PDA

View Full Version : Is Amare Stoudemire still an elite big man?

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Is Amare Stoudemire still among the top big men in the NBA and if so, where does he rank? Is he in the top 5? Top 10? Also, who are the big men you would take ahead of him?

dick butane
08-19-2009, 01:54 AM
He is top ten. The list all depends on wether Yao is done for good?, Shaq is done getting in shape?, The kid in Portland ever adjusts to the NBA?, Hell if Chris Kaman gets out of his funk?, and what power forwards you think are legitimate big men and not just forwards?

Shady66
08-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Yes he is, this past season was his worst in awhile, and that was because of the old head coach terry porter, once he was fired he was averaging 30 and 10( 2 games) then he was injured. He averaged 21 ppg as the 2nd option behind shaq. Now that hes gone he will excell in the offence that suits him best.

JordansBulls
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Claro que si.

DCSportsIsPain
08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Claro que si.

Infract yourself for failing to use English. :D

Amare is still good but he has always been over-rated.

He's still one-dimensional and gives up as many points as he scores most nights. Give me anyone who at least tries to play defense and manages to score more than they allow.

JayW_1023
08-19-2009, 08:57 AM
He never was...elite bigs play some form of defense.

I'd take:

Duncan, KG, Gasol, West, Jefferson, Boozer and Dirk all ahead of Amare.

BaustinSali08
08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I think he still is, he had a rough season last year with the injuries, but he still showed some dominance. I say top 10.

bigsams50
08-19-2009, 09:26 AM

I'd take:

i dont agree with david west and boozer, i'd take amare over both

king4day
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I'd say top 5 PF in the leage.
Last year was a fluke. Everything that could go wrong, did.

TO Rapz
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes hes still elite

jimbobjarree
08-19-2009, 09:59 AM
top 5 PF, most explosive post offense for sure

MagicBucsSox
08-19-2009, 10:11 AM
best offensive big in the league with bosh

Giantwarrior
08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
HAHA, Not Even Close. he cant play Defense, he cant carry a team on his own shoulders. He wouldnt be half as good without Nash. he will never be a duncan, Oneil in his prime, or dwight howard.

J-Relo
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
HAHA, Not Even Close. he cant play Defense, he cant carry a team on his own shoulders. He wouldnt be half as good without Nash. he will never be a duncan, Oneil in his prime, or dwight howard.

he is not gonna be Duncan (best PF ever) or Shaq (most dominant big ever and i don't see anyone becoming as good as Shaq was) or Howard (who is one sided too and his D is overrated, still currently he is top center)... He is and is gonna be the only one Amare...

The question is: if he still is an elite big man... and as he hasn't lost his game, so yes he still is...

^ name all current elite big men... Amare is top 10 and can be better

Ace33Bone
08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
As far as PF go then i would put him right after Duncan, Dirk, Pau, & KG so i would say that he is top 5

bigsams50
08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
As far as PF go then i would put him right after Duncan, Dirk, Pau, & KG so i would say that he is top 5

:clap:

J-Relo
08-19-2009, 11:30 AM

Also Bosh might get into conversation... and if we take bigmen as PF/C then Shaq, Yao, Howard and Al might be mentioned too...

he is top 10...

MiamiHeat
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM

I'd take:

:eyebrow:

mitch91
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
yes he is still and elite big and hopefully next year can be back at his best and put up some big numbers

HiphopRelated
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
:eyebrow:
yeah, Dirk is ahead of him

Dirk's just older

J-Relo
08-19-2009, 12:07 PM
yeah, Dirk is ahead of him

Dirk's just older

he also bolded: playing some kind of defence... does Dirk play D?

