PDA

View Full Version : Triano interview on Fan 590

GodsSon
08-18-2009, 10:19 PM
http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media.jsp?content=20090818_073859_7228

not sure whether this has already been posted, but i'll post it anyway; also, wasn't sure where to post this so i created a new thread...Anyway, i really like what he said about Bargs, and the Raps asking Jose to focus more on defence and pushing the ball up the floor...the season cant come any quicker for me

THiiRTYONE
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Triano is starting to gain some respect from me, hopefully he can come through! :D

koreancabbage
08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Triano is starting to gain some respect from me, hopefully he can come through! :D

lol- almost all coaches talk a good talk. He's supposed to have good communication skills so i'm not surprised if he had a good interview (i didn't listen yet)

he'll get my respect when he coaches a winning team. The pieces are here now with what we have right now and are soooo much better than last year's scrubs.

secterm
08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Triano has always been a good PR speaker (with interviews and such). The one thing that worries me is that you hear the three guys talking about how the team is so tough, but all that toughness is coming off the bench. The starting lineup is still one of the weakest in the league. I really hope A Wright is the starting SG so that Demar will have a little less expectations starting the season and it will also inject a bit a of proven toughness into the starting 5.

lorenz00
08-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Triano has always been a good PR speaker (with interviews and such). The one thing that worries me is that you hear the three guys talking about how the team is so tough, but all that toughness is coming off the bench. The starting lineup is still one of the weakest in the league. I really hope A Wright is the starting SG so that Demar will have a little less expectations starting the season and it will also inject a bit a of proven toughness into the starting 5.

true true... the toughness is in the bench lol

RaptorizedKevin
08-19-2009, 12:05 AM
defense, toughness, rebounding, is all in our bench. Our starting lineup is all offensive talent.

i think we got more defense than last year now though.. amazingly ?

gained defensive players:

Antoine Wright
Jarrat Jack
Demar Derozan
Amir Johnson
Reggie Evans

lost defensive players:

shawn Marion
anthony parker
joey graham

I heard bargs got stronger and bigger, good to know. considering how he averaged 6.3 rebounds from january to april is a good sign. This year i expect at least 7 rebounds though. 8 or more will be VERY GOOD.
With jose working on defense, even more to love.

our rebounding numbers should be about the same. i noticer we have deep rebounding deeph at the PF. we need rebounding deeph from perimeter players too though. but now we dont have anymore players to grab boards on the perimter. overall our rebounding numbers should be this though

Jose- 3
Derozan-4
Turkglu-6
Bosh-11
Bargnani-7

31 for our starting court. that isnt bad at all. For the bench..

jack- around 2-3
belineli-1
wright-1
wright/johnson-5
rasho- 3

bench rebs- 11

total: 42 rebounds.. if we make at least 42 rebs a game we are okay :]

clutchski
08-19-2009, 12:15 AM
haha curling as the tie breaker. Can't really imagine Reggie Evans on skates :p

ChongInc.
08-19-2009, 03:04 AM
defense, toughness, rebounding, is all in our bench. Our starting lineup is all offensive talent.

i think we got more defense than last year now though.. amazingly ?

gained defensive players:

Antoine Wright
Jarrat Jack
Demar Derozan
Amir Johnson
Reggie Evans

lost defensive players:

shawn Marion
anthony parker
joey graham

I heard bargs got stronger and bigger, good to know. considering how he averaged 6.3 rebounds from january to april is a good sign. This year i expect at least 7 rebounds though. 8 or more will be VERY GOOD.
With jose working on defense, even more to love.

our rebounding numbers should be about the same. i noticer we have deep rebounding deeph at the PF. we need rebounding deeph from perimeter players too though. but now we dont have anymore players to grab boards on the perimter. overall our rebounding numbers should be this though

Jose- 3
Derozan-4
Turkglu-6
Bosh-11
Bargnani-7

31 for our starting court. that isnt bad at all. For the bench..

jack- around 2-3
belineli-1
wright-1
wright/johnson-5
rasho- 3

bench rebs- 11

total: 42 rebounds.. if we make at least 42 rebs a game we are okay :]

wheres evans in your equation?

secterm
08-19-2009, 03:08 AM
wheres evans in your equation?

I think wright/johnson is suppose to be evans/johnson