't have to work for another.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
J-Will avged 9ppg, 2rpg, 5apg and 1spg before he left the NBA, Memphis gave him an offer, before going back to Jamal Tinsley, Ronald Murray and Tarence Kinsey and Orlando worked him out and decided to go with him instead of sending Redick and AJ to GS for CJ Watson, so he has to be doing something right. While Amir Johnson avged 3ppg, 4rpg and 1bpg, not the greatest stats. If J-Will bounces back in any form similar to his 2007-08 season, I'd take him in a heartbeat over Johnson.

Reggie Evans vs Anthony Johnson is incomparable to say which is a better player than the other, but to say if Evans is a better PF than Johnson is a PG is hard to tell; Reggie gets 3ppg, 5rpg and 0bpg, while AJ gets 6ppg, 2pg and 3apg while shooting 39+% from the arc, I'd say AJ is a slightly better PG, than Reggie a PF.

See now thats fine, different players will fit different teams, it is all about chemistry. What works for one team, necessarily doesn't have to work for another.

Evans didn't play a lot last year but if he had the same minutes as Johnson, Evans might average better.

And we can't really know if he goes back to his 07-08 form.

But like I said, it is better to wait and find out when season comes.

Byronicle
08-20-2009, 06:54 PM
his nickname is White Chocolate...

:facepalm: + Aveda Kadabra!

Raph12
08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Evans didn't play a lot last year but if he had the same minutes as Johnson, Evans might average better.

And we can't really know if he goes back to his 07-08 form.

But like I said, it is better to wait and find out when season comes.

I don't think 4 mins will make that much of a difference

They don't need him to be at that same caliber, but anything similar would be fine. 6ppg, 4apg would be fine. He is their 3rd option as a PG unless he can out-do AJ in training camp, so they aren't expecting much from him

Exactly, this season will be fun to watch, alot of teams got better, should be interesting