ryanj12344
08-19-2009, 12:29 PM
i say he is 3rd best after kg and duncan. how can you guys says pau is better? he owns pau in offense and then people say its cuz amare can't play defense but he actually averages more steals and blocks then pau does.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
He is still elite, as far as production goes. I would rank him somewhere in the 5-10 range of big guys.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Amare is top five I would put him on the 3rd spot behind duncan and Kg. Dirk is almost the same player all offense no defense except with a 3pt shot. Amare has a better inside game than dirk. Pau gasol is no where near amares level he is a soft as they come. Please people don't put pau gasol in the top 5 may cause drowsiness.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 12:37 PM
i say he is 3rd best after kg and duncan. how can you guys says pau is better? he owns pau in offense and then people say its cuz amare can't play defense but he actually averages more steals and blocks then pau does. Exactly

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Amare is top five I would put him on the 3rd spot behind duncan and Kg. Dirk is almost the same player all offense no defense except with a 3pt shot. Amare has a better inside game than dirk. Pau gasol is no where near amares level he is a soft as they come. Please people don't put pau gasol in the top 5 may cause drowsiness.

Amare is pretty soft and doesn't have the all around game like Gasol. Gasol also has a way better post game where Amare is a fast break dunker or jump shooter. In order to ge a top big man, you need a back to the basket game as well. Gasol is also a way better passer.

Catfish1314
08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
He is an elite scorer for sure. I would rank him among the top 10 scorers at any position.

I don't know about being an elite big man. He is a top big man in the league but the elites, to me, play both ends of the floor. His rebounding numbers have dropped off (Shaq's presence had some part in that I'm sure, but it was still a surprising decline) and he's very mediocre and often poor defensively.

akesh99
08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I would take Duncan, KG, Dirk and Bosh ahead of Amare. Depending on who else rounds out my roster it would be a toss up between Amare and Pau.

Hustla23
08-19-2009, 12:48 PM
He is top 5 IMO.

SickKnick
08-19-2009, 12:59 PM
top 4-5

Voodoo Alchemy
08-19-2009, 01:08 PM

I'd take:

i agree. don't forget bosh, aldridge and of course, howard, shaq and yao if you want to throw in centers.

amare is the worst defender in the league.

Voodoo Alchemy
08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
he also bolded: playing some kind of defence... does Dirk play D?

hell of a lot better than amare. amare sucks.

PrettyBoyJ
08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Top 5 Big Man.. And still Elite.. Bad coaching was the only reason his numbers was down and the injury.. He cud give you 40 any night.. expect a breakout season this season

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
i say he is 3rd best after kg and duncan. how can you guys says pau is better? he owns pau in offense and then people say its cuz amare can't play defense but he actually averages more steals and blocks then pau does.

Pau shoots a better %, Pau Averages more assists, less turnovers and can play with his back to the basket. Pau also average more Offensive rebounds Per Game, he is also better at making the extra passes that keep the O going.

ackar
08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
He is in the top 10 at least. hard for anyone to say he is not top ten.

South Side 95th
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Uh, yes. Only players better are Dwight and Yao. Bosh, no, Al, no. This question should not even been asked.

UofA
08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
top 5, not sure i'd consider him elite though

YANKSJETSKNICKS
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
i think he is and i dont want to turn this into a knicks 2010 debate...but this is the guy i really want over bosh i think he is so rare to find some one with this guys potential because when he puts his mind to it he just cant be stopped

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Pau shoots a better %, Pau Averages more assists, less turnovers and can play with his back to the basket. Pau also average more Offensive rebounds Per Game, he is also better at making the extra passes that keep the O going. Amare has more ppg therfor he puts up more shots so of course gasols fg percentage is higher, gasol has .5 higher assist and that really aint that much. Rebounds he gots amare and I will give you that but as far as amare being softer than gasol :facepalm: we can agree to disagree and be biased for both teams but honeslty who would you rather have.

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Amare has more ppg therfor he puts up more shots so of course gasols fg percentage is higher, gasol has .5 higher assist and that really aint that much. Rebounds he gots amare and I will give you that but as far as amare being softer than gasol :facepalm: we can agree to disagree and be biased for both teams but honeslty who would you rather have.

it's 1.5 more assists a game, and what about the fact the Amare doesn't have a back to the basket game and plays in a system that inflates your PPG but doesn't translate to championship leval ball. Also over his career Gasol is a better shot blocker than Amare.

MPScribbles
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
How does someone with over 5000 posts not realize that Mile High has spent the past month or so conducting polls, one of which answers this exact question?

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
it's 1.5 more assists a game, and what about the fact the Amare doesn't have a back to the basket game and plays in a system that inflates your PPG but doesn't translate to championship leval ball. Also over his career Gasol is a better shot blocker than Amare. I don't think we are on the same page I'm talking about last season. Amare averaged 2.0 and gasol 2.5 apg. You can't blame nobody cuz everyone is the product of there system some people can play both systems most of them can't. Shaq wouldn't be able to fit in the run n gun system just as amare with the half court. So you can't blame it on the system. One more thing amare is a lot younger than gasol and amare has a lot more to improve. You can also say amare doesn't play defense which I think is untrue you need a team to want to play defense its not a one person game. Was ray allen, and paul pierce known for there defense I think not. So regardless I would take amare over gasol anyday of the week.

stensley
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
It's hard for me to call him an elite big man when he refuses to play defense

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
How does someone with over 5000 posts not realize that Mile High has spent the past month or so conducting polls, one of which answers this exact question?

Simple enough answer, I haven't checked out the NBA forum in awhile and wanted to see how people feel about him. Instead of criticizing my thread, why don't you give your opinion on the subject?

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think we are on the same page I'm talking about last season. Amare averaged 2.0 and gasol 2.5 apg. You can't blame nobody cuz everyone is the product of there system some people can play both systems most of them can't. Shaq wouldn't be able to fit in the run n gun system just as amare with the half court. So you can't blame it on the system. One more thing amare is a lot younger than gasol and amare has a lot more to improve. You can also say amare doesn't play defense which I think is untrue you need a team to want to play defense its not a one person game. Was ray allen, and paul pierce known for there defense I think not. So regardless I would take amare over gasol anyday of the week.

Last season Gasol had 3.5 apg.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Top 5 PF, Top 10 Big man, Top 20 player.

mrblisterdundee
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Amare Stoudemire is the most physically-gifted power forward in the NBA. I would take him at power forward over any other in the entire league. So yes, he is still an elite big man. This thread should be closed on grounds of ignorance.

yanksknicksgmen
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Top 5 PF, Top 10 Big man, Top 20 player.

Agreed

robruss614
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Ok i know LAKER fans think pau is this top 5 big man but he isnt even the best big on his team!!! And dirk is so soft that we used to let little shawn marion guard him, now if was a top 5 big in this league they put a small forward on me i would pound him in the paint. As for amare only being good cause nash is there do yall remember his rookie year guess who was his point guard...... thats right STEPHON " I EAT VASALINE" MARBURY and he was 1 of the most explosive players in the league. Amare is still a top 5 big in the league he can score on any 1 and if he puts in the effort he could be a decent defender

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok i know LAKER fans think pau is this top 5 big man but he isnt even the best big on his team!!! And dirk is so soft that we used to let little shawn marion guard him, now if was a top 5 big in this league they put a small forward on me i would pound him in the paint. As for amare only being good cause nash is there do yall remember his rookie year guess who was his point guard...... thats right STEPHON " I EAT VASALINE" MARBURY and he was 1 of the most explosive players in the league. Amare is still a top 5 big in the league he can score on any 1 and if he puts in the effort he could be a decent defender honeslty lakers fan think bynum is top 5 center, fisher top 5 PG, and there bench top 5 in the NBA.

shas
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Bosh is better.

JayW_1023
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM

That doesn't mean a damn thing. Blocks and steals are poor indicators of good straight up defense. Pau Gasol proved he is good enough by defending Howard better than most players last finals.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
That doesn't mean a damn thing. Blocks and steals are poor indicators of good straight up defense. Pau Gasol proved he is good enough by defending Howard better than most players last finals. So I guess howards no offense game and that help defense didn't help either. It was all gasol yeah right.

Nets fan 93
08-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Elite?

Allstar yeah but not elite.

JayW_1023
08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
So I guess howards no offense game and that help defense didn't help either. It was all gasol yeah right.

Actually Gasol guarded Howard straight up most of the time...sure Howard is raw, but he is physically much stronger, quicker and more athletic than Gasol...yet Gasols edge in fundamentals allowed him to bother Howard.

I'm sick of players being called soft just because they are either white, don't chest pump, don't flex their muscles after dunks and/or show some degree of humbleness off the court.

Mavrix
08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
best offensive big in the league with bosh

Dirk's offense > Amare and Bosh

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
honeslty lakers fan think bynum is top 5 center, fisher top 5 PG, and there bench top 5 in the NBA.

That stuff doesn't matter because The whole team was #1 in the end. Amare has talent, but I wouldn't trade Gasol for Amare. Gasol is a team player and really doesn't care about numbers, just does what the team needs to win. It can be scoring one night, rebounding, passing, or guarding guys like Rashard Lewis and D Howard in the same game. That is the type of players you need to win championships. Gasol can also post up any PF or center in the NBA, Amare can't.

Sportfan
08-19-2009, 03:55 PM

I'd take:

lol, you say they play good D, but Big Al is horrible on defense
West? really? no comment necassarry
Boozer's been injured a lot recently but he still isnt on amare level
Amare did bad last year because of Shaq. With shaq out of Phoneix watch Amare have an all-star season
These are the bigs I have ahead of him:
Duncan
Howard
KG
Dirk
Bosh

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 04:05 PM
That stuff doesn't matter because The whole team was #1 in the end. Amare has talent, but I wouldn't trade Gasol for Amare. Gasol is a team player and really doesn't care about numbers, just does what the team needs to win. It can be scoring one night, rebounding, passing, or guarding guys like Rashard Lewis and D Howard in the same game. That is the type of players you need to win championships. Gasol can also post up any PF or center in the NBA, Amare can't. So it wasn't gasol saying that he wants more touches yeah what a team player. Of course you won the championship when you traded something next to nothing for gasol. Your team was on the verge of being a nobody and being one of the worst teams in the NBA, but mr. Captain save a ho jerry west came to rescue you guys. Kobe wanted to leave and you were almost going to get nothing for him cuz of the no trade clause. But whatever you don't think amare is better than gasol that's your opinion, its coming from a laker fan but whatever.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually Gasol guarded Howard straight up most of the time...sure Howard is raw, but he is physically much stronger, quicker and more athletic than Gasol...yet Gasols edge in fundamentals allowed him to bother Howard.

I'm sick of players being called soft just because they are either white, don't chest pump, don't flex their muscles after dunks and/or show some degree of humbleness off the court. I seen gasol pound his chest or scream out to the crowd, but that's beside the point, and being white has nothing to do with anything. He is soft cuz he gets muscled around the reason he gets rebounds is cuz his height and his skinny arms. Kind of like shawn marion. He wasn't the strongest but got rebounds. I'm not the only one calling him soft even a couple of lakers fan and media was calling him gasoft. Its the truth, and the truth hurts get over it.

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
So it wasn't gasol saying that he wants more touches yeah what a team player. Of course you won the championship when you traded something next to nothing for gasol. Your team was on the verge of being a nobody and being one of the worst teams in the NBA, but mr. Captain save a ho jerry west came to rescue you guys. Kobe wanted to leave and you were almost going to get nothing for him cuz of the no trade clause. But whatever you don't think amare is better than gasol that's your opinion, its coming from a laker fan but whatever.

Teams like the Lakers are never on the verge of being a nobody, they might have 2 or 3 down years but they will always attract star players. The Suns on the other hand are just about at nobody status with no titles to show for the flash and dash regular seasons they put together.

Gasol said he wanted more touches because he felt he could draw double teams in the post and create for his team, or if ther was no double team he felt the other guy couldn't guard him. It worked.

Shady66
08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
This isnt suppost to be a Amare vs Pau thread jeez, lets put it this way
offence: amare>gasol
defence: Gasol>Amare
all around: pretty close but gasol wins for being more of a team player.

DreamShaker
08-19-2009, 04:25 PM
This season will tell us. No Shaq or Marion...it's his team offensively. Nash is getting older and needs Amare to finish for him. Amare is one of the best finishers we have seen in a long time. He can dunk, yes, but he also has a soft touch around the basket. He is a pure scorer. Now is he a traditional big man? Not at all. He is the perfect example of a modern day big. He can run, he can finish, he can shoot, he can block shots, and he's a decent volume rebounder. His flaws are obvious though. He lacks toughness. He's a weak man defender. He is injury prone. He really doesn't make his team better...but him with Nash...they were born to play basketball together. They fit together seamlessly. They have terrific chemistry. So...Amare is dominating if he's put in the position to dominate. He's not a do-it-all guy like KG or TD. He's not a clutch scorer and leader like Dirk. He's not even a dominating shot-blocker like Howard (even though he probably should be). He is what he is. But what he is...is really special.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Teams like the Lakers are never on the verge of being a nobody, they might have 2 or 3 down years but they will always attract star players. The Suns on the other hand are just about at nobody status with no titles to show for the flash and dash regular seasons they put together.

Gasol said he wanted more touches because he felt he could draw double teams in the post and create for his team, or if ther was no double team he felt the other guy couldn't guard him. It worked. I'm sorry my team got cheated out so many oppurtunitys. Don't give that excuses comment cuz those are facts when someone else determines the outcome of the game of course you more than likely going to lose but whatever. Let me ask you a question how many championships have the lakers won since you been a fan. Don't give me that my team won 16 championships and your team none, cuz the last time I checked who eleminated you guys the last time we played in the playoffs.

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry my team got cheated out so many oppurtunitys. Don't give that excuses comment cuz those are facts when someone else determines the outcome of the game of course you more than likely going to lose but whatever. Let me ask you a question how many championships have the lakers won since you been a fan. Don't give me that my team won 16 championships and your team none, cuz the last time I checked who eleminated you guys the last time we played in the playoffs.

They won 7. I went to my first game when I was 5, in 1984. I didn't really get into keeping up with the lakers on a daily basis until I was about 12 and waited about 8 years to see them win another title in the first of the 3 peat.

King P
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Amare is very overrated IMO. He is an overrated scorer, a product of his system and the fact that he has Steve Nash passing him the ball. When Terry Porter came in and they tried to become more defensive oriented, Amare didnt do a damn thing except whine about wanting to be traded. Also he plays 0 D and cannot rebound to save his life. Definitely not somebody I would want to build a franchise around

eman
08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Everyone on this thread keep it up an continue to slam Amare', maybe the Phoenix front office will start to agree with you. My dream scenario is that the Phoenix front office doesn't think they can win with him and trades him straight up for Kenyon Martin. Something like what happened last year with the Detroit front office and Chauncey. Maybe exec of the year Mark Wark can do some more Jedi mind tricks and pull off another fleecing.:D

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry my team got cheated out so many oppurtunitys. Don't give that excuses comment cuz those are facts when someone else determines the outcome of the game of course you more than likely going to lose but whatever. Let me ask you a question how many championships have the lakers won since you been a fan. Don't give me that my team won 16 championships and your team none, cuz the last time I checked who eleminated you guys the last time we played in the playoffs.

The last time I checked the Lakers went to 2 straight Finals and are now the Champs again. In the last 2 years the Lakers going to the finals equaled the total number of times the Suns have been to the finals. The Lakers winning it this year is also 1 more than the Suns have won.

Shady66
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow cant believe all the hate on amare, its pretty ridiculous. Yes amare isnt a good defender but he is the best offencive PF in the league. Its just like Iverson, hes an amazing scored, and plays little defence, players dont all play the same. Get over it.

and also Gibby23 Lakers still havnt got the suns back.

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow cant believe all the hate on amare, its pretty ridiculous. Yes amare isnt a good defender but he is the best offencive PF in the league. Its just like Iverson, hes an amazing scored, and plays little defence, players dont all play the same. Get over it.

and also Gibby23 Lakers still havnt got the suns back.

For what? If you noticed the Lakers play to win championships not to beat the Suns in the playoffs. The Lakers destroyed the Suns roster with the gasol trade. It made the Suns break up the team and now they are one of the bottom feeders in the west.

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
i dunt think he ever was an elite player, but he was a very solid player for sure
def top 10 amongst big men tho,

Shady66
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
For what? If you noticed the Lakers play to win championships not to beat the Suns in the playoffs. The Lakers destroyed the Suns roster with the gasol trade. It made the Suns break up the team and now they are one of the bottom feeders in the west.

Top 8 team in the west is not a bottom feeder.
O and u mean that trade where u got gasol gift rapped?

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Amare is very overrated IMO. He is an overrated scorer, a product of his system and the fact that he has Steve Nash passing him the ball. When Terry Porter came in and they tried to become more defensive oriented, Amare didnt do a damn thing except whine about wanting to be traded. Also he plays 0 D and cannot rebound to save his life. Definitely not somebody I would want to build a franchise around Amare never wanted to be traded.

Gibby23
08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Top 8 team in the west is not a bottom feeder.
O and u mean that trade where u got gasol gift rapped?

The Suns didn't make the playoffs so they are not a top 8 team, and yes I mean the trade where Gasol got gift wrapped.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
The last time I checked the Lakers went to 2 straight Finals and are now the Champs again. In the last 2 years the Lakers going to the finals equaled the total number of times the Suns have been to the finals. The Lakers winning it this year is also 1 more than the Suns have won. Its all cuz of Mr. West, I'm wondering does he get a ring too.

Shady66
08-19-2009, 05:07 PM
The Suns didn't make the playoffs so they are not a top 8 team, and yes I mean the trade where Gasol got gift wrapped.

Well when you go 5 games over 500 without your best player for almost half the season, thats not too bad.
this year they will make the playoffs.

thephoenixson28
08-19-2009, 05:08 PM

and also Gibby23 Lakers still havnt got the suns back. I bet you out of all the teams in the NBA not 1 single team would not want amare.

Shady66
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
^^ cant think of any team that wouldnt want him, other than some fans denying it.

Wiz kids
08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
He's still an elite player if he could see out of his eye.

TheMicrowave
08-19-2009, 05:45 PM
He's still an elite player if he could see out of his eye.

He is definitely better than you.

Missing56&33
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
yes

Bigjd420
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Offensively he is an elite big man...defensively Not even close!!! As a phoenix fan i'm disappointed by his lack of effort and interest on D, I thought the suns should have traded him!

Wiz kids
08-20-2009, 01:17 AM
He is definitely better than you.

No **** dumbass he's an NBA player.

bogdanrom
08-20-2009, 01:21 AM
I would say yes. He has had some injury problems which has set him down a little bit but not a whole lot. His offensive game is amazing, what he lack is defense and rebounding. I would still love to have him on my Wizards.

krest213
08-20-2009, 01:29 AM
why not

#1Mavericksfan
08-20-2009, 01:41 AM
The Stoudemire in the 04-05 season was just scary but if he ca play like that again then you can put him with the rest of the big man.

NY4YA
08-20-2009, 01:58 AM
i dont agree with david west and boozer, i'd take amare over both

You beat me to it. I agree. So top 8. Not bad. PLease come to knicks in 2010

smith&wesson
08-20-2009, 02:16 AM

I'd take:

boozer and west ahead of amare ??

Thats :bs:

leftie5
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
I have a feeling Amar'e is going to go buck nutty this season without Shaq to clog the lane in the post. Now it's back to spreading the floor and running the bread and butter pick n roll. He has always seemed to respond well to adversity, so hopefully he can stay healthy this year. Plus, he's going to bring the goggles back in style. :)

MajorFloridaFan
08-20-2009, 03:05 AM
nope he just played in a system that was good for him

thephoenixson28
08-20-2009, 03:28 AM
nope he just played in a system that was good for him Doesn't everyone :shrug:

LakePackYank
08-20-2009, 03:36 AM
nope, never was either.

toovey107
08-20-2009, 03:58 AM
nope, never was either.